Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
enjoy ur swamp fevers and florida men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr. Nice! posted:

i agree. texas is cooler to be from than florida, but i would much rather live in florida than texas.
i think we’d all be better off if we focused less on where it’s cool to be from and more on where we live. expat snobbery should be left to the english, as it is all they have left to cling to

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Kenny Logins posted:

expat snobbery should be left to the english, as it is all they have left to cling to

except for the home children of course

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the mouse is laying off 32,000 people

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/media/disney-layoffs/index.html

i'm sure all those minimum wage employees were really eating into their bazillion dollar bottom line

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

i agree. texas is cooler to be from than florida, but i would much rather live in florida than texas.

both seem like cool freedom yeehaw states

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, pretty much.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the reason we talk about Florida Man is actually because the state has a Sunshine Law that guarantees free public access to all court records and whatnot.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also because florida is full of insane, shady people. my uncle larry being one of them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah dude they're everywhere. i didn't care about watching tiger king because living in arkansas i already had met and knew about like six gay but gun-loving operators of shady exotic animal zoos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i already had met and knew about like six gay but gun-loving operators of shady exotic animal zoos

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but how will you make sense of memes like this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Eureka Springs, Arkansas, is a loving amazing little town. It's about an hour east of Fayetteville and we used to zip over for a chill one night getaway because their nice motels were like sixty dollars a night

it's a very hokey Old Towne tourist trap and is the queer capital of Arkansas. they literally have four pride parades a year

The favorite person I ever met there was an old rear end hippie driving a rusted out MR2 that he converted to electric. Vanity plate: 144 VDC

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, is a loving amazing little town. It's about an hour east of Fayetteville and we used to zip over for a chill one night getaway because their nice motels were like sixty dollars a night

it's a very hokey Old Towne tourist trap and is the queer capital of Arkansas. they literally have four pride parades a year

The favorite person I ever met there was an old rear end hippie driving a rusted out MR2 that he converted to electric. Vanity plate: 144 VDC

that place looks really cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that first boxy kind of mr2 is middle life crisis car for me

cool city bro

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

that place looks really cool
a street with people walking on it and no cars seems very good and unamerican

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they were the first or second city in arkansas to decrim weed possession. i miss it to this day. every time i visit my favorite colorado town - Idaho Springs - I think about it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like idaho springs because nobody else does. everybody always jerks off about vail or aspen or w/e but i love riding my motorcycle up to IS, eating a pizza and buying some comedy shot glasses, then riding back down the mountain

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

one of my fondest memories was driving around Colorado and stumbling into adorable mining towns that look like Idaho springs

I wish more cities retained their late 1800’s/early 1900’s charm :sigh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

granted this was like 2010 so a lot of them were pretty abandoned at the time but still

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
hot diggity that place looks cool

i really thought that quilt shop said guilt shop at first

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a catholic book store

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

granted this was like 2010 so a lot of them were pretty abandoned at the time but still

imagine if republicans went along with obama's plan to roll out rural broadband

this pandemic would have been the best thing to ever happen to all these small towns

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I have a soft spot for Salida, used to have family there. Skiing at Monarch Pass right on the continental divide rules.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the absolute best weekender i ever did here was when i went up to Winter Park

in the middle of August

a really nice room was 75 bucks a night, there were no skiier dorks clogging up the works, the wildflowers were in bloom and every single business owner was delighted to see us walk in the door

off season seasonal towns are GREAT

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

the reason we talk about Florida Man is actually because the state has a Sunshine Law that guarantees free public access to all court records and whatnot.

yeah this always annoys me

i would kill to read western massachusetts man articles

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im sure california man has plenty of interesting court reports as well

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

Vanity plate: 144 VDC

haha nice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

PIZZA.BAT posted:

imagine if republicans went along with obama's plan to roll out rural broadband

this pandemic would have been the best thing to ever happen to all these small towns

pretty much 100% of America’s problems boil down to spite

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

when did you get your name changed tori

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

Texas is way better than florida, I did not read through the rest of the thread and don’t care.

Being Texan is cool and carries good and bad weight. being floridian means jack poo poo other than really good Good Place jokes

Texas is a toilet

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

for me to poop on

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Fool posted:

when did you get your name changed tori

the pfc namechange happened when this story first broke a few years back. the story below is a followup on the guy’s conviction. tl:dr; in 2017 a bunch of cops got hospitalized by a fentanyl dust cloud while trying to arrest a dude.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/c...es/202001100098

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

On Wednesday he elected to have attorney Frank Walker finish the trial for him while he listened remotely from a courtroom holding cell.

how badly do you have to gently caress up to get megatron as your lawyer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

also loving lol at #diaperdon trending and getting trump so mad.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

the pfc namechange happened when this story first broke a few years back. the story below is a followup on the guy’s conviction. tl:dr; in 2017 a bunch of cops got hospitalized by a fentanyl dust cloud while trying to arrest a dude.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/c...es/202001100098

lol. i figured the backstory was something like that but I didn’t know the details.

quote:

Law officers then replaced the fentanyl with flour and sugar, repacked the package and sent it to the address, where Guyton showed up on a hoverboard on June 1 to take possession of it.

this loving guy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

how badly do you have to gently caress up to get megatron as your lawyer
lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

President Beep posted:

lol. i figured the backstory was something like that but I didn’t know the details.

this loving guy

i remember when the article first dropped it was posted in c-spam and everyone immediately started yelling TAYNE about it and an admin renamed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

also loving lol at #diaperdon trending and getting trump so mad.

lol ya