Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Levitate posted:

How do you like that frame? How's the weight/performance on it?

I'm vaguely considering building up a lightweight aluminum road bike for like hill climb poo poo or something, dunno what I'd do for a frame though

I really like it but you can easily go at least 100g lighter on the frame.

TBH; I was prioritizing colorway and availability a good bit over weight. And I don't regret that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Rode up a 10k ft peak today, got my photo taken by some security cameras, then jumped my way back down 4000 feet

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

clouds are supposed to be up :colbert:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Went for a ride, stopped to get tomorrow's dinner.

Tonight's dinner is duck. We got that on Sunday but I didn't use a bike.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’d prefer to keep stuff like that out of the bike threads thanks

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

Went for a ride, stopped to get tomorrow's dinner.

Tonight's dinner is duck. We got that on Sunday but I didn't use a bike.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say but I've got some inside information that ammo is gonna be in short supply soon so

Unburned Account
May 22, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Did you spend more time riding your bike or staging that shot or applying those Instagram filters

Edit: I’m mostly triggered by that lever positioning

Edit2: Mods change my name to burned account

Unburned Account fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 4, 2020

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Teaser.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

heck yeah

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

That colorway makes me want ice cream

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh my god.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

Oh my god.

Where did you get that?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bday gift.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
They got popular on reddit a bit back. You can find them on Amazon with all sorts of different helmets.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Really good visibility today

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

That saddlebag...

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

n8r posted:

That saddlebag...

I have a bag like that I don’t use anymore for that exact reason. I loving hate how you can’t get it to choke up on the seatpost.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I've got the same bag and I have a cable-tie around the seatpost to stop it slipping down like that.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I've got a smaller one of it on the way, it's the only bag I've got at the moment, don't remember if it's the L or XL one since I got it like 5 years ago. I'll probably make a nice compact tool roll once I get a sewing machine again though since I've got some other poo poo I need to make too.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Basement bikes! I got a new storage rack for my bikes, but the ceiling is kinda low. I think I need to dig out the basement or get a new house. Wife's bike and my three bikes are visible. Not visible is my other bike.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 9, 2020

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
What brand and model of rack is that on the right?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

That's the new one and it's Kogu Masamune Stand IBUKI 1, which is on sale at the soma website

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Mauser posted:

That's the new one and it's Kogu Masamune Stand IBUKI 1, which is on sale at the soma website

These look great.
Does anyone here use a vertical stand?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
FWIW, if you buy delta stands buy the expensive versions (often called "rugged"), they are far better. They're also like twice the price, but $50-80 to keep your bikes from falling down is worth it.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

n8r posted:

That saddlebag...

mine sucks too, hits my thighs. recommendations for a smaller one?

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

nm posted:

FWIW, if you buy delta stands buy the expensive versions (often called "rugged"), they are far better. They're also like twice the price, but $50-80 to keep your bikes from falling down is worth it.

I’ve got one of these and it’s pretty nice. I think mine was $100. I’ve never had any issues with it falling or anything, but if you’re concerned you can bolt it to the wall to make sure it doesn’t tip.

Edit: realized y'all aren't talking about gravity stands. I stand by that they're good though.

yoohoo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 10, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

mine sucks too, hits my thighs. recommendations for a smaller one?

Silca Mattone

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I've gone full hipster and just use a burrito size bar bag. Enough room for tube, pump, tool and a light jacket. Which is pretty nice for this time of year.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

yooo no way this thing has a boa closure? fuckin sold

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

dema posted:

I've gone full hipster and just use a burrito size bar bag. Enough room for tube, pump, tool and a light jacket. Which is pretty nice for this time of year.

Which one did you go with?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Anza Borrego posted:

These look great.
Does anyone here use a vertical stand?

Sorry for the pic my wife isn’t exactly a photographer.

Not shown the bikes we are buying this spring.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
How do you like it? Vertical might work better in my garage but IDK, not sure it’s ultimately that much more efficient

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Anza Borrego posted:

How do you like it? Vertical might work better in my garage but IDK, not sure it’s ultimately that much more efficient

We love it. Bikes are safe, easy to load and unload, and we didn’t have to waste money on furniture for that space. My wife, who is petite, uses her knee to get the bikes in place. It was also cheap and available on Amazon or at Home Depot / Lowe’s.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I've got that setup in my garage, and I also really like it.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Anza Borrego posted:

Which one did you go with?

https://roadrunnerbags.us/products/burrito-handlebar-bag

Have had it for a bit over a year. No issues.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://sturdybagdesigns.com/store

great gear and solid guy behind it

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
https://getstashers.com/collections/frontpage/products/stashers-3-0-modular-insulated-adventure-bag

Some folks around here have these in various sizes and speak well of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Builtbyswift.com - I have a burrito bag from them and it's solid. They're a little independent shop in Seattle