Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

akira is out in 4k hdr and I watched it recently, absolutely owns still. but last year was the year to watch it because it takes place in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

i've honestly thought more than once about japanese rednecks. Like, there have to be some fuckers over there living in leaky lovely shacks on 3 acres absolutely full of rusted out cars, and they ride dirt bikes over a berm for fun and drink too much.

i want to hang out with japanese hillbillies. i hear that, like us, they have a weird nationalist/monarchist bent though.

not japanese but you can watch 华农兄弟 videos on youtube to see some chinese rednecks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkSxAypC0Wk

Huanong Brothers: The pig got drunk. My buddy comes to kill it together. We grill it. Wonderful!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my understanding of rural japan is that there’s basically no young people and there’s starting to be ghost towns in areas where the population gets too low. I watched a thing on nhk world where some old woman has made hundreds of creepy mannequins of people who moved out of town

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

michelle obama doesnt want a god drat thing to do with politics ever again. also obama was a bad president sooo

I’m not sure the US could actually have a “good” president. no way they can’t be complicit in the worlds leading terrorist state.

Jonny 290 posted:

lol dude's going to be loving dead in 18 months tops. he will no longer have VIP access to the fanciest of covid treatments and most expensive benzos and uppers and steroids. He'll never again be a presidential candidate

his dead body will be kept upright and talking simply thru pumping methamphetamine and oxygenated blood directly into his heart

Beamed posted:

the literal one lesson to learn from the 2020 election is that A) biden sucks and B) the idea that republicans have turbofucked themselves is DRAMATICALLY overstated

the ONLY thing that matters to most rePUBElicans is abortion. that’s why they’ll never “fix” that because then their platform has no actual differentiation

polyester concept posted:

akira is out in 4k hdr and I watched it recently, absolutely owns still. but last year was the year to watch it because it takes place in 2019

i’ve never seen and i’m not gonna until 290 watches the end of inglorious barsterds and maybe he already did and I just don’t know but if or when he does i’ll watch it because i’m sure that you dudes give a poo poo if i see it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you should run for president echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:ck5:

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
akira is cool. when i first saw it i only understood the frustration and stress that tetsuo was experiencing. i didnt understand the backdrop of protests and social unrest at 14yo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jonny 290 posted:

i've honestly thought more than once about japanese rednecks. Like, there have to be some fuckers over there living in leaky lovely shacks on 3 acres absolutely full of rusted out cars, and they ride dirt bikes over a berm for fun and drink too much.

i want to hang out with japanese hillbillies. i hear that, like us, they have a weird nationalist/monarchist bent though.
Japan's thing is a bit more depressing in that basically if they still basically make naturalization as hard as possible, there won't be any redneck equivalents because there simply won't be anyone living in rural areas in Japan.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fabricated posted:

there simply won't be anyone living in rural areas

ngl this is what humanity should be striving for in the long run. frank lloyd wright was full of poo poo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

why the gently caress would you use this emote

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
kerrygold butter is gr8. i just had a cinnamon chip scone with some kerrygold butter on it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, it's good butter.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
cool, my anxiety levels are high as gently caress today

awesome

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Kerrygold is v overrated and the idea that you need to ship butter internationally is one of the most ridiculous parts of the modern food supply chain

if you want good eating (as opposed to cooking/baking) butter, get some local cream, add a dollop of dairy with active cultures, let it sit on the counter for a bit, then make butter.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Kerrygold is v overrated and the idea that you need to ship butter internationally is one of the most ridiculous parts of the modern food supply chain

if you want good butter, get some local cream, add a dollop of dairy with active cultures, let it sit on the counter for a bit, then make butter.

lmao how about i drink water from my tap while i'm at it. :rolleyes:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

lmao how about i drink water from my tap while i'm at it. :rolleyes:

did someone say sinkwater?!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fabricated posted:

Japan's thing is a bit more depressing in that basically if they still basically make naturalization as hard as possible, there won't be any redneck equivalents because there simply won't be anyone living in rural areas in Japan.

shitloads of ppl are moving out of tokyo back to their small towns because tokyo employers are allowing remote work and the govt is giving out subsidies for ppl to buy houses out in the countryside.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

did someone say sinkwater?!

might as well just stick my head in the toilet

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

my understanding of rural japan is that there’s basically no young people and there’s starting to be ghost towns in areas where the population gets too low. I watched a thing on nhk world where some old woman has made hundreds of creepy mannequins of people who moved out of town

ah, so just like the rural US

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000321620197.html

lol pinned on my gym backpack :o:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

More like Kanye Worst

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

More like Kanye Worst

yeah, he's dumb

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

More like Kanye Worst
this is weirding me out because someone made the exact same joke only about a different person within like 5 mins of this post

Queer Salutations posted:

More like Drake Worst.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the main difference between kanye and drake is kanye was once good, he produced "get by" by talib kweli for pete's sake

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

More like Kanye Worst

if he goes to a german-rear end restaurant next he can be Kanye Wurst

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

if he goes to a german-rear end restaurant next he can be Kanye Wurst

heyo!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

president's having a normal one on twitter again

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PIZZA.BAT posted:

that is entirely normal for him though, it's how he became president

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I have looked at Donald Trump's Twitter account more in the last week than over the whole last 4 years (which is to say, like, 5 times) and I gotta tell ya the schadenfreude is actually pretty great. Meltdown movember

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I have looked at Donald Trump's Twitter account more in the last week than over the whole last 4 years (which is to say, like, 5 times) and I gotta tell ya the schadenfreude is actually pretty great. Meltdown movember

same. after he lost the election i felt like i could finally read his tweets and also laugh rather than only feeling despair

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

PIZZA.BAT posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328370030678044675

hes not wrong though why would american news care about europe??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I like how every morning he goes through and retweets half a dozen of his own tweets from the previous night

It's exactly like a toddler screaming even louder the less attention you pay to them

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ooh, he's doing the legit crazy capitalization of random words thing (again?)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

President Beep posted:

same. after he lost the election i felt like i could finally read his tweets and also laugh rather than only feeling despair

but he hasn't lost the election beep.

not yet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

i think all old people do this

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

President Beep posted:

what exactly is it with unhinged people capitalizing random words? every time there is some local election the usual local windbags inevitably send out letters to the whole town, which are basically crazy facebook rants printed out and mailed, and in every case, without exception, they capitalize random words. in some cases the people doing this are lawyers and professors, so you would think that they would know how to write properly. unsurprisingly, their punctuation and sentence structure is terrible as well

e: and one extremely obnoxious rear end in a top hat in particular is under 40, so it's not exclusively an old people thing

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 16, 2020

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

PIZZA.BAT posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328334945148952576?s=20

lol. what a sad old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The_Franz posted:

what exactly is it with unhinged people capitalizing random words? every time there is some local election the usual local windbags inevitably send out letters to the whole town, which are basically crazy facebook rants printed out and mailed, and in every case, without exception, they capitalize random words. in some cases the people doing this are lawyers and professors, so you would think that they would know how to write properly. unsurprisingly, their punctuation and sentence structure is terrible as well

e: and one extremely obnoxious rear end in a top hat in particular is under 40, so it's not exclusively an old people thing

capitalized words are important and carry more weight you see. it's the written equivalent of sense stress