Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ashenai posted:

Wait what? Is he going to kick her out of his team when the event is over? What rules is he playing by, exactly?

Unless they make her permanently obtainable, he'll have to clear Floor 12 without her at some point. His aim is to demonstrate that it can be done using only characters/weapons that are guaranteed without spending primo.

No Wave posted:

Imo the most important 4* C1s in order are:
Not listed are Fischl+Chongyun, which are essential to use them for DPS and useless otherwise.

You poo poo talking my boy? :colbert:

Or maybe you're talking about the constellation outside the DPS role. IDK, doesn't seem totally useless to give him a cryo proc outside of his E.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If your choice is between Bennet and Not Bennet, Bennet is the clear answer. His C1 isn't going to change your life, but more consistency on an ability that makes you do stupid damage is pretty good.

Ashenai posted:

Wait what? Is he going to kick her out of his team when the event is over? What rules is he playing by, exactly?

If your gimmick is "I'm going to clear the game with only the characters you get for free", then Fischl won't count past the end of this event. I assume at some point Babs and XL will be swapped out for different free characters as well, which will shuffle everything again.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Do those rules allow using Noelle?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Do those rules allow using Noelle?

Yeah he uses Noelle. (You are guaranteed to get Noelle without having to use any primos, since you get 10 Acquaint Fate at AR5.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I won't have to make the choice between buying bennett or not because I already spent my glitters on razor last month

He's my main dps so I don't really regret the decision

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got c1 bennett randomly off a free standard pull about a month ago and was expecting it to feel like a huge upgrade but i honestly don't notice it. i did the math once and i think right now i get 400something bonus atk from it, which is pretty alright but primarily using it with xiangling and childe (who do a lot of fast small attacks) makes it hard to actually notice. usually all the bursts just get barfed out together so i haven't really paid much attention to childe ult with and without bennett ult buff either.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If using Sucrose as a support, what catalyst should I give her? Something with energy recharge? Man, there are so few weapons in this game but I can never keep them straight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

UltraRed posted:

If using Sucrose as a support, what catalyst should I give her? Something with energy recharge? Man, there are so few weapons in this game but I can never keep them straight.

I like Mappa Mare. More EM to share with the team, and she triggers a lot of reactions by nature for the passive bonus. It's craftable too, so it's relatively easy to refine.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

UltraRed posted:

If you had the pick of anything, especially if she's C1, the gacha-only Sacrificial Fragments is a great option.
The cooldown-reset proc means you can use your skill more often to generate more energy orbs and refill your ult faster. If you have C1 it will reset both charges so you can potentially cast her skill 4x in a row to generate tons of energy.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Anyone know if refining a weapon preserves its value in XP? So if I smush together five 3*s, then later feed the refined weapon to something else, do I get weapon XP equivalent to one 3* or five, or somewhere in between?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sitting with my super invested Mappa i was a bit disappointed seeing how much higher EM scales on the Sacrificial book (which is also a nice fit for Sucrose effect-wise), but Sac is gacha so that's a limitation. her uptime on Malice would be pretty bad unless you were running her with recharge% on artifacts but it's still a good support effect if you want that. Favonius book is probably the only other option you'd run.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashenai posted:

Anyone know if refining a weapon preserves its value in XP? So if I smush together five 3*s, then later feed the refined weapon to something else, do I get weapon XP equivalent to one 3* or five, or somewhere in between?

Whatever it is, it's basically not worth worrying about.
Each 3* weapon is worth only 1800 xp, meanwhile a single mythic enhancement ore is worth 10,000.
even if you put 0 effort into farming them you can still get over 50k xp/day worth of ore just from sending 3 characters on mining expeditions.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have the Eye of Perception, and I plan on getting Solar pearl from the BP (unless someone wants to talk me out of if) for Lingguang. Don't think either'd pair well with Sucrose, but I don't really have anything that does. Could pick up the Mappa Mare... I do have a spare prototype in my inventory.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it's almost over...

https://twitter.com/cheppoly/status/1326334368818847744?s=20

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Anyone looking to make money writing about the game?

https://twitter.com/rockpapershot/status/1331349060113096710?s=21

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

UltraRed posted:

I have the Eye of Perception,

I will never unequip this from my Ningguang because I want to be firing All The Projectiles and it's hilarious seeing the little ball lazily bounce around and oneshot slimes.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

If you don't have someone, buy them. If you pull them later that's a constellation but having another character means more options for team comps, which means more solutions for future content. Taking a guaranteed character is always the best option because the gacha is a fickle master. Pulled 2 Beidous and 3 dionas this banner. No ningguang :(

God I wish I could trade. Four Ningguang, two Dinoa, I wanted a single Beidou, that's all I wanted. Not gonna be able to get enough primogens to try again before the banner ends.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

It's a good problem to have but I'm annoyed by how many characters I've gotten poo poo tons of copies of that immediately dried up forever at C5 when I really wanted the C6.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
*looks at his C1 Diona/Fish/Ning/Noelle*

Yes, truly the sheer number of duplicates is the problem.

I really want Ganyu to be good and not Ice Amber, then be on the banner with Bennet, so I can finally do a huge 80-pull run and get some of these "duplicates" ya'll keep talking about.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i'm not too worried about maxing my constellations early cuz dupes will come eventually, no need to go hard for em.. much as i would love my ning to get her 7 star jades

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Venti is so loving OP for this event. I'm just spamming his specials and by the time his big one dies out, I have another ready to go. This is amazing.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
If anyone missed the Intel giveaway, Dell is making a new 50 primogem giveaway: https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2146468/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/genshin-impact-primogems-key-giveaway

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Indecisive posted:

i'm not too worried about maxing my constellations early cuz dupes will come eventually, no need to go hard for em.. much as i would love my ning to get her 7 star jades
Kinda... we're going to be getting new characters pretty fast though. We may have twice as many 4*s in the pool in one year.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Thanks for this! My last two standard banner pulls from free wishes were both Lisa's so I needed something positive

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

notmetalenough posted:

Is there an audit trail on primogems? I swear that if I turn off my PS4 with my character logged in, when I play the next day I don't get my daily 90 primos from the store thing. It thinks it already gave it to me and no amount of logging out/logging back in will convince it otherwise.

Anyone else had this happen?

The graphic doesn't display but you do get your gems; I had the same problem if I rest mode the PS and wake it up with the game still going, but I wrote down my gem total one night and compared to the morning and it was still higher.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Suddenly talents need materials I've never seen from the big bosses. I do them weekly and I'm taking on a high enough level for Stormterror.
Is this bad luck or is the % just very low?

Kind of sucks but not really. I'm free from farming those kinds of books.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Heran Bago posted:

Suddenly talents need materials I've never seen from the big bosses. I do them weekly and I'm taking on a high enough level for Stormterror.
Is this bad luck or is the % just very low?

Kind of sucks but not really. I'm free from farming those kinds of books.

edit: they start dropping at AR 40

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 25, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

cheers, made a burner account to grab them.

yay, less than a third of a pull!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Framboise posted:

yay, less than a third of a pull black tassel!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Soothing Vapors posted:

I think those mats can technically start dropping at AR40 but I didn't see a single one until AR45

Conversely, I think I've gotten one almost every time I've run it since AR40, but not any of the ones I want.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ElMudo posted:

Conversely, I think I've gotten one almost every time I've run it since AR40, but not any of the ones I want.

I just checked my stock and I have way too many for what I said to be true -- they must have started dropping at AR40 and I didn't notice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They drop at AR40. They seem to drop 2 about a third of the time at AR45. Idk how many they drop at AR50. Getting talents past 7 is a long-term thing and gold books are such a pain in the rear end to grind that I don't mind that much (ok, I mind that two of three Childe talent drops are atm useless but I guess that's one of Mihoyo's tricks to build engagement with future characters).

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Worked for me. My code was QT7AH84DGY7H

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is there a guide somewhere explaining who should get which BP weapons?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

padijun posted:

I've had more success finding character guides than weapon guides fwiw, "CHARNAME mihoyo guide" works decent when it pulls up the indepth guides some of the official forums users make. At least one person does ranked weapon recommendations with quantitative data for their guides

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

padijun posted:

Who are you wondering about?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

No Wave posted:

They drop at AR40. They seem to drop 2 about a third of the time at AR45. Idk how many they drop at AR50. Getting talents past 7 is a long-term thing and gold books are such a pain in the rear end to grind that I don't mind that much (ok, I mind that two of three Childe talent drops are atm useless but I guess that's one of Mihoyo's tricks to build engagement with future characters).

Yeah definitely clean out this week's event store if you're able to, farming books suuuucks. Really wish I'd gotten book dude from the previous banner

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So here's a real dumb take: If all of the events are going to be like this I'm probably just going to drop this game because oh man, I hate the dialogue, the characters and not being able to skip any of it is absolutely miserable. At least in honkai impact if there's an event I don't care about I can just click the skip button.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

S.J. posted:

Who are you wondering about?

mostly whether to make the black sword better or take the viridescent hunt. I have venti, childe, and fischl, and a r2 sacrificial and r3 favonius. jean is using the black sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Nuebot posted:

So here's a real dumb take: If all of the events are going to be like this I'm probably just going to drop this game because oh man, I hate the dialogue, the characters and not being able to skip any of it is absolutely miserable. At least in honkai impact if there's an event I don't care about I can just click the skip button.

If it's Fischl and/or Mona specifically who are pissing you off, then you can probably rest easy, the next event will likely focus on different characters.

If you mean that you hate the dialogue and the cutscenes in the game in general, you're screwed, but in that case I'm confused how you even got this far. The main story is full of them.