Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

This game is kinda ugly on xbox

Its a ram issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kloa posted:

considering the game is rated m, you either have to be 17 or older to buy it, or have your parents buy it for you

how do you make it to 17 without realizing maybe you should stay away from videogames and need a warning every time you boot up said game(s)?

i don't know first or second hand. seizures are weird and i think the one scene had similar flashing to the seizure tool docs use to induce them for poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

To be fair the Xbox was released on November 15, 2001.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what the hell is cold blood

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

could have stopped your sentence after the word ugly

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

rap music posted:

Being at critically low HP, is my understanding. Seems like a truly terrible tree TBH

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i don't know first or second hand. seizures are weird and i think the one scene had similar flashing to the seizure tool docs use to induce them for poo poo.

"Seizure Tool"

Have you viewed the scene you're describing?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
people with seizures can still play video games you idiots, my gf plays VR and has epilepsy

and the textures are real bad lol. i'm trying to get my xbox to show the screenshot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rap music posted:

Kill skills, basically.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cortana, post cyberdong

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amazing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mkvltra posted:

"Seizure Tool"

Have you viewed the scene you're describing?

the seizure person, who described the issue, which cdpr acknowledged, has seen both the scene and the tool in question. it caused a seizure in them. I dunno what else you need in way of proof.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zaphod42 posted:

Not gonna lie between the vietnam realization and the egg shells thing (I think I'd even heard that before) I've been howling for the last 3 minutes

"Did we lose Vietnam?" is some seriously efficient comedy.

I think it’s bullshit that people are talking about Dan Ryckert without talking about White Castle crystals and how he thought if you put a cooked steak in a refrigerator, it became raw.

https://youtu.be/wMuA1cTID7Q

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Which xbox model is this?

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

rap music posted:

Cold Blood - 0/3
"After defeating an enemy, gain Cold Blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 2 times."

Seems like a tree designed for building up momentum and executing sick combos and kill chains

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I just got a notification that there is yet another Geforce Cyberpunk game-ready driver.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

No Mods No Masters posted:

Being at critically low HP, is my understanding. Seems like a truly terrible tree TBH

no if you watch the skills video it's a buff you get when you kill someone - the tree upgrades the buff

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

rap music posted:

quote:

After defeating an enemy, gain cold blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 1 times

Perks add additional effects and increase max stacks.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

kloa posted:

considering the game is rated m, you either have to be 17 or older to buy it, or have your parents buy it for you

how do you make it to 17 without realizing maybe you should stay away from videogames and need a warning every time you boot up said game(s)?

The article linked in the OP said that Cyberpunk 2077 has a scene where the character wears a medical device that's supposed to cause seizures for medical diagnostic reasons and the person playing the game had such a seizure. This in-game device is supposed to be like the actual one used for seizure diagnostics in hospitals. I can't speak to the veracity of any of the claims, but if that's true I'd say it's a bad move for a video game. Just have the medical device flash to white dull red or something.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sean10mm posted:

Which xbox model is this?

series x

i wish the other image would upload its lol FF7R door texture worthy

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

dex_sda posted:

the seizure person, who described the issue, which cdpr acknowledged, has seen both the scene and the tool in question. it caused a seizure in them. I dunno what else you need in way of proof.

I have seen the scene, I have been following the issue, but the person I quoted seems to have not- and that's okay.

I'm not the one who needs proof, I put "Seizure Tool" in quotes because I thought that description was funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rap music posted:

No Mods No Masters posted:

No I'm pretty sure Cold Blood is a buff you get on killing someone, so it benefits you when fighting groups.

The more skills you take in the tree, the more the buff does when you get it, and you can stack it up I think too.

E: Lol beaten multiple times I should finish the page

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

funkymonks posted:

I just got a notification that there is yet another Geforce Cyberpunk game-ready driver.

I still see 460.79, same as this morning. Fly away Troll

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don’t think the weapon crafting and upgrading is very good.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

mkvltra posted:

Cold Blood - 0/3
"After defeating an enemy, gain Cold Blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 2 times."

Seems like a tree designed for building up momentum and executing sick combos and kill chains

sounds like a cool thing for a knife hands cyberpunk to have

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Zaphod42 posted:

No I'm pretty sure Cold Blood is a buff you get on killing someone, so it benefits you when fighting groups.

The more skills you take in the tree, the more the buff does when you get it, and you can stack it up I think too.

is that a new, new, new red text?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

w00tmonger posted:

is that a new, new, new red text?

Yeah someone is very angry about my enjoying a videogame

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
17 pages isn't that much considering this game has been in dev for like 5+ years or something

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Weird red text. What sort of weirdo posts in games threads anyway? Certainly not me.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

E: Lol beaten multiple times I should finish the page

Yep. But from what I've seen, I doubt it's worth it?? It seems you need to invest to lots of perk points on it, just to have a miscellaneous collection of tiny-to-small bonuses every time you kill someone.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. like i want to build a blade/pistol/long gun with charisma build. and this just melts my brain.

That's literally just reflex/cool IIRC. Reflex accounts for blades and small arms, Body is big guns and blunt melee. Cool is like sniper rifles, stealth, and strength of personality stuff IIRC.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah someone is very angry about my enjoying a videogame

It’s okay. You’re just hyped about a (seemingly) good game as I am, too. You just post a lot more. :shobon:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
release the patch gabe newell

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Turin Turambar posted:

Yep. But from what I've seen, I doubt it's worth it?? It seems you need to invest to lots of perk points on it, just to have a miscellaneous collection of tiny-to-small bonuses every time you kill someone.

The benefit is that after investing a perk point, you start getting upgrades the more that point is used. Cold Blood gives you perk points back as a part of this, so it makes itself free.

EDIT: And because it being "used" is killing people, it fills up quick.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Turin Turambar posted:

This is kind of how all the character stuff looks at first glance.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm interpreting the Cold Blood tree in the same way I interpreted the Luck stat / Bleed builds in Dark Souls III. Cool bonus mechanics that probably aren't too fun or gratifying on the first playthrough

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

The video guy made a really interesting min/max protip and suggested dropping a single perk point into it. The thing is as you trigger it over and over you'll level up the skill, and doing so earns you skill perks which you can spend on OTHER skills. You're capped based on your Cool stat, but still.... that's some dividends.

Claes Oldenburger posted:

The benefit is that after investing a perk point, you start getting upgrades the more that point is used. Cold Blood gives you perk points back as a part of this, so it makes itself free.

EDIT: And because it being "used" is killing people, it fills up quick.

beaten!

But the especially crazy thing is the perk points you get from leveling skills can be spent on OTHER skill trees entirely!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is there a consensus of whether or not I should play as a female or a male character? I recall Mass Effect fans for example went big for Female Shepard.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you think about it as a deus ex game, of the skills only stealth and hacking really have the potential to open up new routes vs just making you better at the default killing poo poo path. Does the game operate on the level where doing a mission with stealth/hacking would actually open up different outcomes? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Zaphod42 posted:

The video guy made a really interesting min/max protip and suggested dropping a single perk point into it. The thing is as you trigger it over and over you'll level up the skill, and doing so earns you skill perks which you can spend on OTHER skills. You're capped based on your Cool stat, but still.... that's some dividends.

beaten!

But the especially crazy thing is the perk points you get from leveling skills can be spent on OTHER skill trees entirely!

Yeah! So it gives you more than 1 back I think and you can spend that on whatever. It seems like the best first choice to pick if that's all true.