Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

b-minus1 posted:

These are the worst votes for me imo. Bif and sci have at least justified their reasons, even though they’re wrong

See the post above the vote binus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

Why, though? Am I required to have suspicion of his alignment either way before I can push people to answer a question that helps me figure out what I think their alignment is?

That's dumb, and you know it.

No it's to prevent you from changing your opinion on me to suit whatever argument you wanted to push after grilling binus (if you hadn't taken a stance)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf seems not that aggro to me this game, so not sure where that’s coming from.

I mean he could be scum still but he’s not being a jerk. If anything I’m the one who has turned the snark up this game

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im at page 8 and noted posting waelord tommygun still has not explained who he thinks is scum.

Does it get better or should I vote for him for being a veritable fountain of white noise.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sandwolf posted:

No it's to prevent you from changing your opinion on me to suit whatever argument you wanted to push after grilling binus (if you hadn't taken a stance)

Ah, you were talking about your alignment, not binus'.

That's also dumb, but for less nefarious reasons, at least.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

Im at page 8 and noted posting waelord tommygun still has not explained who he thinks is scum.

Does it get better or should I vote for him for being a veritable fountain of white noise.

read the next two pages I get stuff out of him

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

Ah, you were talking about your alignment, not binus'.

That's also dumb, but for less nefarious reasons, at least.

yeah no my alignment, go off on binus' alignment

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

read the next two pages I get stuff out of him

Do you? I'm not seeing it.

sirtommygunn posted:

If you're talking about my vote earlier, it's just based on taking a random shot day 1 because that's better than doing nothing. Thus, if the vote is random anyway, why not target the most unpleasant poster? I'm new, I can't make day 1 reads on posters I don't know in a forums metagame I'm unaware of, so gently caress it, let's target the guy who's raging at everyone for playing suboptimally on day 1.

Lmao

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Gonna ##unvote binus and go back to sleep for a hour or two. Will reread the absolute garbage every single poster here produces after

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I mean there are far worse offenders than tommy, at least he’s posting. Referee, taste and ASF spring to mind. Barely any posts and what we get is devoid of anything of worth. I guess I’ll give ASF a pass if he was ill but the other two...

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Knowing that tommy is new his posts read more to me as clueless confused town than scummy

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Clueless and confused describes most of my life.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I mean there are far worse offenders than tommy, at least he’s posting. Referee, taste and ASF spring to mind. Barely any posts and what we get is devoid of anything of worth. I guess I’ll give ASF a pass if he was ill but the other two...

I will hear no bad word against taste who is cute and also my idol.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I'm unconcerned about the lurkers, there's a lurker gun mechanic. They post or they die.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Clueless and confused describes most of my life.
/

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Knowing that tommy is new his posts read more to me as clueless confused town than scummy

I keep bouncing round the idea that bad posting doesn't equal scum and that acting like it does is disengenious. Scum is ultimately a self concious role and i dont think posters- especially on day one take that into consideration.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you want to assign some intent to my shitposting I'm trying to get scum to target me so they'll waste their night action killing a complete idiot.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

If you want to assign some intent to my shitposting I'm trying to get scum to target me so they'll waste their night action killing a complete idiot.

What makes you think scum would target shitposters?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

What makes you think scum would target shitposters?

Well it’s that or they hold their kill

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sirtommygunn posted:

What does this even mean?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

This feels like 4D chess and also not true, are you really trying to get NKed or are you just tryna but rubber to the road

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hum still sniping not posting!

##vote Hum

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I didn't read the OP closely enough, I never bother reading the bit where the mod tells us all to be nice to each other and that it's only a game.

Now I wish i had been posting more, vigging lurkers sounds great.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh holy poo poo am I gonna get a lurker gun?!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm always amazed when I feel like I've posted a fair amount in a game, then I look at post count and not only am I towards the bottom, but the person who has the most posts has almost 5 loving times the amount of posts I do.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well if you want to play a nice mafia game with your friends around the forum and some new guy immediately starts saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable you might want to target them so the game can get back to being fun and interesting. Alternatively this is a new strategy I'm trying out to avoid being targeted night 1 because I'm really having a nice time with people and don't want it to end too soon. :kiddo:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well unless a few people step up their posting game then looks like it!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Actually now that you mention it, I had been thinking about Referee earlier, why was that

Referee posted:

“Out of control?” Really?

Ah, right here. I thought maybe this could be getting overly defensive in response to some clear sarcasm, but then wrote it off as a pretty natural response even if he had recognised it as sarcasm. But he hasn't posted anything since so now I'm wondering if there was something to it. Guess he'll get a lurker gun pointed at him though, so the best way to try and remove him from the thread isn't even to vote him, but to avoid voting him so he doesn't rush back to defend himself and post enough to get over the line.

Sandwolf posted:

Hum still sniping not posting!

##vote Hum

That was a pretty drat good snipe though cmon

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

Well if you want to play a nice mafia game with your friends around the forum and some new guy immediately starts saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable you might want to target them so the game can get back to being fun and interesting. Alternatively this is a new strategy I'm trying out to avoid being targeted night 1 because I'm really having a nice time with people and don't want it to end too soon. :kiddo:

Hello sirtommy I have nothing against you as a person but please stop making these points your ruining my name by association

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well unless a few people step up their posting game then looks like it!

This was in reference to SW getting a lurker vig kill btw

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Points, posts same thing.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sirtommygunn posted:

What even is this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sirtommygunn posted:

That emote is an excellent move in your get-scum-to-kill-me strategy, just looking at it rn I'd dayvig that face if I could

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's nothing, fine, I'll stop being poo poo at least until the end of the day.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Oh, this is your first game. Stop posting weirdly.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sandwolf seems not that aggro to me this game, so not sure where that’s coming from.

I mean he could be scum still but he’s not being a jerk. If anything I’m the one who has turned the snark up this game

Noth of you loving blow gently caress u both

gently caress sandwolf fuckin nerd

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I like Sandwolf and I like how he plays the game. He generally plays the game like a sensible person should.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Stop posting self consciously and let it rip @sirtommygun