Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Iron Lung posted:

Should i buy this on steam or GoG, or does it really matter at all?

No, both will give you refunds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Availability is terrible, but maybe you can walk into your local Computer Parts Store and get lucky. Otherwise you get to :f5: on a stock discord with a few dozen other goons, several of whom probably already have three different 3070s and 3080s on a shelf as they search for the exact model they want...

In general, Ultra settings in a launch CDPR title will be ironic settings to make Top Tier systems look like my avatar. You can probably start with High/Very High and see what actually looks better when bumped to ultra.

The caveat is that, apparently, you need RTX set to ultra if you want reflections, so :rip:.

Yeah. Mixed messages on the rtx too, some of the screenshots don't look great but the digital foundry guys said the rtx implementation was exceptional. We'll see soon I guess

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

eonwe posted:

whoever bought Zaphod a redtext with the insult 'autist' in it, you're a fuckin loser

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Getting upset enough at someone to buy them a redtext for posting a lot about a video game they're excited for in a thread for that video game is a pretty brutal self own. I feel kinda bad for them :(

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

PerilPastry posted:

Anyone else's GOG update of the game keep failing?

yes, digging into it there was not enough disk space, but after clearing tons of space (52GB) i am now uninstalling and redownloading - guessing it's not just space for the update (which should be around 10GB) but also to extract and install

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

puve posted:

Shadowrun on genesis is like 1 megabyte. And the game's title isn't Truckerpunk 2077

I'm pretty sure the new PnP Cyberpunk got rid of the net for game balance purposes. Shadowrun did the same thing. They didn't want to have all the other players sitting around waiting while the hacker plays a solo game. CDPR probably didn't include it both because it would be a ton of work adding a ton of complexity to an all ready huge game, AND it wouldn't even make much sense lore-wise.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

from what ive read so far the cyberpunk 2077 internet is more akin to like the astral plane or something - a hellspace full of demons that people avoid unless they absolutely need to use it, and everything else is just a citywide LAN

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Would really like to grab a 3070 but I have no idea what availability is like

I was in the EVGA queue on Oct 29th and got my email last week fyi

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

That was DLSS 1. Version 2 has a generic autoencoder, not a game-specific trained one.

While you are correct, Nvidia still doesn't just let anybody implement DLSS. It isn't open at all.

My guess as to why: I doubt the current version of DLSS actually needs to run on the tensor cores, and could probably be fairly easily implemented by AMD if they knew how it worked. It is currently Nvidia's biggest competitive advantage, so I understand why they would want to hold on to that as long as possible.

As someone who wishes it was implemented in every new game, it makes me sad though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow whoever called me an Autistic Moron bought me yet ANOTHER red-text for daring to post about a videogame in a videogame thread

on launch day

Who are you, coward? Name yourself.

Like, did you even do anything to deserve a red text? You're barely posting every 2000 seconds, tbqh. I think I have shitposted way more than you...

terrorist ambulance posted:

Yeah. Mixed messages on the rtx too, some of the screenshots don't look great but the digital foundry guys said the rtx implementation was exceptional. We'll see soon I guess

Pretty sure those are bugs or specific areas...I certainly haven't seen a lot of those, as much as it comforts me to think it will :airquote: look better :airquote: on my 1070 than with RTX on a 3060Ti...

If you have a GPU capable of running the RTX, then you also have DLSS, and should definitely take advantage of both. I'd rather do 1080p at RTX Ultra than 1440p at Ultra no RTX, but maybe I'm crazy.
:shrug:

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I'm pretty sure the new PnP Cyberpunk got rid of the net for game balance purposes. Shadowrun did the same thing. They didn't want to have all the other players sitting around waiting while the hacker plays a solo game. CDPR probably didn't include it both because it would be a ton of work adding a ton of complexity to an all ready huge game, AND it wouldn't even make much sense lore-wise.

The internet wouldn't make sense lore wise in Cyberpunk?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

puve posted:

ya it's full of mad ais that explode your head or something from what ive read of the setting

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
game devs have to send their game to nvidia to crunch the numbers on their super computer. It's not just a simple api.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow whoever called me an Autistic Moron bought me yet ANOTHER red-text for daring to post about a videogame in a videogame thread

on launch day

Who are you, coward? Name yourself.

I thought something was up when I noticed your usual avatar missing. Whoever it is being a total dweeb needs to get over themselves.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

puve posted:

I'm no lore expert, but it was shut down when some rear end in a top hat hacker guy filled it full of killer AI that murders anyone who tries to log on. It's been blocked off by some sort of government agency.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Like, did you even do anything to deserve a red text? You're barely posting every 2000 seconds, tbqh. I think I have shitposted way more than you...

Well, now I feel obligated to post even more or else the terrorists win.

Mad Wack posted:

ya it's full of mad ais that explode your head or something from what ive read of the setting

Yeah I heard Pondsmith talking about this in a recent interview, sometime around 2040 before 2077 the internet gets real nasty and its just like the worst of the worst hackers and AIs and transcendent-human-ghosts and viruses and basically its digital hell and the rest of the world like builds a giant firewall with some fancy name and largely avoids it?

Yeah "The Blackwall"

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Blackwall

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

yes, digging into it there was not enough disk space, but after clearing tons of space (52GB) i am now uninstalling and redownloading - guessing it's not just space for the update (which should be around 10GB) but also to extract and install

guess I'm redownloading then. thanks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah like i've almost posted just as much, but every single one of my posts in this thread have been pure trash.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, now I feel obligated to post even more or else the terrorists win.

Yeah I heard Pondsmith talking about this in a recent interview, sometime around 2040 before 2077 the internet gets real nasty and its just like the worst of the worst hackers and AIs and transcendent-human-ghosts and viruses and basically its digital hell and the rest of the world like builds a giant firewall with some fancy name and largely avoids it?

Yeah "The Blackwall"

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Blackwall

there's a dece summary of wtf happened to the net lorewise for cp2077 here - https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-blackwall-netrunners-explained/

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's this Asaraka? lore thing?

is there a book I should have read?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's this Asaraka? lore thing?

Arasaka is one of the megacorps in Cyberpunk.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So yeah, apparently Steam will have to download another 3GB after decrypting the preload. :|

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336701768038830081?s=19

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I'm no lore expert, but it was shut down when some rear end in a top hat hacker guy filled it full of killer AI that murders anyone who tries to log on. It's been blocked off by some sort of government agency.

Evading a military blockade to explore an internet full of hostile AI sounds like something that would be fun to play. Or they could just have a few randomized prefab systems to hack into like a much older simpler game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Well the OP put a lot of work into the OP post so I'd just read that :)

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Nondescript Van posted:

game devs have to send their game to nvidia to crunch the numbers on their super computer. It's not just a simple api.

That was the 1.0 version. If you want to know the details for 2.0, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5knHzv0IQE

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yeah like i've almost posted just as much, but every single one of my posts in this thread have been pure trash.

Oh look, whoever it is can hear us.

Coward. Whoever you are, I hope you move on with your life and find something that makes you happier than making GBS threads on someone and calling them autistic as a slur.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Combat Pretzel posted:

So yeah, apparently Steam will have to download another 3GB after decrypting the preload. :|

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336701768038830081?s=19

Glad I upgrade to gigabit last month.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

puve posted:

Evading a military blockade to explore an internet full of hostile AI sounds like something that would be fun to play. Or they could just have a few randomized prefab systems to hack into like a much older simpler game

It would have just led to disappointment when the trailers showed hundreds of AIs walking around but at launch the game could only render a dozen at a time.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh look, whoever it is can hear us.

Coward. Whoever you are, I hope you move on with your life and find something that makes you happier than making GBS threads on someone and calling them autistic as a slur.

Lol at anyone giving this dying web forum money to dunk on their posting enemies.

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 
Watched ChrisOdd's Nomad intro playthrough and bit bummed it is only like 30 mins long with lame montage with voice over to get into Night City. Really wanted to ride into the city itself. But oh well, I hope background plays into the game more than that.

Also it says now game is coming Dec 10th on Steam instead Dec9th, wtf?

Deadreak fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 9, 2020

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

puve posted:

e: made this a spoiler for one of the gangs from some of the preview footage i think you do that with the voodoo boys who are a gang of netrunners - it was featured pretty early on

its just that the way they set up the net you really need a lot of help to get on it because of the extreme danger

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

puve posted:

Evading a military blockade to explore an internet full of hostile AI sounds like something that would be fun to play.

I think the implication is that we may be doing something like that, possibly with the Voodoo Boys, but it'll be like a single quest, not something you can do whenever you want. That seems fair no?

puve posted:

Or they could just have a few randomized prefab systems to hack into like a much older simpler game

You can still hack tons of poo poo throughout the city, relax. There are entire systems to hack in this game. They just aren't "the internet". Maybe you have the wrong impression. There's like a bunch of WAN/LAN systems, there's just no like browser and servers on the net type deal, that's all.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

puve posted:

Wouldn't it be more like sneaking past the lifeguards while rubbing yourself down with hotdog juice and then jumping into shark infested waters?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
As far as anyone’s posted anywhere, there’s no ingame barber. So your makeup and hair style are locked on creation. Back to the New Game menu for meeeeeee.

(I hope they add this as freeLC. I mean surely people know that you change your make up on the daily?)

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

doingitwrong posted:

As far as anyone’s posted anywhere, there’s no ingame barber. So your makeup and hair style are locked on creation. Back to the New Game menu for meeeeeee.

(I hope they add this as freeLC. I mean surely people know that you change your make up on the daily?)

I mean they had it in Witcher 3.... why not have it here as well? Such weird decision.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sounds like we need to tear down the black wall

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

doingitwrong posted:

I feel like they've shown promo material of people changing cosmetics at a mirror, but maybe it was just NPC set dressing. I never use in-game barbers, but I like having the option to never use them...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

this suuuuuucks

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mad Wack posted:

from some of the preview footage i think you do that with the voodoo boys who are a gang of netrunners - it was featured pretty early on

its just that the way they set up the net you really need a lot of help to get on it because of the extreme danger

The fact that there's net scenarios in some of the missions and cdpr's good if short record with dlc gives me hope they will flesh out the net side of things more

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Wasn't the witcher 2 barber also added post-launch?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

no way is there no barber in this game about body mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Deadreak posted:

I mean they had it in Witcher 3.... why not have it here as well? Such weird decision.

It's an odd oversight, but I imagine it's on a to-do list somewhere. Just lower priority than the Make Everyone Stop T-Posing During Cutscenes and Game Crashes Repeatedly During Final Mission fixes they needed to get out.