Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

And not only do they have maybe a fifth of the people on the streets, but in five minutes of watching a stream I saw duplicate NPCs, visual glitches (stuff like coffee cups floating in front of the NPC while they smoke a cigarette) and at least one NPC blink out of existence while looking straight at them.

I really want to see what this game actually looked like back in April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

More numbers comparing the presets,

rtx 2070 super, extra super high end cpu (amd 5900x) 1080p, 95 º fov:

Low 108 fps
Medium 101 fps
High 85 fps
Ultra 77 fps

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

For anyone who designs games, what is the reason for T-poses as a bug? Is it that characters are designed in a T-pose and then animated? Is that the standard procedure?

Edit- I guess I am suggesting that if you designed characters in a normal stance, the "bug" would be a character not acting normally but standing normally, which seems like a way to avoid some embarrassment.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I can't tell if that person's hair is glitched or if that's just some wacky dumb futuristic haircut front and to the left :v:

I think that's an augmentation plate in a bald head.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VanillaGorilla posted:

Series X has the "Day 0" patch baked in if you preloaded, according to folks online.

edit: Interestingly, Series X has the option to lock 30 fps and get closer to a locked 4k or favor fps. PS5 apparently only allows you to run in 60 fps mode. Seems weird to only have the option on one platform. I wonder if that's coming from working in XGDK with the scalability requirements across Series S / X, etc.

Yeah I was kind of surprised to see a performance and quality mode...although and this was with very little switch testing, I didn't seem to notice much.

So Day 0 was baked in, and we're still getting another patch? Cool. I wonder when it will pop up, perhaps it already has as I haven't checked my series X since this morning.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Shammypants posted:

For anyone who designs games, what is the reason for T-poses as a bug? Is it that characters are designed in a T-pose and then animated? Is that the standard procedure?

Yes, yes.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Pressed check for updates on GOG and now downloading a 10GB patch.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Shammypants posted:

Yes. An actual 3D artist could tell you more, but as I understand it the T-pose is picked because it minimises the amount of texture stretching that happens when the model is put in different poses later.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The NVIDIA driver is live now.

Edit: 50 KB/s wth

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm interested to see what DLSS Quality looks like vs native. Some games it looks close but no cigar vs native, and some it's magically an upgrade in image sharpness (Death Stranding).

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
T-pose is man's natural state, everything else is a deviation

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how is the 2080 super better at RT than the 3070 @ 1080p?

is he using the latest drivers?

I'm not sure these WePC guys can be trusted. This is their article on the best GPUs of 2020 (Last updated on Nov 25, 2020): https://www.wepc.com/reviews/best-graphics-cards/

I don't really get it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

At 00:00:01 I'm disabling chromatic aberration, film grain and depth of field.

Gotta keep the lens flares for that 80s movie vibe tho :pcgaming:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how is the 2080 super better at RT than the 3070 @ 1080p?

is he using the latest drivers?

They had some mix-ups where DLSS was on when they didn't mean it to be on some tests, and they ran some in PSYCHO EXTREME mode instead of Ultra. Probably something like that.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Turin Turambar posted:

More numbers comparing the presets,

rtx 2070 super, extra super high end cpu (amd 5900x) 1080p, 95 º fov:

Low 108 fps
Medium 101 fps
High 85 fps
Ultra 77 fps

Sweet, I should be just great doing High settings with a few extra things on ultra. Now I just need to play the game.

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

The_White_Crane posted:

Yes. An actual 3D artist could tell you more, but as I understand it the T-pose is picked because it minimises the amount of texture stretching that happens when the model is put in different poses later.

Basically this. Its also a lot easier to spot a bugged NPC if they are in t-pose rather than a pose designed to blend in.

Edit: I mean if you are a dev trying to fix the issue or QA trying to find it.

saber45 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 9, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mike the TV posted:

Sweet, I should be just great doing High settings with a few extra things on ultra. Now I just need to play the game.

I've been banging the drum that Ultra is gently caress YOUR $3,000 PC HARDWARE LMAO mode and not something to expect from even good current cards.

And apparently they even have a quality level above Ultra to just make RT 3090s run at 10 FPS for the lols

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Madqueen is currently on a quest where A random man on the street clutching his crotch begs her to take him to a ripperdoc ASAP.

Lmao this game is gonna be fun

E: She didn't make it in time and he died

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw something on reddit about version numbers, but fwiw Kiwipunk is still at 1.0.0.6. (in the game it's 1.02) Surprised it hasn't pushed the Day 1 patch, I've tried restarting to trigger it, but nothing yet.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ErrEff posted:

I'm not sure these WePC guys can be trusted. This is their article on the best GPUs of 2020 (Last updated on Nov 25, 2020): https://www.wepc.com/reviews/best-graphics-cards/

I don't really get it.

List is pretty good for best graphics card you can actually go to a store and buy.

Please don't buy this early access game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNgPtzTpgM

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

The crowd density thing reminds me of when people poo poo on TW3 for their "graphics downgrade" compared to the trailers and at the end of the day nobody gave a poo poo because the game was so loving good. Same thing with the amount of bugs and jankiness TW3 had at launch, it became an afterthought after a couple of patches. I'm expecting the same thing is going to happen here.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

WRONG ITS BECAUSE IT EXUDES loving POWER

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
release the patch for steam keanu you coward

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Slumpy posted:

WRONG ITS BECAUSE IT EXUDES loving POWER

It's Jesus on the cross, you know, religious symbolism.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

The crowd density thing reminds me of when people poo poo on TW3 for their "graphics downgrade" compared to the trailers and at the end of the day nobody gave a poo poo because the game was so loving good. Same thing with the amount of bugs and jankiness TW3 had at launch, it became an afterthought after a couple of patches. I'm expecting the same thing is going to happen here.

Not to mention there are tons of videos people have posted with fairly heavy crowds, but there's a lot of factors, not all streets are busy 24/7 like real life, and obviously a slim PS4 isn't gonna look as good as PC.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

If there’s any PlayStation people who have got to play: how big is the initial patch?

Im preloaded, and it unlocks tonight here for me, but I’m afraid it’s gonna be an extra hour if there’s a 50 gig day one patch.

Apparently the 101 GB preload already includes the day one patch (1.02).

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

And apparently they even have a quality level above Ultra to just make RT 3090s run at 10 FPS for the lols

I haven't seen that? It seems Ultra is the max.

I mean, once you deactivate DLSS and select max RTX (which is separate to the other settings) and 4k, then yes, the RTX 3090 gets hosed :D :D

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Lol empty streets!!

Barely any people on the side of this highway

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zeta Acosta posted:

release the patch for steam keanu you coward

Keanu is delivering the patch to video game HQ, but is driving the SF1000

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr. Funktastic posted:

One day people will stop acting like pre-release footage of games is accurate.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I think the person behind this YT account might have some issues.

Their entire upload history is nothing but this kind of stuff. And they've been posing with a fake PS4 copy of Cyberpunk for months saying the same stuff over and over again. Wow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ErrEff posted:

I don't really get it.

I mean to be fair, it's not wrong because you can't buy a 3000 series card.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

BexGu posted:

List is pretty good for best graphics card you can actually go to a store and buy.

Please don't buy this early access game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNgPtzTpgM

WOAH those guys got like uhh *sweats* CLAYMATION neuromods!!! Uhh

*tears rolling down my face* That VAN must've HACKED your neural-perception-of-the-world biomod! It's make you think you're loving crazy!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Keanu is delivering the patch to video game HQ, but is driving the SF1000

:negative: hey that's uncalled for :italy:

And anyways I think he'd be more likely to take one of his fancy bikes

which are in-game :)

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde

Hamburger Test posted:

Pressed check for updates on GOG and now downloading a 10GB patch.

Is your download speed unusually slow? I'm only getting 1.6MB/s when I should get 10x that.

Was the same for the preload.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Just bought the game after watching shroud stream this. What a masterpiece full of perfect detail. Absolutely incredible. They even have a good reason for chasing immortality. Wow. I am completely floored.

GOTY

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On crowd density and stuff, I don't mind. I'm getting it on a launch PS4, so I'll be happy with low settings type stuff. Also I was just playing GTA3 recently, and I even still find that city fun and immersive.

Street Kids oh yes! The 22% who are keeping it strictly street. And let's listen to that synthwave guy Street Cleaner.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Stupid Decisions posted:

Is your download speed unusually slow? I'm only getting 1.6MB/s when I should get 10x that.

Was the same for the preload.

I was getting like 50MB/s from GOG yesterday so I think they're just getting slammed now

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

ZeeBoi posted:

Apparently the 101 GB preload already includes the day one patch (1.02).

Hell yeah!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

GOG is fine. It's NVIDIA that's the problem on my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm on the east coast in the US, when can I unlock this?