Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

facepalmolive posted:

Does Vaporize/Melt actually scale worse with EM? Or is it more that Overloaded/Electro-charged users prioritize stacking EM because that's the *only* thing that scales their damage, whereas you can prioritize other, better stats to scale the base hit on Vaporize/Melt (in which case EM loses out because of opportunity cost)?

(I'm not saying it does scale worse, I'm genuinely asking.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is the mining BP daily acting weird for anyone else? Two days in a row, I'm randomly getting it completed, despite very much not popping enough rocks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

inthesto posted:

Is the mining BP daily acting weird for anyone else? Two days in a row, I'm randomly getting it completed, despite very much not popping enough rocks.

It counts any method of receiving rocks, so it is likely from your expeditions.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ah, that never occurred to me. That has to be new in 1.1, right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Been that way for a while

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

inthesto posted:

Ah, that never occurred to me. That has to be new in 1.1, right?

Nope, has been like that since launch as far as I can recall, I can probably count the times I actually completed that daily from mining on one hand.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

frajaq posted:

I just run from these fuckers at WL 5 tbh

i have no idea why i fight anything i have 875 slime condensate.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

i have no idea why i fight anything i have 875 slime condensate.

I keep telling myself maybe we'll get a 5:1 turn in one day or something and it might be useful. More berries? Yes, thank you.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I've been skipping a lot of fights while gathering shards. Why should I kill this hilichurl who came to check out what fell from the sky?

I feel like that's one of the weaknesses with a lot of open world games. Sometimes I just want to chill and explore and not get in a fight.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The BP is the second best thing you can spend money on in the game. The resources you get far outweigh the 9 blue weapons and 4* character/gear you'll get from a $25 dollar pull.

Second? I'd probably rank the BP higher than the blessing just because of the amount of saved time represented by the huge amount of money/materials you get.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's second purely in terms of primogems/intertwined fate. BP is ~1500 worth of primogems, welkin is ~3000 worth of primogems. The resin value of the BP is higher but per dollar I think welkin still wins even on resin (calculating 50 primos for 60 resin) on a per dollar basis.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait... is it not 20 meteorites per area? Only finding 19 in Dadaupa Gorge.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Wait... is it not 20 meteorites per area? Only finding 19 in Dadaupa Gorge.

afaik the first days areas were 21/20/19 each, so it's not a consistent number

there should be player-made maps with each location marked to count/compare, and following one shouldn't leave much room for error

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

dogsicle posted:

afaik the first days areas were 21/20/19 each, so it's not a consistent number

there should be player-made maps with each location marked to count/compare, and following one shouldn't leave much room for error

Yeah but I was enjoying the exploration/discovery and the 20-count let me know I was done.

Okay, if I mathed right you can get 162 after day 1 (counting quests) and 218 total after day 2.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 17, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also, all the wandering around for meteorites has led me to enough chests that I have the full Mondstadt achievement!

...naturally that's the one whose rep I was farming to get up to the chest detector. Get to switch gears next week!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mondstadt is imo still better to farm for the portable teleporter. I never want to climb that stupid wall at Stone Gate ever again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ElMudo posted:

I've been skipping a lot of fights while gathering shards. Why should I kill this hilichurl who came to check out what fell from the sky?

I feel like that's one of the weaknesses with a lot of open world games. Sometimes I just want to chill and explore and not get in a fight.

I’m not 100% sure they even drop anything either. I’ve been paying attention and I swear I haven’t seen a drop from any of the ones around the shards.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the star gazers def don't drop anything. mages should always drop something and the one or two who are staring at the thing don't.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is there a point to pick up any more of the shards once you've got 20?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Squiddycat posted:

To buy stuff from the shop.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

each shard is 10k mora!

maybe actually 500 mora! depending on how cleared out the store gets.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Squiddycat posted:

7 in each area is the breakpoint to get primogems. After that, the only thing extra shards get you is more currency for the event shop, where you can trade them in for xp books or mora. Collecting all 20 meteorites from an area gives you enough mats to trade in for 5 Hero's Wit books which is about the same as you'd get from one 20-resin ley line at ar40-45.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

OK thanks. I was wondering why they were still showing on the map after I completed all the quests

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not 100% sure they even drop anything either. I’ve been paying attention and I swear I haven’t seen a drop from any of the ones around the shards.

I think it's because they're super low level, drops scale with monster level.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

kater posted:

each shard is 10k mora!

maybe actually 500 mora! depending on how cleared out the store gets.

Kind of a big difference there! I'm willing to hunt down stuff for 10k mora. That's a noticeable amount.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Found a precious chest above Liyue. Tucked on a tiny ledge between the SW teleporter and town, partway down (up) the mountain.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

Kind of a big difference there! I'm willing to hunt down stuff for 10k mora. That's a noticeable amount.

It's actually 10k mora per 4 shards.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Mondstadt is imo still better to farm for the portable teleporter. I never want to climb that stupid wall at Stone Gate ever again.

Their level 5 reward is better too. Quick-eating versus portable cookpot? No contest there.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm petty and totally doing full liyue reputation first because I want the treasure guide, namecard, and wings.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just wanted a compass and accidentally did all my stuff in Liyue the first week, so i'll get to Mondstadt in a couple weeks

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I missed the discussion of the magic crystals you can get. Do all they spawn everyday, and the blacksmith just points you at a certain amount of them or how does it work exactly? Haven't been farming them enough to figure it out.

Framboise posted:

I'm petty and totally doing full liyue reputation first because I want the treasure guide, namecard, and wings.

Yeah the wings are a good match for Klee/Diluc. Watch me glide so beautifully.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Elemental mastery is bad for klee - it's good for supports that will be triggering elemental reactions.
[...]
Klee wants pyro damage, crit rate, crit damage, and then ATK.

So I have Venti C0 (Anemo+EM+ATK+recharge), Diluc (Pyro+Crit+ATK), Fischl C6 (Electro+ATK+EM) and Barbara C6 (HP+HP+HP+HP). They all have the artifact sets (VV, witch, Thunderbird, healing). My backups / abyss team additions are Xiangling C3 (pyro+physical+ATK), Jean C0 (anemo+ATK+CRIT with BP sword), Mona C0 (hydro+ATK+EM), Bennet C1 (ATK+heals) and Diona C3 (EM/recharge).

My usual pattern is fire off Venti's ult to group guys, then drop the bird with fischl, then attack with Diluc. If I need to, I work in Barbara for wet, healing, or to buff Diluc with the tales catalyst. It feels to me based on all the various infodumps on reactions recently that I should be doing this differently but I thought I wanted to maximize the multiplication of Diluc's E and Q.

I guess I don't want to micro manage this but I would like to know if I'm doing anything dumb in terms of leaving huge chunks of damage on the table.

It also feels like water reactions are pretty important, I have C6 Xinqqui unlevelled, should I work him into a team or try to get Tartaglia or both? My abyss team is usually Jean/Diluc/Mona/Barbara and Venti/Xiangling/Fischl/Bennet.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tsyni posted:

I missed the discussion of the magic crystals you can get. Do all they spawn everyday, and the blacksmith just points you at a certain amount of them or how does it work exactly? Haven't been farming them enough to figure it out.
They just added magic crystal deposits next to all the existing regular crystal deposits, and they seem to respawn at the same rate. The blacksmith just marks them on your map, but if you already had them marked you don't need to talk to him.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The new event gives 40 crystals per 20 resin so that's like getting 10 hero's writs or 100k mora from a leyline.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can condensed resin be used for the event?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm starting to regret putting resources into levelling up Chongyun. He helped me get through the first 2 team abyss floor since I didn't have a good B team dps option at the time, but now he's become a waste of a team slot since his attacks become an active hinderance to so many other characters and he doesn't seem do enough damage to offset that.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Mr Snips posted:

I'm starting to regret putting resources into levelling up Chongyun. He helped me get through the first 2 team abyss floor since I didn't have a good B team dps option at the time, but now he's become a waste of a team slot since his attacks become an active hinderance to so many other characters and he doesn't seem do enough damage to offset that.

I mean games been out for less than 2 months. I want everyone at 90 with max talents and sick artifacts someday so dump into who is fun or good now. Its never a waste unless it's amber or Lisa!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Mr Snips posted:

If Chongyun is your main dps for team b, you are supposed to build around his abilities: https://www.reddit.com/r/PopsicleMains/comments/jv3ae6/switching_from_instructor_set_to_vv_set_for/. Otherwise using him as a support is generally a bad idea unless you just need his ult and/or converting your autoattacks into ice is not bad for you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Araganzar posted:

So I have Venti C0 (Anemo+EM+ATK+recharge), Diluc (Pyro+Crit+ATK), Fischl C6 (Electro+ATK+EM) and Barbara C6 (HP+HP+HP+HP). They all have the artifact sets (VV, witch, Thunderbird, healing). My backups / abyss team additions are Xiangling C3 (pyro+physical+ATK), Jean C0 (anemo+ATK+CRIT with BP sword), Mona C0 (hydro+ATK+EM), Bennet C1 (ATK+heals) and Diona C3 (EM/recharge).

My usual pattern is fire off Venti's ult to group guys, then drop the bird with fischl, then attack with Diluc. If I need to, I work in Barbara for wet, healing, or to buff Diluc with the tales catalyst. It feels to me based on all the various infodumps on reactions recently that I should be doing this differently but I thought I wanted to maximize the multiplication of Diluc's E and Q.

I guess I don't want to micro manage this but I would like to know if I'm doing anything dumb in terms of leaving huge chunks of damage on the table.

It also feels like water reactions are pretty important, I have C6 Xinqqui unlevelled, should I work him into a team or try to get Tartaglia or both? My abyss team is usually Jean/Diluc/Mona/Barbara and Venti/Xiangling/Fischl/Bennet.
You want diluc to be the second attacker when he's attacking water or ice, and with diluc E + Mona it's realistic. So yeah EM on him would be beneficial in that case.

I think Klee throws too many bombs and her Q will apply fire to everyone too reliably be the trigger for reactions though. I'm not a diluc/klee expert though (as I own neither) so any corrections are welcome.

EDIT: Thinking about it I'm just wrong, you probably want EM on Klee if you're running hydro period and you definitely want some on her in floor 12 regardless. Idk if it's worth a set piece though because what % of her attacks will be setting off reactions. Like if 80% of klee's damage is melting you'd want an EM piece, but if only 10% is melting ATK is probably better. Game hard.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I mean games been out for less than 2 months. I want everyone at 90 with max talents and sick artifacts someday so dump into who is fun or good now. Its never a waste unless it's amber or Lisa!

Yeah I know it's not the end of the world, and since I bought the BP last time I have plenty of xp books and mora to level up other characters, but it's a bit disappointing to be unable to find a place for him now even though he's a higher level than the supports in my main team