Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DariusLikewise posted:

Is Poe bad now?

The Chiefs broke him playing him so many snaps. A big what if career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Just a reminder to Cowboys fans about what you can expect when Excellent Quarterback Ben Dinucci drives you down the length of the field and is ready to score to tie your high-pressure game up

https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/1216089872940904450

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1321499337562750978

:getin:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did they let BoB back into the building?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Did they let BoB back into the building?

Will Fuller for Tyler Ervin and a 7th rounder who says no (not BoB)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
maybe Bill Obrien was actually a good coach, but when he went to Houston, he got possessed by BOB

now the next guy is thinking about trading Will Fuller for a 5th + Alshon Jeffrey and he doesn't know why

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It will take a long time to undo the damage BoB has done

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

the yellow dart posted:

Just a reminder to Cowboys fans about what you can expect when Excellent Quarterback Ben Dinucci drives you down the length of the field and is ready to score to tie your high-pressure game up

Bison bitch!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

the yellow dart posted:

Sounds good to me

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Magicpants posted:

maybe Bill Obrien was actually a good coach, but when he went to Houston, he got possessed by BOB

now the next guy is thinking about trading Will Fuller for a 5th + Alshon Jeffrey and he doesn't know why

Is the one-armed man involved? Is that gum you like going to come back into style?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Spoeank posted:

Will Fuller for Tyler Ervin and a 7th rounder who says no (not BoB)

I mean, how valuable is a 7 game a year deep ball guy, really

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/S4CKGURU/status/1321499658846412803?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I didn't know the Jags employed spirit mediums.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Falcons and Texans had outbreaks after playing the Packers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

I didn't know the Jags employed spirit mediums.

Joey absorbed Nick’s life force so he may walk the earth again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1321532878669275136

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1321529759860445191

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How do the Falcons keep doing this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Their collective psyches have been irreparably broken since that Super Bowl.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I mean, yeah, that was a boner play, but the Atlanta defense has to do something. I'd put the blame more on them than the dude who scored the go-ahead touchdown.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The weird part is this didn't even really start happening until this year. The year after the Super Bowl they weren't as dominant without Shanahan of course, but they still sneaked into the playoffs despite being third in a loaded NFC South. Last year they were bad for the first half of the year but were more usual-team bad, and then in the second half they scored some big upsets like the 49ers and managed to hit 7-9.

The Falcons were simply mediocre-to-bad after that Super Bowl, it wasn't until this year that they've started this insane rollercoaster of blowing leads in the most ridiculous ways. It's probably the same 2020 insanity that has the NFC East leader at 2-4-1 and the Browns maintaining a winning record.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

They had 1st and goal at the 10 down by 2, Detroit had no timeouts, they had one timeout, and there was 1:12 left

WHY NOT TAKE KNEES HERE, CALL A TIME OUT, AND KICK A FIELD GOAL I feel like I'm insane

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 28, 2020

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I mean, yeah, that was a boner play, but the Atlanta defense has to do something. I'd put the blame more on them than the dude who scored the go-ahead touchdown.

It also looks like he's trying to stop and just has too much momentum. And there's no guarantee they score if he doesn't get in, and they couldn't win with a field goal. Pretty overblown imo

edit oh they were only down 2, so they could have won with the field goal. I guess you could miss it but that does make it worse

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I dont know but I hope it never ends

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

It also looks like he's trying to stop and just has too much momentum. And there's no guarantee they score if he doesn't get in, and they couldn't win with a field goal. Pretty overblown imo

The score was 16-14, they absolutely win if they run the clock down and kick a FG.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

They had 1st and goal at the 10, Detroit had no timeouts, they had one timeout, and there was 1:12 left

WHY NOT TAKE KNEES HERE, CALL A TIME OUT, AND KICK A FIELD GOAL I feel like I'm insane

Because they are the Atlanta Falcons.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Spoeank posted:

They had 1st and goal at the 10 down by 2, Detroit had no timeouts, they had one timeout, and there was 1:12 left

As a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, running down the clock and relying on field goal as time expires is not an optimal Plan A to me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Kalli posted:

The score was 16-14, they absolutely win if they run the clock down and kick a FG.

Yeah i misremembered the final score

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah i misremembered the final score

I mean yeah, the defense should've held up, but I think everyone knew what was gonna happen the second they scored the TD. It was fate.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It was definitely an accident, hell Gurley has done this sort of thing successfully before when he was on the Rams to ice a game. He's definitely smart enough to go down at the 1 and take the field goal.

He just wasn't able to stop his momentum this time because he's now on the 2020 Atlanta Falcons, a team that is bizarrely and entertainingly cursed.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Spoeank posted:

You're correct, of course. It was first and goal and Matt Ryan is saying "get the first and get down". So right off the bat they were hosed because I guess Matt Ryan didn't know what the down and distance was.

Even if it was like 1st and 5 it feels like a lot to ask your running back to try to thread the needle of running through some guys and stop in a five yard window so your kicker has a 20 yard kick instead of a 27.

EDIT: I guess the Matt Ryan bit was a play or two before this one. They still should have taken knees and kicked.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 28, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
This always makes me remember when Ahmad Bradshaw went rear end first into the end zone in Super Bowl XLVI.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It is not a hard thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRohiI1iwI

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fartknocker posted:

This always makes me remember when Ahmad Bradshaw went rear end first into the end zone in Super Bowl XLVI.

Pats oh so narrowly missed the Hail Mary to win after that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I could have sworn it was 2nd and 8 for the falcons. And Gurley ran past the first down marker into the endzone

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'll be nice to gurley and say it's probably a little harder after you got adrenaline going when you get to the 2nd level and all of a sudden the end zone is there. muscle memory and instinct prob took over and he hosed up

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1321541478263476230?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

both former panthers and both positions the panthers need

just saying

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

really queer Christmas posted:

I could have sworn it was 2nd and 8 for the falcons. And Gurley ran past the first down marker into the endzone

I thought I saw same thing on highlights, but ESPN play by play had it as first down.

Maybe weren't sure if picked up first down on previous play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I read today that there was a major demand for CBs around the league. Worely probably gets multiple offers.