Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i've heard that nutso people often do it because it conveys the True Importance of something that others may not know About.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

capitalized words are important and carry more weight you see. it's the written equivalent of sense stress

they don't even do it properly though. in most cases, their use of it is less

"This statement is FALSE!" (makes sense)

and more

"This Statement is false!" (what?)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1328055196904251397?s=21

broken clocks etc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the only boltons trump likes are found on women's chests

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

same. after he lost the election i felt like i could finally read his tweets and also laugh rather than only feeling despair

At least 72 million Americans read the president's tweets, nod along, and say "you tell it like it is, Mr. President!"

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

what exactly is it with unhinged people capitalizing random words? every time there is some local election the usual local windbags inevitably send out letters to the whole town, which are basically crazy facebook rants printed out and mailed, and in every case, without exception, they capitalize random words. in some cases the people doing this are lawyers and professors, so you would think that they would know how to write properly. unsurprisingly, their punctuation and sentence structure is terrible as well

e: and one extremely obnoxious rear end in a top hat in particular is under 40, so it's not exclusively an old people thing

Leftover from German, OP

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
someone post the therapist that owns tweet pls i need it for a thing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

i've seen the melania nudes. can confirm

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

oolololol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i like bolton's absurd, completely out of date huge mustache

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

At least 72 million Americans read the president's tweets, nod along, and say "you tell it like it is, Mr. President!"

im going to be honest here

only around 500k of the most unhinged americans read his tweets and agree with them and care enough to get into internet slap fights defending their large wet lad

72 million americans took a look at trump and took a look at biden and decided that biden sucked more, only a portion of those people are the type that wear maga hats and get in unhinged screaming matches

what proportion of that is what i can't really say

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

and of course the shitlibs went from loathing to loving bolton because he wrote a book ripping on trump. a book which he wrote because he was speeding to the white house with a massive boner over finally being able to bomb iran after they shot down that drone, only to be left with blueballs after trump wouldn't sign off on his plan because it went way beyond an appropriate proportional response

let that sink in: bolton is so crazy that trump is the voice of reason in comparison

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

72 million americans took a look at trump and took a look at biden and decided that biden sucked more, only a portion of those people are the type that wear maga hats and get in unhinged screaming matches

yeah its this

ngl i grew up in a predominantly white middle class working town. i didn't have any desire to give a poo poo about the world around me until i was in my late 20s, so i can 100% relate to looking at a 10 second summary of each candidate and then making a knee jerk decision based on personality alone. biden = boring, same old politician, trump = doesn't give a poo poo ("like me!", they think), says what he wants. who do you think most late teens and 20-somethings are gonna vote for?

after the first 2020 debate i was amazed at how many people were suddenly surprised by trump's behavior and i didn't understand why. has nobody been paying attention the past 4 years? turns out most people in fact literally werent. the reason people are finding out now is that the pandemic has everyone glued to their phones and there's nothing better to do except watch the world burn down in real time.

tldr you can urge the young people to vote all you want but they are still going to make ignorant decisions because they are young and dumb and have no perspective yet.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 16, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

why the gently caress would you use this emote

extremely good dichotomy after it was suggested I run for pres / prove I’m not a suitable candidate for president

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 16, 2020

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

ooh, he's doing the legit crazy capitalization of random words thing (again?)

soon to be followed by, im sure, another round of bragging that he passed the very minimum stroke cognizance tests after a heavy round of twitter on the can in the morning

The_Franz posted:

let that sink in: bolton is so crazy that trump is the voice of reason in comparison

boltons book is kind of amazing because like every five pages he boasts about his clever ideas that obama would never have done, pitches it to trump, is ignored, then turns around and says 'but this time I'll get him!' and does it again. ive never seen such dedication to publishing ones own hubris with such pride (and yes ive read my posts)

I think i made it about a quarter of the way through and stopped reading. im going to guess the rest of the book is just own after own as he turns into a mustache with a corncob pipe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
is the bob woodward book any good?

i don't think i'll read it anyway but curious

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

oopsie forgot to log into my alt

Apr 7, 2003

I'm a black gay guy and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1327650839935266818

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

polyester concept posted:

oopsie forgot to log into my alt

i recall a year or so ago seeing someone link a snopes article to refute some right-wing conspiracy theory, and the chuds immediately responded that snopes is part of the left wing fake news and is run by SJW clintonistas and don't you know you can't trust garbage sites like that.

it shouldn't surprise me at this stage but i am still impressed by the chud brain capacity to just reject reality when it doesn't align with their beliefs. zero self-reflection, zero cognitive dissonance. the totally apolitical fact-checking site says my guy lied? no he didn't. this must be the work of george soros

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

72 million americans took a look at trump and took a look at biden

nope

Apr 7, 2003

The official body count has been hovering around 250K in the US for a month, there's no loving way

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The official body count has been hovering around 250K in the US for a month, there's no loving way

remember all that news a month ago about how the federal whatever that keeps track of covid cases had been told by the trump admin to throw out data and report the wrong numbers

that all disappeared in the election noise but i somehow doubt they suddenly turned that policy around

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Sagebrush posted:

remember all that news a month ago about how the federal whatever that keeps track of covid cases had been told by the trump admin to throw out data and report the wrong numbers

that all disappeared in the election noise but i somehow doubt they suddenly turned that policy around

it's going to be amusing how effortlessly fox news will slide from "covid? what covid?" to "HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS DEAD UNDER DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

idk if the dems have the political will for it but i'd bet a nickel that they take a run at the CDA either legislatively or through rulemaking and strip safe harbor protections from social media because they're never gonna win a fuckin election again without being able to crack down on misinfo/disinfo

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I could've sworn they were told to stop reporting numbers in like...July?
https://www.axios.com/white-house-tells-hospitals-to-bypass-cdc-on-coronavirus-data-c34776b3-2797-447e-a926-bcfcb254cd05.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

perhaps we should just switch to a universal ranked-choice ballot with proportional representation, or even a parliamentary system, and let election "strategies" be a thing of the past

could have been; we have all come unstuck in time

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1328407136574042114

like literally every one of these loving ghouls understands that it's all a grift and a game, none of them believe any of the poo poo that they're saying. the only people who think its real are the dumbasses emptying out their pocketbooks. how can you possibly have a functioning society when tens of millions of people look at evidence right before their eyes and say "nah thats fake"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

is the bob woodward book any good?

i don't think i'll read it anyway but curious

i read some of fear, but I couldn't get into the writing style. it felt too novelized, I suppose. I'd read it after reading bad blood and I think I expected a more factual start that eased into reconstructed conversations, not starting in that realm, or maybe dipped into them like how the smartest guys in the room does

maybe that's partly from it being published in the moment, while those other two are post mortem. I haven't read any of woodwards other books so I'm not sure if that's even his normal style

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

idk if the dems have the political will for it but i'd bet a nickel that they take a run at the CDA either legislatively or through rulemaking and strip safe harbor protections from social media because they're never gonna win a fuckin election again without being able to crack down on misinfo/disinfo

lol why do you think jack and the zuck are coming down so hard (relatively) on trump right now? they're cozying right up to the dems to forestall this

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

A 330m-strong United States loses about 7800 people a day, give or take, from expected causes.

They can throw the numbers out but they won't be able to hide the excess deaths forever no matter how they label them.

Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1328407136574042114

like literally every one of these loving ghouls understands that it's all a grift and a game, none of them believe any of the poo poo that they're saying. the only people who think its real are the dumbasses emptying out their pocketbooks. how can you possibly have a functioning society when tens of millions of people look at evidence right before their eyes and say "nah thats fake"

*looks around*

you can't, OP

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Oneiros posted:

lol why do you think jack and the zuck are coming down so hard (relatively) on trump right now? they're cozying right up to the dems to forestall this

i don't necessarily know if its gonna work. guess we'll see who has deeper pockets, zuck or comcast

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

A 330m-strong United States loses about 7800 people a day, give or take, from expected causes.

They can throw the numbers out but they won't be able to hide the excess deaths forever no matter how they label them.

by the time the full impact of the 'rona is known, years from now, everyone responsible will have moved on. no one will be held accountable.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

a physician in my city tweeted morgue drawers are getting doubled up with bodies. things dont seem good.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

barkbell posted:

a physician in my city tweeted morgue drawers are getting doubled up with bodies. things dont seem good.

near el paso, texas?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
we saw in wuhan in jan and italy in march that once your icu units are full mortality for hospitalized cases can climb to 7-10%, pushing the overall case mortality rate up above 2%. that's already started happening in specific places like el paso and the sturgis plaguelands, and i expect it to become the norm in a few more weeks, and pretty much universal by the end of the year. so we'll be looking at 5k+ dead per day.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The_Franz posted:

and of course the shitlibs went from loathing to loving bolton because he wrote a book ripping on trump. a book which he wrote because he was speeding to the white house with a massive boner over finally being able to bomb iran after they shot down that drone, only to be left with blueballs after trump wouldn't sign off on his plan because it went way beyond an appropriate proportional response

libs are loathsome creatures. lets not forget libs re-habilitated george bush and loving Robert Mueller. the amount of liberals cheering on this lifelong republican, an architect of getting us into the Iraq war and testifying that they definitely 100% totally have WMDS we have to go in now, is going to be the guy that loving undoes trump? lmao come loving on. it was a giant wet fart as expected and mueller did absolutely nothing.

Sagebrush posted:

i recall a year or so ago seeing someone link a snopes article to refute some right-wing conspiracy theory, and the chuds immediately responded that snopes is part of the left wing fake news and is run by SJW clintonistas and don't you know you can't trust garbage sites like that.

it shouldn't surprise me at this stage but i am still impressed by the chud brain capacity to just reject reality when it doesn't align with their beliefs. zero self-reflection, zero cognitive dissonance. the totally apolitical fact-checking site says my guy lied? no he didn't. this must be the work of george soros

all the conservatives I know turned on snopes over 12 years ago when snopes said "obama birth certificate real and this is a fake conspiracy" and that was that. end of using snopes forever because they're part of the soros liberal fakenews.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just for my own edification i like to come back to that poo poo with "well if soros is rich enough that he can pull strings, he deserves to" and "i like candidates that are rich enough to rig an election, sucks that trump seems to be broke and couldn't buy the win when the chips were down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

just for my own edification i like to come back to that poo poo with "well if soros is rich enough that he can pull strings, he deserves to" and "i like candidates that are rich enough to rig an election, sucks that trump seems to be broke and couldn't buy the win when the chips were down"

i saw a sticker in a bathroom bar that was half torn off. it read "farmers are welfare queens."