Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Grats on his BIS bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

My rolls on the past 2 banner periods have been insane.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

berenzen posted:

Grats on his BIS bow.

what is "bis"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hope you don't find his playstyle tedious, lol

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Framboise posted:

what is "bis"

Best In Slot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

1.2 could be dropping two more archers on us so there's still use for something like that anyway...

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So I've got 4 Widsiths from my pulls and I'm wondering if it's worth running on my Klee. I'm only AR 24 so she's just using a max refined emerald orb i tossed onto her, but widsith seems like it can offer a huge damage bump. I run barbera with tales as well.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

Five level 80s :|

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dogsicle posted:

1.2 could be dropping two more archers on us so there's still use for something like that anyway...

someone said the earth guy was a catalyst user but im not sure where that info is from

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so glad i got diona. chong is good but he isn't as much of a support character as i need him to be on a team that includes both keqing and klee.

she's getting his +20 cryo goblet though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Radical posted:

someone said the earth guy was a catalyst user but im not sure where that info is from

that'd be better for my weapon selections but iirc both Albedo and Ganyu were part of the big model leak and i'm assuming their weapon designations were listed in that stuff? since both have been treated as bow users since

e: at the very least Albedo was in that leak and it had other characters with "confirmed" element/weapon associations like the anemo gs user and another electro sword user

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tsyni posted:

Five level 80s :|

I did all my AR grinding on leylines early on, that gave me a ton of exp tix.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

The last thread linked a reddit post with some leaked images, including Albedo and Ganyu's splash art:

It sure makes him look like a magic user, but no guarantees -- after all, Diona's splash art doesn't show any weapon and she's a bow character.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

berenzen posted:

While Razor is technically electro, his real element is big sword. When you're going up against electro slimes, you can just hit them with Cryo and they'll take about 30% more damage from Razor. You don't need to use pyro to clear the 3rd floor at all.

The bounties are designed to be difficult though, having immunities and tricks to dealing with them. The 5* ones particuarly, because they're always ruin guards or ruin hunters, which take 50-70% less physical damage. Which is reduced to 10-30% with superconductor.

Even if they're immune to an element, it can still stick to them for purposes of elemental reactions. Maybe more importantly, if you bullseye a ruin guard or hunter to shut them down, that still works even if they're immune to the element, though without the increased damage numbers it's harder to tell when you hit the bullseye.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My fun bounty story is a ruin hunter with "increased ruthlessness" or something (which I guess means a damage bonus), which oneshot my 8k hp Fishl twice in a row while it was flying up in the air. Then with Fischl dead I couldn't shoot its weakpoint to bring it down into melee range so I was screwed. Had to die and come back to reset the fight.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

My fun bounty story is a ruin hunter with "increased ruthlessness" or something (which I guess means a damage bonus), which oneshot my 8k hp Fishl twice in a row while it was flying up in the air. Then with Fischl dead I couldn't shoot its weakpoint to bring it down into melee range so I was screwed. Had to die and come back to reset the fight.

Edit: just realized you said ruin Hunter haha :/

If you have someone that does elemental damage like Klee or a DPS magic user you can just go all out without hitting the weak point. They are only strong against physical.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 13, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i think i had a 30k hit on a bounty that took increased dmg from plunges.

this did like maybe a fifth of its hp. them drat things are strong.

also im saving all my points for ganyu i guess.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lit ground on fire, talked to child about visions, walked away at half health instead of dead yay patch!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I follow the fart wind with elemental sight, and it takes me all over the map and they never spawn anywhere. I can find a loving hunter guardian in the canyon, thank you very much, you fucks.

Batman Arkham Asylum did it first and the Witcher perfected it. Why do we have this poo poo in the game? It doesn't make me feel smart or clever and just wastes everyone's time. "Middle mouse button"? smd.

Even reassigned to a different key, I get 4 feet of fart wind info per press. Elemental sight adds nothing and sucks to use.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You got the clues first right? The bounty doesn't spawn until you've picked up all the clues, which are random assholes, or plants, or whatever that get marked by elemental sight

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Radical posted:

He’s should be a caster given how he has a magic circle in front of his house and an alchemical laboratory.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He’s should be a caster given how he has a magic circle in front of his house and an alchemical laboratory.

Hopefully he'll be the first fist user. "I cast fist"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

UltraRed posted:

Why do we have this poo poo in the game? It doesn't make me feel smart or clever and just wastes everyone's time.

It's a shame thread titles can't be huge.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Same here. If a DPS magic user is needed...then do I need to dust off Lisa and put her in the party because the only way for me to reach the flying ruin hunter is Amber or Barbara as my only other archer/magic user.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone seen a suggested artifact list for each character? I know there has to be one.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like the elemental sight searching. :colbert:

It'd be better if there were no briefings beforehand and the clues are how you find out its strengths/weaknesses. I'm sure that isn't how it works because people complained.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ningguang's ore finder talent is pretty dang great, getting so many outcrops I had no idea about. Did they add more when they added the new poo poo?

lol i used up my xp limit for the first time today.

kater fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 13, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Razor is really not much of an electro DPS, i fought the same or at least a similar (electro immune) bounty with my typical Razor superconductor team (includes Kaeya). when you run into electro-resistant or immune enemies you just get superconductor applied and whale away with Razor's basic attacks and mainly use his skill for its energy generation ability and his ult for its atkspd increase.

I wasn't really using him as an electro DPS (I think?) I just had him as my source of electro and regular damage because the Debate Club's like level 46 now and it staggers people because that's how greatswords are. I'd alternate between using Kaeya or Barbara first and then hitting them with Razor's burst for elemental damage.

S.J. posted:

Do you have Chong? Lay his aura down for cryo dmg

Nooooo, no I do not. I have Lisa, Fischl, Razor, Barbara, Amber, Kaeya, Ningguang and Noelle. Every banner I roll, I just hope for more characters, because Amber and Kaeya are still my only fire and ice characters. Barbara's decent for soaking people and running out of danger at least.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
My first bounty I was running around looking for a big hilichurl and ignoring the random whopperflower for eight minutes before I thought of trying elemental sight. I got that one done with two seconds to spare

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah I failed my first bounty because I probably scrolled past the instructions and didn't realize I was supposed to be using elemental sight. There's a 5 gem achievement for failing a bounty tho

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hey I noticed that bombing out of the Abyss has it give you a recommended xp levels for your stuff.

lol.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I didn't know this was a feature!
The npc I need to talk to for this quest is currently hanging out in some ancient ruins for another sidequest, and the game gave me a warning about it.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I logged in and I've got some new mobile game looking thing going on. Press some buttons every day to get gems

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

bandaid.friend posted:

I logged in and I've got some new mobile game looking thing going on. Press some buttons every day to get gems

The event establishes the MC as a penniless wretch driven to do menial tasks by a gluttonous Paimon, and somehow assisted by one of the husbandos while doing so, so it’s good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have one more Geoculus to finish the Liyue statues. So far both of the times I've used the geoculi tracking tool it's taken me to a place where there were a handful of chests I was missing. I'm kind of surprised at the number of chests I've apparently missed according to the "exploration percent" (which I assume takes into account chests); I'm at like 75-80% for most Liyue zones.

After playing some more with Childe, I've confirmed that he is definitely the best AoE damage I've invested in; he just completely slaughters groups of enemies in a very satisfying way. It seems like it's best to have a second DPS character against single targets, though.

One kind of nice thing is that like half of the beefy individual enemies in the game are the robot things, which bow/arrow are good against due to being able to stun them. So he avoids needing another bow and arrow user for that sort of thing.

edit: I'm becoming increasingly convinced that in the long-run people will end up with a bunch of max level characters, with talents being the thing that take forever to max (similar to skill levels in FGO). At higher levels it just becomes easier to get the mats necessary to max ascend, and even the last couple ascensions don't require more than a few days of gathering materials.

nightwisher posted:

So I've got 4 Widsiths from my pulls and I'm wondering if it's worth running on my Klee. I'm only AR 24 so she's just using a max refined emerald orb i tossed onto her, but widsith seems like it can offer a huge damage bump. I run barbera with tales as well.

I imagine it partly depends upon what your alternative options are. I'm using Eye of Perception on Ningguang because, like you, I have 4 of them. The scales might tip in favor of Solar Pearl as I refine it from the BP, though (I'd prefer Solar Pearl all other things equal, but Eye of Perception currently does a ton of damage; in general the weapons that have a "activates every __ seconds" where the time decreases with refinement seem to benefit a lot from said refinement).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 13, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
This is an incredibly minor thing, but would it be possible to take COVID out of the title? One of the many great things about this game is the way it gets me out of the news cycle.

I figured if it bothers me there might be others.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Oceanbound posted:

The event establishes the MC as a penniless wretch driven to do menial tasks by a gluttonous Paimon, and somehow assisted by one of the husbandos while doing so, so it’s good

Yeah I'm fine with it, and the different art is nice, but it feels a tad out of place, all the menus are different and there's no sound effects or animations

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone seen a suggested artifact list for each character? I know there has to be one.

There are some "tl dr" guides on reddit for each character that include a couple suggested artifact sets.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

bandaid.friend posted:

Hmm, I'm on PC (Europe region) and I've got no such event. Odd

MarcusSA posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit?ts=5f983afa#gid=100510092 This is pretty boss

VV Good to know. Thanks!

matryx fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

genshin.gg has recommended weapons + artifact sets and from what I've seen it's updated based on newly found stuff.

Regarding the elemental sight: It can be kinda wonky if the terrain is strongly uneven - if the target is below your level in front of you, the line can point directly into ground and be practically invisible. I experienced this on Wuwang hill, where I stood in the cursed bog and the vision was pointing to the destroyed/haunted village to south.

Also I just bought the $20 BP upgrade - didn't pay extra $10 because I wouldn't make it, since I play daily it's super easy. I got it because the nameplate totally owns (especially compared to the first one which was pretty meh).

Same, I believe it's just timing issue?