Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

univbee posted:

Borat voice

this is like those raytracing comparisons, whats the difference?

e: or is it actually a raytracing comparison lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
If I'm playing on a 1080p TV, am I even going to notice the resolution changing as long as it doesn't go below 1080p?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thom12255 posted:

If I'm playing on a 1080p TV, am I even going to notice the resolution changing as long as it doesn't go below 1080p?

If you're playing on a 1080p TV, an S and X will likely look the same.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Twerk from Home posted:

Really don't think that's something anyone should say with any kind of certainty.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

this is like those raytracing comparisons, whats the difference?

e: or is it actually a raytracing comparison lol

it took me awhile but the shadows on the roofs are much more accurate on the left lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Thom12255 posted:

Downsampling is still the best looking form of antialiasing, stuff like power lines should look way better

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

this is what everyone seems to think, but I doubt it

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Games from decades ago, amazing

That was my joke :smith:

I don't know about you guys but the moment a game drops from native 4K to ~1728p I experience a spontaneous blur-induced vomit reflex. I have ordered an extra sick bucket for next gen

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

Note that 360 and OG Xbox games won't get the One X benefits on Series S so there are disadvantages there.

Also, while the difference is mostly subtle, games do look better rendered at a higher resolution and downsampled to 1080p than if they're rendered at 1080p natively.

Here's an example.

Native

Downsampled

This is a somewhat extreme example from a PC game, how pronounced the difference will be depends on how high the rendering resolution is (e.g. a 1080p downsampled image that's natively 4K will look better to a certain degree than a 1080p downsampled image that's natively 1440p).

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Twerk from Home posted:

We already know that’s not true. For example, Devil May Cry 5 doesn’t have ray tracing on the Series S.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/devil-may-cry-5-won-t-have-ray-tracing-on-xbox-series-s-1845497098/amp

Yazuka Like a Dragon also goes down to 900p in its 60fps mode.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 3, 2020

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Walmart shipping the bone already. People on reddit getting fedex labels for Friday delivery

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Pls Amazon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Id hope the Bone still ships by Friday

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got my ‘coming soon, we gonna charge you’ email from GameStop today, which at a week out seems normal and makes me think it will actually arrive.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Some lucky Canadian on the subreddit already got his.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

Some lucky Canadian on the subreddit already got his.

:argh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
XSX available in the UK on the Microsoft store ; https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/configure/8WJ714N3RBTL?source=lp

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Crafty posted:

XSX available in the UK on the Microsoft store ; https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/configure/8WJ714N3RBTL?source=lp

out of stock now!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

WirelessPillow posted:

I'll agree on the accents, I've come across maybe one person with a standard london accent, everybody else is doing the young "gangsta blud" thing, posh, or from india.

Wow, I'm guessing you've never actually been to London? God knows what you think a "standard" London accent is.

Take it from someone who was born in, spent most of his life living in, and right now typing this in London: the accents are fine and reasonably representative. Sorry to inform you that there are a lot of people with "gangsta blud" accents living here.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Wow, I'm guessing you've never actually been to London? God knows what you think a "standard" London accent is.

Take it from someone who was born in, spent most of his life living in, and right now typing this in London: the accents are fine and reasonably representative. Sorry to inform you that there are a lot of people with "gangsta blud" accents living here.

I guess that is recent since I left London in 2007 and I can't remember people saying Blud being that popular back then.

You've guessed wrong, I've lived in London and frequently visited courtesy of having family there. by Standard I meant a variety of English accents from the regional points of London, instead of just Rich/thuglife/from abroad. I guess I wanted more variety, though I ran into a scottish woman and now 50% of clan Kelley gang members are yelling in Scottish so who knows whats going on with the algorithm

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Six days till launch and I still have no idea if Amazon is going to ship the console I preordered within seconds of it becoming available... cool.

Has anyone got a ship date confirmation from them?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Someone said they did yesterday here but they didnt say what country they live in

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

zenintrude posted:

Six days till launch and I still have no idea if Amazon is going to ship the console I preordered within seconds of it becoming available... cool.

Has anyone got a ship date confirmation from them?

Mine says 'Arriving by Tuesday' on the order page but no email confirmation of shipping yet, probably won't be until Friday/Saturday at the earliest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My Xbox in Japan keeps saying arriving on launch but well see if it happens. It dang well better, though, I got some Yakuza to play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stiff competition for one of the 50 units allocated for your island

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Stiff competition for one of the 50 units allocated for your island

I think my entire competition posts in this thread

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Series X has shipped from Microsoft!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Canadian dude got one delivered by Amazon. https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/jo6a3n/taking_my_baby_home_tonight/

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Yup shipped from MS and shows up in my 'Manage Devices' list

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
My gamestop order is "ready to be shipped soon" with an arrival date of Nov 9th. Wonder if it will really come early. Assuming yes if people are already seeing theirs ship.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
And yet my sonic controller hasn't shipped yet.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

WirelessPillow posted:

I guess that is recent since I left London in 2007 and I can't remember people saying Blud being that popular back then.

You've guessed wrong, I've lived in London and frequently visited courtesy of having family there. by Standard I meant a variety of English accents from the regional points of London, instead of just Rich/thuglife/from abroad. I guess I wanted more variety, though I ran into a scottish woman and now 50% of clan Kelley gang members are yelling in Scottish so who knows whats going on with the algorithm

Congratulations on living in London and managing not to interact with any young black men, I guess? Jesus, London is one of the most multicultural cities on Earth it would be incredibly weird not to hear many accents “from abroad”.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Supreme Allah posted:

Yup shipped from MS and shows up in my 'Manage Devices' list

Indeed, and the stylized Xbox Series X looks like a weird Xbox 360 in light gray.

e: And with a two-button Sega Genesis controller.

Mr. Smile Face Hat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 5, 2020

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Series S just shipped from Microsoft. It’s happening.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My amazon order finally says shipping... Arriving Tuesday

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Someone on reddit who got a series S shipped early says only 364 GB of 512 GB is free for actual games. So that could be a problem. Glad I got the X.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad I don't play MCC ot CoD because I have 13 games installed and like 200 gigs used

Updated to ships tuesday. Come on Japan.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

BonoMan posted:

My amazon order finally says shipping... Arriving Tuesday

Same here. Didn't get an email but now says arriving Tues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Best Buy people:

I got emails recently saying I could book an appointment to pick up my console, so I set it nice and early just in case there’s a stock issue as I don’t leave work until late usually. All good.

Got a voicemail today (swear my phone didn’t ring, swines) from the local store asking me if I wanted to set up an appointment. So, same thing I’ve already done.

Anyone else get a similar thing of the local not realizing it’s in place already? I tried to call back to speak to the guy who left the message, but 45 minutes on hold to the same 4 Xmas songs and I burned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pretty sure I can but I need to double check.

I can just unplug my external SSD from my current Xbox and plug it into the new one and everything will work correctly right?

I’d rather not have to redownload 500gigs worth of poo poo.