Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

probably their streaming software. I feel like if that was common it would have been reported in the reviews. People reported bugs sure but nobody had the game ctd or not start at all. unless its the day 1 patch that did it lol

I only read 2 reviews (PC gamer and gamespot) and both reported ctds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am playing the game. I made my V look as sweet as possible and then gave her a bad haircut and harsh makeup. She’s trying to fit into the corporate life, but it doesn’t suit her, really. Not sure how this next job is gonna go. Seems like things could get dicey…

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Palpek posted:

the gameplay feel is full on Deus Ex, hell yeah.

This is really all I wanted

Work is going to draggggg today

My Steam page updated from "Coming December 9" to "Coming December 10".... it's still unlocking at 7PM EST/4PM PST tonight right?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

Do we know if the Throw Knives skill from the stealth tree uses disposable knives, or are you actually throwing your melee weapon? That's a bit risky, especially in a buggy game where it might fall through the floor or something. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a cybernetic upgrade that lets your shoot knives from your arms or something.

Some require Body to break through, Tech skill to disassemble, or Intelligence to hack into.
Once I read that, I also realized that if we unlock crafting recipes for quick hacks... Does that mean quick hacks are consumables separate from doing it from an access terminal? Or is it "You have crafted Rare tier program you already had so the debuff it lasts 1 second longer and can work on higher level enemies"?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I was gonna couch game this bad boy but after watching people play it seems like kb+m would actually be a lot better after all

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

ymgve posted:

Wow - almost half of the Jackie clips from the trailers are just clips from the half minute Corpo rock-bottom-to-streetkid montage. That's kinda cheating, I wish we would have been able to play all those sequences.

I thought the same drat thing. Let me play all of that!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So do we know if Steam is going to push a patch through at midnight? I'll only be playing for an hour or so before bed but if I need to download 40GB first I won't bother staying awake.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sekenr posted:

I only read 2 reviews (PC gamer and gamespot) and both reported ctds

yeah by all accounts the game is buggy and crashy as hell

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

How to fix Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on startup

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...r%2C+Shotgun%29

LOL.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe Bezos would betray me like this :negative:

Was saving 10 dollars and 6 cents worth it?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also:

HERE’S HOW CYBERPUNK 2077 COMPARES ON PS5 VS. PC

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/heres-how-cyberpunk-2077-compares-on-ps5-to-pc/amp/

I think it looks pretty drat good running on PS5 at 60fps.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I always do the good guy route first in games like this, and then I really like the characters so I don't enjoy being poo poo to them afterward in an evil run. This time, I am going to be an evil dick first, and in my second playthrough I will go back and right all my wrongs, which I feel will be more satisfying

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

D1E posted:

LOL.
drat, CD Projekt's GOG overlay crashing their own game :ughh:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

D1E posted:

LOL.
In CDP's own client to boot, eep.

efb

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

D1E posted:

Also:

HERE’S HOW CYBERPUNK 2077 COMPARES ON PS5 VS. PC

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/heres-how-cyberpunk-2077-compares-on-ps5-to-pc/amp/

I think it looks pretty drat good running on PS5 at 60fps.

No performance mode on PS5? Does that mean it doesn't need one?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

D1E posted:

LOL.

Fantastic passive-aggressive energy in this.

RPS posted:

If you’ve been eagerly anticipating your first moments in the legendarily hyped RPG Cyberpunk 2077, but found the game crashing repeatedly on you before you’ve even reached the main menu, well you’re in luck. In this quick guide I’ll show you exactly how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crash on startup issue. Take a look below for the solution!

Spoiler: It's the GOG launcher overlay.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Hm I think my first playthrough will be as a bosmer stealth archer :sax:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
SEE YA LATER PC-AILURES! Looking at a smooth 60 FPS on the PS5, the best gaming PC on the market in 2020!!!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There is some clunky writing in this straight up in your face right at the start.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

Spending 30 minutes in the Mass Effect 1 character creator only to instantly delete your Shepard in disgust when their face is revealed in the opening cinematic is an RPG rite of passage as old as time.

This is the way

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

SEE YA LATER PC-AILURES! Looking at a smooth 60 FPS on the PS5, the best gaming PC on the market in 2020!!!

Always remember to source your quotes and use proper quote tags.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i feel like on top of anything else pc streamers would be underestimating how much streaming a current game practically designed to break benchmarks on super high settings/resolution is taxing their gpus and/or cpus

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Can I remove my penis and replace it with a monofilament whip?

In cyberpunk? Not yet. In real life? Come on over, I'll hook you up. It's just a monofilament LCD light, but it'll hang from your balls and whatnot. Sign here.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Palpek posted:

Watching a stream and near the beginning the guy woke up in the appartment, looked in the mirror and his character's hair was gone.

I've seen 4 cosmetic bugs: a npc talking with a smartphone whose device would create duplicates in the air, the car cops in a cutscene almost teleported in the streetkid prologue, V looking at the mirror wouldn't do the facial expressions he was supposed to do (smile, frown, etc) and well, stuff like that.
Also, when you load up a savegame the first second you see things you shouldn't see.

What I fear is that we are noticing these bugs because they are the more visible ones. The AI getting stuck in combat or skills not giving the bonuses that should are the real bugs that I fear, apart from crashes or quests failing.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WOW SOUNDS GREAT

Every single review I've seen is "eh game is alright but holy poo poo the bugs" and that's actual reviewers and just normal gamers commenting. Aggregate review score of 91 on metacritic? Yikes

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Night City: Population 10.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the big streamers are playing now and it seems fine with standard cdpr launch jank - if you don't like it there will be a director's cut in 2 years or w/e like they always do

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Turin Turambar posted:

I've seen 4 cosmetic bugs: a npc talking with a smartphone whose device would create duplicates in the air, the car cops in a cutscene almost teleported in the streetkid prologue, V looking at the mirror wouldn't do the facial expressions he was supposed to do (smile, frown, etc) and well, stuff like that.
Also, when you load up a savegame the first second you see things you shouldn't see.

What I fear is that we are noticing these bugs because they are the more visible ones. The AI getting stuck in combat or skills not giving the bonuses that should are the real bugs that I fear, apart from crashes or quests failing.

Yeah I'm wondering how many skills just don't work at all...

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So far so good on Series X. I've noticed like one or two minor visual bugs (my pants....and penis 2....disappeared once when looking in a mirror) but otherwise everything's been great. I do think they make some odd choices - like having the AI drive you twice in like the first 30 minutes - that are guaranteed to show off scripting errors if they pop up. They also use a lot of visual distortion and chromatic abberation effects (which makes sense given the setting) but.....sometimes it's hard to tell what's intended and what might be a light bugging out.

I'm still very early but it does feel very Deus Ex, the dialogue and acting are just fine so far, and the game looks fantastic, even running back-compat from the last-gen version. Series X performance mode runs 60 fps and I can't tell the difference in fidelity between it and the resolution mode.....so 60 fps it is!

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Can I remove my penis and replace it with a monofilament whip?

If you have a partner, you should verify with them that the increased girth won't cause any discomfort, before making a decision

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Shirkelton posted:

Night City: Population 10.

Didn't some reviews mention that the streets have more people during scripted missions?

Anyway... Yeah, streets look kinda empty and the same civilian models are repeated a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got my character created on xbox. Ready to play a bit before work. :hellyeah: on series x, the load times are just a few seconds.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
As someone who survived STALKER 1.000, I welcome the new AAA eurojank.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ErrEff posted:

Didn't some reviews mention that the streets have more people during scripted missions?

Anyway... Yeah, streets look kinda empty and the same civilian models are repeated a lot.

I have not left a scripted mission yet and there is almost no one on the streets.

Also, two cop cars just teleported through a building during a cutscene. This game's hosed, lol.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Hawgh posted:

If you have a partner, you should verify with them that the increased girth won't cause any discomfort, before making a decision

Buuuuurn

Nice avatar for it tho

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

GoG Galaxy 2 is a complete pile of poo poo, none of my friends could even get it to patch Baldurs Gate 3

I'd have definitely bought this on GoG in the witcher 3 days, now theres no chance

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Communist Thoughts posted:

GoG Galaxy 2 is a complete pile of poo poo, none of my friends could even get it to patch Baldurs Gate 3

I'd have definitely bought this on GoG in the witcher 3 days, now theres no chance

Can't you just...not use the client and download the stuff directly from GoG like every other GoG game?

quote:

Pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through the GOG GALAXY app. The offline installers will be available when the game is released on 10th December.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, the early game montages make it really obvious how much time this game needed, because it'll flip between shots that look gorgeous to shots that look a generation old.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Almost every streamer has a single PC setup and there is no way this game doesn't just absolutely chew through every single PC setup out there lmao.

Also kind of LOL if you need help avoiding a 9 hour youtube video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

D1E posted:

LOL.

> open windows settings
> navigate to "add or remove programs"
> click "Cyberpunk 2077"