Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

Why does Mona have so much screen time, more than almost any other 5 star

put her on rate up goddamnit

rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
only one month until the cool liyue wings...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is what I got instead of Diona.

coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool.

Game is so needing 4 star lances they had to copy a 3 star effect onto one whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress.

I wouldn't even use this over the other 4 star lance I've already rolled and ain't using.

cooolcollcolcololcololcoolocool.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kater posted:

This is what I got instead of Diona.

coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool.

Game is so needing 4 star lances they had to copy a 3 star effect onto one whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress.

I wouldn't even use this over the other 4 star lance I've already rolled and ain't using.

cooolcollcolcololcololcoolocool.

just do like 5 more ten pulls it'll be fine

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lances are bad and suck

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

lances are bad and suck

you won't be saying that when big dong-daddy Zhong comes along. though, maybe about that particular lance

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Give that lance to support Xiangling because it matches her color scheme and looks good.

Also, finally got Diona, on what I resolved would be my last pull on the Tartaglia banner either way. Her C1 would be cool but I'm still going to stick with my pledge to save for the next banner instead of pulling on this one any more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone help, how do I break these targets for Ellin? She's reinforced these things out of like, Hillichurl shields, they're way too strong.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

RareAcumen posted:

Someone help, how do I break these targets for Ellin? She's reinforced these things out of like, Hillichurl shields, they're way too strong.

you can get them all down to like 1 hp, then kill them all at once. The timer doesn't check until you've destroyed the first target.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tsyni posted:

you won't be saying that when big dong-daddy Zhong comes along. though, maybe about that particular lance

i do wish that one had a passive that was better for sure. otherwise it's mainly just because they have the fewest 4* options of any weapon type and there aren't any characters to push a more varied/interesting lineup of substats/effects.

Zhongli is going to get his custom-made stupid good 5* spear so he definitely won't be hurting even if Crescent isn't as good on him as XL.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Do you have Klee?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

S.J. posted:

Do you have Klee?

No, Razor is the closest thing to a 5 star I have. My last wishes got me Ningguang 3 times in a row.

I'd love to have more characters! In March, I'll risk wishing again!

edit: I weakened them with Razor and Fischl (I lucked into getting the both of them at the same time last month) summoned Oz on the other side and that did it.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 24, 2020

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lucked out and got Mona rolling on the character banner, and even her autoattack/charged attack SFX are some of the best looking I've seen so far. Too bad I don't have the resources to level her or a weapon for her, she seems quite strong.

RareAcumen posted:

Nicole burst should have the range and damage to do it if you don't have klee or don't want to cheese it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got to farm up some freedom books finally so I have Childe setup with level 5 talents across the board. Could go up one (?) more to level 6 but I don't have the resin to spend on more farming. Still it's nice to dump all this poo poo into my problematic fave.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

RareAcumen posted:

No, Razor is the closest thing to a 5 star I have. My last wishes got me Ningguang 3 times in a row.

I'd love to have more characters! In March, I'll risk wishing again!

edit: I weakened them with Razor and Fischl (I lucked into getting the both of them at the same time last month) summoned Oz on the other side and that did it.

Weaken them and then finish them with Razor's hold-E.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Whenever I move, about ten metres directly East of my character I can see the grass parting and shifting as if someone's walking through it. There might be ghosts

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Got Bennett to talent level 8 ult today, and I still have enough plumes to take him to 10, because Dvalin has done nothing but drop plumes for me.

Koridan
Apr 29, 2009

berenzen posted:

Got Bennett to talent level 8 ult today, and I still have enough plumes to take him to 10, because Dvalin has done nothing but drop plumes for me.

I'm really jealous because I haven't gotten a single plume and my Diluc's talents are stuck at lvl 6.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

The daily break-all-the-targets quest is conveniently set up right next to a big tower you can jump off of. Use the warp point at the top and do a plunging attack. It hits in a big enough AOE to damage all the targets (depending on which random layout you get), and if it doesn't do enough damage to oneshot them you can just do it again since it'll damage them all equally.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

sushibandit posted:

Lucked out and got Mona rolling on the character banner, and even her autoattack/charged attack SFX are some of the best looking I've seen so far. Too bad I don't have the resources to level her or a weapon for her, she seems quite strong.

Mona is arguably the worst 5-star (the other contender being Jean, but Jean is a lot more flexible). Her autoattacks are so bad as to be near unusable (second worst in the game after Sucrose IIRC), her skill does poo poo all damage and her burst is way less good than it seems. The water sprint thing looks neat and it's useful in exploration but in combat it's a huge liability and significantly worse than a regular dash for a number of reasons.

Mona only does one thing well and that is make one single really big number pop up for sick YouTube montages, but the setup for it is rather impractical - you need to vaporize it, but doing so is fiddly to say the least. If you use her ult without vaporizing it, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Xingqiu is basically just as good or better as far as hydro supports go.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 24, 2020

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If you get the target configuration with the brazier you can alternate Amber and Fischl shooting charged arrows at the brazier until the taargets are all dead

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I thought Childe was the worst 5* character.

Honestly I have no experience with either Mona or Jean to comment on their efficacy. Can say that Diluc, Venti, and Childe are all pretty great though. Although Childe takes work and really wants talent levels and good artifact investment to really start seeing returns whereas someone like Diluc is pretty great even with bad investment.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheFluff posted:

Mona is arguably the worst 5-star (the other contender being Jean, but Jean is a lot more flexible). Her autoattacks are so bad as to be near unusable (second worst in the game after Sucrose IIRC), her skill does poo poo all damage and her burst is way less good than it seems. The water sprint thing looks neat and it's useful in exploration but in combat it's a huge liability and significantly worse than a regular dash for a number of reasons.

Mona only does one thing well and that is make one single really big number pop up for sick YouTube montages, but the setup for it is rather impractical - you need to vaporize it, but doing so is fiddly to say the least. If you use her ult without vaporizing it, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Jean is really good for the simple fact of a.) being a healer while also b.) being Anemo.
Viridescent Venerer set effect is a huge damage increase for non-physical comps, and using Jean in your healer slot lets you get that big damage buff while still freeing you up to use whatever three characters you want for max damage. That's probably gonna be better for your damage than using half your party slots on barbara/bennett/diona plus MC/sucrose.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I thought Childe was the worst 5* character.

Childe seems really strong but I still think he's the "worst" 5* just because of team-building requirements. Using him in your party means you have to grind twice as long on artifacts/weapons/talents/etc for both Childe and your "Childe is waiting on his cooldown" secondary dps.
In a theoretical megawhale scenario where you already have maxed out everything from spending thousands on resin refills, then yeah he's a great addition to a party.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

zgrowler2 posted:

Do the regisvine weak points do the same thing abyss mage shields do where they count element type instead of ATK for damage purposes? Because that would explain a lot
yes

S.J.
May 19, 2008

IDGAF Childe/Baedou is a loving dream team

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Childe/Beidou is like the worst combination

Beidou has a really short cooldown on her skill so you wanna switch to her often to get off the huge counter damage.
But every time you switch off Childe he forgets where he left his swords and has to spend the next 15-35 seconds being useless before he finds them again

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Childe is nice with Beidou's ult, but that's not worth running them both in a party since she's not a main dps. My best success with him so far has been XQ/Klee/Xianling, running him with skyward harp and focusing crit. Gets some absolutely ridiculous area damage.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Childe/Beidou is like the worst combination

Beidou has a really short cooldown on her skill so you wanna switch to her often to get off the huge counter damage.
But every time you switch off Childe he forgets where he left his swords and has to spend the next 15-35 seconds being useless before he finds them again

That's kind of the point of why Beidou is great with Childe. Setup Childe for a melee run with max burst, then wait out his cooldown and your other two characters with a strong defensive character. Beidou happens to be a strong defensive character that can pump out lots of damage on her own, also combos with Childe for an insane burst combo, and can sub for Childe when you're facing a Hydro strong opponent.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Waypoint up to the top of the Knights HQ and plunge attack.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TheFluff posted:

Mona's main problems are amusing problems that appear for Childe, in a way. Both have serious problems with NOT being the aura element, as they apply hydro very quickly, fast enough that they'd have to slow down attacking to get procs. Mona's DPS is tied mostly to her ult, while Childe's DPS is tied to being in melee stance, and neither has 100% uptime (unless you C6 Childe, lol). And lastly, Hydro's interactions are really obnoxious. Frozen is good, but Qiqi and Kaeya are your main supportive Cryos, and Qiqi's is slow while Kaeya is... Kaeya. Diona can work, but doesn't really offer much in the way of additional damage. Mona has no way to Shatter the Frozen enemies, either, so its just additional CC if your taunt isn't enough. Vaporize is obviously what you want, but the only Pyro applicator that works well in a support role is Xiangling. Not having a good selection of people to set up Vaporize for Mona (or Childe, hence same problems) makes it hard to reach her full potential. Electro-Charged is, then, the best choice. Fortunately, Hydro procs on Electro will now actually cause Electro-Charged, so that's good. Fischl is probably the best setup for this strat, as Beidou's is burst reliant and also kinda short ranged, though she offers more defense with her parry. Beidou CAN take good advantage of the amped damage from Mona, though, since she does a big hit of damage at once with her parry, so that's also a plus towards Beidou/Mona.

As a DPS, mona is lacking is sustained damage, and since she's very burst reliant, she functions better as a burst support than a true DPS. Childe absolutely does a better job of being a Hydro DPS. And as a support, she contends with Xingqui, who doesn't have the same impressive single-hit numbers, but his synergy with other carries is absolutely LUDICROUS. So, Mona occupies a niche where her burst is great, but her inability to set up Hydro procs as well as Xingqui, and not being able to make up with it by her burst having big numbers and % damage bonus makes her difficult to justify.

But this is all very super min-max dumb poo poo, Mona when built properly and in a good team will do just fine, if you want her to. She's just not as easy to get to an acceptable power level as other characters (or rather, one particular character makes her niche irrelevant), hence why she gets downgraded on tier lists.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 24, 2020

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I will say this though: Beidou for me is the most satisfying character to play simply for the fast switch counters into some absolutely ridiculous damage numbers, and her ult plays well with pretty much every main DPS I run. And that sword-kick on the last combo hit is just loving *chef kiss*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

shimmy shimmy posted:

Weaken them and then finish them with Razor's hold-E.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The daily break-all-the-targets quest is conveniently set up right next to a big tower you can jump off of. Use the warp point at the top and do a plunging attack. It hits in a big enough AOE to damage all the targets (depending on which random layout you get), and if it doesn't do enough damage to oneshot them you can just do it again since it'll damage them all equally.

Qwertycoatl posted:

If you get the target configuration with the brazier you can alternate Amber and Fischl shooting charged arrows at the brazier until the taargets are all dead

Glazius posted:

Waypoint up to the top of the Knights HQ and plunge attack.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I did a post edit saying that I already completed it. I got the formation that was two sets of three in a triangle formation so I'd be smashing one and then not be able to reach the other ones fast enough.

It's done, I conquered it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Beidou Burst is insanely silly with Childe's melee stance but there's probably truth to them not being a great pair overall compared to just having Fischl there instead. There's two team comps I've been toying around with for Childe.

1) Childe/Fischl/Barbara/Venti - Childe's energy gen is typically fine by himself but he helps fuel Barbara's burst which usually takes 20 years to come up. Fischl spams electro procs for Childe to use. Venti does swirl stuff and while his burst has the usually melee problem for Childe you have the option of just spamming charge shots in ranged stance into it and it will proc the riptides on everyone inside, then you melee stance once they drop down.

2) Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Venti - Basically a focus on Vaporize instead of Electrocharged. Double Pyro resonance for some added ATK. Bennett works well as a healer and for buffing up Childe with some extra oomph. Venti still doing Venti poo poo.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone had additional experience regarding the multiplayer account hack thing where players can hi-jack accounts by joining co-op worlds? A little hesitant to do the co-op meteor event because of it and just did some single player runs earlier.

There's no such thing. There are just a bunch of idiots spreading it around due to coincidences.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Got Childe before I hit my pity, which is a pity. I've got the Stringless for him. I'm AR31 and presumably have time to get him up to where he needs to be. I'm using him with Fischl, Xiangling(C1), and Sucrose. The newest meteor thing still takes me about nine minutes to do solo (count me in the "too scared to co-op" camp). I don't hate this team so far -- the elemental reactions are nice, but, uh. If there's something I could be doing better I'd love to hear it before I invest further. I've got C1 Barbara, C1 Kaeya, Noelle, C1 Amber (whyyy), Ningguang, and Diona (not that I'm effective at using her). WL3 if that matters. Thanks in advance! EDIT: lmao i just pulled another childe that's my luck for the rest of the year at least but cements that i'm keeping him i think????

(I haven't messed around with the Spiral Abyss much yet, just enough to get Xiangling's C1; figure I'll sub Barbara in for someone there?)

textbookOrigins fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 24, 2020

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Trying to figure out how to set up my second Abyss team. I figure it won't happen until after the event runs out and I feel comfortable spending time farming stuff other than event materials, so I have a bit of time, but wanted to get some thoughts.

My main team right now is C0 Razor, C2 Xingqiu, C0 Qiqi and C1 (soon to be C2) Fishl.

My backup characters are: C1 Xiangling, C5 Beidou (!!!), C1 Barbara, Ninguang, Chongyun, Lisa, Kaeya, Amber, Sucrose and Noelle all at C0. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my backup team. I just got enough of the materials to purchase Bennet as well, so he's an option for support.

My thinking right now is Chongyun as the main DPS, Bennet? or Barbara as the healer, Ningguang as the support for the Petra set since Chong does all elemental damage anyway and I'm not sure who fits for the last spot. Putting Xingqiu on the Chongyun team would be neat, but then I'm not sure who I put on Team 1 to replace the little book nerd. I'd also like to actually use my Beidou considering the wishes apparently want me to have a lot of her but she's got some antisynergy with Razor's ult not wanting to be switched off of and I'm not sure how well she works in the Abyss.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk about in general but Childe has to be the worst 5 star for floor 12 atm. Water does actually nothing to cryo shields and whopperflower shields. Its kind of weird their only endgame content is stuff he's close to unusable against as a carry and that they didnt change this or make any adjustments to it for his banner.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 24, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

shimmy shimmy posted:

Trying to figure out how to set up my second Abyss team. I figure it won't happen until after the event runs out and I feel comfortable spending time farming stuff other than event materials, so I have a bit of time, but wanted to get some thoughts.

My main team right now is C0 Razor, C2 Xingqiu, C0 Qiqi and C1 (soon to be C2) Fishl.

My backup characters are: C1 Xiangling, C5 Beidou (!!!), C1 Barbara, Ninguang, Chongyun, Lisa, Kaeya, Amber, Sucrose and Noelle all at C0. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my backup team. I just got enough of the materials to purchase Bennet as well, so he's an option for support.

My thinking right now is Chongyun as the main DPS, Bennet? or Barbara as the healer, Ningguang as the support for the Petra set since Chong does all elemental damage anyway and I'm not sure who fits for the last spot. Putting Xingqiu on the Chongyun team would be neat, but then I'm not sure who I put on Team 1 to replace the little book nerd. I'd also like to actually use my Beidou considering the wishes apparently want me to have a lot of her but she's got some antisynergy with Razor's ult not wanting to be switched off of and I'm not sure how well she works in the Abyss.

Chongy, Ningguang, or Xiangling would all be ok second main DPS. If I was picking I'd probably choose between Chong and Ningguang, hedging towards Ning if you can get C1. Xiangling can be a decent support as well as DPS so... Pick your poison. You really only need to level up the second DPS first fully, so you don't spread yourself thin. You could always put Chong and Xing together, then put Xiang with Razor, but that's situational with what you need.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So I was talking about Ningguang's damage at C6 earlyer, so I made a quick video to show what I meant: https://youtu.be/68LRX_IIuSw

This is at WL5 since I'm only AL43 but I really hope this will still be possible at WL6 when I farm up better equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

shimmy shimmy posted:

I would do Beidou main DPS for now. Unlike Xiangling whatever weapon you level for Beidou can be used by her in a support role for 0 cost if you find someone you like more and Beidou is a reasonable main damage carry at C4 (much better than a C0 Chongyung for sure). The fact that both of your main dps characters are electro doesn't really matter given that Razor is mostly physical.

I would make team 2:
Beidou, Xingqiu, Xiangling, Bennett

(this would be a very strong team)

And I'd put Kaeya in for resonance on team 1 by default or just whatever the abyss floor specifically calls for.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 24, 2020