Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

This is your whole case that I can find, and the rest is basically sniping. You haven't cased anyone but it feels like you're really pushing a hum lunch.

mafia edit: it feels like you're really pushing a hum lunch without having a case to point to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

and now that I think about it some more, ##vote sandwolf

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

If Hum is scum I think there’s an excellent chance Hal is too, with how quickly Hum jumped on Hal’s last point there.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also I still think binus is the best lunch, I think we got pushed off scum, but that's not happening today unless something changes

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Referee posted:

If Hum is scum I think there’s an excellent chance Hal is too, with how quickly Hum jumped on Hal’s last point there.

lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I *am* really pushing a Hum lunch, I'm not being subtle about it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I don’t like this late in the day redirect off of Binus and onto me

Reeks of opportunistic motives.

this post comes after Bif & I vote for hum? and it just seems so ludicrous, there are so many suppositions in it, 'late in the day redirect'? Binus was at like -5. 'opportunistic motives'? its just desperate to cast shade and throw dirt without engaging with the reality of the game,

from here he goes DEEP into OMGUS territory:

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have 5 hours to go in a slow game and I'm the vote leader with two scum voting me. (Sand note: referee and I are the scum he's referring to)

From here he makes a case on me dependent on the fact that I called STG scummy and then called him not as scummy, which he reads as a 'distancing attempt' and this is enough of a slam dunk for me to be scum?

he follows up the simple question of me asking why he actually thinks I'm scum with the SUPER dramatic and extremely lovely:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I won't be answering any more of Sandwolf's posts. I see no reason to engage with scum.

since then he's called Amni, Referee, ASF, and DB scummy too for no real concrete reason

since then he's coasting, not engaging with any cases, he's not even trying to push for my lunch. he reacted badly to early pressure and is now hoping it'll die down around him. this is scumalong.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

here's my D1 "call your shot": Hal, Hum, and Solus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would very much like to see Sandwolf lunched today.

Because he's scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

Also I still think binus is the best lunch, I think we got pushed off scum, but that's not happening today unless something changes

I can’t definitively prove you wrong, but I don’t see the case for B the same way you do. I typically read B as scummy in most games but haven’t got that vibe this game yet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can't wait until Scumwolf survives day 1, gets the lurker gun aimed at his teammate ASF, and hems and haws about shooting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (4): Amnistar, tithin, sirtommygunn, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn, Mr. Humalong, Tommunist, SolusLunes
Mr. Humalong (4): Referee, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Referee, Referee
ObamaAkbar. (2): A Sometimes Food, Amnistar, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
SolusLunes (2): Scientastic, ObamaAkbar.
b-minus1 (1): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Scientastic, t a s t e, Tommunist, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Scientastic, Sandwolf, sirtommygunn, Bifauxnen, SolusLunes, Tommunist, SolusLunes
A Sometimes Food (1): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Scientastic (0): SalTheBard, b-minus1, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard, Dick Bastardly
Bifauxnen (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): t a s t e, t a s t e
tithin (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Referee (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
t a s t e (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
sirtommygunn (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, b-minus1
SalTheBard (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
Tommunist (0): sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2020 at 4 a.m. CET -- that's in about 1 hour, 12 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can't wait until Scumwolf survives day 1, gets the lurker gun aimed at his teammate ASF, and hems and haws about shooting.

This sounds real overcertain for d1 poo poo and that's sayin something coming from me hey

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

This sounds real overcertain for d1 poo poo and that's sayin something coming from me hey

He's already laid the groundwork for it

Sandwolf posted:

I will obviously give whoever lurker gun is pointed at tomorrow a chance to speak before shooting by the way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because he's scum.

when I read this I think: "drat! This is a guy who is positive I am scum and REALLY wants to get me lunched! He sure isn't more interested in not being lunched, he REALLY wants me lunched."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like ASF can still be scum but I don't know how anyone could judge that yet when he's mostly posted how he's not posting much due to being literally ill with the flu

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

he's shooting self consciousness off like lightning and I am annoyed more people aren't seeing this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm fine being lunched, but I'd much prefer someone who is actually scum (like Sandwolf) be lunched before a town player like me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

he's shooting self consciousness off like lightning and I am annoyed more people aren't seeing this

Sandwolf: "Hum isn't even pushing a case on me."

Hum:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because he's scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My role is probably negative utility anyway.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

This post is hilarious when you read back and see the sum of your "content" to that point is:

Then you double down on this being content by saying:

Stating "I'd vote that guy" is not making a read. You never mention STG again. I'd wager that was your distancing attempt.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Referee, I did notice you pointing out Hal picking on ASF earlier and I thought that looked a bit sus as well

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Amni what will it take for you to vote Hum

Obama no longer being an option.

##vote Hum

I don't think Sandwolf is scum, I'm not sold on Humalong but my reads right now are Obama, who other people aren't willing to vote for and STG who I' won't vote for on D1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

that case is *literally* dependent on the statement I made asking people for reads and you jumping on it as me not really having reads before that point

I have two more pages of posts since then, but again, you don't actually want to get me lunched, you want to make sure you survive

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Obama no longer being an option.

##vote Hum

I don't think Sandwolf is scum, I'm not sold on Humalong but my reads right now are Obama, who other people aren't willing to vote for and STG who I' won't vote for on D1.

scum vote

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I have two more pages of posts since then, but again, you don't actually want to get me lunched, you want to make sure you survive

...##unvote

I don't see this happening at all and it's making me second guess sandwolf not being scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

that case is *literally* dependent on the statement I made asking people for reads and you jumping on it as me not really having reads before that point

yeah you have posted a loving monsoon of word vomit hoping people won't bother reading into any of it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

...##unvote

I don't see this happening at all and it's making me second guess sandwolf not being scum.

he literally OMGUS suspicioned at you as soon as you voted amni are you kidding

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

anyway I'm going to bed. I thought about pulling an IcePhoenix and posting my Role PM to stop scum from pushing me today, but I think it would be better if people see who exactly is willing to vote me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

That didn’t take much for you to unvote

reading the game on my phone at work is a bit of a challenge

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

you seem so desperate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

you seem so desperate

I have been desperately tryna get this game going *all day*

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

He's got poo poo reads, but he's not "more interested in staying alive". He's been pushing like this since before he was really a front runner. The misrepresentation of what is happening is what I have a problem with.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

and now that I'm pretty sure I've found scum, we're now one hour before deadline, no closer to consensus, so yeah, I am desperate to get you lunched instead of some last minute switch to a 'compromise' candidate that inevitably flips town

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

anyway I'm going to bed. I thought about pulling an IcePhoenix and posting my Role PM to stop scum from pushing me today, but I think it would be better if people see who exactly is willing to vote me.

Completely separate from my opinion of you in this game: MAN I hate when players threaten this poo poo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

Completely separate from my opinion of you in this game: MAN I hate when players threaten this poo poo.

it's honestly worse as a threat because you've gotta WIFOM analyze it a dozen ways

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Referee posted:

yeah that's why I didn't do it. it's lovely.

Sandwolf posted:

and now that I'm pretty sure I've found scum, we're now one hour before deadline, no closer to consensus, so yeah, I am desperate to get you lunched instead of some last minute switch to a 'compromise' candidate that inevitably flips town

a last minute swap would be a terrible idea. it's you or me today

the lack of activity tells me that scum aren't sure where to land

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Referee posted:

If anyone actually did this I would refuse to play with them ever again. It's literally saying "I don't like the fact that people are playing the game so I'm going to throw a tantrum and ruin the game for everyone."

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Woken up and reading thread.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

You can't post a quote of your role, it's against the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Good way to get modkilled Hum.