Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Character RPG details: So you get stat points and perk points independently, and nothing says you have to put the skill perk points into the same categories you put your stat attribute points into. However, some of the skills do have a prerequisite level requirement. But this means for instance you can put all your points into Body and Reflexes but still grab a couple hacking skills, without having to level up Intelligence if you don't want to. Also, you can bank these, and one reviewer even mentioned saving up stat points until he hit a locked door with a stat requirement to get through, and then immediately dumping pooled points to level his stat to open the door.

very cool. Should be VERY open ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

RaySmuckles posted:

fair enough, i guess. (wish i could blow $400 bucks like that)

maybe there's a way you can return it for free after a month so the christmas rush is over and ps5s will be available

Maybe. I’ve been working 60 hour weeks the last few months, and I just want to be able to enjoy this game on the weekends. Plus, the 1TB of memory wouldn’t be a bad upgrade.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i thought most of the legit critcisms was "the one kid's gender is sorta made into a trauma with the religious nuts dead naming him and weird poo poo like that" least thats what i heared. i havent finished it yet. plus chuds will always hate poo poo for uncomplex reasons.

That was a bit of post-launch criticism of the representation, but the game had several criticisms far from the chud-sphere.

- Labor issues because of crunch.
- A focus on violence and gore that people felt was misplaced and used simply for aesthetic purposes, especially pre-release.
- Having a tragic trans character with in-universe deadnaming from antagonist characters, also criticized for over-reliance on tropes.
- Story length and structure, and generally other criticisms of the writing or focus of the game.

All this got completely drowned out by the chud poo poo though.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

So do I put E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on the recommended list or not?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Bardeh posted:

Found some more One S gameplay. No spoilers or anything, just a bit of driving around and shooting:

https://siasky.net/AABPbvKiVMi-j71tdOP-70FKVdm_9rtRohzE4rXWZJzJxw

https://siasky.net/AABG-s0HKc5zDub4b1TqzF_vv_qeECd4gqqxmNKD2DIiFQ

It looks like it juuuuust about holds it together when on foot, but when driving the pop-in and low rez textures are atrocious.

That looks like series S not the one S

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Zaphod42 posted:

Character RPG details: So you get stat points and perk points independently, and nothing says you have to put the skill perk points into the same categories you put your stat attribute points into. However, some of the skills do have a prerequisite level requirement. But this means for instance you can put all your points into Body and Reflexes but still grab a couple hacking skills, without having to level up Intelligence if you don't want to. Also, you can bank these, and one reviewer even mentioned saving up stat points until he hit a locked door with a stat requirement to get through, and then immediately dumping pooled points to level his stat to open the door.

very cool. Should be VERY open ended.

Dope these are the kinds of spoilers I like bc they save me time reading abt all this poo poo and remaking my character twenty times bc I can't commit to anything

So there's no respeccing either perk or stat points that we know of, correct?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

itry posted:

So do I put E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on the recommended list or not?

If you have a high tolerance for weird janky games then absolutely

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

It's hard to tell with these videos because they look like they're running at 5 fps but it might just be the capture software.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Celexi posted:

That looks like series S not the one S

I know it's not an original thought but these microsoft naming conventions are flaming garbage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Celexi posted:

Messed up that a third person shooter has violence op.
yeah when i say 'the plot handles the violence poorly' what i mean is i want it not to have violence

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zaphod42 posted:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Celexi posted:

Compare:
To the trainwreck that is that cyberpunk leak video.

Ok, I compare.

And I would say once you take in account the lovely twitter compression, it looks more or less equivalent to this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

black.lion posted:

Dope these are the kinds of spoilers I like bc they save me time reading abt all this poo poo and remaking my character twenty times bc I can't commit to anything

So there's no respeccing either perk or stat points that we know of, correct?

Not that I know of, but there could be something that people didn't mention or didn't find.

I think the idea though is that most everything is good in some way so if you want something else just level up more and get it, rather than trying to respec.

And then once you get to the end of the game, just start a new play-through rather than just respeccing.

There was an interview with CDPR where they said they were investigating the possibility of New Game + or something like it for Cyberpunk, so who knows what came of that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Livid imagining the blessed cyberpunk being loaded into the wrong type of RAM

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

No Mods No Masters posted:

Livid imagining the blessed cyberpunk being loaded into the wrong type of RAM

half gig of the 3.5 gb ram is wrong type op.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zaphod42 posted:

Character RPG details: one reviewer even mentioned saving up stat points until he hit a locked door with a stat requirement to get through, and then immediately dumping pooled points to level his stat to open the door.

ah, the Disco Elysium white check doctrine

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Found some more One S gameplay. No spoilers or anything, just a bit of driving around and shooting:

It looks like it juuuuust about holds it together when on foot, but when driving the pop-in and low rez textures are atrocious.

What the hell is happening in the second video around 1:38? Screen goes black but the car is still driving and then there's a loading screen?

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Shammypants posted:

Honestly, it's a tech game, what if the dude walking into the air is actually using an ability? I mean, it could be a bug but it could just be like tech levitation boots or something that even players get later.

Shh! Don't let the haters expose themselves to critical thinking...there heads might explode.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ham posted:

That was a bit of post-launch criticism of the representation, but the game had several criticisms far from the chud-sphere.

- Labor issues because of crunch.
- A focus on violence and gore that people felt was misplaced and used simply for aesthetic purposes, especially pre-release.
- Having a tragic trans character with in-universe deadnaming from antagonist characters, also criticized for over-reliance on tropes.
- Story length and structure, and generally other criticisms of the writing or focus of the game.

All this got completely drowned out by the chud poo poo though.

makes sense. thanks for the info. i will finish it at some point but ehh to much other stuff.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zaphod42 posted:

i mean this is the cyberpunk thread right :smug:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

stev posted:

It's going to be the TLOU2 of 2020. :(

gently caress I hope not.

The moment they make me play as the dude that beat my skull in, in front of the screaming and wailing face of my young ward, I'm fuckin' out.

Edit: That's my red line xD

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Bardeh posted:

That's pretty bad. Should avoid playing this poo poo on the ps4/xbox one.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Starks posted:

What the hell is happening in the second video around 1:38? Screen goes black but the car is still driving and then there's a loading screen?

looks like a load in to a new zone?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Well don't worry everyone I've preloaded the game so I can confirm it does exist

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

OR DOES IT

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

You won't know if you've just downloaded 100 gigs of random data until it unlocks.

Skyweir
Apr 29, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah when i say 'the plot handles the violence poorly' what i mean is i want it not to have violence

Genuinly curious about which games handle violence in the plot better, I thought it did it very well and had some pretty profound things to say about cycles of violence, even if some of it has been said before.

A lot of the critisim I have seen has been about "why did the character do this, when the perfectly logical thing would be to do this very rational course of action I have determined on my couch" which is why the game is not about perfectly rational spheres but about two traumatized young women and the consequence of their actions coming back at them.

Some people also feels like it is critizising them for doing things the game is forcing them to do, which is weird because if the game is doing anything it is critizising Abby and Ellie's actions, not the players. And of course, I found the plot to be very empathtic to most of the characters in it, and trying to get you to understand why they are doing things, much like the first game. Not many non-RPGs have mangaged to make me empathetic to all sides of a horrible conflict.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
can't someone just crack the pre-load and run it or does it not have the executables.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

is this the full preload or is there gonna be a 40 gig patch? My poor slow internet :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Starks posted:

It says at the top Turn back, there's nothing out there for you .... yet!

So the player went out-of-bounds. Probably still in the prologue and they don't want you exploring the full game world until you finish your first few quests or something.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Celexi posted:

can't someone just crack the pre-load and run it or does it not have the executables.

It's been encrypted OP :eng101:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Celexi posted:

Steam’s stuff is strong enough to stand up for a few days of brute forcing, I think.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Skyweir posted:

Genuinly curious about which games handle violence in the plot better, I thought it did it very well and had some pretty profound things to say about cycles of violence, even if some of it has been said before.

A lot of the critisim I have seen has been about "why did the character do this, when the perfectly logical thing would be to do this very rational course of action I have determined on my couch" which is why the game is not about perfectly rational spheres but about two traumatized young women and the consequence of their actions coming back at them.

Some people also feels like it is critizising them for doing things the game is forcing them to do, which is weird because if the game is doing anything it is critizising Abby and Ellie's actions, not the players. And of course, I found the plot to be very empathtic to most of the characters in it, and trying to get you to understand why they are doing things, much like the first game. Not many non-RPGs have mangaged to make me empathetic to all sides of a horrible conflict.

The game was never great on making me like anyone in the story except maybe ellie a bit, but people saying first one had better characters and ending when the game literally ended with one of the main protagonists going " gently caress the world " is uhh

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Celexi posted:

GOG version does not have the executables. Steam version is fully encrypted until release.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Celexi posted:

Hack the gibson!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
GoG refund policy seems real good by the way:

quote:

How does your updated voluntary Refund Policy work?

The updated policy lets you refund a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played. Yes, you read that correctly. :)

To apply for a refund, you should contact our Customer Support Team within 30 days of your purchase, and our team will sort it out as soon as possible.

However, if the reason you are seeking a refund is that your game is not working (yet!), please consider contacting our friendly Tech Support folk first. They will do their best to help you get the game working on your machine.

We're monitoring the effects of the current update to make sure no one is using this policy to hurt the developers that put their time and heart into making great games. We may refuse refunds in such individual cases. We'd also let you know about any future adjustments in the voluntary Refund Policy in advance.

How long does it take to process a refund?

When you apply for a refund, we can give you two options - a conversion into GOG Wallet funds, or a cash refund back to your original payment method.

GOG Wallet refunds will be applied as soon as a GOG.COM Support representative triggers the refund.

Cash refunds can take a few business days, depending on the exact payment method used, your bank, etc. There are some exceptions, such as paysafecard, SOFORT, and GiroPay - for technical reasons, these transactions need to be fully processed before they can be refunded; this can take up to a few weeks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ymgve posted:

GOG version does not have the executables. Steam versiom is fully encrypted until release.

If only it was Bethesda...I’m refusing to blame ID much...but that’s me being biased.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Starks posted:

There's a message saying "Turn back, nothing out there for you..just yet" just before the screen goes black.
A bit like in W3 when you try to go beyond the map border.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Celexi posted:

The game was never great on making me like anyone in the story except maybe ellie a bit, but people saying first one had better characters and ending when the game literally ended with one of the main protagonists going " gently caress the world " is uhh

i don't see the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Cyberpunk may top it, but I think no game has had its well of discussion poisoned more than TLOU2. It’s basically impossible to talk about between the chuds and complaints about poo poo that’s not actually in the game.