Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Floor 10 is kind of lame, because it's the first one that demands having a certain element on both teams when the game only gives you one free one, in this case water. But luckily you have Xingqiu, so you won't have to worry about that. Him and Barb should take care of the pyro mage, whopperflower, and Fatui shields easily, even without leveling them up past where they're already at. Your level 70+ dudes should be able to handle the DPSing, with Klee only having trouble versus the slimes which only appear in chamber 1, so you can stick in in team 2.

You'll also need is a healer for each team, which should be Jean and Barbara (or Noelle if you're into that).

No Wave posted:

Second team is Klee and Barbara for sure. I don't think this should be too much trouble those two can probably beat the whole side on their own though the two whoppers at the end might be a little tanky.

First team is harder. You require water for the fatui so Xingqiu is a given. After that the biggest challenge is the whopperflowers. Idk if Noelle/Jean/Fishl can do enough damage but it's probably your only option for now.

Hey thanks yall and everyone for the tips but I have a real dumb thing to ask like... how do people use Barbara? I pulled Jean on the beginner banner so I've always used Jean for healing. And its very simple early game because she's a fine attacker and attacking heals and makes energy and you get the big heal and big damage and thats all simple things that you want to be doing.

Do people keep Barbara out and attacking in order to heal, or are you supposed to trust in the regen? I always just feel scared swapping to an already damaged person and hoping you don't take more damage than you are getting back. You surely aren't supposed to pre-emptively use the shield right?

And actually now that I'm asking that and looking at her numbers I haven't leveled her talents and maybe that's why I'm not understanding how she works. And also maybe the unleveled artifacts. Is it ever worth using something stronger than Thrilling Tales on her? The burst is just a heal so I'm guessing no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Flair posted:

You would only focus one DPS for now. Your current levels probably would not do well in the fourth floor of the abyss. Razor is probably what I would pick to focus on first since he can only ever be DPS whereas Xianliang can DPS and/or support, and his abilities scale with Physical which is pretty versatile. Again, you can opt instead to focus on Xianliang with a crescent pike which makes her a Physical damage DPS like Razor, but unlike Razor, her abilities does not innately scale with Physical, and since Razor is already electric, it makes it easy for a superconduct team which lowers the enemies' physical resistance. So I would focus on Razor first and then Xianliang after you max him for your current World Level.

Now that's the kind of straightforward advice that I need if I'm going to understand anything about what I should be doing to make fighting enemies easy again.

So, I just noticed this flying palace above Liyue Harbor as I'm climbing mountains to activate those other teleporters that I never got because they're on the edges of the map that we can't interact with yet. Is that related to the Rite of Descension quest I still haven't actually started working on?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

kater posted:

Hey thanks yall and everyone for the tips but I have a real dumb thing to ask like... how do people use Barbara? I pulled Jean on the beginner banner so I've always used Jean for healing. And its very simple early game because she's a fine attacker and attacking heals and makes energy and you get the big heal and big damage and thats all simple things that you want to be doing.

Do people keep Barbara out and attacking in order to heal, or are you supposed to trust in the regen? I always just feel scared swapping to an already damaged person and hoping you don't take more damage than you are getting back. You surely aren't supposed to pre-emptively use the shield right?

And actually now that I'm asking that and looking at her numbers I haven't leveled her talents and maybe that's why I'm not understanding how she works. And also maybe the unleveled artifacts. Is it ever worth using something stronger than Thrilling Tales on her? The burst is just a heal so I'm guessing no.

Pop her out, use her ability, then get a couple rounds of her combo or charge attack in if you need the healing, then swap her out again. Burst when necessary. A lot of people like to put the thrilling tales of dragon slayers or w/e on her for the damage buff since she doesn't stay out long. Her combo fires off fairly quick though so it can be useful for breaking shields but her damage is garbage otherwise so don't worry. She can be useful in some domains for clearing conditions from yourself since her abilities make you wet.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Here's my hot take: Barbara is the worst unit for healing in the game, and has exactly 1 spot where's she somewhat beneficial in the end game in abyss 10. Every other healing unit brings more damage, more utility, and/or both to the table at not much of a cost wrt total healing, especially as they get better built. Barbara literally only brings healing, and if you have Jean/Bennett/Qiqi/Diona/Noelle, focus on levelling them up over barb.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i only run Barb as debuff clear so i'll usually put a Sac book on her for more frequent access to her skill

kater
Nov 16, 2010

err yeah, I was specifically asking for advice about floor 10.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RareAcumen posted:

Now that's the kind of straightforward advice that I need if I'm going to understand anything about what I should be doing to make fighting enemies easy again.

So, I just noticed this flying palace above Liyue Harbor as I'm climbing mountains to activate those other teleporters that I never got because they're on the edges of the map that we can't interact with yet. Is that related to the Rite of Descension quest I still haven't actually started working on?

No, it's related to another story quest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

berenzen posted:

Here's my hot take: Barbara is the worst unit for healing in the game, and has exactly 1 spot where's she somewhat beneficial in the end game in abyss 10. Every other healing unit brings more damage, more utility, and/or both to the table at not much of a cost wrt total healing, especially as they get better built. Barbara literally only brings healing, and if you have Jean/Bennett/Qiqi/Diona/Noelle, focus on levelling them up over barb.

She also applies wet status when you switch to other characters. Good or bad depending on circumstances. Works well with Anemo traveler. She can also heal without triggering her ult, unlike Bennet. I have Bennet, but I'll admit I've never put any resources into him.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

berenzen posted:

Barbara gives you an aura that constantly applies wet to everything next to you that is active most of the time. That's pretty great imo. Really like it as Keqing for the nonstop electro-charge procs, especially since Bennett's stationary damage bonus doesn't really jive with her mobility and the cryo healers' reaction doesn't play well with an elemental damage character. She absolutely annihilates pyro mages and I like that she can top people off outside of combat unlike other healers that rely on their burst or hitting enemies.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just noticed today that the 1- and 2-star weapons aren't able to ascend past level 70. What a weirdly specific restriction, especially since you've usually dropped them for a 3-star by level 20 or earlier.

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

The new Golden Shrimp Balls are better than normal pancakes, and ingredients (5 shrimp, 4 potato, 3 rice) are all ones you can buy 100-at-a-time from the shops in town so there's no need to farm mats to craft them.
Not as good as the special Noelle pancakes but probably much cheaper to make if you take into account having to craft like 10 normal pancakes for every special-dish proc.

Overall though your revive item doesn't really matter because the party member will be so low afterwards that they need a heal anyways to bring them out of one-shot range. You could just stick to 50hp fried eggs or whatever all game long as long as you pause and shove healing food down the character's gullet each time.

kater posted:

Barb gets more healing overall if you keep her out and attack stuff while her buff is active, but the whole time you're doing that you're doing 0 dps and not killing anything so it's pretty much a last resort. You'd only really want to spam attacks as barbara if you're nowhere near charging her burst AND you have somebody who's dangerously low hp that can't just rely on the healing loop regen.
Throw the healing loop on pre-emptively to help heal through chip damage. You wanna switch to Barbara anyways for the dragonslayer book's attack buff, so you might as well push E for free while you do it. It's also great for applying wet to enemies, but be careful because it also makes YOU wet while it heals you so it's a bad idea against ice or certain fire enemies.
Stick +hp gear on Barb and level up her flower first, because her heals scale with her max hp.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

Looks like this is the second best option. Sucrose's special dish is 20%+1500, but the recipe (cram, ham, & veggie bake) is locked behind a commission and additional rng (it doesn't always drop). Crabs are annoying to farm though.

Honestly, mass producing the 1* revivals with their special cook is probably the best choice. They heal 10%+150, which is usually better than the flat 1500 from 3* recipes, and are also very cheap on ingredients. Bennett's in particular only uses 1 egg.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 15, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Vargs posted:

Barbara gives you an aura that constantly applies wet to everything next to you that is active most of the time. That's pretty great imo. Really like it as Keqing for the nonstop electro-charge procs, especially since Bennett's stationary damage bonus doesn't really jive with her mobility and the cryo healers' reaction doesn't play well with an elemental damage character. She absolutely annihilates pyro mages and I like that she can top people off outside of combat unlike other healers that rely on their burst or hitting enemies.

Xingqiu also does this while not costing you damage, letting you run literally any other healer that can add additional utility. XQ also provides damage reduction and prevents interrupts in addition to having an incredible amount of damage on his burst.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 15, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Looks like this is the second best option. Sucrose's special dish is 20%+1500, but the recipe (cram, ham, & veggie bake) is locked behind a commission and additional rng (it doesn't always drop). Crabs are annoying to farm though.

Also it takes crab roe to craft. Collecting crabs is a royal pain in the rear end so you'll mostly just get that by buying 10 from the shop every 3 days, which is enough to maybe get one single special dish proc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

berenzen posted:

Xingqiu also does this while not costing you damage, letting you run literally any other healer that can add additional utility. XQ also provides damage reduction and prevents interrupts in addition to having an incredible amount of damage on his burst.

it's obvious he's the better hydro support pick, i just don't think he's replacing the need for a more dedicated healer. with most people being limited to Noelle/Barb/Bennett, i don't see them having the luxury to ditch or write her off as one of their better healing options.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Diona's special food has the potential to be the "best" revival food, since, while worse than some other options, it's really cheap (1 fish, 1 pepper), and her ability is the one to double healing food, so when she makes it she has a chance of doubling the product and for making her special food, something only shared by Jean (whose food is regeneration instead of revival).

That said, it's kind of disappointing that both her and Jean have food abilities at all, since Barbara is already guaranteed and thus the only thing other people with those abilities offer over her is the ability to apply them to their special foods too. You actually get all three food doubling abilities guaranteed, since Xiangling does attack foods and Noelle does defense ones, on that tangent. The only time to ever not be making a particular food with someone who can potentially double the output is when you're trying for a special food or you're making the stamina foods, since no one has an ability to double those yet. (Also, no one with a food-related ability except for Diona and Jean have their ability apply to the kind of special food they make; Noelle and Xiangling both make healing foods and Barbara makes a stamina food. I guess miHoYo realized that there needed to be something to keep Jean and Diona's abilities from being completely redundant, but it makes me worried we'll be seeing more people with these food-related abilities in the future instead of more useful abilities.)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Am I correct in thinking that it might be a good idea to run another hydro person (I have Xingqiu in mind) with Childe? Childe generates a ton of hydro energy during his "dps phases" that a character with an expensive hydro burst could use.

That being said, I think that Xingqiu's burst might be best to use with a different element person so it triggers reactions constantly. Would Bennett or Chongyun be good for that?

edit: I encountered an interesting new Liyue commission today where you defend this fisherman from all these mobs, and at the end one of the flying guardian things comes and the fisherman suddenly one-shots it and says some cryptic stuff about there being many mysteries in the world.

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA for 1.1: the new story boss is also a weekly domain boss once you beat it so if you're putting off the story quest or just didn't catch that after completing it, do your weekly run of it before reset.

Thanks! I would have completely missed that.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It depends on the comp and whether you have c2 XQ. C2 XQ makes him basically a must have for childe because of the 15% RES down, particularly in an electroshock comp with fischl, and then you bring in a bennett for healing/more damage.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
In the new boss dungeon, when Childe knocks Traveler down, Paimon flails about in indecision before she leaps in front of Traveler, holds her hands up in defence, and resumes flailing. You're absolutely useless Paimon but that was pretty cool and heroic regardless

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

That being said, I think that Xingqiu's burst might be best to use with a different element person so it triggers reactions constantly. Would Bennett or Chongyun be good for that?

Chongyun is the correct choice because it's the most fun and they're boyfriends.

The other option would be someone who can do large packets of pyro damage on a short cooldown, so probably Diluc or Klee.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not 100% sure but I'm getting the feeling that when you open a chest it just automatically collects all of the stuff that shoots out for you rather than making you pick them up yourself now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

You could like, just not do that weekly BP thing

Also I'd definitely prioritize the weekly bosses above farming mats for weapons/talents/leveling since the weekly bosses are way more limited than the other things.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 15, 2020

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

the weekly resin quest was even worse (1500 or some poo poo) before 1.1 so at least it's theoretically possible without burning fragile resin now :v:

for the leyline, boss, and domain quotas keep in mind you don't actually have to spend resin on them. leylines especially you can just use to spawn mobs with nice loot up to four times a day without using resin.

also, with the new compressed resin recipe you can hop on and instantly "consume" up to 120 resin at a time while storing it for later. i do that before i go to bed.

but ultimately the resin system is designed to encourage you to spend $$$. that just comes with the territory, unfortunately.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I pulled Beidou neat. Shame since I've had Razor from the start and don't really have any good place for her since she's a cool pirate lady.

Although I've seen she works amazingly well with Childe if I manage to get him soon.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Sundays in general are pretty poor for farming mats, and there will probably be a day that you don't need to farm mats because none of your characters have things that they need from that day. Sunday is also usually the best time to do bosses anyways, because you want to make sure that you're not going to go up a WL and end up getting lesser rewards.

Additionally, even if you get the spend 1200 resin in a week on all 6 weeks, there will be enough BP experience to get to level 50 with room to spare by the end, assuming you complete the basic 4 BP tasks every day.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I'm getting the feeling that when you open a chest it just automatically collects all of the stuff that shoots out for you rather than making you pick them up yourself now.

Some chests do this when they're placed where the items would spawn off a cliff. Some chests are in similar positions and don't do it, gently caress yuo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

This happened to me in the first part of the new story quest with the chest on the floating island (thankfully), but I haven't seen it on any other chest I've opened.

Game just needs autoloot period

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

36ish is where the pinch feels real but it's kinda whatever eventually. Like after you get one or two characters talents to a good place getting 2 blue and 2 green feels freaking awful so you stop doing those. The weekly bosses spit out a bunch of artifacts but don't feel that important to actually loot until you are getting the legendary bit at A40.

Also I still don't feel bad about spending 50 primogems for resin when I feel like it. Helps you get a thing you want. I unno, I can see it either way.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Stuff like bosses, domains, and leylines can be completed without burning resin. Simply fight them and not spend resin on the blossom/leyline/tree. The weekly quest only cares bout coming out of the fight alive, not on spending resin on the rewards. Ditto the actual spend resin quest.

Additionally the earlier floors of Abyss count for the BP domain weekly quest so there's that.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So I don't have a leveled cyro dps yet, and I've hit floor 7 in the abyss, which has electro Fauti.

Would it be worth it to level my brand-new Diona to say, lvl 60?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

So I don't have a leveled cyro dps yet, and I've hit floor 7 in the abyss, which has electro Fauti.

Would it be worth it to level my brand-new Diona to say, lvl 60?

You don't really need a DPS of a particular element to deal with shields; a level 1 Diona will be just fine. That said 60 is always a good point to bring your supports up to to get their last talent.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

raising her is helpful to get some extra max hp for ability scaling, she'll be useful again on a floor like 9 where you've got electro Fatui paired with cryo ones where her shield is especially strong

kater
Nov 16, 2010

child do the chores

something about this non-event is incredibly charming.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

You don't really have to level her talents. On floor 10 you want to melody loop on cooldown to remove the debuff. In general melody loop isn't very good healing on a low level Barbara so you'll have to do it manually with her autos when someone is low.

I'm not recommending Barbara second half because of her healing, it's because she has such an easy time taking all the abyss mage shields out which is something Klee can't really do. If you're uncomfortable with Barbara healing you can totally move Noelle or Jean onto the bottom as well if you don't need them top. Either way I wouldn't put any resources into Barbara if I were you, you have two other very high level healers and even Enviosity (a streamer who owns seven characters) hasn't leveled his Barbara past 50.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 15, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I've really come around on Diona. Her healing leaves something to be desired, but her charged E is such good initation. Applying Cryo to a bunch of enemies and a shield to myself is exactly how I like to start battles.

Also, her forcefield has kitty ears, come on

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

You don't really have to level her talents. On floor 10 you want to melody loop on cooldown to remove the debuff. In general melody loop isn't very good healing on a low level Barbara so you'll have to do it manually with her autos when someone is low.

I'm not recommending Barbara second half because of her healing, it's because she has such an easy time taking all the abyss mage shields out which is something Klee can't really do. If you're uncomfortable with Barbara healing you can totally move Noelle or Jean onto the bottom as well if you don't need them top. Either way I wouldn't put any resources into Barbara if I were you, you have two other very high level healers and even Enviosity (a streamer who owns seven characters) hasn't leveled his Barbara past 50.

Hey, he also has a level 1 Bennett that he promises to use when his birthday (2/29) comes up

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Leveling Barbara means more oceanid fighting no thanks!

Also found myself loving around and not doing the ar35 quest and ended up banking enough exp to jump right to 39.9 when I did. Whoops.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Almost AR46 and I just found out you can hold down and jump while climbing to jump away from the wall.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also it takes crab roe to craft. Collecting crabs is a royal pain in the rear end so you'll mostly just get that by buying 10 from the shop every 3 days, which is enough to maybe get one single special dish proc.

Counter-point - crabs are easy peasy to collect twenty a day in Luhua Pool (there are exactly three pools with 4+3+3 crabs) and Falcon Coast (just run the sandy coast up and down for ~10 more).

Protip: If a crab escapes you, go away some distance (ideally hunting other crabs), then return, it will be in the spot where it buried.

Proprotip: Skills (Diona shield passive T1) and items that increase speed are good culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Ashye posted:

Also found myself loving around and not doing the ar35 quest and ended up banking enough exp to jump right to 39.9 when I did. Whoops.

As someone doing exactly this how punishing is the jump from WL3 to WL5? I've been putting off WL3 to WL4 for lack of exp books, dunno if that's ultimately counterproductive. I think I have enough banked to barely hit 38 if I did the quest now.