Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Was this something they added today? I still got 40 minutes of work left :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Phoix posted:

I haven't played in ages so when my quests sent me into Gambit and the game ended after a single round I actually said out loud "holy poo poo it's playable now".

new gambit sucks

it's all the worst annoying parts of prime, that make completing bounties more annoying, the boss just vanishes and they removed the two maps that had actual interesting features

and it's not even all that much faster than the old regular gambit

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

you can also drop into lake of shadows and just gently caress off to Widow's Walk to charge the lure if you want to do it solo.

Mazerunner posted:

new gambit sucks

it's all the worst annoying parts of prime, that make completing bounties more annoying, the boss just vanishes and they removed the two maps that had actual interesting features

It is absolutely faster the old gambit. Faster then old prime?

Boss getting vaporized seems like something they can fix.

Which maps are gone that had interesting poo poo? Cause Deep Six (Titan map) is still is around.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

tbh they should just have the good writers on staff write destiny novels, they'd probably sell gangbusters

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

you can also drop into lake of shadows and just gently caress off to Widow's Walk to charge the lure if you want to do it solo.

It is absolutely faster the old gambit. Faster then old prime?

Boss getting vaporized seems like something they can fix.

Which maps are gone that had interesting poo poo? Cause Deep Six (Titan map) is still is around.

Not a big fan of the boss melting so quick. Feels like it's impossible now to get a foot holding if the enemy gets their boss first.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Sample_text posted:

Which part?

The ripoff part?

Or the buying just the season on steam part?

Well the expansion is certainly a scam, so what the gently caress do you think, smart rear end?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whoa whoa whoa,

If the expansion is so bad, then how come Shaw Han himself says it's the best Destiny DLC yet??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpKZp7PvFKM

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mazerunner posted:

new gambit sucks

The boss melting instantly is a bug related to stasis freezing, isn't it? Not a gambit thing, just a bug people are abusing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Why cant i slot my armor lure mod that i purchased?
I can only slot "doesnt do poo poo" mod in both slots.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Why cant i slot my armor lure mod that i purchased?
I can only slot "doesnt do poo poo" mod in both slots.

Are you doing the mutator one? You have to be doing one that drops a modifiable drop.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Coldforge posted:

The boss melting instantly is a bug related to stasis freezing, isn't it? Not a gambit thing, just a bug people are abusing.

no even without the boss just vanishing instantly, it still goes down very very quickly

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Are you doing the mutator one? You have to be doing one that drops a modifiable drop.

Oh, so since the first 2 hunts only give the grenade launcher and more intel, the amror mod doesnt apply since nop armor can drop as reward?
I thought its "if any armor drops, it will have better rolls"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Oh, so since the first 2 hunts only give the grenade launcher and more intel, the amror mod doesnt apply since nop armor can drop as reward?
I thought its "if any armor drops, it will have better rolls"

To my knowledge it's the former, yeah. It only modifies the selected boss drop.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
This is the worst season for F2P players yet. There is actually 0 content available to us.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Coldforge posted:

correct. everyone bitching about the boss dying too quickly are just getting steamrolled by people abusing the bug, just like when wish-ender was broken

new gambit is actually cool and good outside of that

honestly the biggest problem with new gambit for me has been hammerhead getting sunset, so invading now feels like fried butthole

Kith fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 18, 2020

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Today's lost sector had an access point to skip everything and get the loot, so naturally it was abused and showcased by streamers everywhere.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1328865131816574977?s=20

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kith posted:

correct. everyone bitching about the boss dying too quickly are just getting steamrolled by people abusing the bug, just like when wish-ender was broken

new gambit is actually cool and good outside of that

honestly the biggest problem with new gambit for me has been hammerhead getting sunset, so invading now feels like fried butthole

I don’t doubt the raid world first will be the result of stasis abuse.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This seasonal event is really underwhelming. You would think the seasonal event tied to the release of a major expansion would be something fun like Vex Invasion or the Menagerie.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

What's the best place to farm Hive Relic Sword kills now that Mars was eaten by triangles

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Phoix posted:

What's the best place to farm Hive Relic Sword kills now that Mars was eaten by triangles

Cosmodrome or Moon Warsat public events. Or the Altar of Sorrows.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

They're gonna run out of things to disable/remove.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

life_source posted:

Cosmodrome or Moon Warsat public events. Or the Altar of Sorrows.

Cosmodrome did it for me. Not sure why exactly but after the Warsat event ended sword knights just kept spawning and made finishing the quest super easy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Today's lost sector had an access point to skip everything and get the loot, so naturally it was abused and showcased by streamers everywhere.

What a loving joke. I saw the post on raid secrets with an age of 58 minutes.

Oh no, people might get exotic gloves a bit too easily.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got my Eriana's Vow catalyst today. Like one year later. Yeah getting a catalyst through a set number of activities is better than being random and never getting it at all but it's still kinda silly.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Wheeee posted:

tbh they should just have the good writers on staff write destiny novels, they'd probably sell gangbusters

i'd buy destiny novels by battuta. his baru novels are fantastic

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Got my Eriana's Vow catalyst today. Like one year later. Yeah getting a catalyst through a set number of activities is better than being random and never getting it at all but it's still kinda silly.

Yeah man I've had my Eriana's at the "Get 700 Kills" step (or whatever the number is) since that season. I have not yet finished the catalyst for any one of the season track guns, now that I think about it!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mill Village posted:

something fun like Vex Invasion

lmfao

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah man I've had my Eriana's at the "Get 700 Kills" step (or whatever the number is) since that season. I have not yet finished the catalyst for any one of the season track guns, now that I think about it!
I actually like the gun and wanted to use it but don't like using non MW guns and couldn't bring myself to grind the strikes. Not even during its season when it would have progressed faster.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

vex invasions were fun, it was the sundial stuff that was repetitive and got boring quick

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Personally I thought vex offensive and sundial were both terrible, but at least sundial had meaningful rewards (toward the end of the season).

They're definitely abandoned anything that high effort (rasputin towers and contact were both big lols) but that's a good choice imho because VO and Sundial were both bad. Just go low effort on the activity and high effort on the loot.

Which leads me to... my only problem with wraithborn hunts is that the loot is all bad-bad. I don't want any of it! Looks like it's handy for bumping power level on specific slots but that's it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Vex offensive was like... God drat. All it needed was a bit of variety and it would have been great. Lots of loot showers and you get to run through a cool environment. Too bad it was exactly the loving same each and every time you ran it. Mixing up different vex types/bosses/architecture would have not only made it less boring but would have made it thematically more in line with the alternate timeline/reality story aspect it had.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

I just got the Ace of Spades catalyst in a strike.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

For gently caress's sake, they recast the exo stranger. Lauren Cohan in the 1st game, Moira Quirk AKA the emissary in BL. Hard to tell through the voice filter but I thought she sounded weird.

People on reddit have also been complaining that all of the PC races sound the same now, mostly awoken males complaining they sound like exos.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

People on reddit have also been complaining that all of the PC races sound the same now, mostly awoken males complaining they sound like exos.

I noticed this as well. My human is now voiced like an exo from D1.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My human female had a very similar voice in the new light cutscene to my awoken female in the beyond light stuff.

Male Awoken is apparently the hardest hit as he's no longer British, and his usual VA said on twitter he didn't know anything about it (but didn't confirm if he'd recorded any dialog).

IMDB is only crediting BL as having one male (the exo) and one female VA. New Light has no actors credited even though Xavala, Ikora, Shaw Han, Ghost and the guardian all have lines, so I assume it's all Nolan North. .

Some people are blaming Covid scheduling but Matt Mercer (Human Male) is still recording and most VAs have a home recording setup of some kind.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Vex offensive was like... God drat. All it needed was a bit of variety and it would have been great. Lots of loot showers and you get to run through a cool environment. Too bad it was exactly the loving same each and every time you ran it. Mixing up different vex types/bosses/architecture would have not only made it less boring but would have made it thematically more in line with the alternate timeline/reality story aspect it had.

Yeah 1st week vex offensive was fine, then, literally the same thing all season, before it changed for the last week!!! (to a slightly bigger boss with the exact same lead up)

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
all the various types of guardian having different voice actors struck me as the most bizarre thing to do when it seems like the lines they have could be counted on one hand. just have one male, one female, and then chuck a filter on for the exos. done. as it is, it seems like every single big part of the destiny cast is being recast. they have all these big names and then have to replace them one by one. some, like cayde, coast by entirely on their voice talent! and, as mentioned before, replacing dinklage alone radically changed the tone of the ghost character. did the destiny franchise always begin as this mmo looter shooter thing?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Some people are blaming Covid scheduling but Matt Mercer (Human Male) is still recording and most VAs have a home recording setup of some kind.

hugo weaving has done voice acting over the phone before, and I'm sure he's not the only one. i doubt it's covid. i'd say bungie either can't afford it or just doesn't want to do it. at this rate, everyone will be played by nolan north.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Scyantific posted:

And of course my internet was out all day because the comcast guy couldn’t place a downed line properly. :argh:

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
like, i honestly don't know anything about the development of destiny beyond that the first game had a rough history, but what did the franchise start as? because as a casual player, it feels like it began as a story-rich FPS in the vein of halo, and then it got twisted into this mmo-like experience. but the game still wants to have these voice actors and this focus on story and all this worldbuilding, yet it's tied to this model that hobbles the things that're most interesting about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Horizon Burning posted:

like, i honestly don't know anything about the development of destiny beyond that the first game had a rough history, but what did the franchise start as? because as a casual player, it feels like it began as a story-rich FPS in the vein of halo, and then it got twisted into this mmo-like experience. but the game still wants to have these voice actors and this focus on story and all this worldbuilding, yet it's tied to this model that hobbles the things that're most interesting about it.

It's always been this, at least as long as it has been publicly acknowledged. It was just this with more money and no global pandemic in the first six years.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 18, 2020