Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Fix my double negative there thanks I've only had like three and a half hours sleep

Also I agree on Obama overall, Sandwolf. Obama has had some better sounding posts (the adrenaline one inspired me to just look elsewhere and think for a while cause that is so "my brain on town"), but that isn't enough to exonerate him yet imo. I also think he's quite possibly just regrouped and changed his method of attack. And it wasn't coming off well to me at first.

yeah I think Hum and Squiggly's kneejerk reaction to that post was the correct one. the abrupt change in tone, the statement that he's gonna reread, he's rethought the game over, he's going to be a lot more even keel now...

and then he goes back to the same suspicions he's been harping on since beginning of game and is still debatably an OMGUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd rather do Obama over RF because Obama's flip will color RF's alignment to me, not so much vice-versa

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sandwolf posted:

strong disagree, it's very obvious to me Akbar got a pep-talk in scumchat. For example: he apologizes for being so OMGUS-y, and aww y'know, he gets why that's scummy now, really!

So he follows it up by throwing mud at me, who has been accusing him of scum most of the game, and I truly don't know why or how he's calling me scum. He even said it was mostly gut lol

Yeah, I'm still happy with Obama.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

he almost just won as scum were it not for a town with a vig and a wild hair up their rear end, this newbie argument doesn't hold weight anymore

Ask yourself this, how did I post in that game because it certainly wasn’t like this lmao. Do you think I’d seriously switch it up and draw loads of attention to myself after almost winning by mostly hanging back? I decided pretty early on this game to post with wild abandon as it’s not that interesting as town otherwise.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Ask yourself this, how did I post in that game because it certainly wasn’t like this lmao. Do you think I’d seriously switch it up and draw loads of attention to myself after almost winning by mostly hanging back? I decided pretty early on this game to post with wild abandon as it’s not that interesting as town otherwise.

I mean, this isn't incorrect, honestly, you did most differently there. But you also had a lot less heat on you, had Scientastic in scumchat to talk to, and it was a smaller game. Here I feel you've reacted pretty badly to pressure and I don't know how you would have reacted in that one under pressure so, this is kind of a moot point as far as 'convincing me' goes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

wait wait wait wait, you think I'm scum, why are you trying to convince me?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

also, part of Akbar's case on me, some sort of contrived connection to binus? is just bullshit, it's just false. on binus himself I have a neutral read on

Completely disingenuous, my point was that you decided two posters were town just because they both posted that binus wasn’t scum posting. This isn’t a comment on your connection with binus but the extremely flimsy reasoning of those two town reads.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

wait wait wait wait, you think I'm scum, why are you trying to convince me?

Lol you literally tried to make me reflect about my OMGUSing earlier, obviously posts are meant to be read by other players too

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ObamaAkbar. posted:

:goofy:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I'd rather do Obama over RF because Obama's flip will color RF's alignment to me, not so much vice-versa

In what way?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (4): sandnavyguy, Idle Amalgam, Squiggly, apostateCourier
ObamaAkbar. (3): Gumball Gumption, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig
Sandwolf (2): Yami Fenrir, Sandwolf, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir, b-minus1, ObamaAkbar., b-minus1
Retro Futurist (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar., Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Squiggly (1): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Hal Incandenza
CapitalistPig (1): ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist, ObamaAkbar.
Yami Fenrir (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (0): Squiggly, Squiggly
b-minus1 (0): Referee, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Referee
Gumball Gumption (0): CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist, CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist
Mr. Humalong (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
apostateCourier (0): Squiggly, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Squiggly
sandnavyguy (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, b-minus1
Idle Amalgam (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Yami Fenrir, apostateCourier

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Referee, t a s t e, Yami Fenrir

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 02nd, 2020 at 6 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 3 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hmm, I skimmed halloween ver and I find myself drawing some parallels, mostly tone wise.

I'm not entirely sold on voting them quite yet, though (Still got too many people to reread for that, I've been way too tired the last few days T.T).

Obama reads way different there than here, I feel like.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So while the tone is similar, the content is different, and it's causing me to hum and haw on the read quite a bit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh wow it's actually deadline soon? Ok yeah

##vote Obama

But seriously look at that AC vote, pushing me into the lead looks way more calculated now that I remember there's not like a whole nother day still left

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if Obama flips scum I can be fairly certain you're scum. If you flip scum I wouldn't be able to glean much of Obama's alignment from that.

if Obama flips town, I can feel somewhat better about you. If you flip town, I have NO new information on Obama.

also nice of you to show up when your name is said lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly would you flip to Akbar? SNG?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

So while the tone is similar, the content is different, and it's causing me to hum and haw on the read quite a bit.

don't forget it's Akbar themselves who brought this point up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Jesus christ I'm not reading 270 posts. Did I miss anything real or is it all slap fights?

Yowza

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

anyone trying to make Bif happen needs to reexamine themselves. Bif isn't happening today, short of Bif scumclaiming. She's a high content poster who keeps the game running and, much like myself when I am scum, the longer you keep her around the harder her scumgame is to play

her DRUNKENLY referring to her own meta is not a fuckin' slam dunk jfc

Who said it's a slam dunk I said I think it's scummy?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

don't forget it's Akbar themselves who brought this point up

Do you think it's fake? If so, why?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

apostateCourier posted:

Who said it's a slam dunk I said I think it's scummy?

well you pushed her into the lead in a plurality game hours before deadline sooooooooooo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hot drat SNG has still never unvoted or revoted since his freakin jokephase vote on me

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

So he follows it up by throwing mud at me, who has been accusing him of scum most of the game, and I truly don't know why or how he's calling me scum. He even said it was mostly gut.

You accused me of being scum after I pushed you on your weird GG town read and you got very defensive

Also weird that you’d just ignore my posts explaining why I think you’re scum beyond my gut

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hot drat SNG has still never unvoted or revoted since his freakin jokephase vote on me

I'm gonna reread him now. He's got like 20 posts so it should only take me 3 hours or so.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I mean you can think it’s a load of crap but I’ve given my reasons

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

sandwolf made good points as to why not bif

Also saying it's calculated is funny to me because I literally did not look at the vote board for the count before reacting to that post, also I forgot about the plurality rule :v:

##vote IA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

apostateCourier posted:

sandwolf made good points as to why not bif

Also saying it's calculated is funny to me because I literally did not look at the vote board for the count before reacting to that post, also I forgot about the plurality rule :v:

##vote IA

why are you voting IA over Akbar, I expect a very plain response to this

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

if Obama flips scum I can be fairly certain you're scum. If you flip scum I wouldn't be able to glean much of Obama's alignment from that.

if Obama flips town, I can feel somewhat better about you. If you flip town, I have NO new information on Obama.

also nice of you to show up when your name is said lol

I actually find myself agreeing with this, for the most part.

I just got to rereading RF and I am getting serious bad vibes from it.

It feels, even for the 23 posts they have, content lurker-ish and... (god I'm starting to hate that word) opportunistic even.

Retro Futurist posted:

I don’t like this post at all. I don’t see anything wrong with IA’s post and it straight up looks like yami is setting a foundation to call IA a godfather if they get copped. It’s bad

Retro Futurist posted:

Obama seems town to me and that's making pig look bad Rn.
I still have bad vibes on yami but I don't feel right voting them if they aren't going to be around for rl reasons today

I don't like this set of posts. They're pointing out a bad post (and honestly, it kind of was) but immediatedly excuse themselves from voting.

And then never do.

But they still call it out afterwards:

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean what do you call this?

Note that despite calling this out and having bad vibes on me they still haven't voted me all game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

A new game a new sand clan alliance.

Good morning, welcome to the 1 pm service of the church of sand, how may we exfoliate your soul today?

sandnavyguy posted:

Welcome,Yami, into the fold.

Also real talk I’ve heard a lot about this comic at it seems to have a decent backlog, is it a solid read?

Genre?

sandnavyguy posted:

By a lot I mean it’s been mentioned a bunch with uh, no details.

sandnavyguy posted:

Ah. So I don’t even have the medium right. This bodes well for my seductive reasoning this game :p

sandnavyguy posted:

Thanks Amni!

sandnavyguy posted:

Let’s hunt scum... together~ :wink:

sandnavyguy posted:

In all fairness it is my autocorrect that is Most thirsty.

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes, but... *closes mouth and walks away*

sandnavyguy posted:

I must focus on the celibacy of the pure sand, I have no time for Tinder.

Heresy! I never slip, my feet are firmly planted on the path of towniness.

##vote bif

You must see the light of the desert. Can I interest you in temporary membership?

sandnavyguy posted:

Well we got a solid 2 hours of jokephase in, I feel accomplished.

Jokephase garbage.

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not, I’m very town. My lips and hips can not lie. I’m just working and also wary of reading through the fight pages so I’ll do it when I’m home and give my reads FWIW.

sandnavyguy posted:

Imo any votes prior to a serious case are null at best. But nope my awkward cringe jokes are town once more.

"I promise I'm town" posting

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Such Defensiveness from AA this early leaves a sour taste.

And hypocritical as it may be I don’t think it’s a townie slap fight, and it would be a baaaad bus play.

I’m gonna do a comb through and post a case later when I get home, but Yami is coming in hot dual wielding and I need to see if it’s zealous scumhuntery or an early assertion of dominance by scum.

First actual content from sng here. It waffles without making any sort of call on either person he quotes.

sandnavyguy posted:

In Yami's defense they do tend to tunnel a lot, especially if they find something scummy to hang on to.

for example the inquisition last game on me in D5.

I'm getting the feeling that may just be their town game, similar to Bif, though bif tends to be more wideranging in her targets D1, but meta gaming is as bad as flavor gaming on D1.

getting rough Town vibes from Yami,

I disagree with my sand compatriot on scumball, he's pinging me.

Comes back to Yami to make a town call on him along with Bif, who he is still voting. Also tosses out a quick scum ping read on GG.

sandnavyguy posted:

So I have a gut meta read on bif being aggressive town this game, there’s something about her acerbic style that is a pretty clear read when she’s faking and I’m not seeing it.

AC vs IG is exhausting to read, but so far the fact they both are going for the jugular and tunneling makes me lean toward a slap fight more than before, we’ll see if that holds the next 5 pages or so.

Squiggly I’ve yet to see as scum but they are acting like they normally do, if anything the lack of PR shenanigans, while refreshing, are sus. Also, don’t like the very quick backpedaling, but if they really are doing a reread like I am it would be hypocritical to latch onto that so I’ll read him null for now.

Sandwolf is a bit too light on pressure for comfort, I fear betrayal in the cultchurch of sand.

Hal is kind of lurker pinging me but I’ve been wrong about him before.

TLDR, lots of null/town reads which ain’t gonna cut it chief so I’ll look harder.

meta read
slapfight read
null
null/scum ping
lurker ping (lol it's Hal)

another post that says nothing

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, yeah. If I didn’t mention someone at all, they are lurking so hard/banal I forget they are playing/ or they are prime lunch fodder for being ghosts.

That includes b-, but I can never read them, it’s almost like steak in that way.

vague lurker callouts and apparently cannot read binus?????

yeah SNG ain't looking great. Dude has posted more than me and yet is lurking harder.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Updated last will and testament

SCUM SCUM SCUMMY SCUM SCUM

Obama, RF, Squiggly, AC, SNG

There could quite probably be only four scum, so room for one of those to be wrong

Just in case too many of them are wrong, these folks may also be scummy in the following edge cases:

binus?

Hal if he's playing a distancing game?

Referee if he's playing a chill out, hang back, and sound reasonable game?

Taste for lurking the gently caress out?

CPig for just coasting on his usual gruff game to sound townie for a while, then not doing much except a bad unvote on Obama?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

feeling really good about this Akbar/RF thing, feels like they're tryna coordinate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

taste, vote Akbar with me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyone wanna do a last minute swerve to SNG

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyone wanna do a last minute swerve to SNG

nope, but I do agree with Hum's posts

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Eh, I think I prefer one of Obama/RF over a lurker vote (which, let's be fair, SNG is).

I think we get more info that way.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, I think I prefer one of Obama/RF over a lurker vote (which, let's be fair, SNG is).

I think we get more info that way.

I don't think he's a lurker vote at all, compare to say, Taste. SNG has been quiet for a while but he was around a bunch earlier

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't think he's a lurker vote at all, compare to say, Taste. SNG has been quiet for a while but he was around a bunch earlier

don't care. get more info off of the Akbar lunch. stop this Bif.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, I'd call it content lurking. Either way, like I said, Obama/RF gives us more info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

don't care. get more info off of the Akbar lunch. stop this Bif.

Hey I'm still voting Obama aren't I, the point needs to be made