Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
For leveling up weapons is there a reason I shouldn’t use up all my excess low star weapons before using the ore? For artifacts is there an equivalent to weapon ore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone put any hard thoughts into full instructor vs full viridescent venerer for Sucrose? Right now I am on a full VV set purely to lower fire resistance for Klee, but Sucrose's talents are geared towards EM so wondering about going all-in on it. I haven't crunched numbers yet so just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't mulch any 3 star weapons. Almost every 3 star weapon sucks but there's just no reason to. I mostly just use mystic enhancement ore but sometimes mulch all my 1 and 2 star weapons.

There's no weapon ore equivalent for artifacts as the game wants you to run artifact domains a lot eventually.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

You get so many 3* weapons eventually that you can refine one of each to rank 5 and still have tons left over to throw into weapons you actually plan to use

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Am I missing a link somewhere or can I seriously only access this "web event" through the in-game web browser?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

For leveling up weapons is there a reason I shouldn’t use up all my excess low star weapons before using the ore? For artifacts is there an equivalent to weapon ore?

1 and 2 star weapons are fine to chew up, but there's quite a few 3* weapons that are better than 4* weapons for certain roles. Off the top of my head Thrilling Tales, Debate Club, Fillet blade, and skyrider sword will outscale a lot of 4* weapons until AR35 when the base stats of the weapons make enough of a difference to outperform the passives of those weapons.

Tsyni posted:

Has anyone put any hard thoughts into full instructor vs full viridescent venerer for Sucrose? Right now I am on a full VV set purely to lower fire resistance for Klee, but Sucrose's talents are geared towards EM so wondering about going all-in on it. I haven't crunched numbers yet so just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Venerer will provide a pretty significant damage boost with 20%-40% RES down, moreso than EM will provide on anything but your reaction support. Additionally EM has pretty significant diminishing returns, so going all in on EM is a mistake. Venerer will provide a larger damage increase unless you're running Freeze/Shatter (Shatter does physical damage) or Superconductor. Additionally instructor only goes up to 4*, while Venerer goes up to 5*, so you will just get straight up more stats on a venerer set than instructor. Maxed 5* artifacts will provide 144 more EM than maxed 4* artifacts, invalidating the 2pc effect by 64 EM, and the 40% RES down will provide a larger damage bonus than the 4pc instructor set will.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 13, 2020

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

fabiopenz posted:

Anyone else having pyro slimes despawn in the talent dungeon?
I had to run twice as many domains today because that kept locking me out.

I had this happen to me once a few weeks ago.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oceanid despawned on me the other day.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oceanid despawned on me the other day.

Wow that's gotta be infuriating, especially since that boss is the goddamn worst.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tsyni posted:

Why not get the best of both worlds and run instructor on someone else? Right now I run VV on Sucrose and instructor on Xingqiu. If I ever get Diona, I'll probably have her with instructor and Xing with Noblesse. The cool thing is that Sucrose's talent works with a previously proc'd instructor bonus for an additional 24 EM.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

berenzen posted:

1 and 2 star weapons are fine to chew up, but there's quite a few 3* weapons that are better than 4* weapons for certain roles. Off the top of my head Thrilling Tales, Debate Club, Fillet blade, and skyrider sword will outscale a lot of 4* weapons until AR35 when the base stats of the weapons make enough of a difference to outperform the passives of those weapons.
Skyrider Sword and Thrilling Tales are the only ones where putting materials into them isn't always a waste of resin within the first month of playing (Thrilling Tales is BIS for Barbara, Skyrider Sword can find a holder unless you've pulled multiple Favonious/Sacrifical Swords). Debate Club and Fillet Blade are trap weapons you shouldn't be putting anything into unless you have no other choice, the game is easy pre-AR35 and you shouldn't ever run a domain to upgrade them.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 13, 2020

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Some Numbers posted:

Wow that's gotta be infuriating, especially since that boss is the goddamn worst.

Am I not the only one who hates that thing? I was having trouble with it right after getting world level 5 and I looked around for advice and I mostly saw people saying that anyone who has issues with any content in the game is a casual noob who needs to "git gud".

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yesterday I got some achievement for killing all the Oceanid mob types. I'm amazed that I somehow never got that until I had already fought Oceanid like 20+ times, and I'm not sure which mob was the one I needed.

I also got an achievement for dodging all the water explosions, and I have no idea how I managed that.

funkymonks posted:

I wish they gave us the ability to crunch weapons and artifacts into xp crystals to help with the inventory management. As someone who has not yet gotten to AR45 and hasn't done a lot of artifact farming so I don't have much to dump xp into, I am constantly full of artifacts.

I believe that feeding weapons to a level capped weapon transforms them into crystals, though I don't know if the exchange rate is 1:1 with what you'd normally get (which isn't exactly much to begin with).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 13, 2020

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Am I not the only one who hates that thing? I was having trouble with it right after getting world level 5 and I looked around for advice and I mostly saw people saying that anyone who has issues with any content in the game is a casual noob who needs to "git gud".

Oceanid is my least favorite of the elites, but there's definitely domains I like even less

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Why not get the best of both worlds and run instructor on someone else? Right now I run VV on Sucrose and instructor on Xingqiu. If I ever get Diona, I'll probably have her with instructor and Xing with Noblesse. The cool thing is that Sucrose's talent works with a previously proc'd instructor bonus for an additional 24 EM.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was actually just mulling that over because I noticed my Fischl, who I haven't used much lately, has full instructor.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

oceanids minions seemingly being immune to venti ult just makes it all the more annoying for me, and i keep forgetting to change my team before doing it. i started bringing barbara with me to do it just to ult once and get the heal if i get the ducks or something.

definitely isn't as bad as the highest level thunder domain, which is the only one i find really awful to run (i dont think i have any characters built up that are really able to purge the electro debuff either so its mostly just a slogfest of punching witches)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Yesterday I got some achievement for killing all the Oceanid mob types. I'm amazed that I somehow never got that until I had already fought Oceanid like 20+ times, and I'm not sure which mob was the one I needed.

I also got an achievement for dodging all the water explosions, and I have no idea how I managed that.

I believe these were added in 1.1 as part of a new achievement category. Some other bosses similarly have new achievements, like stunning a regisvine by smashing its face crystal.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I had trouble with Oceanid at first but then the entire game's difficulty curve (barring the abyss) almost completely disappeared once I learned how to play Keqing properly and outfitted her better. I imagine if I didn't have her I would still be having difficulty with it since her ult rips through summons like the hawks which can stun lock you if you're not careful

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dropbear posted:

Thanks, this helps a lot - didn't consider using instructor! Characters are just 40 atm, adventure level 25. I suppose I could switch Amber for something (electric? I have Fisch), but the +25% ATK from resonance sounds like a lot. Does it not add up to that much in practice?

Which characters do you have overall?

From what you posted about earlier, it sounds close to what i use.

Put a Crescent Pike on Xiangling and use her and Chongyun as your two primary DPS.

Your abyss teams will then be Chong/Barbara/Kaeya/* and Xiangling/Qiqi/Amber/Fischl.

The main DPS do the heavy lifting, with Barbara on Chongyun's team for freezes, and Kaeya and Amber in the slots for resonance. In certain circumstances you might need to mix it up for counters.

I got to floor 9 with that setup before deciding to level up my Venti to make getting stars easier.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

gandlethorpe posted:

Ah, then you don't have it yet. At AR30, it'll start dropping that set.

+25% ATK is considerable, but it doesn't translate to 25% more damage unless you have no other +ATK% (from your weapon or artifacts). This is because ATK% is based on only your base ATK stat, which comes from your character and weapon. Flat ATK from your artifacts don't factor in. Pyro resonance is good, but it might not be worth spending a slot on Amber and limiting your access to two elements.

On the other hand, your only free options for other elements are Barbara and Lisa, who may not add much either. Barbara can give you freeze, but the heal will be overkill with Qiqi. Lisa gives you overload, which is good, but superconduct doesn't synergize well with Chongyun. Their main benefit would be allowing you to counter certain elemental mobs.

One more thing; if I plop up Xiangling's fire bear or start her flame nova-thing and switch to Chongyun, do the reactions coming from Xiang's ongoing effects still trigger her instructor even if the active character isn't her? Or should I keep her up until it procs (doesn't look like the buff shows up anywhere)?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dropbear posted:

One more thing; if I plop up Xiangling's fire bear or start her flame nova-thing and switch to Chongyun, do the reactions coming from Xiang's ongoing effects still trigger her instructor even if the active character isn't her? Or should I keep her up until it procs (doesn't look like the buff shows up anywhere)?

She needs to be active at the time of the reaction. If you ever want to check on buffs like this, you can press C and see how your characters' stats change.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The character with instructor has to be on the field when they cause a reaction to proc the buff. So you want to make sure whatever you're going to smash has some elemental effect on it already. Wait for the reaction and then swap to your next character. Xiangling is a little annoying to wait for guobas first flame puff so I run the set on Fischl or catalyst users mostly.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

gandlethorpe posted:

She needs to be active at the time of the reaction. If you ever want to check on buffs like this, you can press C and see how your characters' stats change.

Alrighty, that makes it a lot clunkier but maybe I'll get used to that. Thanks again!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

inthesto posted:

Oceanid is my least favorite of the elites, but there's definitely domains I like even less

The geo artifact domain seems to take longer to complete than any others I've tried, but it also takes a while if I do it solo. It's kind of a roll of the dice whether I get powerful teammates that off-set the increase in mob HP (they do have increased HP in co-op, right? definitely seems like it).

Speaking of that domain, is the correct way to deal with the guardians shooting missiles to just get distance on them? If you're close it seems impossible to dodge, but if you're further you can.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ningguang's VA seems pretty good in the story and even the little bio voice sections, but her Burst sounds phoned in from two planets away. This bothers me a very much.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of that domain, is the correct way to deal with the guardians shooting missiles to just get distance on them? If you're close it seems impossible to dodge, but if you're further you can.

Pretty much this or use a burst for the invuln frames. Those things can turn on a dime up close, it's ridiculous.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, Oceanid is the worst of the elemental bosses. I'm ignoring leveling and Ascending Barbara right now because of it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Learned about a much better site than genshin.gg today: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/

It even has some better information than the wiki provides, like hero and talent stats per level. There's some datamined stuff about unreleased content though, so minor spoiler warning.

Also: bunch of leaks about the next major update (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

God I want that cryo artifact set

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Learned about a much better site than genshin.gg today: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/

It even has some better information than the wiki provides, like hero and talent stats per level. There's some datamined stuff about unreleased content though, so minor spoiler warning.

edit: nm

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 14, 2020

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
This just happened

edit: that Jean pull was at around 25 wishes into pity

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 14, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

nightwisher posted:

This just happened

You're a bad person.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nice, that sword is really good for a supportive jean build too

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

It's missing talent and constellation info, whether that's very useful to see there. Doesn't have any build advice either, but the cost info is useful.

Eh?? Talents/constellations are listed on the character page

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I’m actually finding the web event pretty enjoyable. The rewards aren’t that great, but the dialog is pretty amusing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I think it's an incredibly elaborate troll. Those are the same ability names as the cryo amber leak (which couldn't possibly be real). The sword is too good to be true and the hydro 4-piece bonus makes no sense. And the cryo 4 piece bonus is the resonance bonus, there's no way that would be it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

I’m actually finding the web event pretty enjoyable. The rewards aren’t that great, but the dialog is pretty amusing.

I like the cute animations of them doing menial tasks

No Wave posted:

I think it's an incredibly elaborate troll. Those are the same ability names as the cryo amber leak (which couldn't possibly be real). The sword is too good to be true and the hydro 4-piece bonus makes no sense. And the cryo 4 piece bonus is the resonance bonus, there's no way that would be it.

I mean, it might not all be true, but that's an awful lot of art assets to fake.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 14, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Ganyu leak images at least have the correct element background this time, which makes that earlier leak of skills even stranger.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm more willing to believe that Mihoyo is making fake leaks. There's just too much off about this. They're launching a new region and having an event where you deal +60% damage to the enemies there? It's totally bizarre. There's no way they're releasing Amber as a 5*, they've been too competent.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this isn't the first time ive seen those passives/art for the cryo set, they were leaked previously. considering the rest of the assets look pretty professional im leaning towards legit. the hydro set appears to be built for tartaglia if real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think Geo Cube is worse than water. Like Oceanid at least you attack things. Geo is just busy work and trying to burst it when you can.