Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Yeah you should be more than good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Plenty for 1080, somewhat on the borderline for 1440, not so hot for 4k, I personally expect low ray tracing if at all. (I have one as well, I hope I'm underestimating :))

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

My Star Wars Galaxies clan from 15 years ago was CHUD which I am sure will lead to my immediate CANCELLATION should I ever rise to any prominence in life.

Need a new star wars RPG that has all the kind of non-jedi roles SWG had. Need that real bad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah the Kotaku review is by somebody who doesn't like RPG stat poo poo, and Cyberpunk has a more elaborate system than most action RPGs lol

I can just imagine them going "Ok, so there are 5 stats, no big deal I guess..."

*Sees big spiderweb skill map thing*

"Well poo poo"

*Realizes there are tabs for 2 more of them*

"Goddamn."

*Dawns on them that every stat has a bunch of these*

"SON OF A BITCH!"

*Notices the cyberware menu*

:smithicide:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vorik posted:

Need a new star wars RPG that has all the kind of non-jedi roles SWG had. Need that real bad.

Unfortunately anybody who tries to build that ends up scope creeping themselves into Shroud of the Avatar or Star Citizen

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

No Mods No Masters posted:

Plenty for 1080, somewhat on the borderline for 1440, not so hot for 4k, I personally expect low ray tracing if at all. (I have one as well, I hope I'm underestimating :))

Yeah I'm playing 1080 60fps max. I mean I'll gently caress around with ray tracing and see what I can but it's not the end of the world if it's too demanding.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those on the reddit subs for the game do be careful. People are sending others messages about users being banned only for it to turn out to be a spoiler filled message.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Unless you can get it for next to nothing try and get a 3000 series card, it's a big improvement, even the lowest versions. Finding one though is the tricky part...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Grumbles posted:

Since when was SA all chuds this and chuds that

too much time on DnD/cspam.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I feel like a non-zero amount of that review (and most reviews I've skimmed tbh) are annoyed that V isn't as strong a character as Geralt which... I mean, yeah?

V is a malleable character, your avatar and etc. Geralt is someone who has had three games and eight - geez eight calm down dude - books to his name for definition and relationships, as well as being a fairly set character even if you can make choices. W3 is a stronger story because it's the tale of a dad going where the gently caress IS MY DAUGHTER but he is fighting time traveling dudes so he doesn't really have to hurry, which... while I am sure whatever premise cyberdunk is based around is okay, not really fair to compare it to that.

compare it instead to skyrim, that has great writing right heh gottem

yeah kinda. i think its what we talked about earlier. CDPR was pretty loving faithful to the witcher books on alot of levels and that helped because geralt is a solid character before you influence him and the choices are all within geralts character and what parts of him you want to grow/etc. V doesnt have that and cyberpunk doesnt have novels, it just has pen and paper lore books and like two event story lines and time line. doesnt help that the name is cyberpunk which makes people think its just a generic title and not the title of an pre existing IP. I prefer the waypoint review but the kotaku one has some points to it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Last Call posted:

Unless you can get it for next to nothing try and get a 3000 series card, it's a big improvement, even the lowest versions. Finding one though is the tricky part...

He already owns the card. 2070 is fine. (He's saying budget back when he bought it, not now)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah I'm playing 1080 60fps max. I mean I'll gently caress around with ray tracing and see what I can but it's not the end of the world if it's too demanding.

Yeah I think you'll be fine. I'm targeting 1440 so I'm a little nervous about if I'll be able to hit everything I want, but I'm not married to ray tracing either which should hopefully help.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Vorik posted:

I think we call it a Mandalorian RPG now to coordinate our demands.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm assuming everyone with review/early copies are simply too stupid to understand the complexity in play here, I was thinking of going shooting/stealth, or maybe stealth/shooting depending

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vorik posted:

I'm guessing you're not a bioware fan lol

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about streaming it. The 3070 will handle the game fine, but I'll probably not be able to enjoy Ultra once I take SLOBS into account. Hoping I can still do Raytracing though. I'm willing to lower a few other settings to keep that in if needed.

My monitor is only a 1080, so that will help a bit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zaphod42 posted:

He already owns the card. 2070 is fine. (He's saying budget back when he bought it, not now)

Oh right, I totally misread that.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

this was a good review from an rpg fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnYZtrfXBc

the long and short of it is 2077 is a good game with bugs

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Really hope my 1070 will run this decently at 1080p. Absolutely no way a 3000 is viable anytime soon.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I liked the review of the spanish cyberpunk lore lady whose main criticism was the lack of male prostitutes and dicks in general. #relatable

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

rap music posted:

the long and short of it is 2077 is a good game with bugs

As a Skyrim enjoyer this is right up my alley.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This is dreaming and somebody may have said it already, but I want a Trauma Team DLC.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Look we should all focus on the important things… Finding and confirming ways to unlock the game early... and not actually having it succeed in the end.

Not that I’m endorsing it, I’m wondering if somebody got the exe from a press build and dropped in the GoG version if it would work, since I thought that GoG is everything except the EXE?

Oh the ways I try and kill time.

This is from a bit ago, but I don't think its just the .exe missing. Else people would be data mining the poo poo out of all the quest names and things right now. Pretty likely the main game data is all encrypted at the moment.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Vorik posted:

Strong agree. We all had major disdain for people who wanted to be Jedi, even when it was a huge chore/time sink. Killing them was tremendous fun because it led to experience loss and we were mean.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

This is dreaming and somebody may have said it already, but I want a Trauma Team DLC.

That very well might be what "Multiplayer" is?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sedisp posted:

Really hope my 1070 will run this decently at 1080p. Absolutely no way a 3000 is viable anytime soon.

I'm in the same boat and I'm feeling pretty okay, I think.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I read that CDPR were making this extremely moddable?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh wow that review just confirmed something big people were asking about earlier

You CAN respec perk points, but its very expensive

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I wonder how well a 3080 will handle 3840x1600. I'm guessing not well given the 4k benchmarks

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

That very well might be what "Multiplayer" is?

drat, a co-op mission structure around that would be pretty cool.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
No review has mentioned this but the real deets I want is to know if there are any weapons as satisfying to use as the ballistic fist in New Vegas

Arm blades are cool but a punch that has the impact of a shotgun on a man's head is extremely my poo poo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

terrorist ambulance posted:

I wonder how well a 3080 will handle 3840x1600. I'm guessing not well given the 4k benchmarks

Mr. Privileged Gamer over here

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

No review has mentioned this but the real deets I want is to know if there are any weapons as satisfying to use as the ballistic fist in New Vegas

Arm blades are cool but a punch that has the impact of a shotgun on a man's head is extremely my poo poo

Reviewers seem pretty down on the melee in general. It seems bethesda melee esque though so not impossible to hope for similar done well

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Wolfsheim posted:

Penis #2

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are you forced to wear clothes or can I do a nudist run

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Breaking news: my friend says he is going to make a new avatar for me of johnny silverhand in the johnny fiveaces pencil art style, but it probably won't be ready until after launch :argh:

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

So I saw the absolutely dismal benchamrks on Tom's hardware.
Is my 3080 Strix really enough to run this game maxed out? Seems like 50-40 fps isn't enough.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

So I saw the absolutely dismal benchamrks on Tom's hardware.
Is my 3080 Strix really enough to run this game maxed out? Seems like 50-40 fps isn't enough.

so turn the details down or get the better card next time

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

looking forward to meeting the sentient vending machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I saw someone mention specifically the melee was better than Bethesda fp games but nothing on the level of the more dedicated fp melee games. So more like average than bad. Everyone says gunplay is more fun. I would assume melee plays the same but someone said they thought the blades felt better than the other melee.