Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok because 4 people in a row mentioned me as looking scummy and the last two voted and the last in particular with bad reasoning. I guess I should have just ignored it and in fact I ignored the first three but SNG felt like a late arriving bullshit post and therefore I engaged him on it.

I won't mention it again today to make everyone happy.

I'm experienced enough scum to not worry about anything that happens early in the game day the last thing I would do is worry about it and over react at -10 with days to go smh

Hal... I was your second vote today? The one you absolutely didn’t ignore?

The next two came after? When you began reacting scummy as hell

Uhhhhh.

Did you not read the posts you are so mad at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry next one, you only had three votes

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mafia edit, you mean including D1 never mind, withdrawn.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree completely with SNG’s characterization of those early votes as some pressure votes. I really wanted to see how Hal would react.

Honestly, I think he’s reacting relatively badly, but it’s super meta-contextual. I just always picture Hal as a very reserved, restrained individual and here he seems to be a lot more emotional about a couple votes early in the day.

I don’t think SNG looks bad here, we are pretty on-the-same-page (what else is new).

Also don’t really understand why I’m getting flak for the Rarity lunch. I said all day I didn’t really see the case, late in the day Bif posted a reasonable case, and I could spend the last 3-4 hours trying to push the lunch somewhere else, continue pushing against the Rarity lunch, or just disappear. I’d rather have had the lunch, I don’t feel bad for my vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly though there is a whole slew of people who haven’t really posted much of anything yet:

Chic
Ceyton
Chaoslord
GG
IA
IP
Rhjamiz (has this person said anything yet?)
Squiggly (I know he started talking seriously at the eod yesterday but he spent a portion of it being obfuscating)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ceyton posted:

Steak seems like he genuinely thought Rarity was town but then got convinced by Bif's case.

However, this:

is making me go :thunk:

There was no other reasonable option EOD and d1 noexecute is real bad. Nothing wrong with that vote.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I was about to argue but then I found this

Sandwolf posted:

I asked for a three bullet point case on Rarity and no one responded on it. I have seen nothing in Rarity's posting that makes me think they're scum, nothing that makes me think they're town, but I am waiting for someone to try to actually convince me instead of just keep saying 'Rarity is scummy' and reposting some weird interaction with Hal early on.

which makes me feel a little better.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CCKeane posted:

So reading DGK2000 I am assuming the Mills post was a joke, but boy this line feels manufactured in a lab by the top topiary scientists (because they're masters of hedging.)

The mills vote was a joke, mister. I am very out of my depth in big games like this.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hal Incandenza posted:

On a 737, seat 7A.

Soon to be Kansas City, Hilton hotel by the airport

I live in Kansas City. You are coming to my city.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly though there is a whole slew of people who haven’t really posted much of anything yet:

Chic
Ceyton
Chaoslord
GG
IA
IP
Squiggly (I know he started talking seriously at the eod yesterday but he spent a portion of it being obfuscating)

Absolutely outraged that I'm not on the list.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

drat the pandemic, we could've had a real Hal and Sal connection :-(

We could all sit 10 feet apart, and bring DeadCow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I didn't feel like Hal was scum but boy, Hal reacted like scum with the start of this day phase.

Hi are you playing lurking scum again like you did when we were teammates?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Absolutely outraged that I'm not on the list.

What do you mean Keane you are rightfully prodding the notorious lurker Hal, who has still yet to post today..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

rt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

Chic
Ceyton
Chaoslord
GG
IA
IP

I posted a lot, especially for me, and taste has fewer posts than more than half this list

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

b-minus1 posted:

This is your first non jokephase post and oh man it is a terrible one. “Amni defense cavalry” tells me you think amni is scum yet you voted sandwolf

Yeah I’m gonna ##vote gumball

b-minus1 posted:

Ok so gumball isn’t gonna happen. I’ve nailed him as scum before. he lurked until he was called out,and suddenly became active when he was in danger of being lunched. Lets not get to that point

More legitimate bus than the one on Hal IMO

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

I posted a lot, especially for me, and taste has fewer posts than more than half this list

alright well who do you think is scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ceyton posted:

More legitimate bus than the one on Hal IMO

see that reads more like a legit push, one that he can come back to as frequently as necessary for the rest of the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

alright well who do you think is scum

B+ and Mills

I don't really feel the Hal push.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DGK2000 posted:

Nah, day 1 just coincided with the end of my vacation so I spent a lot of time eating edibles instead of posting.

Sandwolf posted:

see that reads more like a legit push, one that he can come back to as frequently as necessary for the rest of the game

It's this one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

B+ and Mills

I don't really feel the Hal push.

s'cuse???

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about that post please elaborate

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

They're A) dead, and B) confirmed scum.

Telling people they're your top picks for scum tells us nothing at all.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

who do you think, of the alive players who's alignment is not commonly known, is scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhjamiz posted:

hey while you're here why don't you tell us who you think is scum too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rhjamiz posted:

Hi Rhjamiz, nice of you to join us. Not posting has the same effect.

Sandwolf posted:

who do you think, of the alive players who's alignment is not commonly known, is scum?

It just felt like a town slapfight to me today so far tbh. A lot of the day was spent around Rarity (confirmed town) and Amnistar (confirmed town) going back and forth so I think I would focus on people who lurked all day and didn't contribute. The low post count crew is obvious but I would probably start with Sal, who might have posted enough to not be targeted as a lurker if you just look at post counts but has absolutely zero content relevant to the game in them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A lot of day one* was spent around Rarity/Amni

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm kind of wondering about Bif's claim and how it relates to the case against Grandi now.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Hi Rhjamiz, nice of you to join us. Not posting has the same effect.

Maybe so, but it's a more honest profession.

Sandwolf posted:

hey while you're here why don't you tell us who you think is scum too

I don't like Squiggs and Ceyton feels like scum casting around for a town-case to make.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhjamiz posted:

I don't like Squiggs and Ceyton feels like scum casting around for a town-case to make.

I kinda see your point about Ceyton, but there was also no reason for him to go back into my post history and post a (somewhat) exculpatory statement from me

What don't you like about Squiggs?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

The low post count crew is obvious but I would probably start with Sal, who might have posted enough to not be targeted as a lurker if you just look at post counts but has absolutely zero content relevant to the game in them.

I dunno, this feels really weak. Sal kinda plays a bit more lowkey these days. He's not been particularly town, but I really don't get a vibe from him that he's posting enough to avoid a post count scan. If there were a lurker gun or something, maybe, but I don't see it here.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Some people were discussing kill flavor earlier after I stepped away. From what I recall of other games in this series by CPig, kill flavor does NOT always track to a particular alignment. Especially after a single night of results, I don’t think we should put a lot of stock in this yet.

I do, however, think it’s safe to assume that the flipped Elite Bodyguard was responsible for one of the two scum deaths.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

I dunno, this feels really weak. Sal kinda plays a bit more lowkey these days. He's not been particularly town, but I really don't get a vibe from him that he's posting enough to avoid a post count scan. If there were a lurker gun or something, maybe, but I don't see it here.

What's your vibe on his content

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Rhjamiz posted:

Squigs had a bit of a bland D1 by the standards I’m used to with him, but I’m not really suspicious of him at this juncture.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

What's your vibe on his content

pretty null from memory but I'll reread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

Hey Yami did anything happen to you last night?

this is maybe the only post Sal has really made with content in it (no offense Sal) but it's definitely..somethin'

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

What don't you like about Squiggs?

I think his case/vote for Rarity looks opportunistic in retrospect.

Also fuuuuuuck posting gimmicks that make it hard to read your arguments lol

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Well, Mills' post history is loving useless for figuring things out

Working through reads right now, will look through b- next to see if I can figure anything out, followed by Amni

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

Well, Mills' post history is loving useless for figuring things out

Working through reads right now, will look through b- next to see if I can figure anything out, followed by Amni

Keep in mind though Amni appears to not be the intended scum kill. That extra burning does sound like he got double-killed though, so probably an SK (or arsonist?!) was more specifically after him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

.....ok well that did not take long!!

looks like they were fishing for townie cred with Rarity. Don't think the Hal/Keane calls were buses, looking at the post it feels like they were probably names drawn more or less out of a hat. I've done the same thing as scum