Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But they were in the hardcore ARMOR ALWAYS ON cult. So why would they willingly toss away their armor?

Religious doctrine can only take morale so far. When enough of your buddies are dead and things look pretty bleak, that "I have to get the hell out of here" voice gets in anyone's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

nine-gear crow posted:

And when he takes the helmet off, he kinda looks like he's a "Dorian".

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...that works too well, stop it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vinylshadow posted:

...that works too well, stop it

Don't make me do Elliot as Cara and Turk as Greef

Because I'm lazy and couldn't make it look even halfway good

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Its Rinaldo posted:

Don't make me do Elliot as Cara and Turk as Greef

Because I'm lazy and couldn't make it look even halfway good

Finally my 20 years of Photoshop finally pay off

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Filoni is just setting us all up for the big Plo Koon force ghost reveal at some point in the next two episodes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerusalem posted:

Just put Benoit Blanc into a Star Wars movie and don't explain anything, he's just there and solving a crime involving a bunch of eccentric Imperial or Republic assholes or something.

Honestly one of the best ways to make a Star Wars thing is to take some stock genre and set it in the Star Wars universe. That's practically what it's made for.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vinylshadow posted:

:discourse: I'm glad this dumb joke continues

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Its Rinaldo posted:

:discourse: I'm glad this dumb joke continues

"Who has two thumbs and would like to see the baby?"

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I would go so far as to say the Armorer knew mando was going to have a lot of Imperial heat so she played up how many were gone. She knew he would draw the heat off entirely with the Imperials

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Fun thought exercise. How could this show (realistically) jump the shark?

My answer? Time travel.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

GoutPatrol posted:

If you want to bring back Luke or Han, couldn't you first have an end season teaser with a low-res hologram CG model with their voice, and see what the audience response is, and then move from there in the new season?

I'm pretty certain whoever it might be won't actually be there in anything more than a teaser scene to hype the next season but it's probably not going to be Han.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vinylshadow posted:

If only you'd spent as long studying repetition. Begun, these clone words have.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

I dunno, if it retcons the sequel trilogy away it might somehow manage the opposite. (also, they technically already did that with the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Will they won't they with Mando and Bo-Katan

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Filoni already sort of did it in rebels. I'm going to say the Jar Jar is actually the Sith Lord theory confirmed.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Life day special.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Darth Vader clone

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Angsty Teenage Grogu

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Confirming the sequels happened.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Confirming the sequels happened.

2/3rds of the Sequels happened. For some reason there’s no Episode IX and nobody can figure out why exactly...

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

2/3rds of the Sequels happened. For some reason there’s no Episode IX and nobody can figure out why exactly...

*waves hands like you don't want any death sticks*

chuds

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Luuke

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

That's a tough one. Last year I said I'd be out if they really brought in Ashoka, but now I'm rooting for her to get a spin off show. So with reservation I'll say,

A: If they bring in the annoying kid from Rebels I'm probably out, but they may surprise me again.

B: If they bring in Luke I might be out.

B.2: If they bring in Luke and he's not played by Mark Hamill (De-aged or otherwise) I'm 100% out.

edit:

Also this,

piL posted:

Life day special.

Unless they digitally resurrect Bea Arthur.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 6, 2020

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Frankenstyle posted:

That's a tough one. Last year I said I'd be out if they really brought in Ashoka, but now I'm rooting for her to get a spin off show. So with reservation I'll say,

A: If they bring in the annoying kid from Rebels I'm probably out, but they may surprise me again.

B: If they bring in Luke I might be out.

B.2: If they bring in Luke and he's not played by Mark Hamill (De-aged or otherwise) I'm 100% out.

edit:

Also this,

Unless they digitally resurrect Bea Arthur.

I absolutely get where you're coming from on the Luke issue, and I love all of the original trilogy cast. If they wanted to feature Luke on an animated show and couldn't get Hamill in for that I'd be up in arms about that. But man, reading about characters like Luke, Han, and Leia getting into all kinds of crazy Star Wars adventures in the EU books was so much fun that I want to capture that magic again. Even with the dour state of things in the sequel trilogy, there's at minimum a solid 10-15 years of Star Wars time where the OT crew could really be mixing things up, and now that the live action Star Wars T.V. show bubble that people were so uncertain about has been completely burst I'm ready for them to flood the market with shows and characters that I'd love to see doing their thing at various points in the Star Wars timeline.

Give me a Star Wars political thriller with Leia in the New Republic government, and the First Order beginning to gain power behind the scenes. Give me a fun Rogue Squadron show with rad dogfights against various imperial holdouts and space pirates. Definitely give me the show featuring Ahsoka, Ezra, and Thrawn that they'd be fools not to make now that they've teased it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Filoni already sort of did it in rebels.

And it should stay there, especially given his bullshit about it not actually being time travel because ~reasons~.

At least he seemed to say that he thought bringing it back would be a bad idea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Best part of that was having Palpatine being openly cackling evil towards Ezra when he thought he (Palpatine) finally had the macguffin, and then the moment he realized he didn't suddenly pretending to be a kindly old man and fully expecting Ezra to completely be tricked and give it to him (which to be fair he almost did!)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Chewbacca's family showing up

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Mando gets a 100% beskar replacement Razor Crest as a quest reward.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

jivjov posted:

Yes. I know. That's what I'm saying. The first lead latinx character in a star wars film, Poe, introduced in TFA, was post-facto deemed to be a drug dealer. This happened in TRoS.
Pretty much every character we meet in Star Wars that isn't already in the Empire or the Rebellion is a bounty hunter or smuggler.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

teagone posted:

I haven't played enough to judge Cal as a character, but I will just mention again, that the main character being yet another white dude really killed any interest I had in Fallen Order. Doesn't matter if the character is super generic as they come, give me a character to play as that isn't just another white guy please. Thanks.

Yeah I feel like some posters are missing the point of what I was trying to say.

I don’t think POC only deserve boring self-insert blank slate characters. I’m just saying if you’re going to make a movie/TV show/video game with a blank self-insert, at least make them more diverse than “the functional default for all media made before 1975”. I would love it if every character had personality and flair and pathos and idiosyncracies, but in the absence of any of that, minority fans deserve better than every new protagonist being created for the franchise looking exactly the same as Mark Hamill or Daisy Ridley.

BrotherJayne posted:

... he's a stuttering, eye contact avoiding, hunch shouldered manlet with an underbite

How the gently caress are you guys seeing Sheplo, lol. He's got lots of personality, he's just a goober, the sort that gets ignored their whole life

LMAO you keep conflating “badly designed and improperly rigged 3D model” with “character design” and it’s very funny. If you look at concept art he wasn’t supposed to be any of those things, but in game he looks EXACTLY like Sid from Toy Story.

Isometric Bacon posted:

Literally any romance plot. I love how fiercely uninterested in sex this show is.

Also this “Poe was a drug dealer” stuff is coming to you from the same franchise where Lando, the only black dude in the entire universe, exists only to double cross Han Solo and then steal all of his clothes.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Stormtroopers being utterly loving useless at all times irritates me. I know they’ve always been poo poo but man they might as well be those lovely prequel paper droids for all the tension they add to any scene. There’s never any doubt that the main characters will just be totally immune to them. Their retreat made no sense in the context of them not making any progress at any point from the moment they touched down.

I mean seeing chub Boba go medieval on some of them was enjoyable but there’s zero catharsis in it, it’s just rote.

Also what’s up with them being totally unable to hit Fennec at all, then as soon as Mando is involved they’re plinking of his armour like they’re using an aimbot.

Season 1 felt a lot less episodic, until the last couple of episodes this season might as well have been The A-Team.. In Space!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Mando's new ship should be a Basilisk War Droid.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 6, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Frankenstyle posted:

That one armed Wampa finally tracked him down and really hosed up his face this time

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Nah, that would work, because they could erase the sequel trilogy.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Isometric Bacon posted:

My answer? Time travel.

Making the story about explaining how palpatine/snoke got cloned.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Mando's new ship should be a Basilisk War Droid.

They're ancient and basically just a mecha gundam suit with no room for passengers or comfortable cruising around the galaxy. EU Basilisk's they make out of beskar though........ those would be sweet.

Sadly I kind of think he's gonna end up with slave 1

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Durzel posted:

this season might as well have been The A-Team.. In Space!

How is that a bad thing ?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Spookydonut posted:

Making the story about explaining how palpatine/snoke got cloned.

that's obviously exactly what they're doing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can a lore nerd explain to me why the blue butterflies are indicative of an Anakin Skywalker point of contact because if that’s the case I feel like that really strengthens the fan theory that baby Yoda and Anakin Skywalker are the exact same age and linked through the force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Bust Rodd posted:

Can a lore nerd explain to me why the blue butterflies are indicative of an Anakin Skywalker point of contact because if that’s the case I feel like that really strengthens the fan theory that baby Yoda and Anakin Skywalker are the exact same age and linked through the force.

There’s a scene in the Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comic where he sees glowy blue butterflies while meditating. Seems more to me like it’s a generic Force-as-life-essence thing than specific to Vader though.