Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Slumpy posted:

I don't know what it means when theres too much poo poo "you can do thats not important to the story"

does that mean like, sure you can play yakuza 0 and not do the dancing and karaoke or is it like "you can collect coins that unlock an achievement". because 1 is fun and has songs that i listen to while looking at hentai to immerse myself, the other is for the dopamine "ding" sound that i dont care about cuz i dont have a functioning chemical maker

They're complaining that it has the Fallout 4 issue, that lots of RPGs do.

Where its like "YOUR CHILD IS MISSING, GO FIND YOUR CHILD"

And then you're walking through town and somebody is like "hey mister, wanna help me collect bottlecaps?"

By all logic you should respond "no, my son is missing, gently caress bottlecaps" but that means you beeline the main story quest and skip all side quests. Those side quests however are some of the most cool and fun parts of the game, arguably better than the main story, so everybody instead goes "yeah sign me up lets get those bottlecaps" and your missing possibly dead son gets left behind in some very serious cognitive dissonance.

Its not a dealbreaker by any means but it is a weakness of many RPG's quest / story design.

Cyberpunk is full of side quests including bounty hunting, car races, and just generally helping random citizens do their random life poo poo, but it conflicts with the idea that your character has a very important main story quest they should really be getting around to doing sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lmao street racing minigame questline

between this and the dildos they should have just called this "Saints Row 2077"

itry
Aug 23, 2019

"And I haven’t even mentioned the Butt Plugs or Anal Beads – also lootable junk."

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Starks posted:

Lol dildos! This is a joke that will surely stay funny for all 100 hours of gameplay

How many hours is the entire Saints Row series?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Let's look at the good part people, we can play now one run, and in a few months do a second run with another background , when the game is patched!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

Let's look at the good part people, we can play now one run, and in a few months do a second run with another background , when the game is patched!

And then a 3d run with all the DLC.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

IGN Japan gave it a perfect score

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Reviews are unanimous in saying it's buggy to some extent. Some think that's a drawback, most apparently don't, and they're written on the "assumption" that CDPR fixes them in three days' time. Sounds less like crash bugs and more just general AI/scripting/physics.

There's massive hype, understandably, and people have waited a long time for this game, even in the face of multiple delays. I'm not saying people can't be excited, but maybe go into this knowing that the fabled "day 1 patch" might not be able to quite cover all these issues and that at the end of the day, it's another open-world RPG.

Also the whole "we won't allow outlets to release any captured footage" thing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

black.lion posted:

Is that meaningful?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

street date kid run

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Starks posted:

Lol dildos! This is a joke that will surely stay funny for all 100 hours of gameplay

personally just think it has to do with the fact that its a hell world dystopia and people are obsessed with whatever pleasure they can get being so deeply ingrained in the culture that everyone is just openly loving themselves and other things

or lol it can be FUNNY DILDO, idk i havent played it

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
game bad sorry everyone, delay it again and close the thread

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

itry posted:

Is that meaningful?

Is anything happening in this thread rn meaningful?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

black.lion posted:

Yeah there's a lot of perfect scores ticking in. I've seen reviews calling it contender for best game ever, and several reviews saying it's absolutely phenomenal.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

How many hours is the entire Saints Row series?

I dunno but I’m an embarrassingly huge fan of those games so maybe you have a point

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

black.lion posted:

yes i love talking to goons

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Is there a way to rush and get the gravity gun? Wondering if I can kill all the bosses with 100% dildo projectiles

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
lots of dildos ITT

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Starks posted:

I assume the number of pocket pussies in the game will be zero, though. Which I guess means every man in the 2077 world is into rear end play.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

don't know why people are surprised it's horny after all these trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak16XxnJK0g

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

TheRat posted:

Yeah there's a lot of perfect scores ticking in. I've seen reviews calling it contender for best game ever, and several reviews saying it's absolutely phenomenal.

what dick or pussy type are you going? i think you could go smooth too like a ken doll

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ymgve posted:

watch this game get banned off Twitch because of too much NSFW content

For the 10th time, the game comes with a nudity filter for this exact reason. You click a box and all the dildos get censored. NBD.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

itry posted:

"And I haven’t even mentioned the Butt Plugs or Anal Beads – also lootable junk."

Watch my V become the junk kingpin of Night City. Only the finest scrotes, for the highest price.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ErrEff posted:

I'm not saying people can't be excited, but maybe go into this knowing that the fabled "day 1 patch" might not be able to quite cover all these issues and that at the end of the day, it's another open-world RPG.

Yeah but we knew that months ago.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Is there any way to preload this game for PC if I preordered the physical copy? I'm guessing I'm stuck waiting for a box to get delivered to my house on launch day but thought I'd ask just in case.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone cancelling a pre-order based on the reviews saying it's a bugfest?

I haven't ordered yet and I'm wavering. May be able to get it on sale by the time some good patches have come in.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I have a feeling a lot of people won’t finish this game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ymgve posted:

I assume the number of pocket pussies in the game will be zero, though. Which I guess means every man in the 2077 world is into rear end play.

There's hookers on every street corner you can hire, I think its just that pocket pussies are too vastly inferior.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pmchem posted:

I haven't ordered yet and I'm wavering. May be able to get it on sale by the time some good patches have come in.

The reviews have pretty much confirmed to me that this is the game I've been waiting for for years and years, maybe since original Deus Ex

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pmchem posted:

Theres a lot of reviews that are giving perfect scores and only mentioning bugs and glitches in passing. It may be highly platform and play through dependent for whatever reason.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is the best game ever made.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

TheRat posted:

The reviews have pretty much confirmed to me that this is the game I've been waiting for for years and years, maybe since original Deus Ex

do you think this game will be good?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slumpy posted:

do you think this game will be good?

Nah, I'm a masochist

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

pmchem posted:

Definitely not going to buy it till goons start saying that enough patches have happened to make the game relatively bug free. Will be getting it for sure though at some point. I still have to get to Disco once I get bored of Division 2 anyways so no need to rush into this one if it is a buggy mess.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

black.lion posted:

I mean, do they rarely give out perfect scores?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

You don’t see your character in cutscenes

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Whoa, reviewers are calling this the best game ever? Unprecedented.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Darker, sexier, better.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Richard Seagrave (Top Critic) - GameSpew posted:

10 / 10.0 - Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t perfect...
ahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ZeeBoi posted:

I have a feeling a lot of people won’t finish this game

A lot of folk didn't finish Witcher 3 either. And that game is the gold standard in gaming.

It's why they made this one shorter and might explain some story beats.