Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I picked up Bloodborne as it was on sale based on how everyone raves about it in here. Don’t let me down thread.

I fired up an old save on PS5 to see what the new loading times are like and one thing led to the next, now I'm several bosses into a new character. It's real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How are the loading times?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's honestly great that the game had the arcane and hyper-specific weapon option of "double-bladed staff that splits into two swords when you mean business"

edit: soulcalibur vi that is

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

better

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's honestly great that the game had the arcane and hyper-specific weapon option of "double-bladed staff that splits into two swords when you mean business"

edit: soulcalibur vi that is

I like that one of the starters is basically “So did you like original Castlevania or Symphony of the Night more? Well here’s both!”

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah the load times aren't Demons Souls remake good but they're noticeably faster. I no longer groan when I have to jump to the Hunter's Dream to go to another lamp

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dewgy posted:

I like that one of the starters is basically “So did you like original Castlevania or Symphony of the Night more? Well here’s both!”

Threaded Cane for life

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I thought platting bloodborne would make me happy and I guess it did but I feel like I should be done with the game and move on for now but I just cant stop thinking about bloodborne. If it wasnt for Bugsnax I'd probably dive straight into ng+

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I beat RE7 and it was really cool. I watched a video on Madhouse mode and I think I might give it a couple attempts next summer. The Chris DLC is free I guess, what are the other DLCs? In the end I was absolutely swamped with ammo and health kits and nerve gas rockets and was popping steroids I found in the trash and all in all it was a pretty cool game that really had me tense up a bunch!

Also would like to report that my brother and I have cleared the first raid in Ghost of Tsushima. The multiplayer component, GoT: Legends, is loving SICK AS HELL. I was very skeptical but it’s just a really awesome and unique multiplayer experience.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The banned footage DLCs are whatever but End of Zoe is amazing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

I beat RE7 and it was really cool. I watched a video on Madhouse mode and I think I might give it a couple attempts next summer. The Chris DLC is free I guess, what are the other DLCs? In the end I was absolutely swamped with ammo and health kits and nerve gas rockets and was popping steroids I found in the trash and all in all it was a pretty cool game that really had me tense up a bunch!

Also would like to report that my brother and I have cleared the first raid in Ghost of Tsushima. The multiplayer component, GoT: Legends, is loving SICK AS HELL. I was very skeptical but it’s just a really awesome and unique multiplayer experience.

Madhouse is worth a playthrough if just because the unlock for it is infinite ammo, and it makes for the best victory lap of the game ever.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I thought platting bloodborne would make me happy and I guess it did but I feel like I should be done with the game and move on for now but I just cant stop thinking about bloodborne. If it wasnt for Bugsnax I'd probably dive straight into ng+

The hold Bloodborne has on fans is extremely powerful

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thinkin' bout Bloodborne, talkin' bout Bugsnax. It's the PS4 condition

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

Didn’t you play most of the game a while ago, but stopped somewhere towards the end? I might be thinking of kilometers Davis, but it’s strange to see someone get that far into Bloodborne without at least beating it, just judging from this thread alone and my friends who have played it, they either stop playing before Vicar Amelia or they beat it and the DLC and generally become somewhat obsessed with it. It’s weird that there’s very few people who are in between.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

haveblue posted:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My first thought was does this lady know what she's getting herself into with that? Then she's like "I hear it's like Dark Souls"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

I thought platting bloodborne would make me happy and I guess it did but I feel like I should be done with the game and move on for now but I just cant stop thinking about bloodborne. I

This is when you start ringing bells to help others.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

There isn't even a thread for Bugsnax. I feel like everyone burned out while it was still just a meme and nobody's actually playing it and it's really really good :(

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just picked up Outer Wilds on PS4 and it has a very noticeable input lag. I was just playing Ratchet and Clank which was very smooth so I don't know what gives. Only other thought is I recently got a new LG OLED TV but I wouldn't think that that would matter.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Late reply but congrats! That's a Bloodborne Boyz membership with honor, one of us one of us!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Imhotep posted:

Didn’t you play most of the game a while ago, but stopped somewhere towards the end? I might be thinking of kilometers Davis, but it’s strange to see someone get that far into Bloodborne without at least beating it, just judging from this thread alone and my friends who have played it, they either stop playing before Vicar Amelia or they beat it and the DLC and generally become somewhat obsessed with it. It’s weird that there’s very few people who are in between.

Yeah I played it like 3 years ago and got as far as nightmare of mensis where I didnt feel like dealing with the frenzy mechanic so I went into the dlc and literally ran out of blood vials beating my head against ludwig and gave up. Always meaning to come back to it but it wasnt until I beat dark souls last year that I ever felt competent while playing a souls game and then of course Esco's and VG's amazing runs through the game inspired me to pick it back up.

Killed ludwig in two attempts and after that I just felt unstoppable all the way through the end. Not sure what happened exactly. :11tea:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Plating bloodborne means you got the secret ending where You Kill Ghorman, then the moon presence and also had found all 4 umbilical cords you become a babby Cthonian?? If so, drat that's awesome.

I tried AC Origins and it also has the fan spin like crazy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I started Bugsnax and it is pretty enjoyable. Not exactly my kind of thing but I’m definitely having a good time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I want a physical release of Bugsnax please. I want that cover art on my shelf.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Plating bloodborne means you got the secret ending where You Kill Ghorman, then the moon presence and also had found all 4 umbilical cords you become a babby Cthonian?? If so, drat that's awesome.

I tried AC Origins and it also has the fan spin like crazy.

I just did it with cloud saves :baby:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I started Bugsnax and it is pretty enjoyable. Not exactly my kind of thing but I’m definitely having a good time.

It gets a lot better after the first set of quests and the puzzle design space really opens up

Bunger bunger bunger

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guillermus posted:

I want a physical release of Bugsnax please. I want that cover art on my shelf.

Fangamer has one, for those who really want to pay it.

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/bugsnax

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bugsnax is a super fun puzzle game and really well written. The only flaw is that it's not also on PSVR because it'd be perfect for it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I love bugsnax. Some of the snax are quite tricky to catch and makes for some great gaming moments when you pull it off. The buffalocust and flamin cheepoof come to mind

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

My fiancé and I played through bugsnax together and got the platinum last week, it was a really cool game to get for free with the PS5 and that last mission was sure something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Think I have a pinched nerve in my arm. Now I'm not saying it's due to playing through Dark Souls in just over a week, but it sure didn't help. Be sure and take care of yourselves gamers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Think I have a pinched nerve in my arm. Now I'm not saying it's due to playing through Dark Souls in just over a week, but it sure didn't help. Be sure and take care of yourselves gamers.

I got cramped hands from playing Dark Souls so much back when I was unemployed :gonk:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

PantsBandit posted:

If it doesn't go away, I would suggest visiting a neurologist about this. Certain types of pinched nerve are degenerative if not fixed, i.e. it will only get worse. Personal experience.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Anyone else have a fortnite application at the front of their dashboard today? I had tried it at one point years ago and deleted it pretty much immediately, but when I turned on my system out of rest mode it was there again. It deleted just fine, but it wasn’t even installed or showing up in my storage application to begin with.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Long use of a DS4 isn’t great in my experience either. Hopefully the DualSense will help with this.

Schremp Howard posted:

Anyone else have a fortnite application at the front of their dashboard today? I had tried it at one point years ago and deleted it pretty much immediately, but when I turned on my system out of rest mode it was there again. It deleted just fine, but it wasn’t even installed or showing up in my storage application to begin with.
There is an event and new season going on now so it might be a promotion. You can disable dashboard ads on the PS4 somewhere in the settings, check that.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 2, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did they ever patch Just Cause 4 or is it still a trainwreck? I didn't like 3 nearly as much as 2 but it's still a good explosions game

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Around what level should you be when you attempt the Old Hunters DLC in blood borne? I mean I already ran in there for the whirligig saw but where should I be when I try it for real?

When the Old Hunters originally came out I had just entered NG+ so it was BRUTAL. I’m interested in trying it out at a more reasonable difficulty..

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You should be reasonably capable of handling it around the time you deal with Rom. It's somewhat subjective though - not all areas are equally difficult and the bosses are simply a bitch and a half no matter when you try to fight them.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RBA Starblade posted:

Did they ever patch Just Cause 4 or is it still a trainwreck? I didn't like 3 nearly as much as 2 but it's still a good explosions game

they patched it with a ps5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vikar Jerome posted:

they patched it with a ps5.

lol welp