Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Washington Lame-O's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
(Seattle), Washington SuperSonics

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Redskin Washingtons

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Washington Catatonics

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Washington Football Mans

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Washington Shitposts

...!
Oct 5, 2003

DC Redskins

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Washington Lincolns

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Washington Fuckfaces

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Washington Rednecks

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Washington Redskins, but rebranded as a badly sunburned pasty-white DC lanyard type.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Washington Swamp Creatures
The Washington Diaper Dons

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

il serpente cosmico posted:

What if they come back next year with an even more racist name?

I think it’s been said they may stay with Football Team through next season as well before getting another name.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

fartknocker posted:

I think it’s been said they may stay with Football Team through next season as well before getting another name.

Yeah this is everything that I've read. Speculation is that Danny Boy has a name he likes, but the copyright is owned by the squatter who broke in the news over the summer and they can't come to an agreement. No idea if that is accurate, but christ I want it to be.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah this is everything that I've read. Speculation is that Danny Boy has a name he likes, but the copyright is owned by the squatter who broke in the news over the summer and they can't come to an agreement. No idea if that is accurate, but christ I want it to be.

The Washington Anti-Squatters

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah, there were a few stories about that, but all the details are vague. Like, one had some local real estate guy registered a fuckton of trademarks (Some of which Snyder may have had in the past but lapsed?) and it was one of those that they wanted? There was also a rumor that they had a name but Nike wanted them to wait, and with possible COVID issues impacting next season as well (Namely fans at games) they want to wait till things are normal...

Honestly, I think the biggest delay on it is Washington Football Team, while everybody laughed at first, has worked well as a placeholder and proven to not be a full on joke. Hell, it seems to be reasonably well liked. So, they’ll let that ride for longer than planned before the actual new name comes out (At which point they can sell even more new merchandise with the new name/logo).

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, there were a few stories about that, but all the details are vague. Like, one had some local real estate guy registered a fuckton of trademarks (Some of which Snyder may have had in the past but lapsed?) and it was one of those that they wanted? There was also a rumor that they had a name but Nike wanted them to wait, and with possible COVID issues impacting next season as well (Namely fans at games) they want to wait till things are normal...

Honestly, I think the biggest delay on it is Washington Football Team, while everybody laughed at first, has worked well as a placeholder and proven to not be a full on joke. Hell, it seems to be reasonably well liked. So, they’ll let that ride for longer than planned before the actual new name comes out (At which point they can sell even more new merchandise with the new name/logo).

I gotta disagree on the well-liked point. All my friends who are fans are either ambivalent on the name or really dislike it. I can't think of a single fan I know who is excited at the prospect of keeping the name other than for the oddity and lols of the whole situation.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

drunk leprechaun posted:

I would actually respect Dan if he made the name just to spite that guy, like the Wahington gently caress You Greg's.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

drunk leprechaun posted:

I gotta disagree on the well-liked point. All my friends who are fans are either ambivalent on the name or really dislike it. I can't think of a single fan I know who is excited at the prospect of keeping the name other than for the oddity and lols of the whole situation.

How big is that sample size?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

How big is that sample size?

I grew up in the VA suburbs of DC and still live in the general area(Baltimore). Most all my childhood friends are fans, and a fair number of people I know from college and adulthood are as well. I've probably talked to 30-40 people about it. The only people who support it(myself included, though I'm not much of a WFT fan these days) do so ironically or for the lolls.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

CocoaNuts posted:

The Washington Anti-Squatters

The Washington Landlords

The Washington Sunburns

The Washington Caucasians

The Washington Whites

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Hardly an exciting development here. Looks like Snyder is fond of bland.

Team sources tell us owner Daniel Snyder is strongly considering sticking with the Washington Football Team -- for good reasons that we'll get into in a moment -- but we're also told the Washington Football Club is also in the running.

Washington Football Team or Washington Football Club? WFT or WFC?

Let's break it down. WFT has a lot going for it ... head coach Ron Rivera has the team playing well lately. Yeah, they're only 6-8, but that's good enough to top the NFC East and, as of now, they're in the playoffs. Winning cures all.

As for WFC ... we're told some folks in the organization like the tip of the hat to Premier League powerhouses Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal ... all of which use the FC handle.

Now, we're told it's not a lock Snyder goes with either WFC or WFT ... but he is keen on both. The team hasn't picked a deadline to make a final choice, but it's reportedly eyeing the 2022 season to debut the new permanent handle.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/22/washington-football-team-dan-snyder-new-name-favorites/

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The NFL has got TEAMS dagummit we ain't got no CLUBS.

The only clubs us Americans are aware of in football is when Deacon Jones clubs Men (and women) in the earhole.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

DCFC is right there

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Washington Football Cult
Washington Football Klan
Washington Football Sexual Predators

Those are things with long, rich histories in the U.S. and very related to the franchise, much more so than Club.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The Washington Bulldogs

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I actually really don't like the idea of sticking with Washington Football Team or something similar. I can't shake the feeling that it's an underhanded way for Snyder to throw a bone to fans who just want to keep calling them the Redskins, likely because he probably feels the same way.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
WFT more like WTF

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I'm generally not dyslexic but when I see WFT, my brain automatically reads it as WTF.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Get Off the Snydes...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1341917058091646977

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Don’t read the comments. I can’t believe there are STILL people who defend Dan Snyder lmao god drat sycophants

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Washington Warlocks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Don’t read the comments. I can’t believe there are STILL people who defend Dan Snyder lmao god drat sycophants

In this era you cannot discount the possibility that a billionaire has paid for bots to support him

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Washington Glorious Snyders

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol: at Danny Boy trying to make this sound like a bad thing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Washington John Rigginses

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Washington yeah pplay pretty pppppp lol lot l

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:hai:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington No Pivots.

(Dwayne Haskins was just released.)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30613088/washington-football-team-releases-qb-dwayne-haskins-sources-say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ll give you even odds that he paid someone to write those comments

E.f.b.