Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope they significantly buff Geo after his banner so all the haters' salt can give me life.

This is my feeling as well. Let Zhong + Albedo become the most broken OP combo in the game. For great justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I whaled for Xinyan and all I got was this C6 Chong, c6 Razor, and C2 Zhong

Absolute trash

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Amuys posted:

I am lookin forward to 70% crit rate C2 Kaeya

I'm raising Chongyun and Xingqiu right now for this purpose specifically. :getin:

I just need to figure out what weapon to put on him. I've still got to pick my battle pass weapon, so it might be time to finally hang up Cool Steel in favor of the Black Sword...but I do have an R3 Favonius Sword. Decisions, decisions.

dogsicle posted:

i need to stop farming artifacts long enough to get mine 60/70, but just bumping him to C2 from this month's shop has been a huge improvement. despite its wording, anything killed during the burst increases its duration, so you could in theory have nearly 100% uptime, only limited by your energy generation/time spent swapping. Razor/XQ/Kaeya is a reaction monster setup and makes me enjoy using Razor again.

I already get 100% burst uptime on him in a lot of domains. It's pretty sweet!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Amuys posted:

I pray this leak is true at least for all Chong and especially Kaeya fans

I will loving build popsicle or the less popular Ragnvindr if this is real holy poo poo this is a good rear end set

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

S.J. posted:

I whaled for Xinyan and all I got was this C6 Chong, c6 Razor, and C2 Zhong

Absolute trash

135 pulls, I'd the 8 Xinyans, 2 Zhonglis, and 3 Razors for just 1 Chongyun constellation.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Joink posted:

Agreed. I have maybe 5 sets of lvl 20 5* gear to pass around meanwhile I just hit lvl 80 with Zhongli my 9th lvl 80. A new character to max level is hell of a lot easier than making a few new 20s. I'm AR 50 and 90% of resin is spent in gear dungeons.
I know that getting enough artifact XP for a level 20 is roughly 400 resin of artifacts, meaning it's ~11 days of artifacts + 2 days of mora to get a full set of level 5s for a character. Doing the daily artifact route has really helped, 10 days amounts to enough xp for a 5* artifact (plus it's something to do in-game).

Big whales fully resin refreshing every day can get enough XP for 40 5* artifacts in a month but that would take doing some routes on top of it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Also I picked up :honk:ai for kicks and it seems legit fun. It's way more phone friendly too so far

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

135 pulls, I'd the 8 Xinyans, 2 Zhonglis, and 3 Razors for just 1 Chongyun constellation.

Ask me about pulling 11 Chongyun on this banner

go ahead ask

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It's really funny how, on top of everything Geo users deal with, their boss farm is the most annoying one to farm.

S.J. posted:

Ask me about pulling 11 Chongyun on this banner

go ahead ask

It's you, you're the one who's been stealing my popsicles

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

It's really funny how, on top of everything Geo users deal with, their boss farm is the most annoying one to farm.

Only before you get Zhong, he trivializes that fight even more than Noelle.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S.J. posted:

Only before you get Zhong, he trivializes that fight even more than Noelle.

Yeah, I do appreciate how he's like the one guy who bringing along to farm his boss is actually a significant advantage.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Amuys posted:

I pray this leak is true at least for all Chong and especially Kaeya fans

I wonder if this will go well with the leaked Ganyu kit or if she'll want another set.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Geo cube can mostly be solved with a low level noelle. Oceanid is pure dps race pain.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

How good is xinyan? I was going to skip this banner, but I can probably afford to do a few pulls if she's really good at C0/C1.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The fight with Geocube isn't so annoying so much as getting there repeatedly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

You have two choices to get there and they both suck.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

How good is xinyan? I was going to skip this banner, but I can probably afford to do a few pulls if she's really good at C0/C1.

She's handy if you wanted the specific combination of support, pyro and claymore like I did. Her skill effects are also kicking rad and her shield is pretty strong. Can also pivot into being a DPS, especially if you get a bunch of Cs. She's fine at c0, but gets good support breakpoints at c2 and c4 which also help her own DPS.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

She's handy if you wanted the specific combination of support, pyro and claymore like I did. Her skill effects are also kicking rad and her shield is pretty strong. Can also pivot into being a DPS, especially if you get a bunch of Cs. She's fine at c0, but gets good support breakpoints at c2 and c4 which also help her own DPS.

Basically this.

She has F tier idle animations, or rather animation, though

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Seriously considering putting my teleport beacon there when I unlock it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Tae posted:

Oceanid is pure dps race pain.

I managed to level Lisa up for the birds but I still have to pump atk/def food into my team at WL5 for Klee to survive. My fallback is phys XL and a Fischl and they get eaten alive. Ascending Childe and XQ at the same time was a mistake

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

My last few trips to do geocube I've taken to just swimming directly to its arena from the waypoint, and it's way less obnoxious than having to mess around with the 3-ish packs of hilichurls along the overland route.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i vote for Beth, because they decided there should just be a boss you can't one-cycle

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

My last few trips to do geocube I've taken to just swimming directly to its arena from the waypoint, and it's way less obnoxious than having to mess around with the 3-ish packs of hilichurls along the overland route.

Is there enough stamina for that? I usually do an ice bridge with Chongyboi to reduce the swim distance a little.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Putting a portable transporter there was a great idea, me, two days ago.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I usually teleport to the Geo domain there and climb up the mountain to glide on over. You can avoid the abyss mages pretty easily if you stay to the left and start climbing from further down.

It is slower, though. I ended up agreeing to do the Geo cube with a rando in co-op once; taking the route past the hilichurls was so much faster that they thought I wasn't joining them after all. :shobon:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tsyni posted:

This is my feeling as well. Let Zhong + Albedo become the most broken OP combo in the game. For great justice.

This would be the most hilariously bad decision, and doubly so if they're only broken when together. Thankfully I trust Mihoyo to be smarter than reddit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't pull for meta. I pull for looks then complain to the devs for weeks on end if I don't like the gameplay.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Hellioning posted:

You have two choices to get there and they both suck.
I was going to joke that one of the choices was "roll Mona" but I realized that also sucks.

EDIT: She does get there in mere seconds though.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I don't pull for meta. I pull for looks then complain to the devs for weeks on end if I don't like the gameplay.

:hmmyes:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Is it just me or are whales really bad at this game? Even the ones who sound like they know what they're talking about

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it just me or are whales really bad at this game? Even the ones who sound like they know what they're talking about

short answer yes

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there enough stamina for that? I usually do an ice bridge with Chongyboi to reduce the swim distance a little.

There's a small outcrop a little ways into the water that I start from. After gliding down from it, I've got enough stamina left to use about half on fast swimming before paddling the rest of the way. This is with no stamina reduction effects, and I'm pretty sure I've been having Diluc do the swimming, so there's room for improvement here.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
i dont really get how they could release stormterror and be like "yes this neck-climbing thing where you clip through him and fall off if your character moves half an inch while attacking is totally awesome and exactly what we want from a bossfight"
e: the only redeeming feature of the fight is that you only have to do it once a week

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 8, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

If you're fine with slow swimming for half of it, yeah. I'm at max stamina and I only drown when I get impatient.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

gandlethorpe posted:

Most people these days don't read instructions or help screens, don't try anything, and complain about not understanding how to play.

It's actually funny that Jinx admits that he has to optimize math for things because he isn't good at mechanics because most Genshin content creators sure as hell aren't admitting they suck rear end.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

awesmoe posted:

i dont really get how they could release stormterror and be like "yes this neck-climbing thing where you clip through him and fall off if your character moves half an inch while attacking is totally awesome and exactly what we want from a bossfight"
e: the only redeeming feature of the fight is that you only have to do it once a week

Wait until you see the target before you try to climb and you'll never clip through.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

gandlethorpe posted:

It's really easy to be bad at the game when you have a C6 Diluc, C6 Klee, C6 Venti and C6 Jean as your main team. I guarantee the guy who did Abyss 12 with the F2P team knows more about the game than all the whales combined.

awesmoe posted:

TBF this only started happening in 1.1. I imagine it will get fixed in 1.2.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

It's really easy to be bad at the game when you have a C6 Diluc, C6 Klee, C6 Venti and C6 Jean as your main team. I guarantee the guy who did Abyss 12 with the F2P team knows more about the game than all the whales combined.

For sure. This is part of the reason I enjoy watching him but can't stand watching the multitude of whale streamers.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

awesmoe posted:

I've mostly moved over from Keqing to Ning as my major damage dealer, but that fight alone makes me happy I have her leveled. Hold-E throwing the lightning stiletto onto his neck and teleporting to it is the only way I've ever been able to get up there in a reasonable timeframe, I can't figure out which part I'm supposed to climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

S.J. posted:

short answer yes

long answer: yes, that is very much correct.