Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Squiggly posted:

I really hate to do this, but I'm gonna have to drop my schtick completely or I'll never post. Lot more time to post from my phone than from a computer, and I don't have the tech skills to make a font from the zombie smilies

Maybe I should have just committed and died d1 for annoying people :iiam:

If it makes you feel better, in my heart you're posting zombie stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Squiggly posted:

Anyone can say it. I don't find sandwolf particularly scummy this game so it's not necessary for him to answer, I'm simply curious if anyone else picked up on it

I think it's....Rhjamiz!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if he died in a freak fried rice accident, I hope he's ok.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Squiggly I was thinking IP in response to your question

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's....Rhjamiz!

Though Rhjamiz has been bad too

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's....Rhjamiz!

Oh drat, that's a good point. Can't believe I glossed over him.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Also, thank you for normalposting Squiggs :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ceyton posted:

Oh drat, that's a good point. Can't believe I glossed over him.

That's why lurkers lurk! I'm glad Sal actually joined the game today, hopefully there's more coming.

Ceyton posted:

Also, thank you for normalposting Squiggs :)

:agreed:

Sandwolf posted:

@Squiggly I was thinking IP in response to your question

you wound me, SandPooBear

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What about Taste?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CCKeane posted:

If it makes you feel better, in my heart you're posting zombie stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's....Rhjamiz!

loving nailed it, follow up post with reasons incoming

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No offense IP I got a somewhat townie vibe from you but you still haven’t posted many reads or feelings

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Rhjamiz had the only vote on me that I would consider a joke vote:

Rhjamiz posted:

If squigs is a zombie, then reviving him would kill him. So clearly, we need to kill him to revive him.

##vote Squiggy

Every other vote was clear annoyance (everyone but Hal) or actually calling me scum (literally just Hal). So I dismissed this vote completely, and didn't judge one way or the other. Except when asked who he found scummy earlier today, he responded with:

Rhjamiz posted:

Maybe so, but it's a more honest profession.

I don't like Squiggs and Ceyton feels like scum casting around for a town-case to make.

Rhjamiz posted:

I think his case/vote for Rarity looks opportunistic in retrospect.

Also fuuuuuuck posting gimmicks that make it hard to read your arguments lol

So he's qualifying his supposed joke vote, the vote he ended d1 with, as an actual vote. For reasons he didn't call out on d1 when they were potentially applicable

I think there are two reasons to follow up a d1 vote with further d2 suspicions

1.) tunneling - this is usually a townie motivation, but if he were actually tunneling he would have dropped a vote on me ez peezy

2.) the less people you make judgment calls on, the less your flip matters. This is almost assuredly a scum motivation

Why not drop a vote on me? Looks like he's just waiting for the clear vote leader to emerge and drop a deadline vote

Bonus scum post:

Rhjamiz posted:

Honestly D1 seems like a mandatory re-read now. Probably later tonight while I'm making fried rice.

The re-read that never comes :laugh:

##vote rhjamiz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aw man I did notice Jammiez lurking but thought, if he's lurking cause he got the arsonist or something that'd be so hilarious I wouldn't wanna spoil his fun

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw man I did notice Jammiez lurking but thought, if he's lurking cause he got the arsonist or something that'd be so hilarious I wouldn't wanna spoil his fun

If I can't have fun no one can

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s pretty good Squigs, I’d do Jamiz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

If I can't have fun no one can

Being set on fire is more fun than individual zombie letter posts!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

why tell the replacement not to read day 1?

Becuase it was like 20k posts and I was annoyed at the volume. So I let my frustrations spill over a bit. But also, I know, that when I get serious, when we are down to 12ish people, I probably won't reread earlier poo poo due to post volume and I don't want to feel bad about it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Feeling real bad about Ceyton now though, how many games has he played?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Feeling real bad about Ceyton now though, how many games has he played?

His 3rd game. Hmmmm. New, or scum and new?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

That's an actual decent case, and Rhjamiz is one of the worst lurkers. You win, Squiggs.

##vote Rhjamiz

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

His 3rd game. Hmmmm. New, or scum and new?

Why do you think I'm scum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who is.

Scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Who is.

Scum

You tell us!!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ceyton posted:

I'd be down to launch a lurker (LAL) or gank a gimmick (GAG) today.

My top picks would be taste (literal zero content + lazy bandwagon vote on Rarity) or GG (9 total posts, very low content, posting elsewhere but not here).

Chaoslord is acceptable. He's not the worst from a low-content perspective, he's even made an actual effort post or two, but there are also legit points on him that aren't just about lurking. So I'm comfortable dropping my vote here.

##vote chaos

Ceyton posted:

That's an actual decent case, and Rhjamiz is one of the worst lurkers. You win, Squiggs.

##vote Rhjamiz

These two posts feel like someone who is looking for an easy place to park a vote, going after the lurker contingent is something that anyone can do and not be called out for because it will overall raise the state of the game, but the way you are leaning into it feels scummy.

The stuff where you call out me, then realize you misread me and then bring up suspicion of me again feels like you told yourself I was a good choice, forgot why, and that you undercut one of your own pillars, then came back to me later. Like your read is fabricated rather than rooted in reality.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Aside from a lurker vote, what’s the case on Chaos? For the most part I keep forgetting half the player base is even playing, the lurkers are so strong.

I’m happy to sit on my Keane vote, they are a lurker to, but for the reasons given earlier what little they have posted has lit my scum radar like a Christmas tree.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Who is.

Scum

Chaoslord possibly, Rhamjiz or whatever maybe, other people probably

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

You tell us!!

It would be irresponsible to say without the requisite foundational review

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Chaoslord possibly, Rhamjiz or whatever maybe, other people probably

Hmm, what about u

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Aside from a lurker vote, what’s the case on Chaos? For the most part I keep forgetting half the player base is even playing, the lurkers are so strong.

I’m happy to sit on my Keane vote, they are a lurker to, but for the reasons given earlier what little they have posted has lit my scum radar like a Christmas tree.

He showed up a bit to post nothing, was asked to post some reads, posted a bit more nothing and a defense of himself, then left again.

That's today, he did post more D1 but I dunno that anyone has actually analyzed that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Hmm, what about u

Not this game, no

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chaoslord’s still slightly more bad looking here imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I also don’t want the pressure to die down off of chaos without him posting because it’s gonna make me paranoid he IS scum and letting his buddies do the pushing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok ##vote chaos

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Understand on the pressure vote,

I’m honestly thinking scum hat has taken a vow of silence ITT, and we need to rule them up a bit.

Set up spec is a dangerous hole I won’t jump into, but with scum/town multi kill nights if that does keep happening, I’m thinking we’ll see some easy lurker kills at night too, so I don’t understand why people think that’s the gold standard play this game?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Understand on the pressure vote,

I’m honestly thinking scum hat has taken a vow of silence ITT, and we need to rule them up a bit.

Set up spec is a dangerous hole I won’t jump into, but with scum/town multi kill nights if that does keep happening, I’m thinking we’ll see some easy lurker kills at night too, so I don’t understand why people think that’s the gold standard play this game?

I'm not relying on whoever possesses NK to rule people out for us SNG, that's exactly their power in controlling the NK. They get to decide who we are left to decide between.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Grandicap posted:

These two posts feel like someone who is looking for an easy place to park a vote, going after the lurker contingent is something that anyone can do and not be called out for because it will overall raise the state of the game, but the way you are leaning into it feels scummy.

It's funny because rhjamiz actually calls ceyton out for this exact thing

Rhjamiz posted:

Maybe so, but it's a more honest profession.

I don't like Squiggs and Ceyton feels like scum casting around for a town-case to make.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Squiggly posted:

It's funny because rhjamiz actually calls ceyton out for this exact thing

Are you implying that Rhjamiz and I are scum together, and I am protecting him? Or am I reading too much into your post and you are just talking to be heard now that you are able to without a silly PR?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

As far as pressure goes I’m seeing nothing from chaos yet or keane, so I’ll throw my weight behind the Rhjamiz push to up the heat, but honestly I’m super open to lunch anyone at this point who’s posted more in jokephase than they have in D1/D2 proper.

##vote Rhjamiz

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not relying on whoever possesses NK to rule people out for us SNG, that's exactly their power in controlling the NK. They get to decide who we are left to decide between.

Oh no, I get that, me neither, I’m just saying I don’t understand the people lurking if they are town. That makes no perspective sense to me is what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Are you implying that Rhjamiz and I are scum together, and I am protecting him? Or am I reading too much into your post and you are just talking to be heard now that you are able to without a silly PR?

who's scum grandi