Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The review copies sent out also had Denuvo anti-tamper DRM, which they removed for the main release.

In a few games, this effected performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Double post somehow

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

That live quick look Giant Bomb is doing on Wednesday should be interesting if they can’t get the day 1 patch

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

People watching the leak streams: how bad has the performance been on consoles? I know they are still getting another patch but apparently that's the only pre-release indication we are getting

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I saw these posted in the thread and just watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzCu1rpvew

...and then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnYZtrfXBc

...and now it's been more than four hours I need to call a doctor. :ohdear:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I saw these posted in the thread and just watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzCu1rpvew

...and then this:

...and now it's been more than four hours I need to call a doctor. :ohdear:

3.6 penis size, not great not terrible

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Having a big lol at the first giantbomb impression being "they should've delayed this game even more" and multiple ME: Andromeda comparisons within the first 5 minutes

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Elotana posted:

Having a big lol at the first giantbomb impression being "they should've delayed this game even more" and multiple ME: Andromeda comparisons within the first 5 minutes

They haven't been fans of any CDPR games, Witcher 3 is the only one they gave any time to and even then very little. Witcher 2 they outright ignored so them not being fans? Not a surprise and not really an issue.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I think that whether or not GiantBomb liked previous CDPR games, they have enough accumulated experience to know whether or not 'game work' and everyone can probably hold off on running to find excuses to dismiss their opinions out of hand.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm in the same boat and I'm feeling pretty okay, I think.

I'm hoping for mostly high on my 1070 at 1080p... :sweatdrop:

Sedisp posted:

:awesome:

Elotana posted:

I've played so many janky games at release, all of the bugs reported seem quaint, to me. CDPR also have a proven track-record of putting a lot of polish on their games in the six months after release, so...

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I'm gonna take so long to get through CP2077 that by the time I finish most of the bugs will be ironed out :cool:
:shrug:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rap music posted:

this was a good review from an rpg fan

the long and short of it is 2077 is a good game with bugs

This sounds really really good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BrotherJayne posted:

gently caress I hope not.

The moment they make me play as the dude that beat my skull in, in front of the screaming and wailing face of my young ward, I'm fuckin' out.

Edit: That's my red line xD

So without quoting all your TLOU2 posts which are loving terrible did you seriously open the discussion by openly calling Abby a dude?

gently caress you, dude.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I think that whether or not GiantBomb liked previous CDPR games, they have enough accumulated experience to know whether or not 'game work' and everyone can probably hold off on running to find excuses to dismiss their opinions out of hand.

Jeff Gerstmann played hours of Outer Wilds without realizing you could translate Nomai writing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when does the dlc come out?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m using a chemically cooled quantum supercomputer, can I enable motion blur?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So without quoting all your TLOU2 posts which are loving terrible did you seriously open the discussion by openly calling Abby a dude?

gently caress you, dude.

Dude is gender neutral

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frog Act posted:

I’m using a chemically cooled quantum supercomputer, can I enable motion blur?

low settings

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Relax Or DIE posted:

Their cheering endorsement of The Outer Wilds made it so much easier to do so.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Blue Raider posted:

Jeff Gerstmann played hours of Outer Wilds without realizing you could translate Nomai writing.

Ah well, guess that settles that then, back on the hype train fellas!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jeff G. should have taken his chance at fame by being the man who plays mario party while making unhappy faces. But he denied that future, and now he has to live in the wreckage

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Well I read it so gently caress you all now you have to.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-retro-futuristic-fantasy-220137387.html

quote:

gangs based on racial identities seem like such a poor fit for both this era and for a future in which such distinctions have no doubt declined in relevance, especially in a vast melting pot like Night City.

lol

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Seriously wondering if I should play this through GeForce Now instead of on my OG XBone. I can tolerate a significant amount of jank, though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

Ah well, guess that settles that then, back on the hype train fellas!!

It’s a key mechanic. It’s like playing Mario without knowing jumping in into blocks yields power ups. Giant bomb (with the exception of Vinny) should not be trusted for poo poo.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Seriously wondering if I should play this through GeForce Now instead of on my OG XBone. I can tolerate a significant amount of jank, though.

No harm in trying both out! If you can sync your save across PC/GeForce Now I absolutely plan to give this a go at work during lunch.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's Decembmer the 10th somewhere

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Is the EXE self contained? I'm curious if they called it anything funny internally if you run the .NET exe through a decompiler like dnspy or something.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://dtf.ru/hard/279342-cyberpunk-2077-4k-skrinshoty-s-maksimalnymi-nastroykami-i-zametki-na-polyah-o-samoy-igre

Some of these RT screenshots makes raytracing look objectively WORSE

May 8, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

It’s a key mechanic. It’s like playing Mario without knowing jumping in into blocks yields power ups. Giant bomb (with the exception of Vinny) should not be trusted for poo poo.

no I hear ya, they're clearly too God drat stupid to have an opinion on this different game, I'll keep an eye out for more good positive reviews to come out over the next couple of days

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

The Last Call posted:

They haven't been fans of any CDPR games, Witcher 3 is the only one they gave any time to and even then very little. Witcher 2 they outright ignored so them not being fans? Not a surprise and not really an issue.

witcher 2 was #6 on their 2011 game of the year list, and i recall being annoyed by how much they talked about it on the podcast back when i listened to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTzpuYRF1s

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Sedisp posted:

I just spit coffee on myself lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

crazysim posted:

Is the EXE self contained? I'm curious if they called it anything funny internally if you run the .NET exe through a decompiler like dnspy or something.

Its probably C++ and not .net at all, right?

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Fuck you and your eyebrows.

rap music posted:

this was a good review from an rpg fan

the long and short of it is 2077 is a good game with bugs

I did not find this review good whatsoever. It is mostly plainly descriptive and tells me information about things I can do in the game that I have already known for the past year. I still have no idea if it's actually a good videogame or a good RPG. All of the reviews I've seen thus far do confirm that it is a buggy videogame but everyone already knew this was going to be the case.

I'm not sure how many rules are being imposed on the reviewers and how much this effects what they're actually allowed to talk about in these reviews, but I can confidently say I have never felt less informed by the reviews of a mainstream videogame ever.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

It asked me to install some .net prereq trash I somehow didn't have when I ran it, so at the least I understand where people are making the leap from

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That’s a lol right there.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I love Giant Bomb but I definitely would not say they know how to play games that well or how games work. They have trouble following intro tutorials all the drat time...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

It asked me to install some .net prereq trash I somehow didn't have when I ran it, so at the least I understand where people are making the leap from

Huh, interesting. Mayhaps then. Unity is C# so its plausible. (I think Unity uses Mono?)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah, the executable in the GOG preload is definitely .net - I dropped it into dotpeek but couldn’t see anything but boilerplate code so I think it just displays that picture and nothing else. But I’m no .net wizard soo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tproc posted:

I did not find this review good whatsoever. It is mostly plainly descriptive and tells me information about things I can do in the game that I have already known for the past year. I still have no idea if it's actually a good videogame or a good RPG. All of the reviews I've seen thus far do confirm that it is a buggy videogame but everyone already knew this was going to be the case.

I'm not sure how many rules are being imposed on the reviewers and how much this effects what they're actually allowed to talk about in these reviews, but I can confidently say I have never felt less informed by the reviews of a mainstream videogame ever.

yeah. the reviews in general even the super positive ones and the negative ones are pretty vague about various stuff. obviously they keep light on spoilers and stuff but idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

who is this blue haired woman and can you romance her and will I have to fight keanu for her affections