Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of the three biggest welfare queens in American society, along with oil workers and soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i don't know much about soros, but how he made most of his fortune is pretty funny; basically he shorted the pound, did a margin call on the bank of england and caught them without sufficient funds. he broke the bank of england

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1328203150130618369

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

polyester concept posted:

oopsie forgot to log into my alt

the story behind this is way weirder and more confusing. the dude apparently exists, or he got a black gay dude who may or may not be patti labelle’s son to record a video saying it was his tweet

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

mediaphage posted:

the story behind this is way weirder and more confusing. the dude apparently exists, or he got a black gay dude who may or may not be patti labelle’s son to record a video saying it was his tweet

hmm; obviously someone caught in a lie wouldn't just lie more? that seems much less likely than a black friend of the old republican white guy tweeting from their account for some strange reason. oldclam's shillelagh or something

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Broken Machine posted:

hmm; obviously someone caught in a lie wouldn't just lie more? that seems much less likely than a black friend of the old republican white guy tweeting from their account for some strange reason. oldclam's shillelagh or something

I’m not even joking though, there’s a video of the supposed black gay guy in question saying it was his message. the whole thing is absolutely bizarre

https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1326305968465043458

with that said I 100% thought this was some kind of deep fake at first

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

ok but why wouldn't you think the guy just found a black guy to go along with his bullshit story, instead of believing it to be truthful? it could be the truth but it doesn't seem too likely, especially if they took it down

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1328319845012824065

It's going to be wonderful dealing with these completely deprogramable psychos in the upcoming years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.dw.com/en/poland-and-hungary-veto-eu-budget-plan/a-55618272

News
Poland and Hungary veto EU budget plan

The two countries have followed through on their threat to block spending plans through to 2027. The EU needs a unanimous vote from all 27 members in order to pass the budget and coronavirus economic recovery fund.

thanks fascists

thascists

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's going to be wonderful dealing with these completely deprogramable psychos in the upcoming years.

loving owned. get the gently caress out

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Oh lucky me; I get to spend two days in the hospital in about two weeks with this COVID surge as a backdrop. I'm wondering if COVID gets really bad that they may cancel the procedure that I've been waiting ~1 year to get.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
So how do Akira, the 2020 olympics and COVID-19's ability to create giant mutant cells by fusing cells together interact in this timeline?

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
well, the procedure I'm getting is literally gene therapy so maybe if something goes horribly wrong I'll get Tetsuo'd

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hunter2 Thompson posted:

Oh lucky me; I get to spend two days in the hospital in about two weeks with this COVID surge as a backdrop. I'm wondering if COVID gets really bad that they may cancel the procedure that I've been waiting ~1 year to get.

Is it "elective" because it'll get bumped down the road most likely.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

spankmeister posted:

Is it "elective" because it'll get bumped down the road most likely.

yes, it's elective by nearly any measure

guess I may have to wait a while

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my dad didn't take it seriously before he got to the hospital, but it sobered him right the gently caress up. the only thing he remembers from the icu is all the people dying each day including some people he knew personally. he told me that no one else that got vented around the same time he did made it. he's the only one that came up.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

echinopsis posted:

the ONLY thing that matters to most rePUBElicans is abortion. that’s why they’ll never “fix” that because then their platform has no actual differentiation

You might be underestimating them here. Even if republicans did manage to make every single permutation of abortion illegal, including first term, medical, rape or incest, etc., it still wouldn't matter, politicians and pundits would still push it 100% as a wedge issue. The dialog wouldn't even change, Democrats still want to kill babies, and if they're in charge, they will undo all our progress and resume murdering tens of millions of babies a year.

This is already how they treat gun control. You can't vote in a democrat because then they would take away your guns. Even if they promise not to take away your guns they are just lying. There's no room for middle ground or good faith arguments

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

also all democrats want to completely open the borders and let everyone in

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Mr. Nice! posted:

my dad didn't take it seriously before he got to the hospital, but it sobered him right the gently caress up. the only thing he remembers from the icu is all the people dying each day including some people he knew personally. he told me that no one else that got vented around the same time he did made it. he's the only one that came up.

cool. glad to hear he’s regained consciousness.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

can someone dig up the big obama fan fiction where he stand the guy in the neck with a needle, immunizing him to rotavirus or something?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i will never forget the line "now you are immune to rubella"

quote:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol. i live that thing.

quote:

The Free Market gives me strength!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

yess ty

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

this and bitcoin cop are must reads every time. thank you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i can't find the goldmine thread. could someone post the one where obama gets taller and taller until he can reach to the moon, where the muslims live

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
lol where did that come from?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

lol where did that come from?

i think it came from lf

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

the one where obama gets taller and taller until he can reach to the moon, where the muslims live

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

i recall a year or so ago seeing someone link a snopes article to refute some right-wing conspiracy theory, and the chuds immediately responded that snopes is part of the left wing fake news and is run by SJW clintonistas and don't you know you can't trust garbage sites like that.

it shouldn't surprise me at this stage but i am still impressed by the chud brain capacity to just reject reality when it doesn't align with their beliefs. zero self-reflection, zero cognitive dissonance. the totally apolitical fact-checking site says my guy lied? no he didn't. this must be the work of george soros

well i wouldnt really trust snopes too much on political stuff either. remember this?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

well then, case closed!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

well i wouldnt really trust snopes too much on political stuff either. remember this?

lmfao

"well since we can't literally read minds and there's no overt policy of hiding racism,"

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Captain Foo posted:

why the gently caress would you use this emote

is this all you do as mod or what? if you don't like the emote then get rid of it instead of yelling at people for posting

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

i can't find the goldmine thread. could someone post the one where obama gets taller and taller until he can reach to the moon, where the muslims live

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm not into anime at all but Akira is a cross-cultural treasure (that I am watching currently, thanks Hulu) and anyone who gives a gently caress about film should watch it regardless of their biases.

It's absolutely stunning.

I’d put Satoshi Kon’s body of work up there too, along with the original “Ghost in the Shell” and “Megazone 23” (which was what Hollywood would copy from before GitS and Akira; the Wachowskis copied from all)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

eschaton posted:

I'd put Satoshi Kon's body of work up there too

yeah perfect blue is my all time favorite japanese movie, live action or animated and paprika is really good too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

just for my own edification i like to come back to that poo poo with "well if soros is rich enough that he can pull strings, he deserves to" and "i like candidates that are rich enough to rig an election, sucks that trump seems to be broke and couldn't buy the win when the chips were down"

lol

Roosevelt posted:

i saw a sticker in a bathroom bar that was half torn off. it read "farmers are welfare queens."

loool drat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Roosevelt posted:

i saw a sticker in a bathroom bar that was half torn off. it read "farmers are welfare queens."

i saw a guy putting up infowars stickers along the running trail around the lake one time, and i just followed him and tore them off and put them in the trash for an hr.

threw away like 30 or so infowars stickers from public infrastructure and felt great when he got in his truck and i could finally go on my run.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol Pete evans got murked for posting a meme on Instagram with a sonnegrad

literally everyone dropped the gently caress

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Clockwerk posted:

You might be underestimating them here. Even if republicans did manage to make every single permutation of abortion illegal, including first term, medical, rape or incest, etc., it still wouldn't matter, politicians and pundits would still push it 100% as a wedge issue. The dialog wouldn't even change, Democrats still want to kill babies, and if they're in charge, they will undo all our progress and resume murdering tens of millions of babies a year.

This is already how they treat gun control. You can't vote in a democrat because then they would take away your guns. Even if they promise not to take away your guns they are just lying. There's no room for middle ground or good faith arguments
the dems that exist in gop nightmares are so much cooler than the real ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i saw a guy putting up infowars stickers along the running trail around the lake one time, and i just followed him and tore them off and put them in the trash for an hr.

threw away like 30 or so infowars stickers from public infrastructure and felt great when he got in his truck and i could finally go on my run.

the dude must have been getting paid to do that. no one would do that poo poo for free...

right?!