Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tae posted:

She literally has a room full of rex merch

It was collected ironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bloody Emissary posted:

My experience with using them: teleport to the specified area, immediately see an obvious landmark that looks like a prime Geoculus location, ignore it at first because I probably already checked it, find nothing, go to the obvious landmark, find the Geoculus right there in plain sight.

This happened for three out of the four Geoculi I had left to find when the update dropped. :doh:

My absolute final geoculus, #131 out of 131, was just floating above a roof in direct line of sight of a teleporter.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I realize everyone else probably figured this out week 1, but I just noticed you can easily and quickly complete battle pass or adventure handbook domain events without using resin by just doing the lowest level one you need and then leaving without collecting the flower. I was stuck on the adventure handbook chapter 6 for what feels like a month because I was not doing artifact domains until I reached AR45. I did 3 low level runs in 5 minutes to complete the chapter, then had chapter 7 completely done and was 75% through chapter 8. Same with bosses that were done before the new BP cycle. I had already done the dragon, so I just set a low level one and killed it in a minute.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 14, 2020

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I forgot you could do that with the dragon and the wolf, thaat's good info.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pain of Mind posted:

I realize everyone else probably figured this out week 1, but I just noticed you can easily and quickly complete battle pass or adventure handbook domain events without using resin by just doing the lowest level one you need and then just leaving without collecting the flower. I was stuck on the adventure handbook chapter 6 for what feels like a month because I was not doing artifact domains until I reached AR45. I did 3 low level runs in 5 minutes to complete the chapter, then had chapter 7 completely done and was 75% through chapter 8. Same with bosses that were done before the new BP cycle. I had already done the dragon, so I just set a low level one and killed it in a minute.

Not doing artifact domains at all until 45 is kinda crazy. Do you get enough stuff from chests to upgrade your carry's artifacts to +16/+20? Leveling up artifacts is a big source of power, and you can get ~90% of the xp back later once you're AR45 and get your perfect optimal 5* artifact set or whatever (just feed the previously-leveled +16 gear to the new artifacts).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mae posted:

I forgot you could do that with the dragon and the wolf, thaat's good info.

it'll work for Dvalin and Childe because they're in domains, the wolf being a single overworld spawn you trigger means you just have that one unless you set up co-op

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

One of the geoculus I found after using the compass I definitely missed because it was somewhat close to a hilichurl that was just fishing that I didn't want to bother.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not doing artifact domains at all until 45 is kinda crazy. Do you get enough stuff from chests to upgrade your carry's artifacts to +16/+20? Leveling up artifacts is a big source of power, and you can get ~90% of the xp back later once you're AR45 and get your perfect optimal 5* artifact set or whatever (just feed the previously-leveled +16 gear to the new artifacts).

It does not feel like I am artifact limited, since nothing seems particularly difficult outside of spiral abyss stuff and I am constantly maxed out on artifact inventory. I have not got any artifacts up to 20, but a bunch are at 16, both 4* and 5*. As you mentioned, none of this is end game gear anyway and nothing on the map is particularly challenging, so it seems like a better use of resin to farm weapon mats, map bosses, leylines etc. where the rewards do not ramp up as much (or already are maxed). Why rush to end game gear with a worse resin/5* ratio when there is almost no end game content that requires it?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 14, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

nightwisher posted:

Good news! Fischl's gonna be free very shortly :v:

I'll take a C1 of a permanent member of my team any day. Unfortunately I planned on farming the upgrade mats for Rust on Monday, so until then she just gets popped out for bird. I was just trying to crank the pity counter a bit so I can nab Xian in January.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I got Chongyun as a pity 4* and immediately cranked him to Lv50 to replace my Lv40 Kaeya for cryo stuff. Turns out Kaeya's still better for reactions, but I wanted a greatsword user who isn't Beidou or Noelle and if the gods continue to keep Razor from me as they have then I reckon this is it. Beidou is just so slow at WL3 and I'm tired of not having decent cryo.

I'm entering the Spiral Abyss portion where you need two teams and I'm thinking

Klee / Xiang(c2) / Fischl / Barbara(c2)
and
Childe / Beidou(c1) / Xingqiu(c1) / A!Traveler(c4)

Also have Ningguang(c5), Noelle(c1), Chong, and Sucrose, plus the free units. I'm not jumping to WL4 until I set my two teams and grind up mats to get the DPSes to 70, and I need to kill Oceanid a fuckton to get three characters' worth of ascension mats, so I figure between that and stockpiling exp books I have a few weeks to play around. Any suggestions on the Abyss B team would be most welcome.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The notice board says certain characters will get 60% bonus damage for the falling stars event from the 16th. My carries are Razor and Diluc, do they want me to level up a different character for the event?

Tartaglia, Mona, Fischl, Lisa, Beidou, Ningguang, Noelle, Chongyun and Xiangling

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finished my Geoculi and finished the pillar quest! It gave me some decent cash plus a Noblesse Oblige 5* artifact with decent stats (I'm guessing its stats are random).

edit: The Battle Pass really gave a great amount of Mora; even after getting Childe to 70 and Skyward Harp from 60-80 (plus some other random stuff) I still have like 700k left (I guess 880k after that quest I just did).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

This post made me realize that the gold eyes so many characters have are supposed to be brown.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 14, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Despite being at WL3 I still have no idea what I'm doing. How should I be leveling people up? Is it just doing those leylines for the cheap books and just using hundreds of them and the other one leyline for money? I don't know if there's a source of the purple ones. And I think this recent update just made the mystic ore actually show up in the wild too.

And just idle things I noticed: 1) Jesus Christ that Oceanid is a nightmare, I just tried fighting it for the first time ever and I could only barely beat like, a bird of some kind before being killed (Granted it was level 50 and red so I was very underleveled for it) but I never managed to escape a single one of its AOE attacks in the process.

2) I tried Beidou out on the test run thing and wow, that lady's combo just goes all over huh?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RareAcumen posted:

Despite being at WL3 I still have no idea what I'm doing. How should I be leveling people up? Is it just doing those leylines for the cheap books and just using hundreds of them and the other one leyline for money? I don't know if there's a source of the purple ones. And I think this recent update just made the mystic ore actually show up in the wild too.

Leyline rewards go up with AR, purple XP books start showing up at AR 35.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Diona is growing on me. Yes, I would drop her in a heartbeat for Qiqi, but the shield and freeze versus hydro is definitely filling a space I needed. It's a shame they split her scaling because choosing between healing/shields and damage on a support is going to lead to an obvious conclusion.

RareAcumen posted:

It depends on your team. You'll generally have one big dick dps character and three people for buffing/reactions/burst damage/keeping that character alive. Keep that dps character (and their weapon and talents) maxed as a priority, then supplement that with leveling whomever in your team can provide the most benefit. I'm at AR32 and I'm already set to max level/skill two of my team on ascension. If you've been trying to level everyone... that's the trap.

quote:

2) I tried Beidou out on the test run thing and wow, that lady's combo just goes all over huh?

Beidou is her counter and... that's it. You perfect counter stuff, do some decent aoe damage, then swap out to someone who can play until her cooldown is up.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Mailer posted:

Beidou is her counter and... that's it. You perfect counter stuff, do some decent aoe damage, then swap out to someone who can play until her cooldown is up.

Her burst is pretty nice too, but yeah the only things she should ever be basic attacking are ores and geo shields.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

The notice board says certain characters will get 60% bonus damage for the falling stars event from the 16th. My carries are Razor and Diluc, do they want me to level up a different character for the event?

Tartaglia, Mona, Fischl, Lisa, Beidou, Ningguang, Noelle, Chongyun and Xiangling

I doubt the event will be difficult enough that your Razor or Diluc won't be able to roll everything regardless of the damage bonus, probably more of a bonus/fun thing for people using the buffed characters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ashenai posted:

Leyline rewards go up with AR, purple XP books start showing up at AR 35.

Ahhhh, okay that explains things. I thoroughly did not understand how you were supposed to level up new characters at all now.

Also, I'm so loving bad at this game. I only just found out that you can actually level up Talents, I had no idea.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Quetzadilla posted:

*switches off of using a greatsword for the first time since launch* How can anyone live like this?

I felt the same way, but Klee is an acceptable substitute. Explosion seems to be the same element as 'big sword'

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So are we suppose to buy the Memory of Roving Gales (Constellation level up for the Main Character) from the Souvenir shop in Mondstadt?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Helical Nightmares posted:

So are we suppose to buy the Memory of Roving Gales (Constellation level up for the Main Character) from the Souvenir shop in Mondstadt?

Yes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Yeah. There's a finite amount available so if you see one in the shop that's where you get it if you want to eventually get to C6. Others come from story quests or AR level awards.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Asimo posted:

Yeah. There's a finite amount available so if you see one in the shop that's where you get it if you want to eventually get to C6. Others come from story quests or AR level awards.

I'm trying to do a "have at least one of every possible item in my inventory" thing, and the Traveler seems custom-made to gently caress me over. Because there is only one Brilliant Diamond Sliver in the entire game, and I'm keeping it, which means Traveler is stuck at Level 20. I'm not really using him so it's not a big deal, it's just funny how that works.

I might end up giving up on my dream, because the game really isn't designed around it and there's a lot of mutually exclusive items. Like, you have to use up a recipe item to learn it, but it you don't learn it, you usually can't get all of the 3-4 corresponding food items.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I beat Dvalin on my own- Christ that fight is such a nightmare now that it's not a story mission anymore- barely managed to win when he turned every platform into a damage floor. I think I got a spear prototype from that fight? I don't know where this thing showed up from. Should I make another Crescent Pike for another potential spear user, the Prototype Grudge or save it for later entirely?

And if I've somehow come across anyone in here recently in co-op, thanks a lot for carrying the boss fights on your back, don't know if I'll ever beat the wolf on my own this month. And I had to rely on whoever that Childe/Keqing combo was slaughtering all of them on their own mostly. I just threw out Xianling and Fishcl's skills out and tried not to die.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RareAcumen posted:

So I beat Dvalin on my own- Christ that fight is such a nightmare now that it's not a story mission anymore- barely managed to win when he turned every platform into a damage floor.

Yeah you have to have halfway decent DPS against Dvalin because the fight is designed to keep escalating (the platforms are just one part of this), and eventually you can't outlast him any more. If you're getting to the point where every platform is compromised, you need to focus on damaging him more.

quote:

I think I got a spear prototype from that fight? I don't know where this thing showed up from. Should I make another Crescent Pike for another potential spear user, the Prototype Grudge or save it for later entirely?

None of the above: the best option is actually probably to make another Crescent Pike, then use it to refine your existing one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd just hold onto it unless you really need it. Prototype Grudge is an extremely good support spear and you don't know who you'll pull in the future.

Event details released: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6751

The 60% damage amp makes the leaks from last page seem much more believable......

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Tae posted:

She literally has a room full of rex merch

Keqing being the biggest Rex Lapis fangirl in Liyue was a twist I did not expect. After the msq she does 180s on all her big scepticism talk too, it's hilarious.

also this web event is jank as hell with a pretty poor translation/loc job compared to the main game, but at least it's cute

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
As someone who's been using Keqing for all of the game I was very happy with her story 5 and 6. She believes that Liyue should govern itself, but she relies on the example that Rex Lapis set in order to do so (which eventually ended up being exactly Rex's intention). I'm hoping some of that makes it into her story quest.

EDIT: Found out something neat about gliders - the cross on the glider's back tells you where you're going to land if you move the camera directly above you and stop moving forward. Useful for that geronimo achievement.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 14, 2020

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is hard-countering elements with under-levelled teams better than just kind of brute-forcing them with at-level teams? I'm running into a problem where the artifacts I want are from domains that are awkward to face with my Diluc team since they're either full of fire shields or have leyline disorders that punish Fire/Lightning reactions. With the amount of resources it takes at higher levels I could probably bring my entire B-team up to 60-70 for the cost of taking my Diluc and Fishl team to 70-80.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So do you really need a team built around setting up reactions for Childe to make him work? My perspective is pretty skewed since I've been using Diluc for so long but i feel like I'm just not getting much out of Childe when I swap to him. Builds up energy so slow, I can hit e once on Diluc and do like 9k damage or spend triple that amount of time hitting that with Childe's dagger attacks, etc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pierson posted:

With the amount of resources it takes at higher levels I could probably bring my entire B-team up to 60-70 for the cost of taking my Diluc and Fishl team to 70-80.

There's no real point in having character leveled past getting their 2nd passive in most cases, especially over another ascension 4 character.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Pierson posted:

Is hard-countering elements with under-levelled teams better than just kind of brute-forcing them with at-level teams?

Yes, absolutely, the game is designed to make you adapt like that. A naked level 20 Barbara will take down a fire shield five times as fast as your fully kitted out Diluc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pierson posted:

Is hard-countering elements with under-levelled teams better than just kind of brute-forcing them with at-level teams? I'm running into a problem where the artifacts I want are from domains that are awkward to face with my Diluc team since they're either full of fire shields or have leyline disorders that punish Fire/Lightning reactions. With the amount of resources it takes at higher levels I could probably bring my entire B-team up to 60-70 for the cost of taking my Diluc and Fishl team to 70-80.

You should have at least one carry to 80 since level scaling is a thing that will cut back on a lot of your damage. The way I see it the best way to level is always have a carry 10 levels above your support team till the supports get to ascension 4, then you leave them parked at 60 till you get your carries to 80. After you have all your support teams at A4 and two carries at 80 you can start bothering getting your other supports up.

I never once noticed a significant boost in world level difficulty following this rule.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
When it comes to shields, the shield's weakness will ALWAYS be better than raw damage/off-element damage.

My Barbara is specc'd for HP and nothing else, she literally does like 50 damage to most enemies, but she rips through fire shields at an alarming pace.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Damage to shields appears to be completely independent of actual damage. I think the only thing that matters is number of hits, as I've noticed Childe can take down Pyro Abyss Mage shields absurdly quickly after the first charged shot due to Riptide Flash procs hitting effectively four times per arrow. You can see a similar effect if you shoot a Hydro Abyss Mage shield with a Fischl charged shot, Electroshock procs twice and does two bits of damage to the shield (though Cryo is more effective against Hydro Abyss Mages).

The main thing to note is that Abyss Mage shields respond to elemental damage while Fatui shields respond to elemental reactions. To break an Abyss Mage shield you just need the damage type the shield is weak to (Pyro > Cryo > Hydro > Pyro). To strip Fatui shields, you need to cause a certain reaction through hitting the shield with an element that will cause that reaction (except Geo Fatui whose shield is just the standard claymore-or-Geo affair, and the Anemo Fatui whose shield/counter work differently). This is why Electro works well against Fatui Hydrogunner shields but not Hydro Abyss Mage shields: The Hydrogunner's shield is apparently weak to Electroshock, while the Abyss Mage's shield is weak to Cryo.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I still don't understand why some of my team are completely incapable of busting shields. I feel it has to be based of damage dealt somehow.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So do you really need a team built around setting up reactions for Childe to make him work? My perspective is pretty skewed since I've been using Diluc for so long but i feel like I'm just not getting much out of Childe when I swap to him. Builds up energy so slow, I can hit e once on Diluc and do like 9k damage or spend triple that amount of time hitting that with Childe's dagger attacks, etc.

Well, from what I understand Childe is all about his AoE via riptide, so he needs to be built around that, so lots of crit chance and crit damage. He also really wants the right weapon, either the 5* one on the banner or Rust. I've seen people on reddit saying that he can out dps Diluc by a large margin but I don't know yet since I don't have him built yet to compare.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I pulled on the Childe banner just hoping for Ningguang (I have her on my F2P alt and she *rocks* :v:). Got C2 Ningguang and a C0 Diona. Looking forward to trying Diona out in my Keqing team.

I've had Enviosity streaming in the background while I do other things and he almost makes me want to level Amber. Once I'm through with other priorities, maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Okay, noticing some weird buggy things since the update:

1. Dvalin's neck is harder to climb. Sometimes I just clip through. I almost lost to this easy boss because I could not hit his weakpoint, and his boss battle has a soft time limit.

2. Statue only auto healing to me full HP minus 1.