Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I have a feeling I know what sandwolf is going to do now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##unvote Sandwolf would you care to submit a counterclaim?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Well, from a game theory perspective, I say we accept the claim.

If DB is telling the truth, we flip scum, and DB as cop dies tonight (since the jailor is gone)
If DB is lying, we lose Sandwolf, who hasn't been a paragon of town play, and then kill DB tommorrow.

And 4 scum seems like the right number for a 16 player game, so one of DB and Sandwolf is scum, then we just have to find the last one.

##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yah I think this is DB caught

I'm a JOAT, but one of my abilities was a 1-shot cop, which I used on Sal N2 and got a town result on. N1 I was RBed (I think, or, my target may have been jailed), but I tried to investigate Sal then too. Last night I tracked Hal, who didn't go anywhere, obviously (he was RBed).

I'm not revealing what else I can do yet.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Well, from a game theory perspective, I say we accept the claim.

If DB is telling the truth, we flip scum, and DB as cop dies tonight (since the jailor is gone)
If DB is lying, we lose Sandwolf, who hasn't been a paragon of town play, and then kill DB tommorrow.

And 4 scum seems like the right number for a 16 player game, so one of DB and Sandwolf is scum, then we just have to find the last one.

##vote sandwolf

amni is probably last scum after DB

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I mean db has been one of my top scum reads. This cop claim feels a little desperate. Also I just looked through your posts and for all of the breadcrumbing you apparently did I don’t see anything that resembles a town result of stg.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I'm a JOAT, but one of my abilities was a 1-shot cop, which I used on Sal N2 and got a town result on. N1 I was RBed (I think, or, my target may have been jailed), but I tried to investigate Sal then too. Last night I tracked Hal, who didn't go anywhere, obviously (he was RBed).

Uhh....Sal, the roleblocker, visited Bif.

If Hal was blocked, it was by a jailor, so your action would have failed.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##vote Sandwolf

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I think your fake claim needed more work.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

lol, okay, so your JOAT with a scum rolecop utility vice town alignment cop. I think this is low effort, spur of the moment fluff because getting RB'd and visiting an RB'd player are very convenient, but if you waited too long to retort it would become more and more obvious that you were hanging back in scumchat (which you projected onto me lol) trying to figure a better claim than you did. It's ok,I know getting caught out like this is a flustering experience.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

I mean db has been one of my top scum reads. This cop claim feels a little desperate. Also I just looked through your posts and for all of the breadcrumbing you apparently did I don’t see anything that resembles a town result of stg.

I should have breadcrumbed at the least but I was worried I'd out my role to scum too soon, so I focused on trying to suss out scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

As scummy as I think DB has been I believe his claim more

##vote sandwolf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just woke up and haven't read anything yet but Obama mentioned your claim Amni and I think Sal better claim too

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ve skimmed to this point and am not sure what to think of the claims yet. Sandwolf is at -2 already though. Can we PLEASE not rush this day?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, sure, I'll ##unvote for a little while to keep us from hammering on accident.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Referee posted:

This one was mine. I was a one-shot vig.

Noice!

Referee posted:

Taste dying at night while permanently bulletproof. We probably either have a poisoner/arsonist, or a juggernaut kill, but that feels unfair to give someone permanent bulletproof and then have them die to a jugg kill. Interesting.

Eh it's role madness, them's the breaks. Unless Hal wants to claim anything special I am gonna ignore all of Taste's binus crap now

Amnistar posted:

Gonna go reread Tommunist after work.

Bif, anything bad happen last night?

Why yes but Obama's prolly filled you in since he could see for himself that my action failed and no one new joined up

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can Sandwolf still shoot this guy?

Also my action failed hrmmmm

Oh?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess tomm could have jailed me before dying, that makes the most sense

SalTheBard posted:

I role blocked Her. I'm suspect on Bif for meta reasons

Lol WHAT I was all catching up on my important mysterious message and thinking I had to circle the wagons on you and you just admit it haha

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry anything that happened in game "yesterday" was sort of a blur to me. I made a rush decision and I always get weirded out when Bif lives longer than day 3.

Ugh I do believe you're town now that I'm caught up but chrissakes people role madness is the worst time ever to think of this cause there's always other poo poo on scum's plate

Amnistar posted:

My role includes a messenger aspect and I have sent messages to both Bif and Sal.

Oh, Sal too?

Amnistar posted:

The messages were anonymous, I am pretty sure I gave enough information with my posts for Bif to know it was me.

And I'm not a roleblocker.

Lol no I didn't notice haha

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't know what to tell y'all, other than you're giving DB a real good laugh before you *hopefully* murder rush him tomorrow.

N1 Investigate Sal (failed)
N2 Investigate Sal (town)
N3 Track Hal (didn't go anywhere)

do with it what you will, just make sure you lunch DB after and then probably need to put a torch to Amni

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

why would I as scum come out today and vouch for Sal suddenly?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

why would I as scum come out today and vouch for Sal suddenly?

you already know Sal's alignment and are trying to use that knowledge to your advantage, I assume

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
countering a cop claim with a cop claim is like scum 101

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##unvote (this was a Sal vote btw)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

just received a clarification mod PM that apparently on N3 my tracking of Hal 'failed' as opposed to 'he went nowhere,' but I've still lost my tracking charge because I think Yami accidentally gave me a track on Hal when I shouldn't have received one but idk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

you already know Sal's alignment and are trying to use that knowledge to your advantage, I assume

yes but I did so before any of your poo poo, so what, was I just picking a particularly quiet & scummy town member in order to ride to my rescue?

this is dumb

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

just received a clarification mod PM that apparently on N3 my tracking of Hal 'failed' as opposed to 'he went nowhere,' but I've still lost my tracking charge because I think Yami accidentally gave me a track on Hal when I shouldn't have received one but idk

this is obfuscation and muddling, another tried and true scum tactic but go off

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I respect you doing what you have to do, but you know you get turbolunched tomorrow after I flip town, right?

or are you gonna claim I was bus driven? or there's a framer? what're you gonna do then?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

except I didn't even change my result, I still know Hal went nowhere which indicates a used track, but apparently someone blocked or jailed me too. honestly it was probably you, DB

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm down with lunching Sandwolf, were y'all waiting for anyone else to check in?

... Hm after reviewing who all is still alive maybe I will retract my statement about ignoring all of Taste's binus crap

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I respect you doing what you have to do, but you know you get turbolunched tomorrow after I flip town, right?

or are you gonna claim I was bus driven? or there's a framer? what're you gonna do then?

if you flip town, then there's something weird with results. we flipped a scum bus driver already.. framer is possible.. I don't know the source material flavor enough to figure if there's a character that would fit that profile flavorwise but honestly, I trust my results and aren't fooled by you. I will say you've been consistent in your deception, which is admirable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

if you flip town, then there's something weird with results. we flipped a scum bus driver already.. framer is possible.. I don't know the source material flavor enough to figure if there's a character that would fit that profile flavorwise but honestly, I trust my results and aren't fooled by you. I will say you been consistent in your deception, which is admirable.

setting up already for a town flip loving smh half of you should be better than this

But if it’s any consolation DB you are the only one not drawing my ire right now, you’re just doing what scum gotta do

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

"What if I flip town"
If you flip town-
"Already setting up for me flipping town!"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

"What if I flip town"
If you flip town-
"Already setting up for me flipping town!"

I don’t know why you’ve been so particularly antagonistic to me this game but quite frankly I’m ready to leave this one, can we loving lunch me so I can go talk poo poo about whoever of you are town in deadchat?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Flavorwise, the scum have been members of The Undersiders, though the only ones left that I would consider notable enough to be made roles in this game are Skitter (control of bugs, main character), Tattletale (gains information, pretty important in the story) and Regent (stuns people/takes control of them).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Upon reflection, Sandwolf's abilities do make a lot of sense under the flavor argument if he's Eidolon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m armsmaster

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Just a quick line up of my actions:
N1 - Role blocked Sandwolf - They were the one I was most sus on D1
N2 - Role blocked Obama - I didn't actually know the day was over and I got a PM from Yami saying "Hey you have 2 minutes to make a decision" at 4:30am
N3 - Role blocked Bif - Meta reasons

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf always this salty?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Sandwolf always this salty?

How would you react if someone came in went: “uhhhh, I’m...cop, scum is...Sandwolf” and everyone was like “yup, this is how cops play, lets do it,” you’d be frustrated too

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##unvote currently confused as hell

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

How would you react if someone came in went: “uhhhh, I’m...cop, scum is...Sandwolf” and everyone was like “yup, this is how cops play, lets do it,” you’d be frustrated too

being scum and getting rightfully called out is also frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I did note DBs sudden defense of me D2 thinking back, I still think he’s played pretty scummy but I kind of buy it

Sandwolf hasn’t seemed especially scummy but he also hasn’t been Joe Town either so I can see it