Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

Y'all let him consume the firekeepers soul.

Lol.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Eeeeee! I am so stoked for you!! :D well done!!

Also a very productive dark souls game session today!! We beat Ornstein and Smough with the Dark Souls Squad!

Then I beat Havel and Lautrec. Discovered two wonderful rings that now allow me to medium roll with black iron set on AND wield the great club which is a fantastic bashing weapon!

Also got stuck on a pig in a corridor for way too long. In fact all the deaths from doing Ornstein & Smough, Havel and Lautrec are less than the amount of deaths I had to this one pig in a corridor.

Pig in a corridor is my true nemesis.

What a great and wonderful game this is! :D

I still can't believe you kept at it and killed that pig. I think I died to him all of two times before I said gently caress it and ran past him

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I usually use combustion or great combustion on the pig because there's no bouncing deflection.

I think you should poll the chat which way to go because now the game splinters in 4 different directions.

Has he gone back to the asylum?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Wild posted:

Has he gone back to the asylum?

This is what I recommended as the next thing to do. I think this is the perfect time for it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wait how on earth do I go back to the asylum? That bird grabbed me and brought me here. Can I warp to it?? :D

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You gotta go back up to the bird, hence platforming time! You may need to look up how to do it tbh

In Esco Dark Souls news, I uhh.....accidentally killed Siegmeyer while fighting lizard dudes in Sen’s :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I uhh.....accidentally killed Siegmeyer while fighting lizard dudes in Sen’s :(

MODS?!?!?!?!??!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VideoGames posted:

Wait how on earth do I go back to the asylum? That bird grabbed me and brought me here. Can I warp to it?? :D

Its near the firelink shrine, specifically near the elevator shortcut to the undead parish. You have to do some "platforming" which sucks. I usually do it as soon as it opens up because you get a really useful ring. At least useful in the swamp.

I also never use the ring of favor and protection because I usually have 2 rings for a boss where you NEED to have one specific ring and then I use a ring to get another attunement slot. By the time I'm past that I forget about the RFAP.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

You gotta go back up to the bird, hence platforming time! You may need to look up how to do it tbh

In Esco Dark Souls news, I uhh.....accidentally killed Siegmeyer while fighting lizard dudes in Sen’s :(
What the

He was just sitting there minding his own business!

Edit: the dark souls rings are rad and because I am a giant nerd I have a collection of them and wear them with necklaces. The first one I got was the Ring of Favor and Protection.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 30, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

What the

He was just sitting there minding his own business!

There were two lizard dudes right next to him! I really didn’t think I got him, I must have hit him with the very tip of my club, but he said “so that’s your game, eh?” and then disappeared and I got souls :( I’m so sorry :(

I’ve also lost a combined total of 400k souls tonight due to rushing and idiocy so I guess that makes up for it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Escobarbarian posted:

When Patches kicks you down the pit in the Tomb of Giants, i went back to him and killed him. He's all "Oh you've gone hollow!" no you dumbass you tried to murder me.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

twistedmentat posted:

When Patches kicks you down the pit in the Tomb of Giants, i went back to him and killed him. He's all "Oh you've gone hollow!" no you dumbass you tried to murder me.

He just wanted your shinies. You come back, he doesn't. You monster.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/ubisoftsupport/status/1333446420800659467?s=21

Lol. After almost two weeks from the PS5 launch in the UK Ubisoft is only now admitting they've hosed up and there is no word on when they're going to fix this poo poo.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does anyone know the name of the song with the female vocals that plays in Cafe Alps in Yakuza Zero? I went through all 93 songs in the youtube playlist of the OST and it wasn't there

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just got a USB hard drive and am wondering how it will handle patching? Will game updates download to whichever drive the game happens to be on, or will they only download to the hard drive I have set as the current primary install location?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is officially part of the Great Club Gang

I go and leave the stream for a little while and you goddamn goobers let Veeg sacrifice his fire-keeper soul, what in the hell??!! :colbert:

Escobarbarian posted:

bad bloodsouls <:mad:>

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You have to start the game over now.

Escobarbarian posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gutcruncher posted:

I just got a USB hard drive and am wondering how it will handle patching? Will game updates download to whichever drive the game happens to be on, or will they only download to the hard drive I have set as the current primary install location?

They apply over the game installation, yes. If a game's installed to the internal it goes there, and vice-versa.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song with the female vocals that plays in Cafe Alps in Yakuza Zero? I went through all 93 songs in the youtube playlist of the OST and it wasn't there

Try looking through this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzNdXDTk1jg&list=PLjdLkyT2okOOhZL-62tUk5NzGFBVvlKac

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Veotax posted:

https://twitter.com/ubisoftsupport/status/1333446420800659467?s=21

Lol. After almost two weeks from the PS5 launch in the UK Ubisoft is only now admitting they've hosed up and there is no word on when they're going to fix this poo poo.

Shouldn't it be as simple as "PS4 disc detected -> Download PS5 version from store"? :confused:

Simone Magus posted:

haptic anime

You just know the Senran Kagura team are planning something groping-based with the variable triggers for their next game :sigh:.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You just know the Senran Kagura team are planning something groping-based with the variable triggers for their next game :sigh:.

I assumed that big update on content they would allow on their console that Sony put through years ago without any warning would prevent them from making anything that depraved anymore.

On PS4 at least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just assumed they did already

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I accidentally aggroed and had to later kill Eileen the Crow because Bloodborne was my first Souls game and I didn't know they let you do that

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I accidentally aggroed and had to later kill Eileen the Crow because Bloodborne was my first Souls game and I didn't know they let you do that

Lol I'm gonna do this for her weapon my next run. Come on Eileen, your weapon looks keen...

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shouldn't it be as simple as "PS4 disc detected -> Download PS5 version from store"? :confused:

You'd think that, but apparently it can be region locked and it looks like Ubisoft accidentally put Turkish discs in the box so they don't match up with the UK version on the PS5 store and doesn't unlock the upgrade.

You can get the upgrade if you make a Turkish PSN account, but gently caress that. I don't care enough to do that, honestly I would have traded the same in by now if stores were actually open.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol I'm gonna do this for her weapon my next run. Come on Eileen, your weapon looks keen...

Can't you just complete her story and take it off her corpse

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I still can't believe you kept at it and killed that pig. I think I died to him all of two times before I said gently caress it and ran past him

I cannot let these games think they have beaten me. If anything, I am the final boss of the game!!!

Good lord though, did I feel embarassed by how much I panicked and pressed the wrong buttons. Same thing happened with spear knight. I stopped playing smart with both of them and started to believe that they would get me and they did. I am very mental and psychosomatic in completing games. If I know I can do something then I will do it. If I have an inkling of doubt then I will fail over and over no matter what.

This is why Defiled Hotdog was easy (I had faced him earlier in another dungeon) whereas I am still remembering the fact I was carried completely for Amygdala and it is affecting my gameplay - plus I do not wish to be carried again on it and as such I am messing up constantly trying out these moves and dying. Best thing about the chalices is the lamp being so close to the boss :)

Hmmmm....hmmmm....hmmmaaaaahhh!

Regy Rusty posted:

I was very tempted :( I need to do things slower.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Dark souls is the perfect length. I’ve been replaying it on switch and your ‘build’ feels like it comes together so much quicker than 3. When I hosed up a quest in DS1 I get to think ‘oh well next round through’ in 3 I could barely keep up with the npcs. I lost track of seigmeyer shortly after meeting him and apparently he had a pretty prominent moment in 3 oops.

Though maybe I’m just more familiar with DS1 and more comfortable with rushing and doing what I want. 3 is intense.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seigmeyer/Seigward’s quest line in 3 was sooooo good

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

Apparently the secret is to always be deleting all the after mission photos and poo poo it accumulates, even if you are not manually taking any mission photos. Scoop on the internet is that helps. That's not a real answer but I couldn't find one either so I ended up playing through on PC, never tried the DLC on ps4.

Thank you - unfortunately, that doesn't help much:( I did already delete the savefiles and whatever the game decided to save, but it's also cumbersome on the console. Oh well, I didn't actually have much hope that it was fixed much:/

Edit: I've also searched through the XCom subreddit, and apparently whatever problems there were with the game, they still are present even while playing on the PS5 - it shortens the loading times and smoothes the framerate, but the occasional crashes and not being able to trust the game with your savefile is still very much present. Well, Firaxis still launches the game on different platforms, maybe they'll patch one of the existing versions, too.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 1, 2020

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD
Started 13 Sentinels, have read nothing about it other than the recs from this thread and elsewhere, and uhhh I know Vanillaware games have issues with drawing regular female characters but drat within the first 2 minutes there's a naked schoolgirl in a mech and then after that a nurse teacher with impossibly big boobs. Is the entire game like this? Am I overreacting? I will still play the game since I heard good things about it but, drat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

the Paper posted:

Started 13 Sentinels, have read nothing about it other than the recs from this thread and elsewhere, and uhhh I know Vanillaware games have issues with drawing regular female characters but drat within the first 2 minutes there's a naked schoolgirl in a mech and then after that a nurse teacher with impossibly big boobs. Is the entire game like this? Am I overreacting? I will still play the game since I heard good things about it but, drat.

The nurse is about the only titilating thing in the game. Everyone is naked in the mechs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Oscar Wild posted:

He just wanted your shinies. You come back, he doesn't. You monster.

It was as the other goon said, my first souls game and didn't know any better. And the Tomb of giants was the first place I went because the only other location I could figure out how to get to was New Londo and you can't do anything there until you open the gates and that's pretty far into the game. I somehow missed the giant aqueduct that lead to the Undead Settlement.

Its funny but watching Vaadividya's content made my get it on PC to try it again, because i saw how interested and deep the story is and just the really cool and neat environments and weapons and armors and bosses to experience.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Even by Yhorm i didn't know about weapon arts so i stood there attacking him with the giant killing sword normally. i still beat him but siggy did not make it.

I think tomorrow I might try out AC Origins, I'm enjoying control, but even with headphones my ps4 is so loud, and its just kind of annoying in how maze like the facility is. I know that is part of the point but its less oh look how crazy and labyrinthine this place is and more where the gently caress do I go? The map says there's a door here but there isn't!!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

where does that jolly punk go!! I think I hosed around too much! then I had an ari aster rear end wedding ceremony.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
so what’s up with that horizon sequel https://youtu.be/hAsf9OXSynE

Regy Rusty posted:

Sorry rules are rules, delete ur save or you’ll be erased from the annals of the thread history and your status as a bloodborne/souls boy revoked

MechaSeinfeld posted:

where does that jolly punk go!! I think I hosed around too much! then I had an ari aster rear end wedding ceremony.

He should be asleep by the fire in irithyll, then he gets arrested and he’s in a cell in irithyll dungeon. Then if you unlock him he’ll join you for the boss of the profaned capital

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 1, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MechaSeinfeld posted:

then I had an ari aster rear end wedding ceremony.

hahaha. this was one of my favourite moments in 3. just pure :psyduck:

It’s part of the best ending too

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

"accidentally" we all saw your quelaag's sister posts. :colbert:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nothing personal against Queelag’s sister, she just had something I wanted!

I’ve left her alive this time tho

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Nothing personal against Queelag’s sister, she just had something I wanted!

I’ve left her alive this time tho

And you wanted me to throw knives at that lady in the Anor Londo!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You still should do that! It’ll make sense when it happens!