Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm running 2pc Zerk/Gladiator since my 5* Gladiator stuff has my best crit stats and with weapon+set bonus i get the 50% to make the crit dmg matter.

if i could manage 50% crit with 2pc Glad/Noblesse that's what i'd be doing instead, but grinding artifacts for Childe specifically feels bad atm with an actual hydro set likely on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm not planning to grind for artifacts specifically for him, because I got two free 5 star Noblesse which are very good. I'm just looking for another pair to fill the gaps for right now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got my Childe's crit rate up to 60%, which makes applying his skill very easy to do in melee (enemies are generally marked within a second of wailing on them). He could really use higher crit damage, though.

Keqing has the opposite problem. Her crit damage is pretty high (like 125%), but her rate is only like 12%. I don't really have any good alternative artifacts to boost it without sacrificing other things, though.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I've read that Keqing is best with +ATK until very high end grinding, when she shines with +crit rate. But you have to get amazing gear to make the switch and not end up worse.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't think that makes any sense. You want to put the first crit rate helm you can find onto her, more so than any other character. She naturally has higher crit damage so crit rate naturally is more effective on her than anyone else.

The only reason to not put a crit rate helm onto her is some combination of the black sword/artifact substats.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

I've read that Keqing is best with +ATK until very high end grinding, when she shines with +crit rate. But you have to get amazing gear to make the switch and not end up worse.

You've gotta be fairly lucky to get both a 5-star +atk and a 5-star +crit circlet artifact in the set you want.
Usually you'll just stop grinding after you get one of them.

No Wave posted:

I don't think that makes any sense. You want to put the first crit rate helm you can find onto her, more so than any other character.

Not necessarily! There's a damage calculator here that you can poke around with.
Keqing gets a ton of free crit damage from her ascension so it lowers the threshold at which crit rate circlets/weapons become better than +atk ones but crit is still not gonna be better until you have fairly high stats.

Earlier I plugged my Ningguang's stats in there, and even with the 5* crit-chance catalyst, switching from her current 3-star +atk circlet to a 5-star crit-damage circlet was actually a 3% decrease in dps :negative:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

How long did it take?

Pyro floor has long overstayed its welcome...

The shop closes december 6th but you can't earn event currency after the 30th. Still time either way, just didn't want anyone to put it off for too long.

For honkai as I recall it was the sustain abyss > the aoe abyss > the abyss where SK isn't good anymore and herrscher kiana is > the one where you need different team comps (i think this one is still live, might be forgetting one, but i stopped doing weekly stuff around the third one and dont really play much anymore.) this was about 3 years? after the release in china, but honkai was so harsh on how many characters you could have and even 3 years later it was pretty difficult for anyone that hadn't been playing a while to maintain the same premium gem income they had before.

id guess like mid next year they do an abyss patch, at that point its pretty reasonable for people to have all 6 (7 by that point maybe) elements covered well enough, since this game has way more focus on elemental coverage. if we see it sooner ill be pleasantly surprised, but that probably wouldn't be a big interesting rework and rather just shuffling the bonuses for the last 4 stages every once and a while.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So you're saying we have another year where pyro is the only thing that works on abyss 12?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not necessarily! There's a damage calculator here that you can poke around with.
Keqing gets a ton of free crit damage from her ascension so it lowers the threshold at which crit rate circlets/weapons become better than +atk ones but crit is still not gonna be better until you have fairly high stats.

Earlier I plugged my Ningguang's stats in there, and even with the 5* crit-chance catalyst, switching from her current 3-star +atk circlet to a 5-star crit-damage circlet was actually a 3% decrease in dps :negative:
Crit rate is better on Keqing at like level 60 with mostly blue artifacts. Let alone the dude with 125% crit damage.

Mise
Oct 6, 2010
Is there any preview of what's coming up hero-wise in the starglitter shop?

I'm on the fence about buying Bennet (don't have him yet) and seeing what the next one will be as I only have the exact 34 glitter.

My team consists of xinqui, beidou, fishl and xianling atm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the glitter shop will refresh on CN server before NA, so yeah you can see what the next month is on the very last day. though they'd have to release and drop an entirely new OP 4* to have anything in next month's shop that's better than Bennett.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Mise posted:

I'm on the fence about buying Bennet (don't have him yet) and seeing what the next one will be as I only have the exact 34 glitter.

If you don't have someone, buy them. If you pull them later that's a constellation but having another character means more options for team comps, which means more solutions for future content. Taking a guaranteed character is always the best option because the gacha is a fickle master. Pulled 2 Beidous and 3 dionas this banner. No ningguang :(

I don't really love Bennet because while his burst is super strong, his skill is boring and I always seem to end up outside the thumbs up circle.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

So you're saying we have another year where pyro is the only thing that works on abyss 12?

i dont have much hope considering they didn't just launch with it rotating monthly or biweekly. you never know though!

Mise posted:

bennett is a top-3 4 star, can't go wrong with him. if you're building xiangling as a main unit he is also her best partner.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

the glitter shop will refresh on CN server before NA, so yeah you can see what the next month is on the very last day. though they'd have to release and drop an entirely new OP 4* to have anything in next month's shop that's better than Bennett.

I already have him is it worth it for his c1?

Mise
Oct 6, 2010
So basicly, I can get Bennet without missing too much because the chance of them releasing a new and OP 4* without them cashing in on whales through the gacha is next to zero, that's what I wanted to hear :D

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

His C1 is very worth it

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

I got my Childe's crit rate up to 60%, which makes applying his skill very easy to do in melee (enemies are generally marked within a second of wailing on them). He could really use higher crit damage, though.

Keqing has the opposite problem. Her crit damage is pretty high (like 125%), but her rate is only like 12%. I don't really have any good alternative artifacts to boost it without sacrificing other things, though.

Can't sacrifice even crit damage? Better distribution would profit you more. Currently I have ~2k ATK with 50 crit rate and 80 crit damage (granted 25 % of that is Black Sword, but it shouldn't be that hard to convert 40 % crit dmg to crit rate). Calculation-wise, over 8 hits it's:

800 % (base 8 hits) + 125 % (1 hit crits) = 925 %

vs

800 % (base 8 hits) + 4 * 80 % (4 hits crit) = 1120 %

You can calculate other cases like this, but as was said previously in the thread, usually it's the best when both numbers are about the same.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

According to that calculator my Childe is sitting at about 3850 elemental attack total. No idea what good ranges of numbers are but I know my talent levels could go up more and I still need to work on his artifacts some so cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Having owned both, not really. I don't see it as a huge upgrade. The only upside of it is that it is an upgrade on one of the best/most useful units in the game which makes it more valuable than most other purchases by default.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Can't sacrifice even crit damage? Better distribution would profit you more. Currently I have ~2k ATK with 50 crit rate and 80 crit damage (granted 25 % of that is Black Sword, but it shouldn't be that hard to convert 40 % crit dmg to crit rate). Calculation-wise, over 8 hits it's:

800 % (base 8 hits) + 125 % (1 hit crits) = 925 %

vs

800 % (base 8 hits) + 4 * 80 % (4 hits crit) = 1120 %

You can calculate other cases like this, but as was said previously in the thread, usually it's the best when both numbers are about the same.
In this game it's better for crit dmg to be 2x crit rate. This is because 2% crit dmg is priced the same as 1% crit rate - ie, a level 20 crit rate hat gives 31.1% crit rate and a level 20 crit dmg hat gives 62.2% crit dmg. This will hold true in any game - if the pricing formula was 1:10 it would be optimal to have the stats at a 1:10 ratio.

Ofc you don't have total control over everything which is why my fischl will be at 60/80 crit rate/crit dmg.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
125% crit damage means a level 80 Keqing with 50% base + 28.8% from ascension + 46.4% from a 4* artifact circlet.
If you happen to have a 4* crit-chance circlet to swap it for, you can lose that 46.4% crit damage and gain 23.2% crit chance, getting a result of

12% crit chance and 125.2% crit dmg (crits average to 15.0% extra damage)
vs
35.2% crit chance and 78.8% crit dmg (crits average to 27.7% extra damage)

So Sanya Juutilainen is right, that poster really would be better off sacrificing crit damage for crit chance. But really we're all at the mercy of RNG, so good luck getting the right 4-5* artifact with the right set effect and the right mainstat roll for your "optimal" loadout.

On the other hand, if you swapped it for a 4* ATK circlet, you'd lose the crit chance and gain 34.8% attack instead, which brings you to 12% crit chance, 78.8% crit damage (crits average to 9.5% extra damage), plus +34.8% to your attack multiplier.
The math works out so the ATK artifact is better total dps if you have less than +109% attack from all other sources, otherwise the crit chance artifact is best.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 24, 2020

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

In this game it's better for crit dmg to be 2x crit rate. This is because 2% crit dmg is priced the same as 1% crit rate - ie, a level 20 crit rate hat gives 31.1% crit rate and a level 20 crit dmg hat gives 62.2% crit dmg. This will hold true in any game - if the pricing formula was 1:10 it would be optimal to have the stats at a 1:10 ratio.

Ofc you don't have total control over everything which is why my fischl will be at 60/80 crit rate/crit dmg.

Good to know, yes. Though this is purely artifacts, I assume, so in Keqing's case it should be (crit rate from artifacts x 2 + black sword crit rate) = (crit dmg from artifacts + innate crit damage)?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i did some testing with the treasure compass today, and it won't lead you to chests hidden by puzzles (presumably anything that spawns a chest won't be pointed out, the actual chest entity needs to be on the map from what i saw.) presumably those chests weren't part of the 100% total (but still count towards it) which is probably why you can get more than 100% chests in an area.

hopefully they add an upgrade to the compass that lets you find those hidden chests later on.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Good to know, yes. Though this is purely artifacts, I assume, so in Keqing's case it should be (crit rate from artifacts x 2 + black sword crit rate) = (crit dmg from artifacts + innate crit damage)?
Yeah more or less though you'd also want to multiply black sword crit rate by 2 as it's subject to the same costing.

A 42 atk crit rate weapon like the black sword gives half as much crit rate as a 42 atk crit dmg weapon like blackcliff pole gives crit dmg. Diluc gains half as much crit rate on ascension as Keqing gains in crit dmg, etc. So if you had perfect control over the game you'd want the sum of your crit rate sources to equal half the sum of your crit dmg sources.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've saved enough for about 20 pulls. As someone who mains razor (and has an unleveled Klee who will be my second carry) should I try for Diona? Or continue to save for possible Razor consellations on the Zhongli banner? My only cryo unit atm is Kaeya. Superconduct is supposed to be really good for Razor. So Diona seems a good match for him? But man those Razor consellations seem drat good for him too.

I know if I try I'll prob pulls another 3 Beidous (which might make me a Beidou main instead of Razor lol)

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

The upgrade is really good, but unless you pull a bunch and have a lot of stardust I think for most people it's best to save it for a 4-star that expands their roster.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Buying starglitter characters always feels so painful to me. You're paying around 7 pulls, which is a totally fair rate, but you're also delaying your next 5* by 7 pulls.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I've saved enough for about 20 pulls. As someone who mains razor (and has an unleveled Klee who will be my second carry) should I try for Diona? Or continue to save for possible Razor consellations on the Zhongli banner? My only cryo unit atm is Kaeya. Superconduct is supposed to be really good for Razor. So Diona seems a good match for him? But man those Razor consellations seem drat good for him too.

I know if I try I'll prob pulls another 3 Beidous (which might make me a Beidou main instead of Razor lol)

Diona is a really good support for Razor because on top of being a cryo applicator she also offers really good shields and healing so she can be your cryo and your healer at the same time. The problem with Kaeya is that he's only bringing cryo to the table so he's taking a party slot that could be someone else and is otherwise dead weight.

That said if you're aiming for Razor constellations I think the real big deal is gonna be C4 which is another 15% def reduction on top of Superconduct. That means you will want 4 Razor dupes from the next banner.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 24, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

34 stardust takes something like 120 pulls. So you'll be able to afford it about once every three months if you use welkin+bp.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Enviosity finally F2P cleared Floor 12 after getting Fischl today. Lol when he has to do it again without her.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

No Wave posted:

34 stardust takes something like 120 pulls. So you'll be able to afford it about once every three months if you use welkin+bp.

That's not what I mean, I mean that instead of buying the character for 34, you could use 35 starglitter to buy 7 pulls instead. So when you buy a character, you're giving up those 7 pulls.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol when he has to do it again without her.

Wait what? Is he going to kick her out of his team when the event is over? What rules is he playing by, exactly?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ashenai posted:

That's not what I mean, I mean that instead of buying the character for 34, you could use 35 starglitter to buy 7 pulls instead. So when you buy a character, you're giving up on those 7 pulls.

Oh no I can’t believe I’m giving up 7 debate clubs!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Diona is very good, although her burst is a little hard to use because it's a damage/healing circle but it targets an enemy at range (whereas bennet's spawns under him).

If you hav a sacrifical bow she's even better because you are all but guaranteed ~24 seconds of shield uptime.

I kind of take the zen approach to the gacha. Don't stress about when your pity will hit or who is on the banner. Just whirlwind slam that wish button the second you get 160 primogems, no matter what, every time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The idea that going 9% towards pity is more valuable than a 4* character or constellation you want seems crazy to me. I'd happily give up 20 pulls for another Xiangling constellation.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

MarcusSA posted:

Oh no I can’t believe I’m giving up 7 debate clubs!

You're not giving up 7 debate clubs (you're going to get those anyway the next time you pull, you don't get to skip them!) You're delaying your entire pull progression by 7 pulls. Your next 5* will be 7 pulls later than it would have been, and so is the 5* after that, and so on.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Having owned both, not really. I don't see it as a huge upgrade. The only upside of it is that it is an upgrade on one of the best/most useful units in the game which makes it more valuable than most other purchases by default.

I think removing the conditional element of his burst and adding even more attack on it is worth way more than just about any other 4* the game has released so far other than XQ. A lot of the lists put him at the top even above a lot of 5* and they all seem to make the distinction of him having C1 whereas other characters are at 0.

So if you have glitter, have XQ or XQ isnt the next glitter character, use bennet constantly, then get that C1.

Ashenai posted:

That's not what I mean, I mean that instead of buying the character for 34, you could use 35 starglitter to buy 7 pulls instead. So when you buy a character, you're giving up those 7 pulls.

I dont think you are going to miss all those 3* weapons. A character or constellation are worth more than that. Pinpointing important constellations, in absence of a universal constellation upgrade for 4* and 5*, is worth more than spinning the roulette. Delaying an offbanner/banner pull by 7 pulls is not nearly as bad as missing out key characters or constellations

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 24, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think removing the conditional element of his burst and adding even more attack on it is worth way more than just about any other 4* the game has released so far other than XQ. A lot of the lists put him at the top even above a lot of 5* and they all seem to make the distinction of him having C1 whereas other characters are at 0.

So if you have glitter, have XQ or XQ isnt the next glitter character, use bennet constantly, then get that C1.
I think only genshin.gg does that and they're idiots. The CN tier lists they otherwise rip off has him at C0.

Imo the most important 4* C1s in order are:

(essential to use them how they're designed):
Ninguang
Diona
Sucrose
-----
(substantial boost to their most important role):
Razor
Xiangling
-----
(nice boost to some of what they do):
Xingqiu
Noelle
Bennett

Not listed are Fischl+Chongyun, which are essential to use them for DPS and useless otherwise.

It's not at all important to how he works and I couldn't imagine clearing or failing a floor because I had C1 Bennett.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

You're not giving up 7 debate clubs (you're going to get those anyway the next time you pull, you don't get to skip them!) You're delaying your entire pull progression by 7 pulls. Your next 5* will be 7 pulls later than it would have been, and so is the 5* after that, and so on.

I'd rather have a specific, guaranteed 4* that I know I want (and with no RNG) than 1/10th of a random 5* who I may or may not use.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'd rather have a specific, guaranteed 4* that I know I want (and with no RNG) than 1/10th of a random 5* who I may or may not use.

The other argument is that 4* are so much more common than 5* that eventually you will C6 several people and then their wish just gives 5 star glitter. Those 7 wishes are most of a 4* pity anyway and count towards that next big hit.

I'm saying this having bought Bennet C1 off the shop and maybe having a little buyer's remorse. I need to do abyss 9+ to actually use him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Edging towards 80 pulls with no Diona and I really don’t want the pity counter to roll on this banner. Just give me the surly cat bartender already.