Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stopped reading here, as this is an ongoing underlying issue on the forums in general. I'm just supposed to smile and take this while the same people are in charge here? No thank you

Your enemies are gone. Fyad is back. Rejoice my friend and no need to let them live rent free in your mind, in your brain in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so do we need to fill out 15 more pages of pointless slapfights like last time or can we just skip to the mods reversing the bans and closing the thread

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Ash Crimson posted:

Your enemies are gone. Fyad is back. Rejoice my friend and no need to let them live rent free in your mind, in your brain in your head

they are literally still being called nazis and bigots, like daily lmfao.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
The more this goes on, the loving dumber it gets.

If someone bought smarxist an avatar quoting his magnum opus, is that helldumping? We'd better get rid of red text purchases, just in case it might be used to make fun of someone on this website.

People still might remember his username, so maybe we can change all of our usernames into long sequences of numbers and letters and get rid of personal avatars at all. That way you can't tell who anybody is and can't hold stupid posts against anyone.

Then we'll be safe to get back to overthrowing the state in peace.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

maybe the admin meant to ban that “I’m gonna take you out to the back woods and beat the poo poo out of you” guy but clicked on the wrong post

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Honestly the post in question is not particularly funny, so I can see why it might be perceived that people are reposting it for forums grudge harassment reasons, because I don't particularly see reasons other than forums grudge harassment reasons to continue making fun of it for longer than like, a month after it happens.

So I guess my recommendation is if you're making fun of other users, consider making fun of stuff that is actually somewhat funny instead of mostly just long winded and boring.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

reignonyourparade posted:

Honestly the post in question is not particularly funny, so I can see why it might be perceived that people are reposting it for forums grudge harassment reasons, because I don't particularly see reasons other than forums grudge harassment reasons to continue making fun of it for longer than like, a month after it happens.

So I guess my recommendation is if you're making fun of other users, consider making fun of stuff that is actually somewhat funny instead of mostly just long winded and boring.

it’s extremely funny

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
these bans are garbage, just like the posters involved

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

People can't live inside of brains, they are too large to fit.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Augus posted:

maybe the admin meant to ban that “I’m gonna take you out to the back woods and beat the poo poo out of you” guy but clicked on the wrong post

why would that be bannable in cspam?

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

Risking a probe here to post very generally;

I like CSPAMs culture of generally not singling out/targeting people to be "made fun of", we don't do a lot of posting about posting in general, unless it's really one off tangent in a shitposty chat thread, and I'd prefer to keep it that way for literally ever.

I also consider SA to be my main online home, and I'd hate to feel like I can't post anywhere in a forum with a lot of my friends and people I like and who like me for fear of a jolly band of good fun havers bursting in to "make fun of me" a lot and derail threads based on their judgment of the threads validity, when they're not even regulars or staff of that forum, especially if most people don't give a gently caress about the ribbing or the petty drama connected to it

I don't feel uncomfortable or unwelcome at SA, especially not in my home forum, and nothing about a dumb thing that happened a year ago is going to change that, no matter how many hundreds of times its aggressively posted at me. I'm glad the staff of my favorite forum and creative home largely agrees with me, that's why I love 'em!

Were I to take it upon myself to go somewhere I wasn't welcome to have a good time making fun of someone that was well liked there, maybe one of the places i've been mentioned by name several times, including a poster who casually threw out baseless accusations against me being a "sex pest" and only receiving a week probe, celebrating about how i "just needed a little push" to meltdown or whatever (like they're the FUKKEN JOKKER BABEY), why, I imagine I'd get quite the backlash.

Anyways, I just want to post in peace in places I feel welcome to, and I feel like as long as I abide by the forums rules and stay on topic that should be just about everywhere, does THAT seem like a crazy request? Isn't all this *waves hands around* more embarrassing than a loving ban me about an offsite? Food for thought. I'll take your answer off air.

I like CSPAMs culture of generally not singling out/targeting people to be "made fun of", we don't do a lot of posting about posting in general, unless it's really one off tangent in a shitposty chat thread, and I'd prefer to keep it that way for literally ever.

I also consider SA to be my main online home, and I'd hate to feel like I can't post anywhere in a forum with a lot of my friends and people I like and who like me for fear of a jolly band of good fun havers bursting in to "make fun of me" a lot and derail threads based on their judgment of the threads validity, when they're not even regulars or staff of that forum, especially if most people don't give a gently caress about the ribbing or the petty drama connected to it

I don't feel uncomfortable or unwelcome at SA, especially not in my home forum, and nothing about a dumb thing that happened a year ago is going to change that, no matter how many hundreds of times its aggressively posted at me. I'm glad the staff of my favorite forum and creative home largely agrees with me, that's why I love 'em!

Were I to take it upon myself to go somewhere I wasn't welcome to have a good time making fun of someone that was well liked there, maybe one of the places i've been mentioned by name several times, including a poster who casually threw out baseless accusations against me being a "sex pest" and only receiving a week probe, celebrating about how i "just needed a little push" to meltdown or whatever (like they're the FUKKEN JOKKER BABEY), why, I imagine I'd get quite the backlash.

Anyways, I just want to post in peace in places I feel welcome to, and I feel like as long as I abide by the forums rules and stay on topic that should be just about everywhere, does THAT seem like a crazy request? Isn't all this *waves hands around* more embarrassing than a loving ban me about an offsite? Food for thought. I'll take your answer off air.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Augus posted:

Twice?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

saint anime posted:

Jesus Christ, mods can we get a ban queued?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

reignonyourparade posted:

what? it's incredibly funny. i'm irl concerned for you, now

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Bonaventure posted:

it’s extremely funny

It's the best.

Free my posting friends and punish my enemies.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

they are literally still being called nazis and bigots, like daily lmfao.

so whats the solution then? banning/probing everyone who mentions or alludes to the drama? can't you see how that could just as easily come back to bite your rear end

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Goonlord's Prayer

You're being toxic.
And if you're not, you're not funny.
And if you are, you're being creepy.
And if you're not, then you're being obsessive.
If you're not obsessive, then you're boring.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ash Crimson posted:

so whats the solution then? banning/probing everyone who mentions or alludes to the drama? can't you see how that could just as easily come back to bite your rear end

Maybe cspan needs all new mods.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

Nobody respond to this pathetic troll

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Ash Crimson posted:

Maybe mods and IKs that don't probe them and post nazi gifts as the probation reason for one!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Defund the cspam mods

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Woodpile posted:

This isn't that loving hard. Are the mods/admins egos so loving fragile that they'd rather not lose face than overturn an obviously bullshit ban? What the gently caress? Must be some weird cliques in those circles for this to not have happened yet.

E: it looks like this had a happy ending!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 7, 2020

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kongming posted:

The Goonlord's Prayer

You're being toxic.
And if you're not, you're not funny.
And if you are, you're being creepy.
And if you're not, then you're being obsessive.
If you're not obsessive, then you're boring.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Remember when there was a thread about how maybe we should make a rule against calling people Nazis without any basis and then the staff promised that it was under discussion and that they would post an update shortly and it's been like a year and we haven't heard anything?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Have the bullshit bans been reversed yet?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

For one, the braincase is a rather cramped part of the anatomy. There isn't much room for any object to be lodged in it safely besides the brain itself. I'm pretty sure a person fitting and then also leaving and coming back comfortably is right out although I'll need more time to crunch some numbers and make some calls.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I went and watched Football. I don't think some bans are a FORUMS EMERGENCY that needs solved right that second. Sorry they waited an extra few hours. I'm catching up on posts.

scary ghost dog posted:

Can I get a mod or admin to comment on how an admin lied about the amount of input they received from their peers before making a ban decision so that they wouldn't be held responsible? Do we need admins that are so utterly unconcerned with precedent and consistency that they'll approve any ban they're browbeaten into? Should I be wondering if Squizzle has some kind of leverage over the admin team?

Nothing I said was a lie. I talked to every Admin and they all gave input last night in addition to the relevant mods. Roth was incorrect.

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

You approved the Ban though? Don't approve a ban you don't agree with I would suggest. Let one of the majority Admins do it if they feel so strongly.

As an Admin you should feel free to tell a Mod the punishment is too harsh, and adjust accordingly if you need to push the button, or even just if you're the most likely to face the backlash here.

This is fair. I honestly think mods know their forum best. There was some posts in FYAD the other day people brought up to me. I went to the mods there to ask and we had a great back and forth. I had a view I shared with them, but I valued what the mods over there told me, and I felt satisfied they had it handled after talking it over.

As the Admin who posts in QCS, I'll answer for whatever.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Admins in general need to stop letting "mod consensus" or whatever push them around. There were times I should have pushed back against things I disagreed with, and I failed to do so because I'm a chump with poor social skills and no management experience. I regretted it every time, unsurprisingly. I should have just read a book on personnel management or whatever, and I hope the current admins will do so. If you think a decision is bad, say so. Even if everyone else in the mod forum agrees with it. At worst, you'll get an angry PM or something, and who cares about that? Learn from my mistakes, people.

Thanks for this. This is the advice I'm going with.

I reversed the bans and applied an equal probation to both accounts (retroactive to the posts). I think the posts are worth a probation and will stand by that. Running into a thread to poo poo on someone (even if the person is a gently caress), should not be the standard on the forums. I agree that a ban with no ramp is jumping too far. Probations are one thing, crossing the "pay money" line is another.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

smarx overreacting to lowtax being an rear end in a top hat feels like such a weird thing to be mocking a year later

thats not whats funny about it lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Ash Crimson posted:

how about enforcing the rule the mods spent months debating that eventually came out to be "do not baselessly accuse people of being bigots" and enforcing it equally because thats the problem. if its an actual rule people have to respect then the problem will be solved over time. you know this and your little devil may care bit because youre so Over It doesnt fool anyone. i would hope that since you were part of that dustup and have expressed regrets, you would be part of the solution. its not over until solutions are put in place and people are genuinely redeemed. unlike the rest of the people here i will speak genuinely to you. please actually respect that and meet me genuinely.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Maybe mods and IKs that don't probe them and post nazi gifts as the probation reason for one!

I think LAB's post and the whole thread where the admins admitted the forums basically got swept up in a witch hunt might need to be enforced as forum truth instead of letting "fyad was full of Nazis" fester in subforums, since it seems like some are still keeping fyad Nazi kill lists

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

Nobody respond to this pathetic troll

How am i a troll? You need to calm down and take a breather before you have a seizure orsome poo poo.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

good thing im not defending them

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

how about enforcing the rule the mods spent months debating that eventually came out to be "do not baselessly accuse people of being bigots" and enforcing it equally because thats the problem. if its an actual rule people have to respect then the problem will be solved over time. you know this and your little devil may care bit because youre so Over It doesnt fool anyone. i would hope that since you were part of that dustup and have expressed regrets, you would be part of the solution. its not over until solutions are put in place and people are genuinely redeemed. unlike the rest of the people here i will speak genuinely to you. please actually respect that and meet me genuinely.

except i am meeting you genuinely; if bringing up old drama or going after posting enemies is going to lead to probations i don't see how fyad posters aren't going to be punished when they do so within their forum for exactly that, fuckers like scary old dog don't seem to grasp that because their brain is so broken

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 7, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Athanatos posted:

I went and watched Football. I don't think some bans are a FORUMS EMERGENCY that needs solved right that second. Sorry they waited an extra few hours. I'm catching up on posts.

Nothing I said was a lie. I talked to every Admin and they all gave input last night in addition to the relevant mods. Roth was incorrect.

This is fair. I honestly think mods know their forum best. There was some posts in FYAD the other day people brought up to me. I went to the mods there to ask and we had a great back and forth. I had a view I shared with them, but I valued what the mods over there told me, and I felt satisfied they had it handled after talking it over.

As the Admin who posts in QCS, I'll answer for whatever.

Thanks for this. This is the advice I'm going with.

I reversed the bans and applied an equal probation to both accounts (retroactive to the posts). I think the posts are worth a probation and will stand by that. Running into a thread to poo poo on someone (even if the person is a gently caress), should not be the standard on the forums. I agree that a ban with no ramp is jumping too far. Probations are one thing, crossing the "pay money" line is another.

And there it is.

Ash Crimson posted:

How am i a troll? You need to calm down and take a breather before you have a seizure orsome poo poo.

good thing im not defending them

Fly away troll.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Athanatos posted:

Another qcs success story

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Justice has been restored here and dog murder guy is punished too.

People may forget the battles we wage here in QCS. But we don't do it for the glory.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Wizzanthos posted:

I think LAB's post and the whole thread where the admins admitted the forums basically got swept up in a witch hunt might need to be enforced as forum truth instead of letting "fyad was full of Nazis" fester in subforums, since it seems like some are still keeping fyad Nazi kill lists

Maybe the mods should be asked on the mod forum if they are prepared to give out month long probies to anyone who ever repeats the FYAD libels of a year ago, and the ones who aren't can give up their mod stars. Then after that nobody's in the position of being obligated to do something that they don't believe is right.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 7, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Telsa Cola posted:

Also Athanatos, dude, if you were a dissenting voice and other admins or mods pushed this through then it is in everyone's best interest that either the arguments they presented are brought up, or they bring it up themselves.

Being the dissenting voice in the matter means you probably are not going to do a good job defending the decision, and everyone is going to be pissed at you for doing so.

You are kinda stuck in a really indefensible spot though, because as a dissenting voice you absolutely should not have been the one to approve the bans. Or you really shouldn't have told us that you had misgivings about it, which would have also been lovely.

I'm fine with that. As the person who shows up to QCS, I'm going to get poo poo. I'm going to gently caress things up and make mistakes. I own it.

I'll always tell you what side of issues I am on. I've done it before and will continue to do it. I'll be honest with my feelings and what my thoughts were on things.

scary ghost dog posted:

but this website has dozens of subforums and everyone is allowed to post in all of them sight unseen.

I agree with this person.

As long as you haven't been specifically told to gently caress off out of a place, all the forums are open.

Just know you have to learn the rules of a place before you go put your thing down. Most of the forums have some rules you can pick up on by lurking a while, and the mods there are free to enforce them.

I have read every single post made in QCS since they forced me into here because sports was canceled. All of them. Sometimes I gently caress off and do other poo poo so I stop responding for a while.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
all the mods and admins involved in these bans should be stripped of their power, because they suck at their idiot volunteer job. even the admin that reversed the bans.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

Fly away troll.

You just need to live and let live rather than being constantly mad and holding grudges

see im learning from fyad to give respect and dignity to all and i respect u my friend i respect your decision to allow me to live in your head rent free for whatever reason youve concocted

maybe one day we can join hands and be free from this drama because despite what you may think i genuinely want this poo poo to be gone

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

You just need to live and let live rather than being constantly mad and holding grudges

see im learning from fyad to give respect and dignity to all and i respect u my friend i respect your decision to allow me to live in your head rent free for whatever reason youve concocted

maybe one day we can join hands and be free from this drama because despite what you may think i genuinely want this poo poo to be gone

im not reading a word of this and the issue the thread about was resolved so im unsubscribing from this thread. bye troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Please just stop responding to each other