Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Haven't seen this posted yet, Nvidia game ready drivers for Cyberpunk have been released already: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-game-ready-driver/.

Not sure how much of a difference goes between a 3060Ti and a 2070s on the RTX side, but since it's about 5% on general performance, it looks like you should be able to run around 60fps if you set the game to Ultra even with RTX at 1080p*:

*with DLSS of course, and with a beefy CPU/32Gb Ram.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Timeless Appeal posted:

So in terms of immersive pseudo life simulator how is it? I like interacting with a world, going to a bar, hopping in bed, grabbing food, etc.

It's not this and it was never sold as a Second Life-like.

It's more like Deus Ex gameplay in a open world instead of a bunch of separate mission hub areas.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

sean10mm posted:

It's not this and it was never sold as a Second Life-like.

It's more like Deus Ex gameplay in a open world instead of a bunch of separate mission hub areas.
How does it compare to Witcher 3?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Grouchio posted:

......Did we get royally hosed over?

Just a game, dude. It's PR's job to hype it, not the players, and no disappointing video game in history has ever hosed anyone over except maybe shareholders.

It should have been obvious to anyone who has ever looked forward to a game that this game had impossibly high expectations bestowed on it from the community from day one.

It was only ever gonna be an open world FPS RPG. The last one of those that you could say was innovative was the original Deus Ex, but that was more because of the capabilities of Unreal Engine at the time than the team behind it.

So I guess you shouldn't deify developers is the lesson that could, but probably won't be learned here.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ok but the list of things not in the game is a lot longer than the list of things in the game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dystopia Mod was great

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Grouchio posted:

So we were hyping this game up for the longest time for naught?
Yes

Grouchio posted:

100%

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did you guys know that this is just a video game with the normal limitations lol

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
This trash game is missing so many things I thought it should have

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grouchio posted:

Was this even advertised as a sci fi life sim?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

other than the main storyline that's 20h, the rest is pretty pointless and empty and copy/pasted stuff

This GameSpot reviewer had the opposite experience. The sidequests you can find have the potential to be the most interesting parts, whereas the main story left her empty and disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkBI2B2LnU

Also, last 2 minutes are bugs, if you're into that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Grouchio posted:

How does it compare to Witcher 3?
There's a magazine with TW3 in it and a wolf school jacket. That's it, the rest is way worse man, way worse.

No Roach

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Dystopia Mod was great

It was yes, I'm just having flashbacks.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Got to play for about an hour in a half. It was amazing. I have to start work now, but this game is everything I was hoping for. The day 1 patch worked miracles. No issues so far.

dope

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The early scouts have come back and it's not looking good, there's nothing ahead of us here except getting royally hosed over

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Palpek posted:

There's a magazine with TW3 in it and a wolf school jacket. That's it, the rest is way worse man, way worse.

No Roach

Not even Gwent? Or Pazaak?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Where the gently caress do i go to get a haircut

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Do you have to brush your teeth twice a day in the game to avoid plaque and/or yellowed teeth? I was told this would be a full simulation.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
game bad now??!?! what the hell?!!?!?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

That Italian Guy posted:

Haven't seen this posted yet, Nvidia game ready drivers for Cyberpunk have been released already: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-game-ready-driver/.

Not sure how much of a difference goes between a 3060Ti and a 2070s on the RTX side, but since it's about 5% on general performance, it looks like you should be able to run around 60fps if you set the game to Ultra with RTX at 1080p*:

*with DLSS of course, and with a beefy CPU/32Gb Ram.

Friendly reminder that Ultra settings on a CDPR game are unfair to everything but god box PCs and hardware that doesn't exist yet.

Like Witcher 3 wouldn't hold 1080p 60fps on Ultra settings on the top cards that existed when it came out. Witcher 2 had some insane mega sampling option that was functionally unplayable.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

game bad now??!?! what the hell?!!?!?

These kinds of games were never good.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010805234600/gamesdomain.co.uk/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/jun00/deusex.html

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't believe I've been screwed by that hack Keanu.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Palpek posted:

No Roach

There's also a Wolf School t-shirt.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The early scouts have come back and it's not looking good, there's nothing ahead of us here except getting royally hosed over
This is it man, the abyss. One dude even played half an hour before work and shared some thoughts. It's all over guys.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ErrEff posted:

This GameSpot reviewer had the opposite experience. The sidequests you can find have the potential to be the most interesting parts, whereas the main story left her empty and disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkBI2B2LnU

Also, last 2 minutes are bugs, if you're into that.

Empty sidequests being the more interesting part isn't exactly what I heard but close. They said there was one sidequest that filled in some story, everything else they did was basically show up to a map point or use your phone and start a mission for whichever person, kill guys get a chest, repeat, nothing fun or informative, just generic.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

*busts into the thread, bleeding and panicked*

It’s bad! The game is bad! We are undone!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Palpek posted:

This is it man, the abyss. One dude even played half an hour before work and shared some thoughts. It's all over guys.
...Have I been sarcasm'd?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I can't wait to find the shittiest car and use it for the whole game

Gonna roll up to cybershootouts in my Cybersmart Car

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Where the gently caress do i go to get a haircut
Apparently you go to bed and the hair just glitches out in the morning, welcome to the future.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Communist Bear posted:

It was yes, I'm just having flashbacks.

I nearly had a coronary when I saw that the mod came out 15 fuckin years ago. :negative:

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Humerus posted:

im making a Cyberdad with a mustache and a gut and sweater vest and im driving everywhere in a cyber station wagon

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Humerus posted:

My car's doors all exploded off randomly when I summoned it, so I've good news.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
keanu you son of a bitch how could you!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Close thread game bad

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Close thread game good

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Did any of you get seizures yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Zeta Acosta posted:

keanu you son of a bitch how could you!!!
He's going to pay for this!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Croccers posted:

Lol Netrunner, they killed it in 2018. RIP.

Netrunner was cool and good, but the Living Card Game concept is only a half good alternative to Collectible Card Games. On the one hand entire sets can be had for cheap over time relative to CCGs, but on the other hand there is no desirability to cards AND after two years you need to buy a bunch of loving sets still. If people aren't totally interested in the game to do that or don't have someone to loan them a bunch of cards, they will just go play it online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gonna play some FF14 instead.