Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a useless teaser, who the gently caress is playing Clarice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone named Rebecca Breeds? But again, it's on CBS so who cares

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Evil was good. Is good. Hail Evil, say I.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mu Zeta posted:

Someone named Rebecca Breeds? But again, it's on CBS so who cares

It's on CBS and it's produced by Alex loving Kurtzman.

Hard pass.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Honestly disappointed we didn't get the Lifetime version, at least it would have been so bad it was funny! This will probably just be boring.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That tagline is very stupid.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

HellNO Clarice

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

That tagline is very stupid.

Everything about it sounds very stupid. It's set a year after Silence of the Lambs, in 1993, but they can't legally do anything with Hannibal Lecter, which is all anyone really cares about. So instead it's just going to be another generic CBS FBI procedural.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

So instead it's just going to be another generic CBS FBI procedural.

So, 15 seasons and 3 spinoffs?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

The dude said he wanted to eat the whole empanada in a single take on camera. He couldn't spit them up due to how he wanted to play the scene.

I'm sure he had the choice to and an unlucky Prop would've bucketed away his chewed mess, but once it was established and they moved to the next camera setup, he couldn't back out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That bucket is what PA's have to eat instead of craft services

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

Everything about it sounds very stupid. It's set a year after Silence of the Lambs, in 1993, but they can't legally do anything with Hannibal Lecter, which is all anyone really cares about. So instead it's just going to be another generic CBS FBI procedural.

lmao so it's set between Silence and Hannibal? ehh makes sense I guess. Can't do an origin story since she wasn't finished her training in Silence anyway, so no FBI hook if it were a prequel.

Still lame tho. Forever chaffed Fuller only had the rights to everything but Silence.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My favorite AV Club features are Random Roles, where they just sit and chat, usually with character actors but occassionally a-listers, and they have these really frank conversations about working on this movie or that TV show or that commercial, and it's always really interesting. I particularly enjoyed today's with Paul Dooley, who is a That Guy hall of famer. I like his story about how he got in Sixteen Candles

quote:

PD: I was only there a couple of weeks, because most of the scenes are with the kids. They became very friendly with a kid named Gedde Watanabe, who played Long Duk Dong, the Korean character. He and I became friends. I knew it was going to be a hit, but I thought it was really just for kids. But then when I saw it, I realized it’s entertaining for anybody, for grown-ups, too. It’s just a very funny show, and it’s really interesting.

The big scene that people remember—young women write me and stop me on the street all the time—about that late-at-night scene where I’m being really warm to [Molly Ringwald’s character], I originally found that that scene wasn’t in the movie. I turned down the movie because I was only in it for the first two or three minutes and the last two or three minutes. And then finally John Hughes, the writer-director, called me, and said, “I wrote a scene in the middle of a movie, just so you’ll be in the movie.” And I read it, and it was a good scene, and that became the scene that everybody remembers. All the young girls love that scene. They say to me when they write to me or meet me on the street, “I wish you were my dad.” [Laughs.] So that’s a nice thing. I am a dad. I have four children and three grandchildren.

e:HBO Max grew from 8.6 to 12.6m from Q3 to Q4 this year. I read it in a deadline article that I'm not linking because y'all never click on articles. Maybe I'm making it up. You'll never know.

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 8, 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

esperterra posted:

lmao so it's set between Silence and Hannibal? ehh makes sense I guess. Can't do an origin story since she wasn't finished her training in Silence anyway, so no FBI hook if it were a prequel.

Still lame tho. Forever chaffed Fuller only had the rights to everything but Silence.

Yeah, the logline says that Starling is now a field agent chasing sexual predators and serial killers while dealing with Washington politics.

So it's going to be, what, Clarice Starling: SVU? :lol:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Wanted another season of Hannibal? Too bad because we are getting Clarice instead. And it's on CBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyjypTSKNs

Timby posted:

esperterra posted:

I wonder how much awesome entertainment we would get if it wasn't for producers/production companies and their lawyers constantly engaging in combat over rights? You want "X" well you can have "g" or "y" because we might make a show. <Years later> oh bollocks- we are about to lose the rights so let's poop out some half arsed effort. <It bombs> "Welp I guess nobody is interested in Hannibal or intense crime dramas. Let's make another police procedural, medical or reality show!"

We still get good stuff I know but when that pattern keeps repeating itself then I get a bit sad. I wanted season 3 of Utopia.

Timby posted:

Yeah, the logline says that Starling is now a field agent chasing sexual predators and serial killers while dealing with Washington politics.

So it's going to be, what, Clarice Starling: SVU? :lol:
I swear this was a joke in a cartoon or movie somewhere...<hollywood trailer voice> "She fought serial killers and now she's gotta fight... being a working mom in man's world. Clarice Starling goes to Washington this fall on Fox!"

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 9, 2020

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Mu Zeta posted:

Wanted another season of Hannibal? Too bad because we are getting Clarice instead. And it's on CBS.

Sigh.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mu Zeta posted:

Booooooooo! Booooooooo, I say!

Also, I read an article talking about a show called 'Normal People' being a really big hit on BBC. Never heard of it until today. Worth checking out?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't want another season of Hannibal, it's fine the way it is

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still haven't watched S3 because the S2 finale knocked me on my rear end too much I needed a break.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

STAC Goat posted:

I still haven't watched S3 because the S2 finale knocked me on my rear end too much I needed a break.

Hannibal S2 finale is one of my favorite episode of television.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I honestly think it's a moral obligation to make covid a story point if your show is ostensibly taking place in the contemporary real world, doubly so if it's a medical drama. This poo poo is real and it's not going away anytime soon and unfortunately too many people are more than happy to pretend it isn't a big deal and producing media that's supposed to be reflective of reality that downplays the severity of events is cowardly. "Oh gosh we don't want to upset anyone and maybe make them watch something else, what will the executives and advertisers think!"

:hmmyes:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Booooooooo! Booooooooo, I say!

Also, I read an article talking about a show called 'Normal People' being a really big hit on BBC. Never heard of it until today. Worth checking out?

Yeah Normal People ruled

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yo, is someone running a TVIV top ten poll this year, or is it me because I'm the stupid bugger who asked?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yo, is someone running a TVIV top ten poll this year, or is it me because I'm the stupid bugger who asked?

Looten Plunder posted:

Also, I'll have a few days off in about a week. I'll start preparing this years TVIV End of Year thread (which could be a disaster because TV is mega diluted now or might be a return to form because movies don't exist and everyone has been locked in their house watching stuff).

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ayy awesome! Sorry I missed your post, my bad.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu Zeta posted:

I love consuming content from the epic Hannibal Lector cinematic universe.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Timby posted:

It's on CBS and it's produced by Alex loving Kurtzman.

Hard pass.

Kurtzman has basically become cbs's Kevin Feige. His name is on everything they do these days

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1336019841006833666?s=21

Appropriate. :hmmyes:

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Blackish had some really good COVID focused episodes to the start of the season but like with a lot of topics it covers, it's kind of moved on to other things.

There were a few heavy lockdown episodes but now it seems things are being pushed back to the background again (Dre is back in the office, masks are all but forgotten, kids are in school like normal, the Johnsons host a wedding at home, etc.)

Why yes, I am one of the few people still watching Blackish.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sumo posted:

Why yes, I am one of the few people still watching Blackish.

Have they done an episode showing how to go to Disney while being socially distanced yet?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/tordotcom/status/1336724962531532801

Sure why not

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there's a show that gets immediately rebooted and fills the slot the original just vacated.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I always felt like True Blood could just go forever, and I'd probably keep watching.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there's a show that gets immediately rebooted and fills the slot the original just vacated.

That kinda almost happened with Arrow ending and then the CW picking up the spinoff about his daughter who will do Arrow related shenanigans. idk if the CW actually greenlit that show though.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That kinda almost happened with Arrow ending and then the CW picking up the spinoff about his daughter who will do Arrow related shenanigans. idk if the CW actually greenlit that show though.

Last article I saw said it was still in limbo, so who knows

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

This has to have happened with a law and order or ncis show by now, if spinoffs count.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I watched the first episode of Schitt's Creek and it didn't do anything for me, does it improve or is the comedy just not for me?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oasx posted:

I watched the first episode of Schitt's Creek and it didn't do anything for me, does it improve or is the comedy just not for me?

Schitt's Creek is a bit of an enigma to describe, but it definitely gets better with time, and at some point it'll make you cry.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oasx posted:

It starts off really rough but gets a lot better. I don't think it's as mind-blowingly amazing as some have made it out to be, but it's a solid show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wonder if they'll follow the books more closely this time