Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

at what price point does the bulk bags of swizzels crap sweets become a good buy? no kids can trick-or-treat this year so all those sacks of earwig honey and bonemeal treats will be priced to clear pretty soon

e: death to Parma Violets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Parma violets are okay :colbert:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Parmo Violence

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

This, however, is categorically not

Parma violence cheese

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, the thought of it is not immediately making me want to vomit, so I'd probably try it.

I think I had a rosewater cheese once.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

waluigi cheese

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

but if you adjusted rents to reflect actual demand, you'd have to write down the value of your portfolio, which is bad

if you allow the council to put a laminate in the window of what a shop would look like if the shop wasn't closed and also it was the cote d'azur in the 60s, you can borrow against the value of the shop at full price, which is good

Welcome to the concept of a rent free period!! I’m looking at retail space right now and an example of this would be:

“This shop is 20k p/a. If you take it on a five year basis with a 2 year break clause then we will offer a 12 month rent free period as a sweetener”

This allows them to have ‘rented out’ the place for 20k a year, meaning the portfolio isn’t written down and they can point to that rent as a comparison.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiK0I-8BfM

I don't think I'm preaching to the choir but gently caress the UK. I'm in N. Ireland which makes me part of the UK too. I get that youtube comments is full of trolls but I believe some of these comments are genuine. gently caress the UK.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ferrari do an SUV these days surely don't they? Probably based on a Jeep or a Dodge caravan or whatever. I don't even understand if fiat who are soon to be maybe peugeot still owns Ferrari or not?

There is one in the works and from what ive heard its not just going to be a Lusso with a lift (even though it it apparently replacing the Lusso in the line up) but it will use hybrid technology a la the SF90 but instead of using it to turn a 1570kg car into a go kart it will be utilised to some other clever end.

Ferrari isn't owned by Fiat anymore and is a completely independent manufacturer. Not even pininfarina do the designs anymore, it's all in-house

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Thanks for the ferrari update

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
*charges out of a room with a lovely handmade sign on the door that reads 'JOKE LAB', the floor littered with screwed up balls of paper, and clears throat*

ferrari rocher

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i cant wait for christmas so i can visit my elderly relatives

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The negotiations are going pretty well between Bojo and the viruses ambassadors on working towards a Christmas Day truce

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hemale in pain posted:

all mine are already dead, score one for me

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
mew :radcat:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kecske posted:

e: death to Parma Violets

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Red Oktober posted:

Welcome to the concept of a rent free period!! I’m looking at retail space right now and an example of this would be:

“This shop is 20k p/a. If you take it on a five year basis with a 2 year break clause then we will offer a 12 month rent free period as a sweetener”

This allows them to have ‘rented out’ the place for 20k a year, meaning the portfolio isn’t written down and they can point to that rent as a comparison.

The entire commercial property market is currently being kept afloat by everyone pretending really hard that office and retail spaces haven't actually suffered a huge and possibly permanent cratering of value, when it's completely obvious that they have. It's dumb as hell lol.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

I'm dreading the prospect of the train journey to my parent's house and back this year. Even without Covid, it's normally a pretty poo poo experience: this year, I dunno how possible it's gonna be. I'm torn between reserving tickets now so I've at least got a timetable and the near-inevitability of some sort of panicky, no-notice new national lockdown that scuppers everything.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pistol_Pete posted:

The entire commercial property market is currently being kept afloat by everyone pretending really hard that office and retail spaces haven't actually suffered a huge and possibly permanent cratering of value, when it's completely obvious that they have. It's dumb as hell lol.

The London skyscraper boom was built on the need for floor space so much it created a death ray, and none of them were ever over 80% occupancy.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Valko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiK0I-8BfM

I don't think I'm preaching to the choir but gently caress the UK. I'm in N. Ireland which makes me part of the UK too. I get that youtube comments is full of trolls but I believe some of these comments are genuine. gently caress the UK.

Why deal with the horror of bad things when you can invent reasons that the bad things are actually okay?

Why engage with reality at all when our magic first world invincibility will surely last forever?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Total Meatlove posted:

The London skyscraper boom was built on the need for floor space so much it created a death ray, and none of them were ever over 80% occupancy.

There's an office block near where a friend lives in London that has never been occupied and is now being (if it hasn't already) torn down so they can build flats.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Total Meatlove posted:

On the plus side, in the Vaccine World there's gonna be some bangin' new venues, art spaces and community ventures in all these semi-abandoned buildings (not low cost homes though. Can't have The Poors living anywhere NICE)

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

The negotiations are going pretty well between Bojo and the viruses ambassadors on working towards a Christmas Day truce

gonna have a game of footy up on the marsh against the virus, commit a sneaky two-footer when I think I can get away with it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm dreading the prospect of the train journey to my parent's house and back this year. Even without Covid, it's normally a pretty poo poo experience: this year, I dunno how possible it's gonna be. I'm torn between reserving tickets now so I've at least got a timetable and the near-inevitability of some sort of panicky, no-notice new national lockdown that scuppers everything.

just dont go

send them a nice card and a present and give them a phone call

Gluten Free Dad
Oct 21, 2020

hello my fellow marmite crumpets

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

got a cough and heaviness in my chest lads

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's called being english, op

best of luck anyway though

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
real life bruce springsteen now sounds like the rod stewart in early southpark lol

laaao0o0o0o00oo0 o0oo0 0 o0ooo0oooo nnnaaaao00o0o0oo00o0oo0ooooo :corsair:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gluten Free Dad posted:

hello my fellow marmite crumpets

Not sure you're doing gluten free right m8

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that's called being english, op

best of luck anyway though
i am pretty sure its just a seasonal asthma / cold interaction but best to be sure

my wife will miss out on about £200 of overtime though which is a pisser

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
how are you besting to be sure?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

called 111, will probably be told to go to nepal for a test, have warned the wife so she can isolate

i am far more worried about being stuck in the house for 2 weeks with the sister in law, pretty sure that is far more likely to kill me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
As if she will stay in

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

bobby rip

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

bobby if you dont make it can i have your account? not for mischief but so that i can close this thread every shabbat

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

for my forums will i leave ratty this thread, djf my in jokes and no-one encouragement about his improving ways

NotJustANumber99 posted:

As if she will stay in

she has literally just gone out after telling her i am waiting on a call from 111

if i dob her in she might get fined and be too broke for us to move out so gently caress it she can be a superspreader if she wants

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

it will suck pretty bad if i put up with her for this long and then she manages to kill me literally a month or two before we are free of her

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

remember bobby, during a pandemic snitches get stitches the respect of those who have sacrificed so much over the past 6 months to protect those vulnerable close and strangers

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

feedmegin posted:

Not sure you're doing gluten free right m8

Genius do gluten free crumpets. They aren't bad but also aren't as good as the real deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

just dont go

send them a nice card and a present and give them a phone call

I secretly want to do this