Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Tsyni posted:

I missed the discussion of the magic crystals you can get. Do all they spawn everyday, and the blacksmith just points you at a certain amount of them or how does it work exactly? Haven't been farming them enough to figure it out.

A certain number spawn every day and there are 8 known NPCs that mark locations on your map, though even talking to all of them I still find spawns that aren't marked. They only spawn in spots that normal crystal already spawn, and they don't overwrite normal crystal spawns, which are still on the same 3-day timer. Basically to be optimal you just mark every location and check them every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Mr Snips posted:

I'm starting to regret putting resources into levelling up Chongyun. He helped me get through the first 2 team abyss floor since I didn't have a good B team dps option at the time, but now he's become a waste of a team slot since his attacks become an active hinderance to so many other characters and he doesn't seem do enough damage to offset that.

Fischl isn’t affected by it. Her and Chong team up really well.

Actually my rotation for the longest time has been Barb attacks for wet and carry the dragon slayer book, switch to Fischl for the increase in damage and use Oz, switch to Chong’s E for superconduct,
Xiangling’s E, and then back to Fischl who because of superconduct and the dragon slayer book does considerable damage with her bow.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
But why is Chongyun better than Kaeya there? Superconduct is a reaction that doesn't take advantage of his ability to re-apply cryo.

I think Chongyun is best with Xiangling for pyronado and lots of melt procs. Xingqiu could also work for insta frozen/shattered. I watched a 12-3 3* clear recently that used Chongyun/Xingqiu/Xiangling for reaction spam and it looked extremely cool.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

kater posted:

i have no idea why i fight anything i have 875 slime condensate.

All I know is that if a character will ever need Mint to level anything, watch out people, I got this on lock.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Depending on how specifically the hidden aura cooldowns work, Chongyun might be able to apply cryo faster than any other character can apply any other element, if the ice-attack buff doesn't have a single shared global cooldown. Normal attack/charged attack/rotate character/Repeat probably gives you something like 2 cryo applications per second for the full duration, theoretically.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

No Wave posted:

But why is Chongyun better than Kaeya there? Superconduct is a reaction that doesn't take advantage of his ability to re-apply cryo.

I think Chongyun is best with Xiangling for pyronado and lots of melt procs. Xingqiu could also work for insta frozen/shattered. I watched a 12-3 3* clear recently that used Chongyun/Xingqiu/Xiangling for reaction spam and it looked extremely cool.

Chong is an AOE and anyone that steps into the circle also gets affected.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Araganzar posted:

So I have Venti C0 (Anemo+EM+ATK+recharge), Diluc (Pyro+Crit+ATK), Fischl C6 (Electro+ATK+EM) and Barbara C6 (HP+HP+HP+HP). They all have the artifact sets (VV, witch, Thunderbird, healing). My backups / abyss team additions are Xiangling C3 (pyro+physical+ATK), Jean C0 (anemo+ATK+CRIT with BP sword), Mona C0 (hydro+ATK+EM), Bennet C1 (ATK+heals) and Diona C3 (EM/recharge).

My usual pattern is fire off Venti's ult to group guys, then drop the bird with fischl, then attack with Diluc. If I need to, I work in Barbara for wet, healing, or to buff Diluc with the tales catalyst. It feels to me based on all the various infodumps on reactions recently that I should be doing this differently but I thought I wanted to maximize the multiplication of Diluc's E and Q.

I guess I don't want to micro manage this but I would like to know if I'm doing anything dumb in terms of leaving huge chunks of damage on the table.

It also feels like water reactions are pretty important, I have C6 Xinqqui unlevelled, should I work him into a team or try to get Tartaglia or both? My abyss team is usually Jean/Diluc/Mona/Barbara and Venti/Xiangling/Fischl/Bennet.

Please use your c6 xq with Diluc

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Can condensed resin be used for the event?

No one answered this, but apparently you can't

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jw35na/event_rewards_breakdown/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I know it can't be used on the 40 resin portion, but I'm not sure about 20. Probably not but I condensed some anyways because why not.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Between my two Claymore characters, Beidou and Noelle, who is more worth investment as a bread and butter dps character?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Condensed resin is explicitly for leyline and domain efficiency, I would be highly surprised if they allowed it for other things.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
BARBARA GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW AND PUT THIS HAT ON

God I hope it hits HP at level 20

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How many crystals is it from the first event plus quest rewards. I hit 200. Wondering if I missed any.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Scoss posted:

Between my two Claymore characters, Beidou and Noelle, who is more worth investment as a bread and butter dps character?

Beidou, but neither is ideal, because they don't have a great reason to stay on the field when their skill and burst are on cooldown. They're both more suited to a support role. That said, if you don't have a great carry yet, you can totally build them to fill the role and it'll be fine everywhere but the deep Spiral Abyss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

UltraRed posted:

How many crystals is it from the first event plus quest rewards. I hit 200. Wondering if I missed any.

There should be 218 from quests (100) and open world spawns (118)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

There should be 218 from quests (100) and open world spawns (118)

I came here to post I found another one, so yes, I did.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Beidou kicks her claymore to smash it, but Noelle is a maid capable of handling absolutely anything, whatever it is. These are tough decisions.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
From the above linked reddit thread you get 25-45 shards per 20 resin run, depending on WL, so don't stress out too much about scouring the whole world for the last 18 meteorite spawns right now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hooly poo poo. I was doing a single roll while exercising on the nordic track (due to the way the pity works in this I just do single-rolls the instant I get enough gems for one) and got Keqing.

I'm sort of sitting here in disbelief, since I just sort of resigned myself to only very rarely getting 5*s without the pity timer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

45 shards per run???? Holy poo poo!!!! Buy out the entire shop this event is bananas!!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, the WL scaling hitting the meteor salvage stuff makes it a great value and it's nice to know i can just dump my condensed resin and not worry

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You won't even have to - with Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat resin you can buy out the whole shop at WL5.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
All these youtube videos I watch say that Childe is on the field for a good time, not a long time: He wants to swap in, get on his Riptide and melee attacks, then finish off with his melee ult before swapping out, preferably as fast as possible to minimise his skill cooldown. Does that mean he wants a nice big crit chance so his passive applies Riptide as fast as possible, or should I be stacking pure attack and hydro damage and using the charged bow to put riptides on before going nuts with melee?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Flair posted:

If Chongyun is your main dps for team b, you are supposed to build around his abilities: https://www.reddit.com/r/PopsicleMains/comments/jv3ae6/switching_from_instructor_set_to_vv_set_for/. Otherwise using him as a support is generally a bad idea unless you just need his ult and/or converting your autoattacks into ice is not bad for you.

I wonder if a character with a Cryo damage-boosting cup will deal more damage while affected by Chongyun's skill. Has anyone tested this?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Bloody Emissary posted:

I wonder if a character with a Cryo damage-boosting cup will deal more damage while affected by Chongyun's skill. Has anyone tested this?

Yes, it does. I use it with my Xiang to stab people constantly with cryo normal attacks while her burst/skill/constellation final strike proc melts. It probably isn't efficient, but I'm just working with the artifacts I have right now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pierson posted:

All these youtube videos I watch say that Childe is on the field for a good time, not a long time: He wants to swap in, get on his Riptide and melee attacks, then finish off with his melee ult before swapping out, preferably as fast as possible to minimise his skill cooldown. Does that mean he wants a nice big crit chance so his passive applies Riptide as fast as possible, or should I be stacking pure attack and hydro damage and using the charged bow to put riptides on before going nuts with melee?

You can only get crit chance from artifact hats, weapon substats, or lucky artifact substat rolls, so you can't exactly min-max it super hard.
Probably make sure you have either a crit weapon or a crit hat, then stack attack after that. Childe attacks pretty fast so the 25-35% crit chance from one item should be enough to keep your mark applied.

Charged bow on its own is gonna be bad for applying marks because it only puts them on one target at a time, so it's not much use against groups.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you're wondering whether to buy the gems or not in the event they will eventually be very very worth it I promise. When you level 80-90 you'll have a ton of extra boss materials and won't have enough gemstones. This event lets you pay 20 resin for ~3 fragments - late game you'll pay 40 resin for 2 fragments (yes, and some artifacts, but fewer and worse than you'd get off of a 20 resin artifact domain). It is a huge bargain, at the very least buy them for any character you plan on taking 80-90 and any element that you ever imagine leveling multiple characters to 70-80. I'm even going to buy the geo fragments even though I don't have any geo characters I want to upgrade, just in case.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

facepalmolive posted:

It definitely seems like Overload is meant to be more of a 'utility' reaction (as Superconduct is), in that helps break shields and interrupts/knocks things back (though some would call this an anti-utility). So I think it makes sense that it was intended to do less damage than the pure DPS reactions.

The XQ thing in particular goes even deeper than Overload vs Vaporize. Oz only procs electro so fast and since I didn't whaaaaale for C6 Fischl (which in theory would get me a 1:1 comparison with XQ's ult in terms of procs) the majority of my hits are just fire. Worse, depending on timing/distance some of those big overloads I might have triggered will be triggered by the bird proccing off my fire damage. It might be a significant increase in damage, at a certain point, to switch over even without a sac sword but the numbers are so tiny and go by so fast I can't tell you what that point will be. All I have now is an anecdotal "If Barb's aura is up then fights go way faster".

There's also the weird case of Diluc, where your EM is (relatively) low but your Pyro damage is super high but you're using the witch set and that boosts overload more than vaporize but you activate pyro so fast that XQ's ult is the only thing that can keep up but but but...

This is the point where my eyes glaze over so I just google for the crazies who have spent hundreds of hours testing, except in this case someone would have to spend tens of thousands to test all the variables in the first place.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I followed the maps to pick up all the meteorites but I only have 215 when I’m suppose to have 218. Are those last 3 going to be important to hunt down?

E: In other gatcha games I’ve played it wasn’t ever worth it to lvl up 4 star characters cause the 5 stars were just that much better. But here people are using 4 star characters. Is that just because the game is so new and there aren’t that many characters yet?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Partly that probably, but also you do not get many 5 stars and spiral abyss needs two full teams (for most players). Some of the 4 stars are also quite good for how easy they are to get.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I don't think there are even 8 5-star characters in the game yet, even if you count the MC. And that's ignoring the fact that it would take you years to save up enough f2p currency or thousands of dollars to get all the five-stars right now.

And once you did... like half of them are only really useful as your main DPS and don't bring anything to the table as a support, so it would be pointless to have multiple in the same party. Diluc+Fischl is a way better team comp than Diluc+Keqing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I followed the maps to pick up all the meteorites but I only have 215 when I’m suppose to have 218. Are those last 3 going to be important to hunt down?

E: In other gatcha games I’ve played it wasn’t ever worth it to lvl up 4 star characters cause the 5 stars were just that much better. But here people are using 4 star characters. Is that just because the game is so new and there aren’t that many characters yet?

What gachas are those? Most of the popular ones usually have lower rarity units that are really good.

The 4*s that are good are really good like Bennet and Xingqiu. But yea as was stated there's like 28 characters in the game and 8 of those are 5*s. So just from the niche factor alone 4*s currently have a place.
As an example Xiangliang is the only spear user in the game so far until Zhongli comes out in a month. Barbara is also your only guaranteed water user and healer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The biggest grossing gacha in Japan's best characters is basically a 1 star out of 5 (FGO)

One of the best characters in Tales of Crestoria, a recent gacha, was a lower rarity character because he produced the best debuff in the game.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Kild posted:

What gachas are those? Most of the popular ones usually have lower rarity units that are really good.

For example FFBE. I haven’t played in a while so I don’t remember everything but iirc everyone who wasn’t a rainbow 5 star wasn’t worth using because they couldn’t be awakened up to 7 stars. Shortly after I quit they added essentially an 8th star power-up that iirc obliterated everyone not 8 stars in terms of dps. Power creep etc.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 18, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

minus MC there are exactly 8, but that's only 1/3 of the roster overall and you've got missing spots like geo, or Qiqi being the only cryo rep while being a lackluster reaction support. hell, pyro has two 5* and both are selfish enough that you wouldn't look to them for reaction support either. so running only/all 5* isn't all it would seem to be.

gacha games all have different ways to approach their character rarity stuff and most games that get away with having absolute garbage low rarities seem to have their scope run all the way from 1* to 5*. even in that style of game there's usually room for some 4* to be good even if you aren't FGO and making some absolutely indispensable characters 3* or below. with Genshin we only have two character rarities so 4*s sucking across the board would probably kill this game, and the big deal with 4* here is aside from most being good to great at C0 they're much easier to get dupes and unlock some stupidly good constellations that would at least put them in competition with 5*.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do you craft condensed resin? I'm rank 4 in Liyue so I should have gotten the blueprint, and I assume I already used it since it's not in my inventory where recipes would normally be (or in any other slots). But I don't see any option at either the alchemy thing or the blacksmith.

edit: Nevermind, I found it!

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 18, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I don't think there are even 8 5-star characters in the game yet, even if you count the MC. And that's ignoring the fact that it would take you years to save up enough f2p currency or thousands of dollars to get all the five-stars right now.

And once you did... like half of them are only really useful as your main DPS and don't bring anything to the table as a support, so it would be pointless to have multiple in the same party. Diluc+Fischl is a way better team comp than Diluc+Keqing.

There's exactly 8 5 stars that aren't the MC. The 5 non-rate ups plus Venti/Klee/Childe.

But you'd have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to get all of them.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ytlaya posted:

How do you craft condensed resin? I'm rank 4 in Liyue so I should have gotten the blueprint, and I assume I already used it since it's not in my inventory where recipes would normally be (or in any other slots). But I don't see any option at either the alchemy thing or the blacksmith.

It's at the alchemy table. You need a crystal core and 40 resin available.

Did you actually claim your rep rewards?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I have been doing single rolls on the weapon banner to hopefully get a Rust for Childe (Since I do not think I will get the Harp). I did not even realize you can get characters so my Bennett is now C1. I am not complaining he is on my Childe team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boris Galerkin posted:

For example FFBE. I haven’t played in a while so I don’t remember everything but iirc everyone who wasn’t a rainbow 5 star wasn’t worth using because they couldn’t be awakened up to 7 stars. Shortly after I quit they added essentially an 8th star power-up that iirc obliterated everyone not 8 stars in terms of dps. Power creep etc.

You picked like the worst example in the entire gacha universe. Everyone, *everyone* thinks FFBE is the worst poo poo with their 8 star rarity bullshit.

Any game by Gumi or Nexon is the worst poo poo.