Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do find it interesting how stealth and magic (hacking) have such strong synergy in the leaked skill trees. Usually, even 'classless' RPGs treat wizards and rogues as quite separate playstyles, but here, it seems like if you want to hack you want to be stealthy, and if you want to be stealthy, you want to hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm the eastern time, +5, around which all timezones are based

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
My ps4 countdown timer current shows midnight on the 10th. Could this be wrong? I thought it was 7pm on the 9th.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I think it all boils down to Microsoft having a marketing deal in place with CDPR and paying to have a guy at Xbox press a button the same time the CDPR people do, and that Sony is not doing that.

at least that's what my uncle at Nintendo told me

J/K Haha, my uncle is dead. RIP Uncle Hank

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 7, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

2 is good but super clunky. 3 is great but clunky at times too and kinda bloated.

quote:

quote:
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Thread reopened. In light of recent events we'll be reviewing recent bans issued in Cyberpunk threads, and changing how we vet members who handle controversial OTs in the future.

To address the elephant in the room, yes, we were fooled by Black Chamber. When staff reached out to him with concerns about Cyberpunk 2077 we expected confrontation, but in every conversation he was more cooperative than we had have hoped for. He put on a very good impression of a well-meaning idiot. The recurring accusations against him were that he was a shill; to our knowledge nobody had ever suggested he was a Trumper. I can't understate how devastating it is to learn the truth.

If you suspect that another member might be a troll or a Trumper please raise the concern through a report, a ticket, or a private message. If you have proof, we absolutely want to see it.

good old resetera, never change.

:laffo:

So "We couldn't find any wrongdoing and he was very reasonable and cooperative which proves he is a secret MAGA-terrorist therefore: :commissar:" is that about right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:laffo:

So "We couldn't find any wrongdoing and he was very reasonable and cooperative which proves he is a secret MAGA-terrorist therefore: :commissar:" is that about right?

reading their twitter. it wouldnt shock me if he was still chud but all the chud stuff is from at least 2 years ago,. now only the "CDPR is transphobic and evil" thread remains. there might be an OT still so i guess i will stay here for news.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 7, 2020

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

weg posted:

My ps4 countdown timer current shows midnight on the 10th. Could this be wrong? I thought it was 7pm on the 9th.

If you look at the bottom-left hand corner of the big yellow map, it says that consoles release the game at midnight local time. The times in the map are only for the pc release.

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

Dapper_Swindler posted:

2 is good but super clunky. 3 is great but clunky at times too and kinda bloated.

I was wondering where all the threads went on Era. I find it hilarious that Neogaf is the polar opposite of Era. I must have missed all the drama with Neogaf so was surprised to find out it is right-leaning now. I guess not like SA didn't have its own drama this year.

I am happy to hear reports the game has some heart since nothing official shown so far inspired a lot of confidence in that department.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

The Gadfly posted:

If you look at the bottom-left hand corner of the big yellow map, it says that consoles release the game on midnight local time. The times in the map are only for the pc release.

Ah weak, I had it backwards in my mind then. Thanks for clearing it up.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Deadreak posted:

I was wondering where all the threads went on Era. I find it hilarious that Neogaf is the polar opposite of Era. I must have missed all the drama with Neogaf so was surprised to find out it is right-leaning now. I guess not like SA didn't have its own drama this year.

I am happy to hear reports the game has some heart since nothing official shown so far inspired a lot of confidence in that department.

The owner of NeoGaf had some sexual harassment scandal I don't remember the details of and most of the sites membership posted banme's and started Era.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheesetriangles posted:

The owner of NeoGaf had some sexual harassment scandal I don't remember the details of and most of the sites membership posted banme's and started Era.

A women was super drunk in the shower and he decided to pop in fully nice.

He’s a super piece of poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deadreak posted:

neogaf basically dropped all modding except the essentials and than let whatever gross chuds and weird types do whatever because the sex pest owner needed money. era is basicaly Dnd/Cspam but dumber and worse. not everyone is bad and they have some good points but, echo chamber gonna echo chamber.

also i am not shocked that the game has heart. witcher 3 had pretty edgy marketing too plus an edgy cover and its legit weirdly wholesome at points.

https://youtu.be/CXWbUJXAVE0?t=278

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 7, 2020

Woden
May 6, 2006
Hearing all this NeoGaf history got me wondering what happened to the 4chan diaspora when the nazis took over? Just scattered to the four winds?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think I’m gonna cancel my PS physical order from Amazon. I’m paying $5 less or whatever but it comes god knows when on the 10th.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woden posted:

Hearing all this NeoGaf history got me wondering what happened to the 4chan diaspora when the nazis took over? Just scattered to the four winds?

It’s 4chan the Nazis never left.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woden posted:

most probably just grew up or moved to other places, i blew my high school years on chan boards and beyond a hosed up sense of humor and the tick of laughing at hosed up art, i am normal and not a nazi.

MarcusSA posted:

I think I’m gonna cancel my PS physical order from Amazon. I’m paying $5 less or whatever but it comes god knows when on the 10th.

just get it digital. that will make it easier when the free upgrade happens.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Twitter is in meltdown mode too about this game. Apparently dmca'ing leaked content is "stifling discussion and criticism of the game."

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Cause the glitches are Skyrim/Fallout 76 level of hilarious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Blue Raider posted:

What game was this?

I have a lot of regrets, and Mass Effect 3 was one of them.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, our pubes can have more colors than ME3's endings!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

Twitter is in meltdown mode too about this game. Apparently dmca'ing leaked content is "stifling discussion and criticism of the game."

They’re just pissed they can’t be the first dog to the bowl and get a million views on some mediocre reaction video.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wiltsghost posted:

Well in fairness those DMCA claims are horeshit. If you’re legally acquired the game then you should be Free to do what you want as long as it’s fair use.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well in fairness those DMCA claims are horeshit. If you’re legally acquired the game then you should be Free to do what you want as long as it’s fair use.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Fair enough I guess. I didn't really think about people who legally got the game early.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wiltsghost posted:

Fair enough I guess. I didn't really think about people who legally got the game early.

Like I’m a guy whose done corporate legal work, but first sale doctrine reigns supreme here and I’ll be damned if I let anyone gently caress with our ability to show lovely unpatched gameplay.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wiltsghost posted:

That's basically everyone who has the game right now.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the people playing the game right now are playing a build so bad that cdpr delayed the loving thing for the third time. i dont envy them

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
you don't buy games any more you license them

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Isn't the issue you can't stream it on the mega giant streaming sites? It's not a surprise they would close ranks with other corps. Is there anything stopping you from discord streaming or whatever the not-twitch/youtube options? I don't know poo poo about streaming because it bores the gently caress out of me.

ME Andromeda really freaked out big game companies. I've heard execs consider the 'memeable' quality of its screw ups to be the reason it went from rough launch to total disaster (whether that is true or not that was the lesson). I'm sure the idea of a game being streamed without its day 0 patch makes them panic.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySlippers posted:

Isn't the issue you can't stream it on the mega giant streaming sites? It's not a surprise they would close ranks with other corps. Is there anything stopping you from discord streaming or whatever the not-twitch/youtube options? I don't know poo poo about streaming because it bores the gently caress out of me.

ME Andromeda really freaked out big game companies. I've heard execs consider the 'memeable' quality of its screw ups to be the reason it went from rough launch to total disaster (whether that is true or not that was the lesson). I'm sure the idea of a game being streamed without its day 0 patch makes them panic.

It’s really a ToS issue then a legally issue, there is a post in the old thread (that I’m too lazy to find) where I break it down. Honestly Devs/Pubs and Streamers are in a weird stalemate and if it went to court one side could totally get its rear end blasted into the stratosphere.

Also the time between release and how the DMCA functions is to close. If this was more than 14 days out it would be a very interesting legal situation.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Zeta Acosta posted:

the people playing the game right now are playing a build so bad that cdpr delayed the loving thing for the third time. i dont envy them

Very curious to see how much the mythical Day One Patch fixes things. Get the feeling that even with the patch the game is going to be a lot more janky than some people might be prepared for.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can you actually color your pubic hair in this game.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s really a ToS issue then a legally issue, there is a post in the old thread (that I’m too lazy to find) where I break it down. Honestly Devs/Pubs and Streamers are in a weird stalemate and if it went to court one side could totally get its rear end blasted into the stratosphere.

Also the time between release and how the DMCA functions is to close. If this was more than 14 days out it would be a very interesting legal situation.

Is it really any kind of ToS or legal issue since it comes down to site administration? If twitch/youtube says x isn't allowed on their services that's just the end of it. If those companies honor the wishes of cdpr to take poo poo down the Cyberpunk ToS doesn't matter. I'm sure in the twitch/youtube ToS says they have the right to boot any content anytime they want. Streamers are just another kind of user at the sufferance of the site owners and any legal jargon from the site owners when they take poo poo down is pretext.

It would seem more like an abstract issue if a streaming site was refusing to take down footage and cdpr was involved in a dispute with the site itself. Like it isn't devs/pubs vs streamers it is devs/pubs vs streamer sites. If a game dev doesn't want their game streamed they don't fight StreamerBoi420 it's with whatever site they are streaming on.

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 7, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Very curious to see how much the mythical Day One Patch fixes things. Get the feeling that even with the patch the game is going to be a lot more janky than some people might be prepared for.

I think people have been playing Skyrim for 9 loving years, people will tolerate a truckload of bugs if there is even a halfway decent sandbox to play around in.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

What's funny is that the inciting incident is probably not even top 5 in dumb creepy poo poo he's done. Literally had some travel thread 7-8 years back where he explicitly talked about grabbing foreign rear end and acting like some machismo shitheel, doxxing women over a decade back with amirox who turned out to be an actual pedophile, "just asking questions" about that one muslim kid who made a clock or whatever, though it's not like the userbase that migrated to era was ever much better

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Fair use would be something you could pursue in court after a dmca counterclaim. The hosting companies here aren’t actually legally obligated to put stuff back up after a counterclaim. They don’t want to deal with legal stuff for even 1s because that costs money and most users don’t cost them money.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

My gut instinct agrees on more jank than prepared for, but I still wholly believe it'll also be good and fun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is it really any kind of ToS or legal issue since it comes down to site administration? If twitch/youtube says x isn't allowed on their services that's just the end of it. If those companies honor the wishes of cdpr to take poo poo down the Cyberpunk ToS doesn't matter. I'm sure in the twitch/youtube ToS says they have the right to boot any content anytime they want. Streamers are just another kind of user at the sufferance of the site owners and any legal jargon from the site owners when they take poo poo down is pretext.

It would seem more like an abstract issue if a streaming site was refusing to take down footage and cdpr was involved in a dispute with the site itself. Like it isn't devs/pubs vs streamers it is devs/pubs vs streamer sites. If a game dev doesn't want their game streamed they don't fight StreamerBoi420 it's with whatever site they are streaming on.

It’s just a personal quirk. I hate the term banned or illegal used in the context of this. Mostly it’s just ToS. Just a matter of principal for me. If it’s just an issue of no major site wants it, we’ll it’s just the market, but the idea it’s sanctioned by law irritates me to no end. I mean if they have an ISP that doesn’t care, CDPR or WB can’t hope to do anything long term.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

What's funny is that the inciting incident is probably not even top 5 in dumb creepy poo poo he's done. Literally had some travel thread 7-8 years back where he explicitly talked about grabbing foreign rear end and acting like some machismo shitheel, doxxing women over a decade back with amirox who turned out to be an actual pedophile, "just asking questions" about that one muslim kid who made a clock or whatever, though it's not like the userbase that migrated to era was ever much better

yeah not shocked. shitheads gonna shithead.

the era thread is getting sadder. some dude made some insane long post https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-73#post-53350075 and the rest is people trying to out a mod as a nazi pedo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

Fair use would be something you could pursue in court after a dmca counterclaim. The hosting companies here aren’t actually legally obligated to put stuff back up after a counterclaim. They don’t want to deal with legal stuff for even 1s because that costs money and most users don’t cost them money.

It’s honestly something neither side wants to be Adjudicated, because the losing side turbo tons of uninvolved parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Bust Rodd posted:

I think people have been playing Skyrim for 9 loving years, people will tolerate a truckload of bugs if there is even a halfway decent sandbox to play around in.

replaying new vegas: can confirm!

just give me a good story and few shooting gallerys cdpr!