Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Roosevelt posted:

poast a good one

the one where he unilaterally claims the electoral votes of places where the votes have not been counted is like feel good tweet of the year.

you can really see him starting to realize its going to slip through his fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

kitten emergency posted:

i mean theres quite a few people now, justice dems added like another 8 reps. the squad gettin bigger
yeah it’s working, just slow. and the dem leadership is already blaming them for the lack of a blue wave even though huge turnout in justice dem districts is one of the reasons biden hasn’t lost yet [and they spent 88 mil in kentucky to lose by 20 points]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i don't understand this level of freakout

like in 2008 sure i can understand because the dems swept

but they still have the courts and the senate. literally nothing is going to change

Turns out they're real fuckin dumb op

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qirex posted:

I’ve always been annoyed at fixations on celebrity in politics but it’s obvious some people need the single hero to root for. like yeah bernie is great but I thought it’s weird he doesn’t have a bench of people behind him and he’s just kind of a lone crank in the senate but then I realized that’s part of his appeal

So what you're saynig is bernie is just like trump but for the left.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

qirex posted:

yeah it’s working, just slow. and the dem leadership is already blaming them for the lack of a blue wave even though huge turnout in justice dem districts is one of the reasons biden hasn’t lost yet [and they spent 88 mil in kentucky to lose by 20 points]

i dont really think we have the luxury of slow but i'm also thinking of just ignoring federal politics forever now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

MAGAmen say "oh the left has no real critique of trump, its just orange man bad". Just plug that into the universal law of conservative projection and you'll realize that the entire reason they like trump is actually 'orange man good' and there is no policy piece to it.

this is p deece

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
look at this poo poo

just calling dibs on votes like that’s a thing

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the GOP playbook has been nothing but insincere projection since 2008.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i claim the presidency! no backsies!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this is some michael scott declaring bankruptcy poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

MAGAmen say "oh the left has no real critique of trump, its just orange man bad". Just plug that into the universal law of conservative projection and you'll realize that the entire reason they like trump is actually 'orange man good' and there is no policy piece to it.

It's politics boiled down to sports, yeah.

They've been told for decades that government can't help them at all, and they've taken that as a given. Politics are a zero sum competitive sport to them.

They only are about their team winning. Policies are immaterial. They can't even comprehend policies.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i genuinely believe trump has some sort of reality distortion field ala steve jobs

i believe there are distinct social parallels between jobs/musk and barry/45

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

look at this poo poo

just calling dibs on votes like that’s a thing

This doesn't read like a trump tweet, let the fat cheeto tweet you cowards

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kitten emergency posted:

i mean theres quite a few people now, justice dems added like another 8 reps. the squad gettin bigger

yeah :) and a bunch of folks in pa and ny state houses

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
and gascon won da la which is pretty big

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

georgia and pa racing to see who can push biden over the line first

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

graph posted:

and gascon won da la which is pretty big

yeah.

summarizing and agreeing with some stuff i've seen around - it seems like there's a lot you can do at local/state and even congress (house) level to actually change things, albeit slowly. that said, the presidency is basically down to coke vs. pepsi, its completely disconnected from anything else. i don't think there's much you can do about senate either because it's basically going to just be a proxy for state prez results (or whatever)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

qirex posted:

dem leadership would prefer having republicans in power than leftists. they will always be attempting to excise leftists even when they're what the actual voters want.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

anyway irrespective of anything else it is extremely funny to me that donald trump looks like he's gonna lose georgia and PA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

where are you following the counts?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

yeah.

summarizing and agreeing with some stuff i've seen around - it seems like there's a lot you can do at local/state and even congress (house) level to actually change things, albeit slowly. that said, the presidency is basically down to coke vs. pepsi, its completely disconnected from anything else. i don't think there's much you can do about senate either because it's basically going to just be a proxy for state prez results (or whatever)

adding DC, PR, USVI, and preferably American Samoa as states would do a lot

although based on what I know about Samoan politics, it’s extremely right wing Christian to the point that iirc homosexuality is illegal

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

infernal machines posted:

where are you following the counts?

i've been following this twitter list to get numbers from the tap: https://twitter.com/i/lists/706696973345107968

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

thanks. i've just been checking one of the national sites that has the AP feed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

i believe there are distinct social parallels between jobs/musk and barry/45

obama at least made sense because the guy had class and was an s-tier orator

he's like the polar opposite which now i'm realizing musk is like the anti-jobs and maybe that was your point

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol

Apr 7, 2003

It’s what America deserves

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ugh. getting fatigued over here!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yet i cannot stop watching.....

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

we can at least lol at trump doing everything he could to delegitimize mail voting probably cost him the election

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

skipping 10 pages, coming in drunk watching borat 2 while I see biden sitting at 264 electorals

lmao at it all hinging on nevada with only an 8k vote difference

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

skipping 10 pages, coming in drunk watching borat 2 while I see biden sitting at 264 electorals

lmao at it all hinging on nevada with only an 8k vote difference

we’re all in hell and this is what it’ll be stuck at forever

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

adding DC, PR, USVI, and preferably American Samoa as states would do a lot

although based on what I know about Samoan politics, it’s extremely right wing Christian to the point that iirc homosexuality is illegal

I think with the way the US is going it would be much better off declaring independence and becoming a nation.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

President Beep posted:

we’re all in hell and this is what it’ll be stuck at forever
sounds good to me bro I can stay drunk forever

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

even with pennsylvania going to biden, it's pretty scary that it was down to thin margins in just a handful of states

maybe dems will rally behind a better candidate next time (lol no)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PIZZA.BAT posted:

he's like the polar opposite which now i'm realizing musk is like the anti-jobs and maybe that was your point

yes but also the reactionary behavior when the disapproving side got their person to latch onto after years of watching people gloat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh poo poo borat 2 is out? I gotta get me on Apple TV+!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

ugh. getting fatigued over here!

no ones announcing poo poo tonight turn the channel

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the parasocial bond that chuds have for trump is what they accused Obama supporters of being like. it’s all projection.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

graph posted:

no ones announcing poo poo tonight turn the channel

yeah, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

even with pennsylvania going to biden, it's pretty scary that it was down to thin margins in just a handful of states

maybe dems will rally behind a better candidate next time (lol no)
you got 2.5 years of being in the local ground game and start organizing. Don't waste em