Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Can they even do that?

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1324147269835255809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1324150631016263680?s=21

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

They were a lot more wrong and all in the same direction. The methods are flawed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
what this is really teaching everyone is gore shouldn't have conceded

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

How does that bode for Biden? [in Arizona]

The answer is that we don't know. These Arizona ballots are late-arriving early votes. They trended more Republican, versus the early early vote, which was extremely Democratic.

Fox News and one other (I forget) appear to know something that everyone doesn't - possibly that these "late earlies" are not going to be as Republican as expected, *or* the Republicans are voting Democrat. It would make sense in McCain's old state, but we really don't know right now. Donnie needs to win them by 20.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Some good news out of my county:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1324119848964755456?s=20

loving ICE loving racist white sheriff lost. Good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

what this is really teaching everyone is gore shouldn't have conceded

100%

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

They were a lot more wrong and all in the same direction. The methods are flawed.

The polls were very bad input! The aggregators/analyzers were largely more cautious and better at explaining and interpretation this time.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Perhaps polling only works in countries without deep suspicion of...poo poo, everything?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Perhaps polling only works in countries without deep suspicion of...poo poo, everything?

I used to deliberately gently caress with them when I still picked up the phone for that poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Seems like the senate might actually be in play? Hearing it might be 48-48 now. If Ossoff wins his runoff in Jan, could make senate a +1 Dem majority.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

2018 was pretty accurate. 2016 and 2020 were not and in the same way. Pollsters didn't account for Trump's cult of personality even though they should have after 2016.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Seems like the senate might actually be in play? Hearing it might be 48-48 now. If Ossoff wins his runoff in Jan, could make senate a +1 Dem majority.

I thought Ossoff was down by 100k to Perdue right now. Loeffler-Warnock is the run off in January.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
If we can get through all the counting without a violent chud attack on ballot counters, I'll be slightly less pessimistic about the future of this country. Slightly.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CommieGIR posted:

Jesus, knocking McConnell off his loving perch on poo poo tower would just be exquisite.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stultus Maximus posted:

2018 was pretty accurate. 2016 and 2020 were not and in the same way. Pollsters didn't account for Trump's cult of personality even though they should have after 2016.

I've said it before, back on election night in 2016, a pollster was on a show talking about how difficult polling had been, because so many people would just say "Trump!" and hang up, and they weren't included in the polls because they didn't answer all the questions.

It'll be interesting if the GOP tries to break away from Trump in 2024. Hell, I'm sure there will be people writing in his name in 4 years even if he croaks in the meantime.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I thought Ossoff was down by 100k to Perdue right now. Loeffler-Warnock is the run off in January.

Ah, yes your correct. Its Warnock. Either way.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Perdue is only over 50% by .2% So if Ossoff can rack up a few more votes it will be another run off, unless I've misheard elsewhere.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

not caring here posted:

Jesus, knocking McConnell off his loving perch on poo poo tower would just be exquisite.

Congratulations on your new party affiliation, Senator Manchin.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

As Nero Danced posted:

I've said it before, back on election night in 2016, a pollster was on a show talking about how difficult polling had been, because so many people would just say "Trump!" and hang up, and they weren't included in the polls because they didn't answer all the questions.

It'll be interesting if the GOP tries to break away from Trump in 2024. Hell, I'm sure there will be people writing in his name in 4 years even if he croaks in the meantime.

He'll run third-party to run interference on the GOP candidate out of spite if they don't pick him up.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Junior will def try to run on the family name with his ghoulish sexpest girlfriend

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

CBJSprague24 posted:

He'll run third-party to run interference on the GOP candidate out of spite if they don't pick him up.

This would be the best comedy option.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

Congratulations on your new party affiliation, Senator Manchin.

If Manchin didn't switch in 2016 he won't now - there's just no benefit to doing so, especially when he'd otherwise be in the position to get whatever he wants for vote #50 in a split Senate under a Biden presidency.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't be the only one hoping the roni circles back around to take Jr and Ivanka, leaving donnie with a legacy to be built by eric and tiffany.

Also charges that stick after donnie is out on his rear end.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If Manchin didn't switch in 2016 he won't now - there's just no benefit to doing so, especially when he'd otherwise be in the position to get whatever he wants for vote #50 in a split Senate under a Biden presidency.

You have to admit it would be loving hilarious though.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Thought the GOP was heavily favored to win a runoff of either match in GA. This is Ossoffs 2nd try right? Maybe 3rd times a charm?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Trump has a sub 40k lead in Georgia now, under 200k in PA.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Fun Shoe
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/11/the-elections-troubling-message-even-if-trump-loses-americas-political-civil-war-isnt-over/

The Election’s Troubling Message: Even if Trump Loses, America’s Political Civil War Isn’t Over

The soul of the nation remains in peril.

quote:

And this is where the tale gets worrisome. Trump’s lethal incompetence caused tens of thousands of deaths, and millions of Americans did not care about that. They still rallied to their man. They attended or watched campaign events where Trump placed his own supporters (and others) at risk. Following the lead of their dear leader, they disregarded the science, dismissing the concerns and statements of public health experts. They denied reality; they defied rationality. They placed their trust in Trump above all else. As numerous commentators have noted, they acted like members of a cult. 
When all the votes are counted—when recounts and legal challenges are finished—this election will not resolve the bitter conflict that has consumed the United States. The soul of the nation will not be won or healed. Trump may have to leave the White House. But the tens of millions of voters who fervently endorsed his blend of incompetence, rage, authoritarianism, and racism are not going anywhere. As hard as it was to get rid of Trump (if that is what finally transpires), it will be much harder to get rid of Trumpism. This other killer virus threatening the United States will not be easily defeated.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Trump has a sub 40k lead in Georgia now, under 200k in PA.

So long as all the votes in PA get counted, it’s done and Biden has won.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/11/the-elections-troubling-message-even-if-trump-loses-americas-political-civil-war-isnt-over/

The Election’s Troubling Message: Even if Trump Loses, America’s Political Civil War Isn’t Over

The soul of the nation remains in peril.

The Soul of the Nation is dead, and this election is proof.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

lightpole posted:

Thought the GOP was heavily favored to win a runoff of either match in GA. This is Ossoffs 2nd try right? Maybe 3rd times a charm?

No one was heavily favored in the special election, it was pretty much a pipe dream that anyone would get 50% of the vote. Looking at the raw totals of just party vs party, if everyone goes party line, Warnock might win the run off if turn out stays the same or gets better for dems. I don't think it will if Biden wins, people might not turn out for the vote, or republicans will get mad their god-king is no longer president.

As for Ossof vs Perdue. Perdue was favored to just win outright, but there's a chance it might go to a runoff, if it does I hope its because the Libertarians take another .1-.2% of the vote although I'm not hopeful

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thwomp posted:

So long as all the votes in PA get counted, it’s done and Biden has won.

Or Georgia. MI+GA was one winning combination earlier this afternoon and he's got MI.

e- I'm wrong. MI+GA+any remaining state. Pennsylvania straight up, however, will call it a day.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 5, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

The Soul of the Nation is dead, and this election is proof.

Then let's get busy :spooky::science::ghost: raising the loving dead :ghost::science::spooky:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/macfathom/status/1324163888066285570?s=21

Things getting spicy. I’m still waiting for Barr to start his next move.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

New Maricopa County numbers per CNN:

Biden: 887,457 (52%)
:smugdon: 802,160 (47%)

Arizona overall 50.7%/47.9%, Biden up ~79,173.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 5, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The real winner is Mitch McConnell. He got rid of his biggest pain in the rear end

The only thing stopping Trump from running in 2024 is actuarial tables.

This is why Trump almost won.

Joe Biden is weak. People don’t want a weak leader.

The Justice Department is one of the few real powers Biden will have with a divided Congress, and he will refuse to use it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then let's get busy :spooky::science::ghost: raising the loving dead :ghost::science::spooky:

Only if Sherman and Grant are the first raised.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Don't forget John Brown

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

The original dream team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Don't forget John Brown

But of course!