Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
he's not rich not well liked, or has the connections they do. It can't be stated enough, the new york ag ran on prosecuting him, least of all tearing down his business.

And don't forget his loving bank is talking about collecting the collateral of his loans due to issue of payment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/adam_brew/status/1328882544348180483

Lets some of us try not to lose it whenever the next Trump scam drops

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328883405837258753?s=19

lmao five minutes after the board flipped due to getting called doodoo asses.

This is the type of brains you are chicken little-ing about. Trump is toast.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

zoux posted:

I will never log off or calm down!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jaxyon posted:

I feel you, I really do but also people are concerned because rich white men can get away with anything in this country.

A lot of the rich white people of the NYC metro area hate Trump.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

zoux posted:

LOLOLOL, hoooooooly poo poo those two chuds on the board folded so loving fast when their names would have been plastered all over the national news for screwing with the election. Although a lot of the damage is already done, too, I mean everyone still knows what they were going to do.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

zoux posted:

They're certifying now but also calling for an audit later? That seems out of order.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lurker2006 posted:

They're certifying now but also calling for an audit later? That seems out of order.

I take it to be a face saving compromise. There was apparently an open public comment period that began following the decision and after about 2 hours of that, this is what they came up with.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zoux posted:

Trump and Co's cunning plans are now aborting so fast that there's a chance causality will break down at some point and they'll collapse before they begin.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

zoux posted:

I take it to be a face saving compromise. There was apparently an open public comment period that began following the decision and after about 2 hours of that, this is what they came up with.

Reporter who was there has a thread on them getting owned for 2 hours

https://twitter.com/RubleKB/status/1328869753612623878

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

weekly font posted:

At least they're wearing masks :sigh:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why is willo still allowed to post here? They seem like an alright person but the panic posting is extremely old.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Reporters were able to find stuff like this

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1328860684352950278?s=20

in about 5 minutes, so I don't think national attention was going to go well for them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

weekly font posted:

Why is the Ft. Wayne canvassing commission meeting in the boiler room of a high school physical plant

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Still I'm surprised how short that lasted. I thought it'd be just one more thing to slow the transfer of power and fob off costs to the taxpayer but they couldn't even accomplish that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zoux posted:

Why is the Ft. Wayne canvassing commission meeting in the boiler room of a high school physical plant

Hey now, taking standardized tests in a windowless middle school bunker with a giant earthen rampart to protect it from tornadoes is the quintessential midwestern student experience. Why shouldn't voters have to do it too?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

pthighs posted:

I certainly hope you are both right. I've also come over to the belief that there's no such thing as a "smart" Trump. His dumbness and grievance is the point, and his followers don't care about the Wall being built, they care about screaming about it at rallies and on Twitter. Ted Cruz/Tom Cotton will never win them over.

Trump, even before the Presidency, seems to have unlocked the "One Weird Trick" to business and politics, which is if you are willing to file frivolous lawsuits and gum things up in the courts for long enough, you can get a away with a lot of things. I honestly don't know how that is remotely affordable, but maybe that's why he's hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

It works in business because normal people and companies have limited time, energy, and money to deal with a bunch of lawsuits and so eventually they say "gently caress it" and just come to some sort of a settlement rather than deal with the bullshit anymore. It isn't going to work in this context because the courts are ripping through these cases very quickly since they don't want to deal with this circus at all, and also there is no point where you are going to annoy the federal government to the point where they just throw up their hands and say "FINE, you can just have the presidency if you stop being a bother"

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

RoastBeef posted:

Reporters were able to find stuff like this

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1328860684352950278?s=20

in about 5 minutes, so I don't think national attention was going to go well for them.

Who is Kwame?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Who is Kwame?

Former (admittedly very corrupt) Mayor of Detroit, he went to prison for numerous crimes, and the absolute proof all lovely white people in Michigan need to prove that Detroit is evil and bad forever (despite the poo poo Snyder did being far loving worse)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TulliusCicero posted:

Former (admittedly very corrupt) Mayor of Detroit, he went to prison for numerous crimes, and the absolute proof all lovely white people in Michigan need to prove that Detroit is evil and bad forever (despite the poo poo Snyder did being far loving worse)

Kwame Kilpatrick was corrupt, Snyder was a loving monster. And an idiot.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pirate Obama's moustache looks kinda swag

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I would be shocked if Trump ever faces any criminal legal consequences tbh.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

At this point I'm fairly convinced he ends up like Ken Lay, convicted but he conveniently dies before the final appeal so he's *technically* innocent and the family escapes further scrutiny.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

brugroffil posted:

There's enough state level DA's that want to take a swing a Trump and Co that I'd be surprised if there wasnt.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There's enough state level DA's that want to take a swing a Trump and Co that I'd be surprised if there wasnt.

Yeah, he may beat the various raps eventually, but it won't be because no one took a swing at him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, he may beat the various raps eventually, but it won't be because no one took a swing at him.

I want to live in the world where he makes a deal that sells out Jared

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder why suicide has yet to enter Trump's head as an escape route from prison. Genuinely curious.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I wonder why suicide has yet to enter Trump's head as an escape route from prison. Genuinely curious.

There is always a way out for people like him.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Maxwell Lord posted:

Still I'm surprised how short that lasted. I thought it'd be just one more thing to slow the transfer of power and fob off costs to the taxpayer but they couldn't even accomplish that.

It was so blatant and obvious that basically everyone one both sides went "Jesus christ guys". They had zero cover.

They basically made it indefensible, especially with the whole "Well of you exclude Detroit we are all good".

Just watch this, he does a good lay up of how 1000% garbage their claims are and how its hilariously obvious.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1328882122724155393

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 18, 2020

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

zoux posted:

You've got to be trolling, right?

Fort Wayne is in Indiana.

Wayne County is the county that holds Detroit.

In Michigan.

Where the whole certification thing went down.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

There is actually a Fort Wayne in Detroit as well (as in, an actual fort). I don't think that the basement looks that nice though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1328901435103326209

Behold....polls.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Maxwell Lord posted:

At this point I'm fairly convinced he ends up like Ken Lay, convicted but he conveniently dies before the final appeal so he's *technically* innocent and the family escapes further scrutiny.

Just like his Yugoslavian counterpart Milosevic.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

captainblastum posted:

There is actually a Fort Wayne in Detroit as well (as in, an actual fort). I don't think that the basement looks that nice though.

It does not, however, have a canvassing commission.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What will happen to us in this thread if these numbers turnout to be basically accurate and/or underestimate the dems

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If, after all this, Democrats end up with a slim trifecta, I don’t think even we will find a way to be miserable about it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I'd be very skeptical about any GA polls, Nov 3rd was the highest turnout election in GA history, but special elections usually have even lower turnout than midterms. How are you going to do a likely voter screen when basically the entire state voted two weeks ago?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

zoux posted:

Behold....polls.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Except the gopher is that loving fox on 538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

You think Ivanka's going to "No more tears now only dreams." him?