Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Monochrome posted:

its cool with me but you'd have to ask salt fish

I don't actually believe I need to justify my morals to a dipshit arguing in bad faith. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

god drat joe biden sucks

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lesser of two evils is just a hostage situation as everything continues to get worse all the time. things are going to keep getting worse and worse for the forseeable future. what if the dems continue being slightly less outright evil as the entire country collapses, climate change wrecks the earth, half of america becomes a permanent underclass, etc? at what point do you demand more from your leaders if they keep doing this

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fart simpson posted:

everyone draws a line in the sand they won't cross. why is yours better than mine?

The problem with this is that non-participation has a moral weight to it. It's not fair to say that people who vote are guilty for all the actions of the candidate and that people who stay home aren't guilty of anything.

In reality, total political non-action is the least moral thing you can do. I'm not saying that you personally don't take political action outside of voting, but that this is the problem with the argument in the general case.

Inaction is action

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Democrat in this race told people not to vote for him, and they didn’t.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/LiamWBZ/status/1324007227582259200

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Everybody knows that you can't live in America without participating in capitalism. You read all over that there's no ethical consumption under capitalism. I believe as well that there is no moral vote under capitalism, but as well not voting is a type of participation with the same weight and the same moral problems. Now with all the moral problems being equal, and now I'm already here voting for the down ballot candidates, how can I justify not voting against trump? I don't think I can.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Salt Fish posted:

In reality, total political non-action is the least moral thing you can do.

There's a lot of things worse. Joe Biden has done a lot of them.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

So now you do everything joe tells you like an obedient dog?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

endlessmonotony posted:

There's a lot of things worse. Joe Biden has done a lot of them.

Obviously I meant in terms of voting...

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

titaniumone posted:

I can't believe how right the doom posters were

Even if biden wins, the margin is deeply unsettling. This many americans saw trump's performance and want four more years?

its time to acknowledge reality

kitten emergency posted:

either way the democrats will learn absolutely nothing from this

romney 24

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

im trying to find the videos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salt Fish posted:

The problem with this is that non-participation has a moral weight to it. It's not fair to say that people who vote are guilty for all the actions of the candidate and that people who stay home aren't guilty of anything.

In reality, total political non-action is the least moral thing you can do. I'm not saying that you personally don't take political action outside of voting, but that this is the problem with the argument in the general case.

Inaction is action

you can pledge fealty to the democratic party and promise to vote for whoever they drag up no matter what, if you want. go ahead

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Monochrome posted:

sorry i just had more evils to choose from :smugdog:

wow check your privilege!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

the spread in georgia is probably down to electoral manipulation, but in florida trump may have (somewhat) legitimately won

late votes trickling in in penn are breaking so heavily dem that biden will probably end up with penn eventually

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/election-results/pennsylvania-2020/

biden will win, but it was reckless of dems to nom such a weak candidate. something has to be done to get an actual progressive policy party, like ranked choice voting nationwide

e: they deleted the tweet, reposted so i reposted it, but then they deleted that one as well so nevermind. it was just about the margin of undelivered ballots in florida and georgia (their elections are heavily biased against dems in various ways obv)

Broken Machine fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 4, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://isthisacoup.com/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

democrats: we really better cater to that guy who literally always votes for us no matter what!

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

i don't know about all of you but i'm looking forward to a new era of bipartisan cooperation, where all parties agree we can have a president who can non-consensually fingerbang whoever he wants and get away with it :911:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

what's grim is the dems may not end up with the senate, and if that happens the gop is going to block a bunch of stuff out of spite. so we'll see debt ceiling fights, gov't shutdowns, they'll block stimulus while people die etc. it's going to be bad for a while

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with left America.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

bernie would've won 2020 edition

still holding out hope, you cannot bring me down until this is stolen or all the votes are counted, whichever comes first

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
personally i'm looking forward to months of recriminations and relitigating the election derails every time any topic is broached that's even tangentially related

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

posting trump tweets should be probe-able like posting anime imo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it'll be hard to take up fishmech's mantle, but i'm sure someone here is up for the challenge

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

infernal machines posted:

personally i'm looking forward to months of recriminations and relitigating the election derails every time any topic is broached that's even tangentially related

Just months?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

many months

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spankmeister posted:

This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with left America.

i dont really think so, because none of us in here or people like us have real power to effect change. im guessing almost all of us supported bernie in the primaries, and we're probably mostly in agreement on policy and all. we are arguing strategy because we lost back in march and we're all fed up at losing again and again, but every nojoe in the world could have gone over to vote for biden and it wouldnt have changed poo poo

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm mostly just hoping we get our poo poo together as a country without mass insurrection or riots

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the problem with the left is that it doesn't exist. you get the facist TRUMP party or the blue Republicans

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
pretty amazing how much help joe biden did not bring to the down-ballot races.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

pretty amazing how much help joe biden did not bring to the down-ballot races.

turns out having a message of "republicans are cool, just not this one" and inviting a bunch of them into the party leadership.... it works?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

most of the wild turkey 101 disappeared last nite how hosed are we?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a guy who died from covid was elected in north dakota lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Oneiros posted:

most of the wild turkey 101 disappeared last nite how hosed are we?

I’m out of booze and hung over

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The_Franz posted:

a guy who died from covid was elected in north dakota

thread subtitle please

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The_Franz posted:

:911:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The_Franz posted:

sounds 'bout right

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

and that man had legally changed his name to albert einstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I like how the big boy is telling his supporters to shoot up election officials and meanwhile this is the dem response:

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status/1324010826769014787