Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to die of covid anyway. Might as well be on ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
I bought a bunch of those novelty jerseys like a big idiot. Couldn't resist the Whalers/Nordiques throwbacks and the ugly-rear end Coyotes jersey.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It was obvious in like May that the best bet for hockey was a bubble playoffs and anything beyond that would be incredibly difficult to impossible so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised shits not working out!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
If baseball could do it why can't hockey just do the same? Just move all the Canadian teams to the states.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If baseball could do it why can't hockey just do the same? Just move all the Canadian teams to the states.

I think if they had a choice it would probably be the other way around

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/walsha/status/1333931723067772929?s=20
Ohh Hockey is trying to be baseball now

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Baseball has multiple players that will never play again because of long term covid complications so maybe lets not.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Please cancel hockey, I can't afford seeing my beautiful baby boy Carter Hart go down

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good soup! posted:

Please cancel hockey, I can't afford seeing my beautiful baby boy Carter Hart go down

It would be the most Flyers' thing to happen so now it is written in stone

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Baseball has multiple players that will never play again because of long term covid complications so maybe lets not.

On the other hand, they seem content to keep Tom Wilson in the league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

It was obvious in like May that the best bet for hockey was a bubble playoffs and anything beyond that would be incredibly difficult to impossible so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised shits not working out!

Except this likely stoppage has nothing to do with health concerns and is entirely about money. Like it always is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Kraken are already courting their hometown boy...

https://twitter.com/NHLSeattle_/status/1333911214250889218?s=20

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Cartoon Man posted:

The Kraken are already courting their hometown boy...

https://twitter.com/NHLSeattle_/status/1333911214250889218?s=20

Please, take that contract.

Are they going to release more of the jerseys that are customizable, or is it just the star player and blank jerseys?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

"Kraken" has taken on an unpleasant connotation in the past week or two

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Except this likely stoppage has nothing to do with health concerns and is entirely about money. Like it always is.

The money part was always a huge part of why they wouldn't play a season since it was obvious then that most of the teams wouldn't have fans.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Maybe try Mutant Hockey League instead.

God dammit, you got me excited they remade it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Do you have a source for this? It sadly doesn’t surprise me, so I’d like to see more.

And what am I missing about Kraken picking up an uncomfortable connotation?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Arivia posted:

And what am I missing about Kraken picking up an uncomfortable connotation?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ection-results/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh well, cancel the team then.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I guess the Kraken will be Gritty's mortal enemy?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

cool, change that stupid rear end name to Sockeye

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they want to name them after a bunch of red bottom feeders they could always be the Flames.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

it does? who?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm guessing he's thinking of Eduardo Rodriguez, who by all accounts will be playing next season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm guessing he's thinking of Eduardo Rodriguez, who by all accounts will be playing next season.

Myocarditis as a complication from covid does sound pretty terrifying though.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ginette Reno posted:

Myocarditis as a complication from covid does sound pretty terrifying though.

I mean it's "just" inflammation of the heart and the severity of it can vary greatly. A mild case can heal up fine, a severe case could be a problem. You just don't know if you're going to get a mild or severe case :shrug:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ah yes, it's understandable how Ranger fans in particular can be ambivalent about athletes developing a heart condition

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Koopa Kid posted:

Ah yes, it's understandable how Ranger fans in particular can be ambivalent about athletes developing a heart condition

drat. :tviv:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Koopa Kid posted:

Rack em

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Koopa Kid posted:

*clears throat while wearing a cowboy hat*

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Koopa Kid posted:

Wowahweewah

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/cxt6eNn.gifv

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Koopa Kid posted:

Yikes

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I really thought that was an Aphrodite post at first

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

god drat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

I really thought that was an Aphrodite post at first

I only do Letang heart stuff.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm assuming that's a Cherepanov joke? :yikes:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

I still see this when I close my eyes

The breakaway pass, not the

Not the dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fifty Three posted:

I'm assuming that's a Cherepanov joke? :yikes:

Correct. That was :thejoke:.