Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Roland Jones posted:

Topic of interactions, Overload is pretty annoying against you too; from what I can tell it doesn't even need to hit you, just be caused by enemies near you, in order to send you flying, which makes grass fires and the Treasure Hoarder bottle throwers extra annoying.

I accepted I'd be juggled for days during that hell event. I never had to give up or lower the difficulty, but I sure as hell didn't have fun munching food and just eating proc after proc. Combo effects in general need to go back to the drawing board, but environmentally-caused combo effects definitely stop being interesting and start being a tax on your sanity pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Turns out you get full rewards even at someone else's lower world level so it was extremely trivial in co-op when it matched me with someone at WL1.

yeah its super quick when it matches you with a low level world and you still get full rewards (or at least I did when matching with randos)

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
just fyi if you're looking at chongyun's numbers during meteorite events or the coop event, he's got +60% damage from the event so his numbers are a bit higher than normal right now

fischl with 60% bonus damage is great and cool and I'm seeing giant purple ticks which makes me happy

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Did they re-up the damage burning grass does? I'm back up to 88 per tick and 135 crits at WL... 6? Level 46.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

Did they re-up the damage burning grass does? I'm back up to 88 per tick and 135 crits at WL... 6? Level 46.

It was few hundred, this is fixed value.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Bruceski posted:

the damage grass does doesn't scale past WL5, but it does depend on the "difficulty" level of the area you're in, from what I've seen. Mondstadt grass fires will do less damage than Liyue ones, and places like the Guyun Stone Forest have higher levels than say, Stone Gate. You're at the final tier of grass fire damage, it doesn't get worse from here.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xiangling isn't supposed to be on the menu!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mailer posted:

I accepted I'd be juggled for days during that hell event. I never had to give up or lower the difficulty, but I sure as hell didn't have fun munching food and just eating proc after proc. Combo effects in general need to go back to the drawing board, but environmentally-caused combo effects definitely stop being interesting and start being a tax on your sanity pretty quickly.

It works great when it's you doing it! Amber drops her fire rain on some chumps standing on grass and even if they don't get hit directly, Lisa's AOE charge explodes the grass fire for full overload damage like three times in a row.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Glazius posted:

It works great when it's you doing it! Amber drops her fire rain on some chumps standing on grass and even if they don't get hit directly, Lisa's AOE charge explodes the grass fire for full overload damage like three times in a row.

Enviosity...? Grats on clearing floor 12!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Suddenly, a new event quest for 60 primos!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Glazius posted:

That's not specific enough. It would be accurate to say that if you're using Amber and Lisa and Amber's ult is up and the enemies are grouped on grass and they don't move or charge you and they're big enough to not get thrown by the initial proc then you can light the ground on fire with Amber and deal out multiple overload procs with your Lisa that you built for high levels of elemental mastery.

Then environmental damage is good! :v:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Another in-game survey is out, rewarding 30,000 mora. It includes a write-in suggestion section, so go petition them to add 2FA, or create more chat emojis, or change the borders of the visions shown in the upper-left corner of the character screen to the Liyue one where appropriate, or whatever.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I will just ask them to stop fading out pantsu while people climb.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

because i still have yet to get a single Dvalin Plume after all this time, i have asked them to put in any sensible way to convert weekly talent materials into each other

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

moush posted:

I will just ask them to stop fading out pantsu while people climb.

:chloe:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just unlocked the thing that lets you use food without going into the menus.

I kind of wish that it let you equip a healing food and an attack/defense food instead of a revival food. It'd be nice to be able to quickly re-buff yourself when a buff wears off. Revival food is already easy to use because you just have to attempt to switch to a dead character and it brings up a selection of revival foods.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

Another in-game survey is out, rewarding 30,000 mora. It includes a write-in suggestion section, so go petition them to add 2FA, or create more chat emojis, or change the borders of the visions shown in the upper-left corner of the character screen to the Liyue one where appropriate, or whatever.

this reminded me of how people on reddit were convinced if they all wrote in to increase resin regen and primogems in the previous surveys their voices would be heard (or else the game would be a massive flop.) after they immediately made all their money back on the game the goalposts shifted to "well it won't last long unless they improve all that stuff!"

dont see that as much now, presumably they all went back to complaining about wow or destiny.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Goddammit I forgot to ask for the most sensible thing: adding a non-child catgirl :negative:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Goddammit I forgot to ask for the most sensible thing: adding a non-child catgirl :negative:

Keqing?

I asked them to put Keqing on a rate up banner.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I lucked into a WL1 co-op event and banged out five runs in under twelve minutes. Fastest clear was 1:38. Beats the poo poo out of slogging through WL4-5, worth blowing fragile resin to save the time and effort. Highly recommend

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Keqing?

I asked them to put Keqing on a rate up banner.

Keqing’s are just weird hair dealies, she’s got human ears.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just hit BP 30 and I still haven't decided whether I want Solar Pearl or to refine my Serpent Spine. I was almost set on getting Solar Pearl to use on either Klee or Ningguang, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus that it's their best 4*. There's also the fact that its bonus doesn't affect charged attacks when that's a big part of both of their game plan. I already have both Eye of Perception and Widsith, so I don't know if it's worth it to level up a new weapon.

Anyone have experience using all three and whether Solar Pearl was a significant improvement?

Help, the red exclamation point is killing me.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if you can't appreciate diluc's rear end shots you can't appreciate most things

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I think Diona is actually supposed to be a young adult or at least a teenager, despite her size; she's a bartender, after all, while the Traveler is consistently not allowed to even touch alcohol due to people thinking they're underaged, even in stuff like the Stone Harbor side event thing. Though some of her lines seem pretty immature too. The way this game handles some young or young-looking characters is weird; for another character, Ella Musk, the Hilichurl researcher in the Knights of Favonius library, is a professor and the older sister of the clearly-an-adult woman you can meet around Windrise. Meanwhile Flora, the flower seller, is talked about as if she's the owner of a proper shop and the employer of the other woman there instead of a random flower girl, has a sister the same size as her who's apparently a botanist (and is the self-proclaimed best botanist in Mondstadt), and has a clearly-adult admirer outside the city who's apparently planning to profess his love to her, so she's probably an adult too. (That, or the admirer and probably at least one writer is a huge creep.) There are a few other characters with child-sized models who have jobs and act/are referred to like they're adults too, those are just the most prominent ones I can think of. On the other hand, Klee and Qiqi are both just outright children, as are a lot of other small characters (including a few who share models with the maybe-adults I mentioned).

No, I have no idea why those characters still use child models instead of unique ones; the lack of unique models for most NPCs in general perhaps. If you're not a playable character or a major villain your model probably comes from a selection of like six or eight.

Anyway, she doesn't have a tail, but Sucrose has cat ears as well, though she seems to think that Diona's heritage is different from her own:

quote:

To the people around her, Sucrose comes across as a quiet, introverted alchemist with little interest in the lives of others. In fact, the truth is quite the opposite: Sucrose is fascinated by absolutely everything that exists in the world. The only thing is, she finds the discipline of social interaction to be far more difficult to master than that of alchemy.

In alchemy, the process of trial-and-error coupled with a determination to get the truth is sufficient to bring you to your answer eventually. But with interpersonal relationships, there is the added complication of having to factor in manners, moods, and other unquantifiable variables. To make things worse, there seems to be no room for an approach that relies heavily on making errors.

Hence, Sucrose decided to avoid such variables at all costs and stick to her familiar methods in satisfying her curiosity.

For instance, Sucrose had always been curious about whether she and Cat's Tail bartender Diona, both of whom have animal ears, had any shared ancestry. In fact, this was not a private matter, and most people would simply ask the question. But Sucrose was concerned that it would be a sensitive topic —she, for one, did not like people drawing attention to her ears.

So, she resorted to the method she knew best: Observation.

For one whole month, Diona constantly had an unnerving sense that someone was secretly watching her. She assumed that one of the tavern patrons was stalking her, and was none too happy about it.

"Similar genome, but ultimately different ancestry. Cat connection merits further study. Note: Unable to obtain bone sample thus far"

This is the conclusion that Sucrose had jotted down in her notebook based on her findings so far.

Bio-alchemy aside, Sucrose made one further discovery from this episode.

That is to say, judging by the pair of cat-ear spectacles she made for herself after the event, it would appear that she has finally come to comprehend a certain uniquely feline variety of cuteness. She is too shy to wear them in public, however, and only puts them on when alone in her room.

Edit: Tangent, one of the best things about Sucrose is, the more you learn about her the more you discover that she's a huge weirdo who's super into her mad science, instead of just being a typical "cutely shy" sort.

gandlethorpe posted:

Just hit BP 30 and I still haven't decided whether I want Solar Pearl or to refine my Serpent Spine. I was almost set on getting Solar Pearl to use on either Klee or Ningguang, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus that it's their best 4*. There's also the fact that its bonus doesn't affect charged attacks when that's a big part of both of their game plan. I already have both Eye of Perception and Widsith, so I don't know if it's worth it to level up a new weapon.

Anyone have experience using all three and whether Solar Pearl was a significant improvement?

Diversification seems preferable to refinement to me, at least until you have the Solar Pearl and Black Sword at the least, possibly more if you're a collector and/or will use them too.

As for the Solar Pearl itself, it's what I currently use on Klee, and the crit is very, very nice. Effect isn't bad either, even if it doesn't boost her charge attacks. I don't have the Widsith, meanwhile, and my Eye of Perception isn't leveled enough to compete, but the crit alone is great. (Also the fiery look is appropriate for a Pyro user, and also fits Ningguang's phoenix-themed attire really well, on top of apparently being the latter's BIS 4* weapon.)

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 26, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

hi, got Solar Pearl for a fresh Klee last BP and at 70/70 char/weapon I don't feel handicapped in any way at WL4 by my weapon choice. Some weapon testers showed better DPS with other things but I did not have those other things [except the Lv70 Mappa Mare which went on Sucrose instead] and the BP catalyst is good enough to put on someone else down the line. Took Viridescent Hunt this BP. IMO refining BP weapons isn't worth not taking an alternate BP weapon unless you got dumb lucky on 4* weapon rolls or are whaling.

E: the Widsith buff being random seemed to reflect negatively in the testing posts I found, EoP fared better but not significantly enough to make SP a bad choice

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 26, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bruh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway Diona did further emphasize to me how much i hate running around as a character that small because it feels slower and like the camera is worse

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

anyway Diona did further emphasize to me how much i hate running around as a character that small because it feels slower and like the camera is worse

It is slower; character height affects speed apparently. And as someone who uses Klee a lot in co-op domains, I know this very well as I regularly get outrun by the people I'm playing with even if I start sprinting before them. It matters for stuff like climbing too, and in water it affects the depth at which you can't dash anymore and the one at which you're forced to start swimming instead of walking.

Meanwhile for some reason female characters just in general swim faster than male characters; height is also a factor here, but even Klee is faster than all or at least most guys, who are agonizingly slow, while characters like Jean swim pretty fast. Though of course the real solution to crossing water is Mona's dash.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

There's going to be one in Fontaine. I like her design, too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of Sucrose
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1331809908044439552
I just got her to friendship 6, and her story is actually kind of sad. Nice to see her smiling :3:

Also best birthday gift so far, with a Hypostasis drop and an OP resurrect food.

Roland Jones posted:

Diversification seems preferable to refinement to me, at least until you have the Solar Pearl and Black Sword at the least, possibly more if you're a collector and/or will use them too.

As for the Solar Pearl itself, it's what I currently use on Klee, and the crit is very, very nice. Effect isn't bad either, even if it doesn't boost her charge attacks. I don't have the Widsith, meanwhile, and my Eye of Perception isn't leveled enough to compete, but the crit alone is great. (Also the fiery look is appropriate for a Pyro user, and also fits Ningguang's phoenix-themed attire really well, on top of apparently being the latter's BIS 4* weapon.)

zgrowler2 posted:

hi, got Solar Pearl for a fresh Klee last BP and at 70/70 char/weapon I don't feel handicapped in any way at WL4 by my weapon choice. Some weapon testers showed better DPS with other things but I did not have those other things [except the Lv70 Mappa Mare which went on Sucrose instead] and the BP catalyst is good enough to put on someone else down the line. Took Viridescent Hunt this BP. IMO refining BP weapons isn't worth not taking an alternate BP weapon unless you got dumb lucky on 4* weapon rolls or are whaling.

E: the Widsith buff being random seemed to reflect negatively in the testing posts I found, EoP fared better but not significantly enough to make SP a bad choice

Yeah, I'll probably get Solar Pearl for the option, rather than making my Serpent Spine like 3% stronger. I don't really have a user for Black Sword, and I have some of the best swords and bows anyway for my roster. The spear is just lol.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if the wiki is accurate, the spear at least has a uniquely high crit rate relative to the other BP weapons. mostly it looks cool so i will probably grab it "next," whenever i don't feel like i want to refine my Black Sword anymore

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Spears are also in a weird state right now because we have exactly one spear user in the entire game which skews the grading scale immensely for anything not Crescent Pike. I imagine the BP spear may become more desirable in the future when we have more of a variety of spear users to pair it with.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Childe fight music is really good.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

if the wiki is accurate, the spear at least has a uniquely high crit rate relative to the other BP weapons. mostly it looks cool

I think the Deathmatch is also the weapon used by the same gladiator from the, well, Gladiator's Finale artifact set, which is a neat bit of lore. The Black Sword is definitely the sword of the Bloodstained Chivalry knight, if you compare their item descriptions, and the Viridescent Hunt is probably, as you might expect, the Viridescent Venerer's bow. (The other two don't seem to correspond to particular figures meanwhile, unless I'm forgetting someone for the Serpent's Spine; the Solar Pearl is another weapon by the same guy who made the Lion's Roar, Dragon's Bane, and some other weapons, though.)

Some non-BP weapons are also those of historical figures who also have artifact sets, the most obvious being the Flute, Stringless, Widsith, and Bell being the weapons of the Wanderer's Troupe.

Also, this one should be obvious, but the spectral sword you interact with to start the fight with Andrius is the Wolf's Gravestone, albeit a bit more beat up and translucent than the version you can actually use.

There's a lot of lore behind even the different items in this game, some of it interconnected and some of it unique to that particular thing.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 26, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Whoa the fourth part of the event story is up.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Whoa the fourth part of the event story is up.

Wha? Where? Someone mentioned it earlier and I'm not seeing any new quests.

Edit: Nevermind. Their patented gently caress You You In Co-Op Town Now design obscured the quest until I remembered about it and manually exited. Again.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 26, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Mailer posted:

Wha? Where? Someone mentioned it earlier and I'm not seeing any new quests.

Try logging out and back in; it's up for me.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So do the reveals from that last chapter suggest they’re living in some artificial reality?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
With this fourth part, this quest seems even more story-important than before; I really wonder if they're going to make a permanent version for after the event ends, because it seems like a huge shame to have it disappear for people who weren't playing yet.

Also, the quest makes it a lot clearer why Mona's a 5* character; outside of Ningguang, there's a pretty clear division of in-story power, ability, and/or importance between 4* and 5* characters, with the former being mostly relatively mundane individuals, for a rather loose definition of "mundane", while the latter are serious movers and shakers in society, devastatingly powerful individuals, mystical beings, literal gods, and of course the little girl who blew up a mountain. Even with her own story quest, it wasn't really clear why a penniless, self-important fortune teller would be grouped with the latter rather than the former, but apparently her astrology is the real deal.

theblackw0lf posted:

So do the reveals from that last chapter suggest they’re living in some artificial reality?

Something like that. Or an artificial world of sorts, at least?

Edit: Well, when you finish "Act IV", it still gives you a "To Be Continued", so I'm guessing this will end up being made permanent in some form, albeit probably without as many rewards, so people who join late aren't out of the loop when the continuation arrives.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I enjoyed Fischl accidentally breaking character and Oz covering for her