Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

hey snout maybe you should take her back to mongreltown where she'll be safe and someone can care for her since you're like a day's journey away

no? you're just gonna keep going? knowing she's unstable and needs assistance, you're going to take her on a dangerous journey into the unknown?

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What the gently caress is with that hand?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Fingers only have one knuckle, thumbs have zero.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Think criticism about her nakedness got to him?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Billy Gnosis posted:

From where? All the half-dozen tweet replies he gets are people who like the comic unironically.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think he blew his load and then as the all consuming shame washed over him he decided now was a good time to cover her up.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

From where? All the half-dozen tweet replies he gets are people who like the comic unironically.

Good point, it depends how much he searches for feedback

If his patreon wasn't making money I'd wonder if we were the majority of his audience

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Cloacamazing! posted:

Wow. Plot progression. Corpse Bride now has a shirt that looks even worse than the clothes Snout usually wears. Still no pants or shoes, but hey, it's one third of an outfit.

Hey, ponchos are cool :mad:

Of course, generally with other clothes, and you know, Snout's previously been shown to be able to sew up actual clothes, so way to half-rear end it, buddy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
But how could you tell it was a woman if he sewed her a pair of pants?!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah at least she gets to wear clothing. I have no idea where Snout found a sack or whatever to turn into it but at this point who cares

Is it giant leaves from that tree a few pages weeks back?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Dalris Othaine posted:

Is it giant leaves from that tree a few pages weeks back?

It's almost certainly intended to be the fabric from this abandoned house in late October.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah at least she gets to wear clothing. I have no idea where Snout found a sack or whatever to turn into it but at this point who cares

He got it from the bare-limbed trees with no leaves on them.

Why is she wearing an ill fitting garbage bag instead of him just closing up the sides and making a dress or god forbid a shirt and pants.

Snout's riven Ms. Pac-Man hand is modeled after Mookie's own hand after he blasted so much rope to corpsewife that he grew bored with ogling her partially shaven gooch and hid it behind two banana leaves.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

It's been what? Three months? Four months? And she finally gets to wear clothing. Truly amazing storytelling, i can't wait for 3 months from now when she gets shoes so they can continue walking to who the gently caress knows

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

DamnitGannet posted:

And she finally gets to wear clothing.

Clothing of a sort that still lets Mookie draw her mostly naked whenever he gets horny.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Clothing of a sort that still lets Mookie draw her mostly naked whenever he gets horny.

Spoiler for tomorrow's comic: Lol yes it happened immediately

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Of course it did. My guess is her poncho gets blown up by a geyser as they walk across the a rasterized still of the blightlands from "the lion king."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It had better not be a homage to the Seven Year Itch.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This isn't how you teach language, but okay. I guess that SO MUCH happened this week that we need to relax and learn for the weekend.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Apparently Mookie just needed to relax too, because for this page he just flipped + traced a drawing from the page on 10/19:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I don't know what you're talking about, those are clearly different pictures. Look, she's wearing her poncho in the second one!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What a loving hack. Also hey Mookie, in flipping it now is she right or left handed? Because nobody would start teaching writing with both hands

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
At least he remembered to draw Snout's arm hair this time.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

One thing I'm not sure of is whether Corpsemomwife has only lost her memories and is disoriented from it or if she's supposed to have the mental faculties of a small child. Is she even able to comprehend that Snout is teaching her to write because that's their only form of communication? Or is she just copying what Snout put on the paper thinking that he's teaching her to draw strange symbols? It's just weird that they're going straight to this when we haven't even seen Corpsemomwife try to talk with Snout yet.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

amigolupus posted:

One thing I'm not sure of is whether Corpsemomwife has only lost her memories and is disoriented from it or if she's supposed to have the mental faculties of a small child.
That's something you and Mookie have in common.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

According to the necromancer's journal she's supposed to be a "blank slate". Clearly she knows how to walk and such, but doesn't know how to speak, and since Snout can't do that, he's doing what he can do.

Well, except for taking her back to Mongreltown where she'd be much safer and get help. But Snout is dumb as poo poo, so.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

PoptartsNinja posted:

At least he remembered to draw Snout's arm hair this time.

I'm concerned about Snout's foot just pouring out of the pants leg like that.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Theoretically, the third lump is supposed to be his heel, but that isn't what Mookie's actually drawn, so it looks like he has 3 toes on that foot, which would actually be far more in keeping with what mongrelfolk look like in this comic, but who gives a gently caress.

So Snout just shows corpsewife the feelings chart and she'll be literate in the next comic, huh. Great.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgHQEMMgOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Mookie hasn't discovered the talking heads trick yet.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It bugs me how Snout went straight to teaching Corpsemomwife how to write rather than teaching her sign language instead. It's been a year and five months since this comic began and we've never seen Snout try to sign at someone, so this could've been the perfect moment for Snout to show Corpsemomwife and readers some basic ASL that they can use to talk with others.

But no, Snout's gonna teach her how to write because Mookie is a lazy hack who refuses to engage with writing a deaf protagonist.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's a pass, because Mookie Snout has given no indication that he knows sign language exists.

VVVV A pun worthy of Spark the Cat.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 6, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Then explain this

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mookie just be honest with your audience and tell them you need to make Snout talk.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Kavak posted:

Mookie just be honest with your audience and tell them you need to make Snout talk.

But this way he can eat up more days with filler and also fellate himself on Twitter

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Get ready for a wild mild week!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Think the next update will be the alleged gate or will we do another cycle of teaching corpsemom to read, followed by a dream and then some more walking?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They touched balls, admired the giant mushrooms, and then sat down to bask in the afterglow.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Oh no guys I think Mookie's replaying Morrowind.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

super sweet best pal posted:

Think the next update will be the alleged gate or will we do another cycle of teaching corpsemom to read, followed by a dream and then some more walking?

You know the truth. It's more walking. It's always more walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It has been less than two weeks since Snout met the Ink Witch and his house got exploded.