Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The bonus is always there so even if your luck is terrible you'll still always get a featured 4* character every other drop.

Also yeah, standard banner gives you better odds at non-featured 4* characters but the pool is very large so if you are only aiming for one specific character the odds are still gonna be slim. That said we'll be getting a free Fischl from the current event soon so I'd say don't bother.

Well I’m actually shooting for the C2 which sounds pretty powerful, but also know it’s a long shot to get.

I don’t know I’d rather strengthen characters I have than getting new ones so standard seems more appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

theblackw0lf posted:

For the character banner, it says that there’s a 50 percent chance that when I get a four star it will be one of the ones on the banner, and if I don’t get it the next one is guaranteed. Is that only for the first pull, or is it always 50 percent?

It's always 50 percent.

quote:

And if so, then if I’m trying to get a character that’s not on the banner (like my C1 for Fischl) would I then be better off pulling on standard banner!

Technically yes, but man, that's not a great idea. There are 14 four-stars on the standard banner, and a 50% chance of getting weapons. This means that on average you'll get a Fischl every 28th four-star. So you can expect one around 200 pulls or so (but if you're unlucky, it's very possible to go over 1000 pulls without seeing her.)

The standard banner is just not a good place for your primogens. I'd really advise you to wait until Fischl is back on the menu.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

For the character banner, it says that there’s a 50 percent chance that when I get a four star it will be one of the ones on the banner, and if I don’t get it the next one is guaranteed. Is that only for the first pull, or is it always 50 percent?

And if so, then if I’m trying to get a character that’s not on the banner (like my C1 for Fischl) would I then be better off pulling on standard banner!
You've got a tiny chance of pulling any individual character, I think its like a 0.18% base chance per pull of getting any given 4* character before pity kicks in. The standard banner has a ton of crappy 4* weapons in the pool also that you're going to get at a 50/50 rate. The event banner has some weapons on it too but you get more characters on average because of the pity rate ups.

If you really want more Fischl you're better off just waiting for her rate up to come back around, unless you're really willing to whale for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus Christ, it's 10 levels below my Debate Club but this Prototype Animus is a behemoth. :stare:

I can't wait till we can finally make the actual Animus.

On that note, I'm posting this again so people see my UID if anyone wants to jump in and kick boss rear end for me because I don't know if I'll ever beat the Wolf on my own and seeing how dominating rank one Animus is, I wanna get more materials for it and get it up to rank 5. I somehow lucked into another prototype spear part so I could upgrade the Crescent Pike up once more if I felt like it.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 17, 2020

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It also wouldn't be shocking to see Fischl show up in Paimon's Bargain eventually.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 17, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Ashenai posted:

It's always 50 percent.

Technically yes, but man, that's not a great idea. There are 14 four-stars on the standard banner, and a 50% chance of getting weapons. This means that on average you'll get a Fischl every 28th four-star. So you can expect one around 200 pulls or so (but if you're unlucky, it's very possible to go over 1000 pulls without seeing her.)

The standard banner is just not a good place for your primogens. I'd really advise you to wait until Fischl is back on the menu.

Oh that’s true forgot about weapons

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Xingqiu can keep Hydro up on enemies faster than Diluc, Bennett, or even Klee, who does Pyro damage with every attack, can apply Pyro, meaning that they're always the ones triggering the reaction, and potentially triggering it fast. Especially for, again, Klee, since she has so many ways of triggering Vaporize. At least, that's what I think it's supposed to be.

Now if only there were a character who could keep Cryo up as well as Xingqiu can keep up Hydro; you'd see Klee go completely off the scales, since Melt is even more favorable for Pyro to trigger than Vaporize.

berenzen posted:

Vaporize and Melt scale way harder with crit/crit damage because of the fact that they're multiplier reactions, and crit/crit damage is basically how you build for the endgame. Xingqiu's burst attacks faster than Klee and Diluc' attacks do, so it's makes their damage do multiplicative damage. If there was a Xingqiu-style ult but was cryo instead of hydro, it would supplant Xingqiu in the tierlist because the multiplier suddenly becomes 2x instead of 1.5x. Electro doesn't have any multiplicative reactions, so overload and electrocharge fall off a little bit. XQ's ult also just does a shitload of damage by itself as well.

From a few pages back, but... not quite (see below). If I'm understanding the mechanics correctly, you actually do want your fire carry to be triggering the reactions. So I do agree with the notion that Vaporize/Melt is strong because it's another multiplier on top of crit/cdmg/pyro%.

However, Xingqiu turns out to be a great support for Diluc/Klee because water 'beats' fire (see below). For similar reasons, cryo support actually may not (necessarily) work as well for fire, because fire 'beats' ice.

Mailer posted:

It's just so weird. Like, I get Xingqui, and I get the rationale that Vaporize doesn't toss enemies like Overload does... but is a +50% Vaporize just shredding in a way Overload doesn't? There's a large fixation on Water/Fire at the top and I feel like I'm not getting some endgame hot tips here.

I don't blame you for not understanding why, because the mechanics around applying elements and elemental reactions are obtuse as gently caress. The best explanation I've found is this r/keqingmains translation of this Chinese theorycrafting video on Bilibili. It's an extremely dense read/watch, but here are the main points:

- There is no innate cooldowns for elemental reactions, however...
- Different abilities across different characters have different cooldowns on how often they can apply an elemental 'aura'. The cooldowns are also separate across different abilities for a single character. (For instance, Xingqiu E is one of the shortest, reapplying hydro once every ~2 seconds.)
- According to current theories, some abilities are implemented as applying separate auras 'under-the-hood'. This may make some aura applications appear to have shorter cooldowns. (Each hit of Diluc E appears to be a separate aura, so all three hits of E can trigger reactions. Another example is Fischl Oz, which triggers on hits 1, 5, 7, and 11. This can be explained by Oz having an aura cooldown of 4 hits, but that he's actually applying two separate sets of hits (one for hits 1-6, and another for hits 7-12).)
- There's also a concept of different abilities applying 'weak' vs. 'strong' auras. (The doc has a mistranslation here -- the video says the majority of skills are strong aura applications, but the video itself actually says the opposite; that it's mostly weak.)
- When applying and triggering reactions, Weak -> Weak, Weak -> Strong, and Strong -> Strong all consume the original element. However, Strong -> Weak keeps the original element on the enemy, but at a reduced duration.
- As if it's not complicated enough already, as mentioned above, water 'beats' fire, and fire 'beats' ice. This means that in all Vaporize and Melt reactions (regardless of which element initially applies vs. triggers), the fire/ice aura application always gets 'demoted' a level (so a strong fire/ice ability is demoted to weak, and a weak fire/ice is demoted to super-weak).

Ok that's all some dense-rear end poo poo and your eyes probably glazed over by the second point.

What this actually means, is that when you have Xingqiu apply water, then have Diluc/Klee trigger Vaporize, since water beats fire the Vaporize reaction does not remove the water element from the enemy. This actually has some number of benefits -- this ensures that, while water is still on the enemy, then Xingqiu/water cannot be the triggering element. Recall that Xingqiu E reapplies every 2 seconds; however you can proc multiple Vaporizes within a 1-second window off of the same, single instance of hydro.

So for Vaporize, while initially Water -> Fire seems like the 'weaker' direction with only a 150% multiplier, you're trading lower multipliers for the ability to trigger Vaporize more often. (Since water beats fire, all Fire -> Water reactions instantly remove fire from the enemy, which then you'd need to wait for the fire ability aura cooldown to reapply fire to the enemy.)

For the same reason Cryo -> Fire won't necessarily always beat out Water -> Fire. Using Fire as the trigger will immediately remove all Cryo applications from the enemy, so you'd have to wait out the Cryo ability's innate aura cooldown for it to reapply.

To conclude, for Diluc the Bilibili guy recommends cryo support while outside of his Q (i.e. no flaming sword) for higher Melt multipliers, and Xingqiu support within his Q window (flaming sword). This lets Diluc pull off E-auto-E for 3 back-to-back initial Vaporizes in a row. (Diluc Q aura cooldown has a cooldown of ~3 autos. Recall above that all abilities are on separate aura application cooldowns, and each Diluc E hit is its own separate application so they will always trigger.)

The funny thing here is that everyone knows by now that Xingqiu is 'top tier support'. But for as much as we've been making GBS threads on tier lists, I don't think most of us understand why he's top-tier (FWIW, I'm not confident I do, either).

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 17, 2020

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The best change in 1.1 is now you can move the camera while talking to NPCs like in Breath of the Wild. There are good landscapes to look at during dialogue, and it adds to the open feeling of the world subtly.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

facepalmolive posted:

The funny thing here is that everyone knows by now that Xingqiu is 'top tier support'. But for as much as we've been making GBS threads on tier lists, I don't think most of us understand why he's top-tier (FWIW, I'm not confident I do, either).

I don't mean to cut your post short, but it's appreciated because the numbers are extremely my thing. I'd already heard the theories about strong vs weak statuses. The tipping point that explained it most was that Vaporize and Melt scale with the stuff you're stacking (Crit and Atk%) whereas the Superconduct/Overload number scale with level that you can't really "stack". It's not so far-fetched that non-scaling abilities dominate the early game while scaling abilities take over late game, but that's just not explained in plain English in most videos.

I don't have the artifacts and sac sword to make XQ's ult come back fast currently but I'll definitely be giving him a shot in the future. The problem I had was outside Jinjinx's video having a large bias against Overload knockback (even if that's valid) it hasn't been explained anywhere. The short, short version is that Vaporize/Melt scale with your damage going up while Overload/Superconduct scale with damage you won't be stacking. It's a pretty simple concept that gets left out in the drive for youtube hits.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
But overloaded and electro-charged do scale with character level and scale much more with elemental mastery than vaporize/melt do. I dont think anyone knows the actual damage calculation for these so it's hard to judge.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought this was funny - genshin streamers got this mail today:

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

John Lee posted:

That all sounds rad as heck, so it's a drat shame that I have the Sacrificial Bow and the Favonius Warbow for [Childe].

I actually went and got the Prototype Crescent on the basis that he'd do well with a basic damage increase, but it sounds like i might be able to actually use the special effect on that (a big, brief damage buff when you get a headshot)?

(I'm thinking of getting the battle pass bow for him, since sucking the enemies into a small area with Riptide sounds fab as hell)

From a page back but this is my exact situation. Trying to figure out whether it's worth the :10bux: to get the BP bow since apparently it's good on him. Feels weird to be paying $10 for a bow but I suppose you get a bunch of other stuff with that and there's no realistic chance that I'll get Rust or Skyward Harp.

Oh well, got to get BP to level 30 first, which will take some time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The BP is the second best thing you can spend money on in the game. The resources you get far outweigh the 9 blue weapons and 4* character/gear you'll get from a $25 dollar pull.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The BP is totally worth it IMO.

It definitely helps keep me playing more since I have objectives to complete for the day / week.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

From a page back but this is my exact situation. Trying to figure out whether it's worth the :10bux: to get the BP bow since apparently it's good on him. Feels weird to be paying $10 for a bow but I suppose you get a bunch of other stuff with that and there's no realistic chance that I'll get Rust or Skyward Harp.

Oh well, got to get BP to level 30 first, which will take some time.
Think of it as buying 9 pulls alongside a bunch of other free stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the mora/exp/weapon exp are definitely why i like the BP even if i wouldn't otherwise pay money just for those. they've really conned me with the idea of "value" i guess

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So I pulled "The Flute", it's a 4* sword. It mentions I get an aoe attack on 5 stacks (1 stack on normal or charged, every 0.5 secs) and each stack lasts 30s. Does proccing the aoe remove all the stacks and I build them up again or do I have to wait for the stacks to expire before I can get the proc again? I'm probably gonna put it on Jean regardless since it Atk% substat but I was curious how it works.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

they blow up on 5 and you reaccumulate em. the timing on jean is a bit weird cuz her full combo hits too fast to blow up on the last hit but whatever its good. i mean thats prolly true for all sworders.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
AoE removes the harmonics and you can start building them up again immediately.

It's an extremely strong weapon! Competitive with 5*s.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Vargs posted:

Diluc could do 10x the damage he currently does and I would still throw him in the trash can. He has absolutely nothing interesting going on mechanically which is by far the most important thing for a carry that you spend most of your time on imo.

This is why I'm always on about Beidou. I used Traveller and Xiangling as my main dps for a while and it was very ho-hum. When I decided to main Beidou the game became way more fun because combat became far more engaging with the counterattack.

I've started trying out Bennet/Diona/Beidou/Klee as my party and having access to superconduct and the atk boost ult is fantastic. There's also a sort of magic that comes from unloading Klee's EVERYTHING and having the screen BECOME FIRE for a while.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Am I screwing myself over by unlocking ever chest I see right now (WL2) vs saving them for later? What do I spend my anemo/geo sigils on?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Am I screwing myself over by unlocking ever chest I see right now (WL2) vs saving them for later? What do I spend my anemo/geo sigils on?

No difference, treasure chests content dont scale with world level

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What do I spend my anemo/geo sigils on?

Literally whatever you feel like. The shops don't restock and you will eventually end up buying out their entire stock (at which point you will be able to spend further Sigils on Mora and nothing else).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Geo slimes break my brain. They are immune to geo but their shields are weak to it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just use big sword element instead

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ashenai posted:

Literally whatever you feel like. The shops don't restock and you will eventually end up buying out their entire stock (at which point you will be able to spend further Sigils on Mora and nothing else).

Oh cool. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to buy everything or if I'd have to plan it with a spreadsheet.

e: For my Klee do I want ATK, ATK%, or Elemental Mastery? TBH I have no idea what Elemental Mastery is ie what it affects but my take is that elemental <--> fire and Klee throws fire so Elemental Mastery is good for Klee but I could be very wrong. Right now I have her with 2p Sojurner and 2p Beserker. The only thing that sucks is the flower artifact I use on her sucks (no ATK%) but there's no other good way for me to get the 2p Sojurner bonus without using it.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 17, 2020

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

kater posted:

Geo slimes break my brain. They are immune to geo but their shields are weak to it.

I just run from these fuckers at WL 5 tbh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Oh cool. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to buy everything or if I'd have to plan it with a spreadsheet.

e: For my Klee do I want ATK, ATK%, or Elemental Mastery? TBH I have no idea what Elemental Mastery is ie what it affects but my take is that elemental <--> fire and Klee throws fire so Elemental Mastery is good for Klee but I could be very wrong. Right now I have her with 2p Sojurner and 2p Beserker. The only thing that sucks is the flower artifact I use on her sucks (no ATK%) but there's no other good way for me to get the 2p Sojurner bonus without using it.
Elemental mastery is bad for klee - it's good for supports that will be triggering elemental reactions. The best carriers for it at the moment are IMO Xiangling and Fischl and Xingqiu in keqing comps (Sucrose wants it too but for a more specific reason). If you run Fischl with Klee, Klee will be creating lots of fire statuses and Fischl's bird will create overload reactions when you cast it. This overload reaction will scale with Fischl, and only Fischl's, level + Elemental Mastery score. The damage of the reaction is calculated by the level + elemental mastery score of the character that applies the second status.

The description of elemental mastery in the character details tab is somewhat detailed as to what exactly it does.

Klee wants pyro damage, crit rate, crit damage, and then ATK.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Elemental Mastery only affects the damage of elemental reactions. Basically when you see a word like "Melt" or "Overload" pop up, that is then affected by EM. It does nothing for normal, non-reactive elemental attacks. Also, only the EM of the character triggering the reaction (the one making the word pop up with their attack) matters.

So:
1) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro. Elemental Mastery doesn't do anything.
2) You hit a hilichurl with Barbara, making it Wet, then bomb it with Klee. Vaporize occurs. Klee's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Barbara's EM doesn't do anything.)
3) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro, then hit it with Barbara. Vaporize occurs. Barbara's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Klee's EM doesn't do anything.)

When choosing between ATK and ATK%, check your stats! You can easily see how much extra ATK a +ATK% artifact actually gives you.

You're still super early in the game and it doesn't really make too much sense to optimize artifacts yet, but the stat you want most is +Pyro DMG%.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 17, 2020

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Boris Galerkin posted:

Flowers always main hp and feathers always main flat atk. Atk% as a substat isn't huge especially if you have 2-3 other artifacts with atk% main. The atk% stat is additive across all sources (including having 2 pyros in party), so an extra 13% or whatever isn't huge.

I'd generally rather have
crit%/crit dmg/ hp%/ flat atk as my substats.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

atk% is better than atk, but they are both added effects that aren't that great. like your atk% boosts won't count artifact +atk, just your character and weapon atk. the most important artifact thing that isn't very obvious is getting a dmg% cup, so pyro for klee.

actually saying atk and atk% aren't great is misleading, they are good and important and you want them and your not cup/flower/feather should (probably) be atk%.

kater fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 17, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i was ambivalent about the collect the shards part of the event yesterday but after learning there are exactly 20 in each location its pretty fun to just comb it over and find em all and also i think its a neat opportunity to draw attention to lesser found treasures cuz ive gotten like 8 chests and have two more areas to do still.

apparantly there aren't 20 in today's locations lol.

kater fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 17, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
It's a fun event and I appreciate that it encourages exploration and traversal, because that's one of Genshin's biggest strengths.

Also I enjoy the hilichurls dancing around the fragments for some ungodly reason. Sorry hilichurls, I need that fragment more than you do. Presumably.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You want to look for ways to get out of ATK when possible. For your main attackers you'll want to find a way to build into crit eventually - you'll need to rely on either a weapon substat and/or great substats on artifacts (and/or ascension stats in the case of Keqing/Diluc) to be able to go into either crit rate or crit dmg for helmet. If you have no other crit rate or crit damage buffs go ATK on helmet for now.

For sands a lot of supports will want energy recharge and fewer will want elemental mastery. You will be stuck on ATK for a lot of characters here though.

Goblet should almost never be ATK late game, you want elemental damage or sometimes physical damage.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Elemental Mastery only affects the damage of elemental reactions. Basically when you see a word like "Melt" or "Overload" pop up, that is then affected by EM. It does nothing for normal, non-reactive elemental attacks. Also, only the EM of the character triggering the reaction (the one making the word pop up with their attack) matters.

So:
1) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro. Elemental Mastery doesn't do anything.
2) You hit a hilichurl with Barbara, making it Wet, then bomb it with Klee. Vaporize occurs. Klee's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Barbara's EM doesn't do anything.)
3) You bomb a hilichurl with Klee, doing damage and applying Pyro, then hit it with Barbara. Vaporize occurs. Barbara's EM enhances the Vaporize damage. (Klee's EM doesn't do anything.)

When choosing between ATK and ATK%, check your stats! You can easily see how much extra ATK a +ATK% artifact actually gives you.

You're still super early in the game and it doesn't really make too much sense to optimize artifacts yet, but the stat you want most is +Pyro DMG%.

Say I use Xiangling's Pyronado and swap to Tartaglia and use his melee stance/pop his burst. Does the EM get calculated differently based on which hit causes the Vaporize?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yes. But Tart procs a ton of hydro reactions so Xiangling will be the one vaporizing for most of the tornado (which is very good in this case, as Pyronado hits harder than Tart autos). The fact that Xiangling has EM as an ascension stat makes it even better - I think it's one of the strongest things you can do with Tart atm. I can pretty comfortably one-cycle both regisvines with Tartnado.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Can confirm that Xiangling ult with Tartaglia's melee attacks is absolutely bonkers damage. I almost one cycled AR45 stormterror with it (and I would have if I had an actual good bow on Tart instead of being stuck with compound bow)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Glazius posted:

Not to disagree with anything you said here, but sticking any element on Fatui Agents will get them to "seen while invisible" status - they'll be moving around as an outline of that elemental color. You'll be at your characters' mercy for where you actually swing at them, unless Lisa's E is up and you just hold it because dammit he's got to be in here somewhere.
Oz also tracks Agents flawlessly. He completely ignores that he isn't supposed to be able to see them.

What I meant for the mark was that Riptide puts a very obvious symbol on an enemy, which is much easier to see and aim at than the outline from Wet/Hydro status or any other element. The Riptide mark also lasts 18 seconds and, interestingly enough, persists even when an enemy leashes and resets. I'm not sure how this could be exploited, but maybe it can.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta say I appreciate this event pulling me to spots I wouldn't normally traverse, or approach them from odd angles I don't normally see. Even after all these hours ran across an ice covered chest and I legit can't remember running into one like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Mailer posted:

The tipping point that explained it most was that Vaporize and Melt scale with the stuff you're stacking (Crit and Atk%) whereas the Superconduct/Overload number scale with level that you can't really "stack". It's not so far-fetched that non-scaling abilities dominate the early game while scaling abilities take over late game, but that's just not explained in plain English in most videos.

I think I first learned about it in one of those elemental reactions infographic cheatsheets. But I'm also frustrated that most videos out there are either super baby stuff ('did you know when you mash two reactions together, it creates an ELEMENTAL REACTION?'), or extreme grognard-y theorycraft demos. Not as much to bridge the gap in the middle to explain mechanics for the rest of us. I guess Jinjinx would be closest?

It definitely seems like Overload is meant to be more of a 'utility' reaction (as Superconduct is), in that helps break shields and interrupts/knocks things back (though some would call this an anti-utility). So I think it makes sense that it was intended to do less damage than the pure DPS reactions.

No Wave posted:

But overloaded and electro-charged do scale with character level and scale much more with elemental mastery than vaporize/melt do. I dont think anyone knows the actual damage calculation for these so it's hard to judge.

Does Vaporize/Melt actually scale worse with EM? Or is it more that Overloaded/Electro-charged users prioritize stacking EM because that's the *only* thing that scales their damage, whereas you can prioritize other, better stats to scale the base hit on Vaporize/Melt (in which case EM loses out because of opportunity cost)?

(I'm not saying it does scale worse, I'm genuinely asking.)

Boris Galerkin posted:

This is a very good video on early game gearing. He also explains a lot of mechanics and what different stats mean, to help you on your way to understanding how to evaluate your own gear later-game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDD9MSoAxEQ

But as others said in this thread, pyro% damage on cup, atk% (or maaaybe crit chance), atk% on sands. Flowers are always flat HP and feathers are always flat ATK, so don't worry about that.

Don't worry about set bonuses for now, because often times if you're using a non-attack piece just to fulfill a 2pc bonus, the bonus is often times worse than if you'd just gotten a good main stat instead.