Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

maybe you can get new hair installed at the ripperdoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

rap music posted:

no way is there no barber in this game about body mods

hair isn't your body you absolute clown, you fool

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Deadreak posted:

I mean they had it in Witcher 3.... why not have it here as well? Such weird decision.

That was one of the post-launch free DLCs, I think? It probably will be here as well.

Still dumb.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

BULBASAUR posted:

Sounds like we need to tear down the black wall

Lol, are you secretly Egg from DAI?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

rap music posted:

body mods, not hair mods

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

rap music posted:

It’s called body mods not hair mods :colbert:

e: fb

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Giant Bomb’s quick look is live now

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

puve posted:

Evading a military blockade to explore an internet full of hostile AI sounds like something that would be fun to play. Or they could just have a few randomized prefab systems to hack into like a much older simpler game

"why didn't they just...?" i read, wincing from the back pain in my tiny apartment that, for most of the last year has been functioning as a makeshift office

edit: could write this for a half dozen posts I've seen in the last few pages but this one stood out

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

Wicked Them Beats posted:

It's an odd oversight, but I imagine it's on a to-do list somewhere. Just lower priority than the Make Everyone Stop T-Posing During Cutscenes and Game Crashes Repeatedly During Final Mission fixes they needed to get out.

Lol, you are right, it is probably buried somewhere in Jira under P4.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Gamerofthegame posted:

hair isn't your body you absolute clown, you fool

are you suggesting that hair is some freakish parasite that has fused itself to my scalp?!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

"why didn't they just...?" i read, wincing from the back pain in my tiny apartment that, in the past few months has been converted into a makeshift office

Look at you posting instead of working. For shame, Comte. For shame. Code us up a barbershop.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

rap music posted:

are you suggesting that hair is some freakish parasite that has fused itself to my scalp?!

worse

your penis 2

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Creating a petition to ban comte from this thread for a while for his own sanity

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"why didn't they just...?" i read, wincing from the back pain in my tiny apartment that, for most of the last year has been functioning as a makeshift office

edit: could write this for a half dozen posts I've seen in the last few pages but this one stood out

All I'm saying is it's funny that you can't go online or cut your hair in a game called Cyberpunk

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

does this game have jet skis and realistic wave physics?

ffs wave race 64 had that like a quarter century ago

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I'm egdy and unique and I will purchase this only on Friday evening. I have enough trouble concentrating on remote work when I don't have this game whispering in my ear.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Is it time to spam metacritics with 0 scores becauses the game is literally hitlers future son, cyber hitler?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
GiantBomb started up their stream: https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Are there body hair mods?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Why didn't you just add more dicks?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, now I feel obligated to post even more or else the terrorists win.

Yeah I heard Pondsmith talking about this in a recent interview, sometime around 2040 before 2077 the internet gets real nasty and its just like the worst of the worst hackers and AIs and transcendent-human-ghosts and viruses and basically its digital hell and the rest of the world like builds a giant firewall with some fancy name and largely avoids it?

Yeah "The Blackwall"

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Blackwall

I think you are a cool dude and love seeing how excited you are about interests and hobbies.

gently caress whoever is being a douche about it.

Also I can't wait to play a buggy street samurai web surfing poochie from the simpsons looking guy.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hell yeah a person appeared sunken into the sidewalk in the Giant Bomb stream

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's what Geforce is saying for my build for a higher end reference. (3080, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 7 3800x)

Highly doubt it's worth setting RT to "PSYCHO"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ZeeBoi posted:

Hell yeah a person appeared sunken into the sidewalk in the Giant Bomb stream

The corpo lady's cigarette staying in her mouth while she animated moving it in the air is the kinda jank I am here for on day-1

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I think you are a cool dude and love seeing how excited you are about interests and hobbies.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Skillup review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKeBbk-9YA&ab_channel=SkillUp

tldr: it's The Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk. ie. a great game but if you thought that combat or the RPG elements of W3 were a problem for you you are going to have the same problem here. Does not redefine the genre in the way W3 did at release. Also hilariously buggy, maybe wait for it to get fixed.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

No reflection of yourself in car windows get it reflects the environment

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Skillup. I like his reviews, I know nothing of his politics, and I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKeBbk-9YA

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Alchenar posted:

Skillup review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKeBbk-9YA&ab_channel=SkillUp

tldr: it's The Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk. ie. a great game but if you thought that combat or the RPG elements of W3 were a problem for you you are going to have the same problem here. Does not redefine the genre in the way W3 did at release. Also hilariously buggy, maybe wait for it to get fixed.

My expectations have been a story driven action-adventure game. I had zero expectations for RPG elements. And I don't much care for action. So if this has a nice story and lots of characters and interesting dialogue, I'm happy.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

The corpo lady's cigarette staying in her mouth while she animated moving it in the air is the kinda jank I am here for on day-1

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

:waycool:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

lobsterminator posted:

My expectations have been a story driven action-adventure game. I had zero expectations for RPG elements. And I don't much care for action. So if this has a nice story and lots of characters and interesting dialogue, I'm happy.

He's leaning a bit heavy into the bug warning but it's basically 'CD Projeckt made a game. It's good at the things they are good at and less good at the things they're less good at'. So yeah, happy.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ahaha vinny started shooting around some NPCs and they didn’t react

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Shammypants posted:

For anyone who designs games, what is the reason for T-poses as a bug? Is it that characters are designed in a T-pose and then animated? Is that the standard procedure?

Edit- I guess I am suggesting that if you designed characters in a normal stance, the "bug" would be a character not acting normally but standing normally, which seems like a way to avoid some embarrassment.

Somebody else may have answered, but generally characters are built in a T looking pose, or in more modern cars today, with the arms angled down at about a 45 degree angle.

When some model attempts to associate with an animation it may not be designed for, such as a different skeleton mesh animation, it's not going to play and there is a good chance your character is going to fall back to the editor "T-Pose" condition.

Sometimes it can resolve the issue and return to normal following the failed animation, but in a lot of cases from there forwards the character is being associated with wrong animations and can't recover. You need to restart the application so the character can be regenerated again hopefully with the correct association.

Hope this helps. :)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

rap music posted:

does this game have jet skis and realistic wave physics?

ffs wave race 64 had that like a quarter century ago

Yes but the jetski’s feel like they’re stuck to the ground and there’s no damage models it’s bullshit

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

First time this happens? For a single player game, I mean

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Watching Cohh’s stream a bit this morning made the crunchier side of RPG mechanics appear crunchier than TW3 at least, but maybe they aren’t necessarily in practice over 100 hours.

Either way, game looks good, I’m excited to try it tonight.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

Highly doubt it's worth setting RT to "PSYCHO"

That specifically enables RT global illumination apparently, which was a quite nice feature in Metro Exodus, but can be fairly subtle.

I'm definitely going to try it, and I can't wait to see how it tanks performance.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

watching the giant bomb stream and yeah it looks kinda rough.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

Some pretty hilarious bugs already a few minutes in. This game is not ready for release, lol.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

hot takes from the site that also hated Disco Elysium and Witcher 3 at launch, I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Escape Goat posted:

Some pretty hilarious bugs already a few minutes in. This game is not ready for release, lol.

Yeah Vinny shooting at plot NPCs and them not reacting was funny